A New Breed of Beast

Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by bludevil View Post
    congrats on taking 1st place in overall Novice class. Great Job

By the way, I get a page not found in photobucket when clicking on the links you posted.
    Thanks, BD, I'm going to try and edit that, maybe cutting and pasting will work.

Now onto today, and it was right back at it. I had jury duty this morning, luckily I was not chosen, I don't think they would have liked me breaking out my tupperwares every couple of hours.

Since I was trapped downtown for lunch I caved in and had some more sushi. Not a lot of sushi though, and made sure that the rolls contained avacado to help buffer the rice.

I just threw together a chest workout for today. Something to kind of deload, and let me do some movements I haven't done for 6 months.

Incline BB Press
    135x12 warm up
    155x12
    175x5
    165x5 Needless to say I was pretty weak, but form was perfect. I felt every inch of each rep.

Flat BB Press I did a quick strength test and the returned to reps
    135x12 warm up
    185x5 warm up
    205x3
    225x1 Good thing as Bob Chick says, there's no bench press round onstage
    155x10
    165x8

Low Cable Cross
    50x12
    50x12
    50x10 At this point my pecs were at least twice the size they were on saturday. VasoXplode rocks!!!

High Cable Cross
    70x10
    70x10
    70x12 This was my ego lift. My chest was FULL and straiated. I allowed me to see the potential tha t I can fufill.

Giordna Dips

Cruches

Leg Raises

Great workout. Felt good, rest periods were longer than usual for compounds, but still short for the cable work. I'm so ready to do this 4 week LEAN MASS program, and then SHRED. I know how I can improve on the wy I followed the plan Derek, and the Cut Diet laid out for me.

Took my Dialene4, waited about 10 minutes, and then did 20 mins at 24% incline, speed 4, burned about 400 calories.

Now on another note, I found out tonight, as many of his fans did that Chis Benoit passed away today. I am shocked and saddened. He was an amazing performer and athlete. His physique was always in impecible form. One of the things that lead me to bodybuilding was the physiques of my favorite pro wrestlers.

May God Bless you Chris Benoit, and may you rest in peace.

2. Here's a pic Ben took while I was onstage
    •   

3. Today was a great day. I love working back and since I was just throwing together a workout I decided to do some moves I haven't done since before my prep.

Deadlifts
    135x10 warm up
    225x12
    245x12 These felt phenomenal. It was great to scrape my shins with the bar again. I decided to play it safe since it's been 4 months since I've deadlifted so I didn't go heavy. I warmed into them very well, and just like yesterday my form was impecable.

Wide Grip Low Row overhand grip
    165x12
    165x12
    165x12 I could really feel these in my lower lats. My gym has one of those great old school bars that allows you to bring your hands all the way to your sides for that extra contraction.

Close Parallel Grip Pullups
    8 I wasn't very strong on these, but they felt great on my outer lats.

Wide Grip Pullups
    6 Again, not too strong, but perfect form. Extreme squeeze in the middle back. I've never felt the movement like I did today.

DB Pullovers
    60x10
    70x10
    70x10

BB Shrugs
    315x7
    315x8
    315x8 Again not too strong, and after doing them I know I prefer using DB's. I like seated DB shrugs best, because of the stretch.

Hyperextensions
    40 I did these with my hands on my glute/ham tie ins to really focus there. Great feel to the movement and now I know where the striations will be after the next Cut.

Then it was D4 waited about 10 minutes for it to digest a bit followed by 20 mins treadmill 24% incline speed 4 burned somewhere around 400 Calories and SWEAT.

I'm going tobe backing off on the Dialene. I'll go down to one dose a day while on the mass program. I am also taking some time off from Anagen and Fenotest. This way when I go back to them again the results will be killer. I will also be dropping the CLA until I begin my Clash prep. I'm still doing the Sesamin. I want to get bigger, not fatter.

The main thing that I've noticed in the last two days is my mind muscle connection is at an all time high. I feel every bit of every movement. I'm guessing it's a by product of all the posing leading into the competition, as well as the extended amout of posing I did on Saturday. However it came about I love it. It has really improved my form.

