A New Breed of Beast

Page 2 of 8 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Injuries are just something to work around to make life more interesting for true warriors like yourself.

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Hey bill, just as a funny question, how many hours a week total between strength + cardio do you think you are in the gym?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    Injuries are just something to work around to make life more interesting for true warriors like yourself.
    It has livened things up, that's for sure. I think it's minor which is great and will be in the squat rack on Monday morning. Both you and Shawn have such huge quads, It's time for me to stop rollin on 22's and move up to 24's.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Hey bill, just as a funny question, how many hours a week total between strength + cardio do you think you are in the gym?
    I'd guess 8 to 12 hours. It just depends what my goals are at the time and how well I'm meeting them.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BillFinkbiner View Post
    It has livened things up, that's for sure. I think it's minor which is great and will be in the squat rack on Monday morning. Both you and Shawn have such huge quads, It's time for me to stop rollin on 22's and move up to 24's.
    SPINNERS!
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Now onto today. It was awesome. I'm on my new Lean Mass program. The Team Scivation Lean Mass diet is great. I get tons of variety now. All I have to do is hit my macros for each meal. And they are all laid out for me to plug in whatever clean protien, carb, vegtable, fruit, or fat I want.

I also have my new training program from Derek. it's afour day upper lower split. Two on, one off, two on, two off; with HIIT and LI cardio on two off days. The main goal of this routine is to add some size to my legs and delts. As well as ramp my metabolism back up to make dieting for the clash more effective.

Since I'm starting a new program, I'm going to list my current supps for this 4-5 week period.
    Xtend
    VasoXplode
    Substance WPI (I've been hording it like the Today sponge on Seinfeld)
    Primaforce Beta-Alanine
    Alcalean
    Creaform
    Glutaform
    Nitrocharge
    Primaforce ZMA
    Sesamin
    Primaforce CLA
    Fish Oil
    Pro 32X Multi
    Vitamin C
    L-Lysine
    Zinc

Yes that's a lot of supps, but some are just used as a pre bed cocktail: ZMA, Glutaform, Nitrocharge, and Xtend to cover the flavor of the rest. These are pretty much the ingredients to most GH boosters on the market, but I can still use them for other purposes.

Here's today's workout. It's split up into alternating movements similar to supersets, but with a full rest period (60-90 seconds) between sets.

Before I do any chest work I alway do some rotator exercises. I've hurt both of my shoulders in the short amount of time I've been training

BB Bench BB Bent Over Row
    135x10 warm up 135x10 warm up
    185x5 225x5
    190x5 235x5
    200x5 235x5

BB Military Press BB Shrugs
    115x5 315x5
    125x5 315x2 Had a bad pinch in my left mid back
    130x5 275x5

The next two exercises are stand alones with less rest

DB Side Laterals
    30x10
    35x8
    35x7.5

1 Arm Cable Laterals
    40x10 cable in front
    40x7.5 cable behind back
    40x8 cable in front

I loved this workout. My delts were swollen and really took on a great shape. I had a huge pump from the first group of bench and BO rows. That and using vasoXplode for the first time with a large amoutn of carbs in my diet. I alternated the cable placement on the 1 arm laterals just to see how each felt. I think that next week I will do the same, but with the cable behind/front/behind.

I was running a bit late so I only got in 20 minutes of incline treadmill. Stil worked up a great sweat though.

Tomorrow is LEGS. I can't wait. Time for some THICKNESS!!!
  7. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Now onto today. It was awesome. I'm on my new Lean Mass program. The Team Scivation Lean Mass diet is great. I get tons of variety now. All I have to do is hit my macros for each meal. And they are all laid out for me to plug in whatever clean protien, carb, vegtable, fruit, or fat I want.

I also have my new training program from Derek. it's afour day upper lower split. Two on, one off, two on, two off; with HIIT and LI cardio on two off days. The main goal of this routine is to add some size to my legs and delts. As well as ramp my metabolism back up to make dieting for the clash more effective.

Since I'm starting a new program, I'm going to list my current supps for this 4-5 week period.
    Xtend
    VasoXplode
    Substance WPI (I've been hording it like the Today sponge on Seinfeld)
    Primaforce Beta-Alanine
    Alcalean
    Creaform
    Glutaform
    Nitrocharge
    Primaforce ZMA
    Sesamin
    Primaforce CLA
    Fish Oil
    Pro 32X Multi
    Vitamin C
    L-Lysine
    Zinc

Yes that's a lot of supps, but some are just used as a pre bed cocktail: ZMA, Glutaform, Nitrocharge, and Xtend to cover the flavor of the rest. These are pretty much the ingredients to most GH boosters on the market, but I can still use them for other purposes.

Here's today's workout. It's split up into alternating movements similar to supersets, but with a full rest period (60-90 seconds) between sets.

Before I do any chest work I alway do some rotator exercises. I've hurt both of my shoulders in the short amount of time I've been training

BB Bench BB Bent Over Row
    135x10 warm up 135x10 warm up
    185x5 225x5
    190x5 235x5
    200x5 235x5

115x5 315x5
    125x5 315x2 Had a bad pinch in my left mid back
    130x5 275x5

The next two exercises are stand alones with less rest

DB Side Laterals
    30x10
    35x8
    35x7.5

1 Arm Cable Laterals
    40x10 cable in front
    40x7.5 cable behind back
    40x8 cable in front

I loved this workout. My delts were swollen and really took on a great shape. I had a huge pump from the first group of bench and BO rows. That and using vasoXplode for the first time with a large amoutn of carbs in my diet. I alternated the cable placement on the 1 arm laterals just to see how each felt. I think that next week I will do the same, but with the cable behind/front/behind.

I was running a bit late so I only got in 20 minutes of incline treadmill. Stil worked up a great sweat though.

Tomorrow is LEGS. I can't wait. Time for some THICKNESS!!!
    This is how we roll--awesome supplement stack!
  8. Registered User
    Answers

This is how we roll--awesome supplement stack!
    Oh yeah, and I forgot to list Primaforce Cissus.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Somehow I forgot to list Primaforce Cissus in my suppliment arsenal. I would probably be hobbled without it.

Speaking of Cissus, I'm becoming more are more convinced that I hae an upper groin/tendon strain. I'm going to seek out a sports med doctor if it gets to where I feel any pain. Today, I didn't have pain, but did feel some heat in that area while squating. So, I'm going to up my Cissus to three times a day to speed recovery.

Speaking of today, I went in to DESTROY, and that's just what I did. No fear. Like the Rock used to say, "Just Bring It"

These again are alternating exercises, similar to supersets, but with a full rest between exercises.

Squats Seated Calf Raises
    135x6 warm up
    185x6 warm up
    225x5 180x5
    230x5 180x5
    230x5 180x5
    I was pretty surprised with how good the squats felt. I know I can go higher, almost did, but I was leaning forward abit on the last couple of reps in set 2, and decided not to push the groin strain.

SLDL Standing Calf Raise
    275x5 135x5
    275x5 145x5
    275x5 155x5

CG Bench BB Curls
    175x5 90x5
    180x5 95x5
    185x4 100x5

Weighted Leg Raises Weighted Incline Crunches
    15x12 25x12
    20x12 25x12
    20x12 25x12
    I did weighted ab exercises, because my program calls for 8-12 reps for these exercises, and I usually do extremely high reps for my abs. I liked the added weight. I felt it really tighten my abs and should make for some deeper separation.

Then I took my Dialene 4 and did 30 minutes at 24% incline Speed 4 on the treadmill. Burned 593 calories.

I am definately feeling some post contest bloat from the new diet and am holding water like a camel. This should subside pretty soon though.

As I was leaving the gym's parking lot, I started to think about my strength goals for this Lean Mass period. This was strange, because I hardly ever think in terms of strength. Now, I feel that I need some more density and of course some serious inches in my quads, hams, and calves. So here they are:

By the end of this program I want to
    Squat 255x5 I should be able to hit this if not more which would be a huge PR for me.
    SLDL 300x5
    Seated Calf 200x5
    Standing Calf 185x5
    BB Bench 215x5 225x3
    Military Press 140x5
    BB Row 250x5

I will have some more goals after the rest of this week's training. Body composition goals will pretty much be mirror, and photo based, as I know I'll be holding some water during this time which should drop drastically as soon as I am back on the Cut Diet.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

Great plan of action. I cant wait to see the results!
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks, Christine. I want to make some drastic improvement before the Clash. I know it's not much time, but I will have improved legs, delts, and conditioning. Heck I'm going to have to it looks like Marc's going to be a middleweight and he's a monster.