4. Well hows your training after the show going?? You cant leave us all in suspense. What are you doing differently now that its over?
    •   

5. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Well hows your training after the show going?? You cant leave us all in suspense. What are you doing differently now that its over?
    This week is my back off/reload week. I've posted Monday and Tuesday's workouts. I'm basically just doing some movements that I haven't done for a long time, taking a bit more time between sets. I'm still getting in some good workouts, but just backing off on the intensity.

Derek, will have my new program for me before Monday. We decided that the major emphasis will be on building up my legs. Then the secondary will be adding some size to my delts. Then about 12 weeks out from the Clash I will be back on the Cut Diet. I've heard of people making great gains post contest, so I'd like to add 5 pounds of lean mass without my BF% going above 6.5.

This week I am just not measuring my foods, but still eating a Cut Diet style menu. I just am giving myself more variety ie., shrimp, salmon, and whole eggs. Tonight I'm going to do a carb refeed, but this weekend it will be a cheat meal.

6. A cheat meal...no ...the guilt, lol so what are you having? something good? I to am working on building my legs. Squats deadlifts and all that fun stuff. I also want to build back and bi's. I cant wait to see your progress on legs. I've always found legs to be hot on a man.

7. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    A cheat meal...no ...the guilt, lol so what are you having? something good? I to am working on building my legs. Squats deadlifts and all that fun stuff. I also want to build back and bi's. I cant wait to see your progress on legs. I've always found legs to be hot on a man.
    I'll probably finally have some pizza, but more than likely it will be sushi.

Speaking of legs this is what I threw together today. I have to admit that I took it pretty easy today, but I still put in some work.

Front Squats
    95x10 warm up
    115x10 warmup
    135x10
    145x8
    145x8
    145x6 Bar was slipping
    145x7 These felt good. I haven't done any for 4 months, so I did not push things. I definatley felt them though.

SLDL
    245x8
    245x8
    245x8
    245x8
    245x8

Leg Press
    550x8
    550x8
    550x9
    550x10
    550x8

Walking Lunges
    70x20 steps
    70x20 steps These hit the glute ham tie ins pretty good. Was going to do more, but as I've said this is my week off and I BS'd with some people too much, and ran out of time. Had to make my massage appointmnet.

I've been looking at pics from the contest, and I know that what separated me from 4th and 3rd place was my legs.

8. Today was arms and I really didn't know what I wanted to do until I got down to it. And this is what I came up with.

Supported Forward Lean DB Curls
    20x10 warm up
    25x10 warm up
    30x11
    35x10
    35x10

1 Arm Hammer Strength Preacher Curls
    25x12
    30x10
    30x11

Reverse EZ Bar Curls
    45x10 warm up
    55x12
    65x10
    65x10

CG Bench Press
    135x10
    135x10
    135x9

Reverse Grip Tri Cable Ext.
    120x12
    130x12
    140x12

1 Arm OH Tri Ext.
    25x10
    25x8
    25x8

DB Wrist Curls
    40x10
    40x10
    40x8

DB Reverse Wrist Curls
    20x10
    20x10
    20x10

V-ups

Crunches

Then it was 20 mins on the treadmill started at 24% incline and decreased it every 5 mins. Speed 4 burned about 380 calories.

This has certainly been a good deload/reload week. There has been one thing though. Earlier this week I had some weird pressure in my lower abdominal/groin area. I've been monitoring it all week. Hopefully its just an upper groin strain. I'm going to bet it checked out as soon as I can get an appointment. There's no pain, but I know something is weird in that area. Obviously it hasn't stopped me from training. And as the week has gone by it has felt better. I'm just going to keep training smart.

9. Good news!!! I didn't hold back at all today and had minimal discomfort in my upper groin lower abdominal area. This doesn't mesn that I'm going to go crazy and try and max out on sqauts or deads, but I'm going to monitor it and push a bit harder come Monday's workout. I should have my new routine form Derek by then, and I'm ready to ROCK. I managed to stay pretty lean this week without being super concious of my portions. I eat pretty clean year round, so it shouldn't be a problem to get even more shredded of the clash.

Push Press
    85x10 warm up
    115x8 warm up
    135x9
    135x8
    135x8

Seated DB Front Raise
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10

Wide DB Upright Row
    40x01
    45x10
    50x10

Lying Cross Body Laterals
    15x10
    20x10
    20x10

Hammer Strength Behind Neck Press
    65x10
    70x7
    70x7

EZ Bar Upright Row
    115x10
    115x9
    115x9

Leg Press Calf Extensions
    250x36
    250x30
    250x21

I hit some poses at the ned of everything and things are still ooking good. I think my legs are almost more separated than last week. I've slowly added carbs back into my first 2 meals of the day, then its back to Cut Diet stlye menu for the rest of the day. Basically I've adde a 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of rasins, and about 2.5 tablespoons of Natty PB. Who need candy when you can eat this. Then I eat a small grapefruit with my second meal.

10. Injuries are just something to work around to make life more interesting for true warriors like yourself.

11. Hey bill, just as a funny question, how many hours a week total between strength + cardio do you think you are in the gym?

12. Quote Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    Injuries are just something to work around to make life more interesting for true warriors like yourself.
    It has livened things up, that's for sure. I think it's minor which is great and will be in the squat rack on Monday morning. Both you and Shawn have such huge quads, It's time for me to stop rollin on 22's and move up to 24's.

13. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Hey bill, just as a funny question, how many hours a week total between strength + cardio do you think you are in the gym?
    I'd guess 8 to 12 hours. It just depends what my goals are at the time and how well I'm meeting them.

14. Quote Originally Posted by BillFinkbiner View Post
    It has livened things up, that's for sure. I think it's minor which is great and will be in the squat rack on Monday morning. Both you and Shawn have such huge quads, It's time for me to stop rollin on 22's and move up to 24's.
    SPINNERS!

15. Now onto today. It was awesome. I'm on my new Lean Mass program. The Team Scivation Lean Mass diet is great. I get tons of variety now. All I have to do is hit my macros for each meal. And they are all laid out for me to plug in whatever clean protien, carb, vegtable, fruit, or fat I want.

I also have my new training program from Derek. it's afour day upper lower split. Two on, one off, two on, two off; with HIIT and LI cardio on two off days. The main goal of this routine is to add some size to my legs and delts. As well as ramp my metabolism back up to make dieting for the clash more effective.

Since I'm starting a new program, I'm going to list my current supps for this 4-5 week period.
    Xtend
    VasoXplode
    Substance WPI (I've been hording it like the Today sponge on Seinfeld)
    Primaforce Beta-Alanine
    Alcalean
    Creaform
    Glutaform
    Nitrocharge
    Primaforce ZMA
    Sesamin
    Primaforce CLA
    Fish Oil
    Pro 32X Multi
    Vitamin C
    L-Lysine
    Zinc

Yes that's a lot of supps, but some are just used as a pre bed cocktail: ZMA, Glutaform, Nitrocharge, and Xtend to cover the flavor of the rest. These are pretty much the ingredients to most GH boosters on the market, but I can still use them for other purposes.

Here's today's workout. It's split up into alternating movements similar to supersets, but with a full rest period (60-90 seconds) between sets.

Before I do any chest work I alway do some rotator exercises. I've hurt both of my shoulders in the short amount of time I've been training

BB Bench BB Bent Over Row
    135x10 warm up 135x10 warm up
    185x5 225x5
    190x5 235x5
    200x5 235x5

BB Military Press BB Shrugs
    115x5 315x5
    125x5 315x2 Had a bad pinch in my left mid back
    130x5 275x5

The next two exercises are stand alones with less rest

DB Side Laterals
    30x10
    35x8
    35x7.5

1 Arm Cable Laterals
    40x10 cable in front
    40x7.5 cable behind back
    40x8 cable in front

I loved this workout. My delts were swollen and really took on a great shape. I had a huge pump from the first group of bench and BO rows. That and using vasoXplode for the first time with a large amoutn of carbs in my diet. I alternated the cable placement on the 1 arm laterals just to see how each felt. I think that next week I will do the same, but with the cable behind/front/behind.