Wednesday is cardio day on my new routine. I warmed up on the recumbant bike for 5 mins and then did 15 30 sec HIIT sprints. These were blissful torture as usual, but different. I think the Beta-Alanine is really helping here. I was able to sprint a t a higher speed for a longer amount of time during each interval. I followed this with 15 mis on the treadmill at a lower incline than usual due to my legs being TIGHT from the HIIT.

The next part is not from my program, but I've got an obsession with training abs.

Cable
    crunches
    100x30
    100x10

Oblique Crunches
    100 (50 each side)

Seated Twists
    30x200 (100 each side)

Thursday is upper body day with higher reps. Gonna get some Cannon Ball Delts!!!
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Todays workout was great. My lats are already sore. VasoXplode was great while dieting, but now that I'm using it with some full glycogen stores, it is amazing. I'm continuing to pose between sets, because you can never be to good at posing, and also that extra squeeze is just another isometric exercise that many of the golden agers believed help bring out separation. Today's pump made me look like a FREAK. The new goal for the Clash is to look as full as I did today with better conditioning and dryer than the Show-Me's.

Incline DB Press Close Parallel Grip Lat Pulldowns
    45x12 warmup / 130x10 warmup
    60x10 / 150x10
    70x10 / 160x10
    70x10 / 170x10

Flat DB Bench Medium Parallel Grip Seated Row
    40x10 warm up / 150x10 warmup
    70x10 / 190x10
    70x9.5 / 190x10
    70x9 / 190x10
    I reall liked the medium grip as it hit all of my back equally. Inner/outer/upper/lower. Felt great.

Seated DB Shoulder Press Seated DB Shrugs
    45x10 / 90x10
    50x10 / 90x10
    50x10 / 90x10
    I chose to do the seated shrugs, because I get a better stretch and it is impossible to cheat.

DB Side Laterals
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10
    I took the rest times down on these and went for the pump and burn.

1 Arm Cable Laterals
    40x10 cable behind back
    40x10 cable in front
    40x10 cable behind back
    Again, rests were short. These are rapidly becoming one of my favorite movements. They KILL my medial delts and give me a SICK PUMP. It may take a while, but I'd like to have the mythical 2 to 1 shoulder to waist ratio. I know that my collar bones are pretty narrow, so its all about building these delts.

My ending strength goals for this workout:
    Incline DB Press 85x10
    Flat DB Press 80x10
    Lat Pulldowns 190x10
    Seated Row 205x10
    Seated DB Press 60x10
    Seated Shrugs 100x10

Laterals and 1 arm cable laterals are form exercises. I hope to advance the weight, but perfecting the form is key

After lifting I took 3 Dialene4 waited 10 minutes and di 30 mins of treadmill 21% incline speed 35.-4.2 Sweat like a monsoon.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

here's yesterday's workout:

Feet Together Hack Squat Standing Calf Raise
    2 plates+25x10 / 135x10
    2 plates+35x10 / 135x10
    3 platesx10 / 135x10
    It has been awhile since I've done hack squats and I misjudged the weight today. I will go heavier next time. I chose to do them with my feet together to focus on my outer sweep.

Leg Press Leg Press Calf Raise
    550x10 / 450x10
    550x10 / 495x10
    550x10 / 495x10
    While leg pressing I began to notice my left leg pushing more of the load than the right. If this continues next week, I will change to a single leg press.

Leg Extentions Leg Curl
    180x10 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12

Skull Crushers Db Curls
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10

Leg Raises Incline Crunches
    20x10 / 25 12
    20x12 / 35x12
    20x12 / 35x12

Then it was some D4 and 20 mins on the treadmill 21% incline speed 3.5-4.2

One thing that I've noticed over the past few week, is that the delivery guys for the companies that supply the Diner have HUGE calves. I'm pretty sure it's from the many times a day they push product up and down the ramps of their trucks. I need to find a way to duplicate that on the treadmill, or by some other means, because everyone of these guys has HUGE calves.
  14. Registered User
    Answers

2 plates+25x10 / 135x10
    2 plates+35x10 / 135x10
    3 platesx10 / 135x10
    It has been awhile since I've done hack squats and I misjudged the weight today. I will go heavier next time. I chose to do them with my feet together to focus on my outer sweep.