I was running a bit late so I only got in 20 minutes of incline treadmill. Stil worked up a great sweat though.

Tomorrow is LEGS. I can't wait. Time for some THICKNESS!!!

16. Quote Originally Posted by BillFinkbiner View Post
    Now onto today. It was awesome. I'm on my new Lean Mass program. The Team Scivation Lean Mass diet is great. I get tons of variety now. All I have to do is hit my macros for each meal. And they are all laid out for me to plug in whatever clean protien, carb, vegtable, fruit, or fat I want.

I also have my new training program from Derek. it's afour day upper lower split. Two on, one off, two on, two off; with HIIT and LI cardio on two off days. The main goal of this routine is to add some size to my legs and delts. As well as ramp my metabolism back up to make dieting for the clash more effective.

Since I'm starting a new program, I'm going to list my current supps for this 4-5 week period.
    Xtend
    VasoXplode
    Substance WPI (I've been hording it like the Today sponge on Seinfeld)
    Primaforce Beta-Alanine
    Alcalean
    Creaform
    Glutaform
    Nitrocharge
    Primaforce ZMA
    Sesamin
    Primaforce CLA
    Fish Oil
    Pro 32X Multi
    Vitamin C
    L-Lysine
    Zinc

Yes that's a lot of supps, but some are just used as a pre bed cocktail: ZMA, Glutaform, Nitrocharge, and Xtend to cover the flavor of the rest. These are pretty much the ingredients to most GH boosters on the market, but I can still use them for other purposes.

Here's today's workout. It's split up into alternating movements similar to supersets, but with a full rest period (60-90 seconds) between sets.

Before I do any chest work I alway do some rotator exercises. I've hurt both of my shoulders in the short amount of time I've been training

BB Bench BB Bent Over Row
    135x10 warm up 135x10 warm up
    185x5 225x5
    190x5 235x5
    200x5 235x5

BB Military Press BB Shrugs
    115x5 315x5
    125x5 315x2 Had a bad pinch in my left mid back
    130x5 275x5

The next two exercises are stand alones with less rest

DB Side Laterals
    30x10
    35x8
    35x7.5

1 Arm Cable Laterals
    40x10 cable in front
    40x7.5 cable behind back
    40x8 cable in front

I loved this workout. My delts were swollen and really took on a great shape. I had a huge pump from the first group of bench and BO rows. That and using vasoXplode for the first time with a large amoutn of carbs in my diet. I alternated the cable placement on the 1 arm laterals just to see how each felt. I think that next week I will do the same, but with the cable behind/front/behind.

I was running a bit late so I only got in 20 minutes of incline treadmill. Stil worked up a great sweat though.

Tomorrow is LEGS. I can't wait. Time for some THICKNESS!!!
    This is how we roll--awesome supplement stack!

17. Quote Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    This is how we roll--awesome supplement stack!
    Oh yeah, and I forgot to list Primaforce Cissus.

18. Somehow I forgot to list Primaforce Cissus in my suppliment arsenal. I would probably be hobbled without it.

Speaking of Cissus, I'm becoming more are more convinced that I hae an upper groin/tendon strain. I'm going to seek out a sports med doctor if it gets to where I feel any pain. Today, I didn't have pain, but did feel some heat in that area while squating. So, I'm going to up my Cissus to three times a day to speed recovery.

Speaking of today, I went in to DESTROY, and that's just what I did. No fear. Like the Rock used to say, "Just Bring It"

These again are alternating exercises, similar to supersets, but with a full rest between exercises.

Squats Seated Calf Raises
    135x6 warm up
    185x6 warm up
    225x5 180x5
    230x5 180x5
    230x5 180x5
    I was pretty surprised with how good the squats felt. I know I can go higher, almost did, but I was leaning forward abit on the last couple of reps in set 2, and decided not to push the groin strain.

SLDL Standing Calf Raise
    275x5 135x5
    275x5 145x5
    275x5 155x5

CG Bench BB Curls
    175x5 90x5
    180x5 95x5
    185x4 100x5

Weighted Leg Raises Weighted Incline Crunches
    15x12 25x12
    20x12 25x12
    20x12 25x12
    I did weighted ab exercises, because my program calls for 8-12 reps for these exercises, and I usually do extremely high reps for my abs. I liked the added weight. I felt it really tighten my abs and should make for some deeper separation.

Then I took my Dialene 4 and did 30 minutes at 24% incline Speed 4 on the treadmill. Burned 593 calories.

I am definately feeling some post contest bloat from the new diet and am holding water like a camel. This should subside pretty soon though.

As I was leaving the gym's parking lot, I started to think about my strength goals for this Lean Mass period. This was strange, because I hardly ever think in terms of strength. Now, I feel that I need some more density and of course some serious inches in my quads, hams, and calves. So here they are:

By the end of this program I want to
    Squat 255x5 I should be able to hit this if not more which would be a huge PR for me.
    SLDL 300x5
    Seated Calf 200x5
    Standing Calf 185x5
    BB Bench 215x5 225x3
    Military Press 140x5
    BB Row 250x5

I will have some more goals after the rest of this week's training. Body composition goals will pretty much be mirror, and photo based, as I know I'll be holding some water during this time which should drop drastically as soon as I am back on the Cut Diet.

19. Great plan of action. I cant wait to see the results!

20. Thanks, Christine. I want to make some drastic improvement before the Clash. I know it's not much time, but I will have improved legs, delts, and conditioning. Heck I'm going to have to it looks like Marc's going to be a middleweight and he's a monster.

Wednesday is cardio day on my new routine. I warmed up on the recumbant bike for 5 mins and then did 15 30 sec HIIT sprints. These were blissful torture as usual, but different. I think the Beta-Alanine is really helping here. I was able to sprint a t a higher speed for a longer amount of time during each interval. I followed this with 15 mis on the treadmill at a lower incline than usual due to my legs being TIGHT from the HIIT.

The next part is not from my program, but I've got an obsession with training abs.

Cable
    crunches
    100x30
    100x10

Oblique Crunches
    100 (50 each side)

Seated Twists
    30x200 (100 each side)

Thursday is upper body day with higher reps. Gonna get some Cannon Ball Delts!!!

21. Todays workout was great. My lats are already sore. VasoXplode was great while dieting, but now that I'm using it with some full glycogen stores, it is amazing. I'm continuing to pose between sets, because you can never be to good at posing, and also that extra squeeze is just another isometric exercise that many of the golden agers believed help bring out separation. Today's pump made me look like a FREAK. The new goal for the Clash is to look as full as I did today with better conditioning and dryer than the Show-Me's.

Incline DB Press Close Parallel Grip Lat Pulldowns
    45x12 warmup / 130x10 warmup
    60x10 / 150x10
    70x10 / 160x10
    70x10 / 170x10

Flat DB Bench Medium Parallel Grip Seated Row
    40x10 warm up / 150x10 warmup
    70x10 / 190x10
    70x9.5 / 190x10
    70x9 / 190x10
    I reall liked the medium grip as it hit all of my back equally. Inner/outer/upper/lower. Felt great.

Seated DB Shoulder Press Seated DB Shrugs
    45x10 / 90x10
    50x10 / 90x10
    50x10 / 90x10
    I chose to do the seated shrugs, because I get a better stretch and it is impossible to cheat.

DB Side Laterals
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10
    I took the rest times down on these and went for the pump and burn.

1 Arm Cable Laterals
    40x10 cable behind back
    40x10 cable in front
    40x10 cable behind back
    Again, rests were short. These are rapidly becoming one of my favorite movements. They KILL my medial delts and give me a SICK PUMP. It may take a while, but I'd like to have the mythical 2 to 1 shoulder to waist ratio. I know that my collar bones are pretty narrow, so its all about building these delts.

My ending strength goals for this workout:
    Incline DB Press 85x10
    Flat DB Press 80x10
    Lat Pulldowns 190x10
    Seated Row 205x10
    Seated DB Press 60x10
    Seated Shrugs 100x10

Laterals and 1 arm cable laterals are form exercises. I hope to advance the weight, but perfecting the form is key

After lifting I took 3 Dialene4 waited 10 minutes and di 30 mins of treadmill 21% incline speed 35.-4.2 Sweat like a monsoon.