550x10 / 450x10
    550x10 / 495x10
    550x10 / 495x10
    While leg pressing I began to notice my left leg pushing more of the load than the right. If this continues next week, I will change to a single leg press.

Leg Extentions Leg Curl
    180x10 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12

Skull Crushers Db Curls
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10

20x10 / 25 12
    20x12 / 35x12
    20x12 / 35x12

One thing that I've noticed over the past few week, is that the delivery guys for the companies that supply the Diner have HUGE calves. I'm pretty sure it's from the many times a day they push product up and down the ramps of their trucks. I need to find a way to duplicate that on the treadmill, or by some other means, because everyone of these guys has HUGE calves.
    or it could be his genetics haha. try just all out blasting your calves one day and then give them time to revover. something ive done in the past is like. 10 sets of 20 standing calf raises and then leg press claf raises for like 8 reps with a very heavy load
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
    or it could be his genetics haha. try just all out blasting your calves one day and then give them time to revover. something ive done in the past is like. 10 sets of 20 standing calf raises and then leg press claf raises for like 8 reps with a very heavy load
    Could you try these sled drags there are some good pictures at the bottom of this article. Its something you could do at home.http://www.bayareapowerclub.com/Arti...into_shape.htm
  16. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

2 plates+25x10 / 135x10
    2 plates+35x10 / 135x10
    3 platesx10 / 135x10

550x10 / 450x10
    550x10 / 495x10
    550x10 / 495x10

Leg Extentions Leg Curl
    180x10 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12

Skull Crushers Db Curls
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10

20x10 / 25 12
    20x12 / 35x12
    20x12 / 35x12

I have been thinking of what to add to this thread that would be of value, and I got it. Check it out:

YEAH BUDDY!

....there, I made a contribution...
  17. Registered User
    Answers

I have been thinking of what to add to this thread that would be of value, and I got it. Check it out:

YEAH BUDDY!

....there, I made a contribution...
    You've already contributed more to this thread than you will ever know.

18. Registered User
    Answers

Alright, here's this week's stats update.

Weight 180.5
    BF% 6.1

I havr no idea what last week's BF% was, because it was my off week.

Here's this week's pics

19. Registered User
    Answers

More pics

20. Registered User
    Answers

Some more

21. Registered User
    Answers

Here's Monday's workout. I was a bit leery going into today as my abdominal/groin thing was hurting while I was working this weekend. I'm still waiting on my insurance card so that I can go to a sports med Dr. to get it checked out. The good thing is it didn't hurt at all while training today.

BB Bench BO Row
    135x10 warm up / 135x9 warm up
    200x5 / 235x5
    205x5 / 235x5
    210x5 / 235x5
    Bench is improving well. Next week I'll start at 210 and move up to 220.

135x4 / 275x5
    135x4 / 275x5
    135x4 / 275x5
    Military Presses are an excellent full upper body movement. I even felt these in my spinal erectors.

DB Laterals
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10
    I was short on time today, so I took very little rest between sets. Next week I'll go heavier, but if I'm not happy with the form I'll drop back down.

1 Arm Cable Laterals (Had to use a different cable machine)
    30x10
    30x8
    30x8
    These were great. I kept the cable in front and on Thursday I'll do them with the cable behind.

No time for cardio today. I'll make it up by walking my dog on Sunday as long as it isn't in the 90's with 85% humidity. She doesn't walk too far then. All in all I was really happy with today. My BO Rows might not progress as I thought. I don't want the form to get sloppy, that's why I didn't increase the weight today.
  22. Registered User
    Answers

Today's workout was FREAKIN AWESOME. I was wondering how it would go considering I had to get a food service Hep A vaccination right before it, as well as my lingering abdominal/groin problem. Happily neither were a factor today. Today was also my first day back on Fenotest and Anagen after two weeks off. I'm going to be using six of each a day for about 8 weeks, then I'll take a break again.

135x5 warm up
    185x5 warm up
    225x5 / 180x5
    235x5 / 180x5
    245x5 PR / 190x5
    Squats went great today. I noticed on my first set that I could feel a slight warmth in my left lower abdominals. I decided that the belt I was using must have been placing the extra pressure down there, so i ditched the belt. The with the next two sets came to realize that the belt was more of a mental safety net for me. Going up 15 pounds on my squats this week has me feeling very good. I need more squat strength so I can add some serious mass.

SLDL Standing Calf Raise
    275x5 / 135x5
    275x5 / 135x5
    285x5 / 145x5

CG Bench BB Curl
    190x5 PR / 115x5 PR
    190x4 / 115x5
    190x3 pause x1 / 115x5

I decided to not do the ab work today to see if it make a difference in how i feel while working tomorrow night. Propably the only part of my body I can get away with working less is my abs anyway.

Then I did 30 mins on the treadmill. with a speed of 4. I started at -3% incline and went up to 30. I stayed at 30 for 5 minutes, the dropped back down to -3. Once it hit -3, then it was immediately up to 30 for 5 minutes. I kept this up for the 30 minutes and my calves were on fire.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Here's Monday's workout. I was a bit leery going into today as my abdominal/groin thing was hurting while I was working this weekend. I'm still waiting on my insurance card so that I can go to a sports med Dr. to get it checked out. The good thing is it didn't hurt at all while training today.

BB Bench BO Row
    135x10 warm up / 135x9 warm up
    200x5 / 235x5
    205x5 / 235x5
    210x5 / 235x5
    Bench is improving well. Next week I'll start at 210 and move up to 220.

135x4 / 275x5
    135x4 / 275x5
    135x4 / 275x5
    Military Presses are an excellent full upper body movement. I even felt these in my spinal erectors.

DB Laterals
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10
    I was short on time today, so I took very little rest between sets. Next week I'll go heavier, but if I'm not happy with the form I'll drop back down.

1 Arm Cable Laterals (Had to use a different cable machine)
    30x10
    30x8
    30x8
    These were great. I kept the cable in front and on Thursday I'll do them with the cable behind.

No time for cardio today. I'll make it up by walking my dog on Sunday as long as it isn't in the 90's with 85% humidity. She doesn't walk too far then. All in all I was really happy with today. My BO Rows might not progress as I thought. I don't want the form to get sloppy, that's why I didn't increase the weight today.
    I'm watching you....yeah buddy!
  24. Registered User
    Answers

I'm watching you....yeah buddy!
    That sound like Arnold talking to Lou before going onstage in Pumping Iron.

I'm keeping an eye on you as well. Looks like we'll both be middleweights. SUPER SCIVATION SHREDDED middleweights. I've just got to pack some mass on these quads.
  25. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

That sound like Arnold talking to Lou before going onstage in Pumping Iron.

I'm keeping an eye on you as well. Looks like we'll both be middleweights. SUPER SCIVATION SHREDDED middleweights. I've just got to pack some mass on these quads.

I need to etch in these glutes!
  26. Registered User
    Answers

I need to etch in these glutes!
    It will happen. Derek's got me doing 2 days of HIIT during this Lean Mass Gains program, and even though I'm up 10 pounds from the contest I have better definition in my glutes and can feel the striations. I do the HIIT on a recumbant bike.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

It will happen. Derek's got me doing 2 days of HIIT during this Lean Mass Gains program, and even though I'm up 10 pounds from the contest I have better definition in my glutes and can feel the striations. I do the HIIT on a recumbant bike.
    Walking lunges are my ticket.

I am already seeing a line across the middle! 15 weeks out!
  28. Registered User
    Answers

It all just kepps getting better and better. The more we can learn and impliment in both diet and training, the better the physiques get. It's great to be surrounded by good people
  29. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

It all just kepps getting better and better. The more we can learn and impliment in both diet and training, the better the physiques get. It's great to be surrounded by good people
    Just wait until you crash at my place before the CLASH--Pillow FIGHT!
  30. Registered User
    Answers

Just wait until you crash at my place before the CLASH--Pillow FIGHT!
    Will that cout as last minut cardio?
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Here's Thursday's workout:
    Incline DB Press Close Parallel Grip Lat Pulldown
    40x11 warmup / 120x10 warmup
    75x10 PR / 160x10
    75x8 / 170x10
    75x7 / 175x10
    I have to admit that I am not much of a fan of using DB's for my chest pressing, which is exactly why I should be doing them. I have some balancing issues and a hard time keeping the weight moving in the same line for all the reps. I ddid get a HUGE pump from this first group of alternating sets.