22. here's yesterday's workout:

Feet Together Hack Squat Standing Calf Raise
    2 plates+25x10 / 135x10
    2 plates+35x10 / 135x10
    3 platesx10 / 135x10
    It has been awhile since I've done hack squats and I misjudged the weight today. I will go heavier next time. I chose to do them with my feet together to focus on my outer sweep.

Leg Press Leg Press Calf Raise
    550x10 / 450x10
    550x10 / 495x10
    550x10 / 495x10
    While leg pressing I began to notice my left leg pushing more of the load than the right. If this continues next week, I will change to a single leg press.

Leg Extentions Leg Curl
    180x10 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12

Skull Crushers Db Curls
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10

Leg Raises Incline Crunches
    20x10 / 25 12
    20x12 / 35x12
    20x12 / 35x12

Then it was some D4 and 20 mins on the treadmill 21% incline speed 3.5-4.2

One thing that I've noticed over the past few week, is that the delivery guys for the companies that supply the Diner have HUGE calves. I'm pretty sure it's from the many times a day they push product up and down the ramps of their trucks. I need to find a way to duplicate that on the treadmill, or by some other means, because everyone of these guys has HUGE calves.

23. Quote Originally Posted by BillFinkbiner View Post
    here's yesterday's workout:

2 plates+25x10 / 135x10
    2 plates+35x10 / 135x10
    3 platesx10 / 135x10
    It has been awhile since I've done hack squats and I misjudged the weight today. I will go heavier next time. I chose to do them with my feet together to focus on my outer sweep.

550x10 / 450x10
    550x10 / 495x10
    550x10 / 495x10
    While leg pressing I began to notice my left leg pushing more of the load than the right. If this continues next week, I will change to a single leg press.

Leg Extentions Leg Curl
    180x10 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12

Skull Crushers Db Curls
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10

20x10 / 25 12
    20x12 / 35x12
    20x12 / 35x12

One thing that I've noticed over the past few week, is that the delivery guys for the companies that supply the Diner have HUGE calves. I'm pretty sure it's from the many times a day they push product up and down the ramps of their trucks. I need to find a way to duplicate that on the treadmill, or by some other means, because everyone of these guys has HUGE calves.
    or it could be his genetics haha. try just all out blasting your calves one day and then give them time to revover. something ive done in the past is like. 10 sets of 20 standing calf raises and then leg press claf raises for like 8 reps with a very heavy load

24. Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
    or it could be his genetics haha. try just all out blasting your calves one day and then give them time to revover. something ive done in the past is like. 10 sets of 20 standing calf raises and then leg press claf raises for like 8 reps with a very heavy load
    Could you try these sled drags there are some good pictures at the bottom of this article. Its something you could do at home.http://www.bayareapowerclub.com/Arti...into_shape.htm

25. Quote Originally Posted by BillFinkbiner View Post
    here's yesterday's workout:

2 plates+25x10 / 135x10
    2 plates+35x10 / 135x10
    3 platesx10 / 135x10

550x10 / 450x10
    550x10 / 495x10
    550x10 / 495x10

Leg Extentions Leg Curl
    180x10 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12
    185x12 / 110x12

Skull Crushers Db Curls
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10
    65x10 / 40x10

20x10 / 25 12
    20x12 / 35x12
    20x12 / 35x12

I have been thinking of what to add to this thread that would be of value, and I got it. Check it out:

YEAH BUDDY!

....there, I made a contribution...

26. Quote Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    I have been thinking of what to add to this thread that would be of value, and I got it. Check it out:

YEAH BUDDY!

....there, I made a contribution...
    You've already contributed more to this thread than you will ever know.

27. Alright, here's this week's stats update.

Weight 180.5
    BF% 6.1

I havr no idea what last week's BF% was, because it was my off week.

Here's this week's pics

28. More pics

29. Some more

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need suggestions for a new name of the forum
    By Chemo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 05:04 PM
  2. A New Breed of Beast
    By BillFinkbiner in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 143