DB Bench Press Medium Parallel Grip Low Rows
    75x8 PR / 190x10
    75x7 / 190x10
    75x7 / 190x10

Seated DB Shoulder Press Seated DB Shrugs
    50x10 / 90x10
    50x10 / 90x10
    50x10 / 90x10
    The seated shrugs were awesome. I went for an extreme stretch and got a full contraction.

DB Laterals
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10
    Form was perfect on these. I honestly felt them a bit more in my traps than delts, but there was no swinging, and my elbows were only slightly bent.

1 Arm Cable Laterals (cable behind back)
    30x10
    30x10
    30x9.5
    Great burn and pump. I am now in extra hardcore love with VasoCharge(Xplode) along with this Lean Mass Diet. The pump was skin bursting and my vascularity was sick. A pump like that is really motivational. It lets me see where my physique will be once I add some more lean mass and causes me to push even harder.

No cardio today, had to make my massage appointment. As good a reason as any right? It will be made up on Sunday when I take my dog for our usual hour walk.
  32. Registered User
    Answers

So I weighed in this morning at 185.5. That is a huge increase from Sunday. I will do my official weekly weigh in then. I coud have just been holding a lot of water this morning.

Here's today's workout. Hit it nice and hard. When I was done I was shocked at how little time it took.

Hack Squat Standing Calf Raise
    sled(guess is 100lbs)x 10 / 45x10 warm up
    2 plates x10 / 45x10 warmup
    4 plates x7 / 135x10
    4 plates x10 / 135x10
    4 plates x10 / 135x10
    I didn't warm up quite enough hence the lower reps on the first working set.
    These definately felt good. I used a feet together stance. I felt it a lot in my hamstrings as well.

Leg Press Leg Press Calf Extensions
    550x10 / 450x10
    550x10 / 450x10
    560x10 / 450x12
    Leg presses blasted my quads. I was able to more evenly distribute the work between both legs this week.

Leg Extensions Leg Curls
    190x12 / 115x12
    190x12 / 115x12
    190x12 / 115x10

Skull Crushers DB Curls
    65x10 / 35x10
    65x10 / 35x10
    65x10 / 35x10
    I was not happy with my form on DB curls last week, so this week I dropped down to 35 lbs and had great control and contractions. Speaking of form, when I do Skull Crushers, it's more like Jaw Crushers. I hang my head off the bench and lower the bar to my chin. I get more of a stretch this way.

All in all a great day. I was pretty wiped by the time I got to arms. I finished up with 30 minutes on the treadmill. Nothing too intense, got some of the acid out of my legs and kept the sweat going.
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

Great job Bill..I've been doing skull crushers for a few weeks and I'm getting a great tri workout!! Next on to your tilapia
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Here's this week's update.

Last week's weight 180.5
    This week 183

Last week's BF% 6.1
    This week 6.1%

I think this week's BF reading might be a bit low, but I'll take it. Legs are looking better, and I'm definately getting thicker. But let's let the pics do the talking. I know I need a tan, and the posing isn't the best, but I just woke up.

35. Registered User
    Answers

A couple more

36. Registered User
    Answers

Derek's upper/lower split is already producing great results for me. I don't know if it's the extra rest, or the power days / higher rep day, but whatever it is it works. My delts are looking 100x's better than they did three week ago at my contest and this week my legs started to show more thickness. I already know that my body responds well to the Team Scivation Lean Mass Diet. Many people will be really happy once that book comes out.

I was running late today, so I had to decrease my rest times a bit, but I had a killer session.

BB Bench Press BB Bent Over Rows
    135x10 warmup / 135x10
    185x5 warmup
    210x5 / 235x5
    215x5 PR / 235x5
    220x4 PR / 235x5
    My bench strength is steadily improving. I workout alone, so I didn't go for the 5th rep on the 220. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten it, but I also have to watch out for this possible hernia. I'd rather not get 5 reps than have to go to the hospital. Next week I'll start at 215 and see how it goes from there.

135x4.5 / 275x5
    135x4 / 275x5
    135x3 / 275x5

DB Lateral Raises (very short rest)
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10
    My from on these was nearly perfect and made for a great feel in both my traps and delts.

1 Arm Cable Laterals
    40x10
    40x10
    40x10
    Excellent pump and burn. This is an awesome exercise. I don't feel it at all in my traps. It's all delts.

Tomorrow is legs. I'm going for my squat goal. It's only 10 more pounds than I did last week.
  37. Registered User
    Answers

I started thinking about today's workout right after yesterday's ended. Today was the day I was going to hit my squat goal for this Lean Mass Program. I woke up ready to go, ate my breakfast of 2 scoops chocolate Substance mixed with 1 cup oatmeal, 2 Tbls PB, and 2 Tbls raisins. Yummy!!!

While training my one and only client and drinking my Xtend/VasoCharge I was a bit distracted thinking about my own workout. Maybe that's why I had her doing extra sets of ball squats today?

I know that the fact that I have been squatting twice a week for the past two weeks is one of the MAJOR reasons that I am making such quick progress. Head over to Lando's thread and read his fellow WNBF Pro Cytrainers sig line, because it says it all.

Today was the day to push some friggin weight and I went heavy (for me at least).

135x10 warmup
    185x5 warm up
    240x5 / 180x5
    250x5 / 180x5
    255x5 PR / 180x5
    Well as you can see I got the 255x5 today. I have to admit that I took a healthy pause at the top of each rep to be sure I kept my form on the way down to the floor. The last couple of reps didn't have the best form on the way up. I used a bit too much back and my inner quads are definatley weak as my leg tried to come together. I also noticed during all of my working sets today that my left leg is dominant. I have to concentrate very hard to even distribute the load. Next week, I'll stay at the same pounds and do the with perfect form.

SLDL Standing calf
    295x5PR / 180x5
    295x5 / 180x5
    295x5 / 180x5
    Again my left leg was dominant on SLDL's, but it was great to kick this one up to some more pounds. I had to really focus to keep my back flat.

CG Bench BB Curls
    135x10 warm up / 65x10 warmup
    190x5 / 105x5
    190x5 / 105x5
    190x5 / 105x5
    I lightened up the BB Curls today, because I thought my form was way to sloppy last week.

I took some Dialene4 and then did a round of mandatory poses. I think it's really important to pose while fatigued. Ed corney suggests posing after training on his website. It take the extra effort not to shake and gives an extra pump and isometric work for the muscles just used.

Then I did 20 mins on the treadmill at various speeds and inclines. I did 2 different sessions at 30% incline for 2 mins each to torch my calves and hams.
  38. "He's not human!"
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Awesome gains Bill and you're staying LEAN!
  39. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Awesome gains Bill and you're staying LEAN!
    That's the plan you laid out, and it is WORKING!!!

So far this week has been awesome. I feel great and my strength is steadily climbing. I think it's a combination of my body loving the extra calories that I have now on the Lean Mass Gains Program, and a months worht of supplimenting with Beta-Alanine. I'm also more motivated than ever. Seeing all the insane work that Marc, Va, Lando, Semper, and Rubicon have been putting in has lit a fire under my ass. These guys train like mad men and I want to belong in their assylum.

Here's today's workout:

DB Incline Close Parallel Grip Lat Pulldown
    40x12 warmup / 120x12 warmup
    80x10 PR / 170x10
    80x8 / 175x10
    80x8 / 180x10
    Both of these exrecises felt great. Next week I'm going for my goal on the Incline DB's of 85x10. I had good control today and kept a consitant line of motion. So next week I go for it.

Hammer Strength Bench Press / Medium Parallel Grip Low Cable Row
    80x10 / 195x10
    80x10 / 195x10
    90x8 / 195x10
    I used the HammerStrenght today, because I have been having lots of problems getting the DB's in place to do the flat bench. I have also had great difficulty at the end of the set trying to put them down without just dropping them to the side and risking my shoulders, and damaging the DB's.
    HammerStrength felt strange at first, but I widened my grip anf found the rght motion. At his point, my upper body was SWOLLEN; very motivational.

Seated DB Shoulder Press / Seated DB Shrugs
    55x9 / 90x10
    55x9 / 90x10
    55x9 / 90x10

DB Lateral Raises
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10
    I used extremely short rest periods for these. I am hesitant to add weight, so I'll just crank up the intensity. It worked well today. My form was strict, and my delts were on fire.

1 Arm Cable Laterals (cable behind back)
    40x10
    40x10
    40x10
    Again, short rests and a huge BURN. They felt great and my delts were CAPPED.

Then I took my Dialene4 and 2000mg of Alcalean. I usually do 2000mg of Alcalean before and after my workout, but I noticed that Marc has been using it before weights and then before cardio, so I'm going to give it a shot. Soon I will be adding Yohimbe to the mix and give Marc's belly fat burner a run. I'm glad he shares all of his tricks, because I'm going to need them if we are in the same weightclass at the Clash. Luckily I'm prtettier though.

Before cardion I did a round of mandatory poses. Lat spreads were difficult to do with my delts so inflated. I'm staying lean while adding size, so I'm very happy. But now that my delts are making my upper body appear wider I really have to work my legs hard so that they don't look to small in comparison.

For Cardio I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I used Semper's technique of going at a slower speed and concentrating on getting an intense glute/ham contraction with each elongated stride. Let me tell you it burns. I also used this protocol for my calves by using the highest incline and focusing on a full stretch and squeeze. It burns for the calves as well.

Tomorrow I will crush some legs. Gotta make them GROW!!!
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Yesterday was legs. Anytime my mind would start to say no, or it's okay to just get a few reps, I gave myself a mental slap and hit it that muc harder. Basically I was a bit tired today, but that's no excuse. What it is, is a challenge to dig deep into the core of one's being and keep pushing some damn weight. If not, then why do it any way. I managed to get in a great leg day that I am already sore from.

Feet Together Hack Squats / Standing Calf Raises
    sledx10 warmup
    1 platex10 warm up
    2 platesx10 warm up
    3 platesx10 warm up
    4 platesx10 / 135x10
    4 platesx10 / 135x10
    4 platesx10 / 135x10
    On my last set of hacks my right knee started to hurt, so I stopped put my feet forward, and it still hurt. my friend Nathan was training arms across from me and suggested I point my toes out and BAM 10 reps pain free and better than any other set. Amazing what a small adjustment can do.

655x10 / 530x10
    655x10 / 530x10
    655x10 / 530x10

Today was a huge jump in pounds, but here is the funny reason why. I didn't pay attention to how much weight was on the machine when I told the guy before me to leave it and I'd rack it after I was done. I had been doing 4 100 pound plates with 2 45's and the machine weight of 50 pounds. He had 6 45's on there as well as the rest. I only pulled off 2 and added 25 pounds. I get into position and released the safety handles. I when I started pushing the first rep it felt heavy, but I only though I hed my usual pounds on there. That's when I thought I was just tired, so I was like don't be a ***** and push the damn weight and I did. Right before the second set I looked at the plates and knew why it felt heavy. There was almost 100 pounds more than what I did last week. I said screw it if I did it for the first set then that was going to be what I used for the rest of the day. I dug in and kept cranking out the reps. I now know how much I was underestimating my strength and short changing myself for the last 2 weeks.

Leg Extensions Leg Curls
    180x12 / 110x12
    180x12 / 110x12
    180x12 / 110x9
    My leg curl strength needs improvement

Skull Crushers DB Curls
    55x10 / 35x10
    55x10 / 35x10
    55x10 / 35x10

Then I took 3 Dialene 4 and 4 Alcalean did a round of mandatory poses, followed by 20 mins on the treadmill using Semper's long stride glute contraction technique
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need suggestions for a new name of the forum
    By Chemo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
  2. A New Breed of Beast
    By BillFinkbiner in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 10:03 PM
  3. Ahnold's The New Encyclopedia Of Modern Bodybuilding
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science