LipidFX is Here!

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Scivation LipidFX - Makes Losing Fat Easy
By: Derek Charlebois, Chuck Rudolph and Marc Lobliner—Team Scivation

As anyone who has ever dieted for an extended period time can tell you, the hardest part about dieting is controlling your appetite. There are products on the market today that aim to decrease appetite, such as hoodia, but for most these simply do not work well enough. Losing weight is governed by calories in vs. calories out. If you eat more calories than you burn you are not going to lose weight.
In addition to controlling one’s appetite, bodybuilders and fitness enthusiast must worry about preserving muscle tissue and losing only fat. Nobody wants to work hard to gain muscle only to lose it when dieting to lose weight.
After extensive research, Scivation has created Lipid FX, a supplement that activates PPARalpha causing an increase in fat oxidation, along with decreasing appetite and improving insulin sensitivity. LipidFX is comprised of three fatty acids: Oleoylethanolamide, Stearoylethanolamide, TetradecylThioacetic Acid as well as EGCG. These ingredients have been shown to help:

Maximize Fat Burn*
Support Appetite Control*
Promote Optimal Cardiovascular Health*

LipidFX—The Future in Fat Loss Has Arrived!

Scivation LipidFX™ is a precise, scientifically advanced blend of Lipolytic Lipids™. Lipolytic Lipids™ are fatty acids that can increase metabolic rate, significantly support appetite control and immune health, help support healthy lipid profiles and insulin levels and promote optimal cardiovascular health. LipidFX™ can also help the body burn fat instead of muscle while in a calorie-deficient state. Here is why LipidFX is perhaps the biggest breakthrough in healthy fat loss to date!

Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors (PPAR)

The Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors (PPAR) receptor family is divided into three subgroups: alpha, delta/beta, and gamma. PPARalpha is highly expressed in muscle, the liver, kidneys, and heart and is involved in the regulation of lipid metabolism, specifically the transcription of the genes involved in the beta-oxidation (burning) of fatty acids and lipogenesis (storage of fatty acids).
Fat can be oxidized in the mitochondria and the peroxisomes of cells, the majority of this oxidation occurring in skeletal muscle cells and the liver. PPARalpha activation increases fat oxidation in mitochondria and peroxisomes by increasing the expression of enzymes involved in beta-oxidation of fatty acids [6]. In addition to this, PPARalpha activation increases the number of both peroxisomes and mitochondria. The combination of the increased number of peroxisomes and mitochondria plus the elevation in beta-oxidation of fatty acids increases the rate and capacity at which fat can be burned. The end result is more fat loss. Activation of PPARalpha would be very beneficial for any bodybuilder or fitness enthusiast looking to lose fat or watch their weight.

PhosphoLean™: Oleoylethanolamide (OEA) and EGCG

Oleoylethanolamide (OEA) is an endogenous lipid being investigated as a potential anti-obesity drug. OEA is synthesized in the intestines. Its synthesis is increased with food intake and decreased with fasting. OEA has been shown to have anorexic properties, meaning it decreases food intake. A study done on rats showed that OEA’s ability to decrease appetite did not change plasma levels of various intestinal hormones involved in satiety, such as ghrelin and CCK, showing OEA works independently of these hormones [1].
OEA is also an activator of the Peroxisome Proliferator-Activator Receptor Alpha (PPARalpha) [2]. Activation of PPARalpha by OEA will cause an increase in fat oxidation along with a decrease in fat storage, creating an ideal environment for fat loss. OEA’s ability to decrease appetite and regulate body weight is accomplished by the activation of PPARalpha [5]. Standard OEA has very poor bioavailability so Scivation uses Phospholean, a form of OEA that is protected from destruction in the stomach.

Green tea extract (EGCG) has been a popular supplement for a while, but more and more research is confirming not only its many health benefits, but its ability to promote fat loss. In addition to multiple animal studies showing green tea to lead to fat loss published just this year, a three month double-blind, placebo controlled study on thirty men was published in the January 2005 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Compared to the placebo group, those who ingested catechins (the beneficial compounds in green tea that extracts are standardized for) daily lost more weight and more fat. While the earlier research was more preliminary, this study confirms the ability of green tea to lead to fat loss in humans.

Recent research has also given us a better picture of how green tea leads to fat loss. The more well-known mechanisms are catechol-O-methyl-transferase (COMT) inhibition, decreased dietary fat absorption, and increased levels of some hormones that suppress the appetite. A study published last year suggested yet another mechanism: when given to rats, green tea decreased the activity of glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4) in fat tissue, while increasing GLUT4 activity in muscle tissue. What this means is that fuel was being shunted away from fat and towards muscle. Not only does green tea facilitate weight loss, it can also lead to the preferential loss of fat over muscle. This is a great asset, since maintaining muscle mass is one of the hardest things to do on a diet.

A new study has discovered the phytochemicals in green tea are better used by the body in supplemental form rather than from actual green tea. The main catechin responsible for the thermogenic effect of green tea extract is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). Studies show it can increase metabolism by about 4%. That equates to more than 100 extra calories burned per day for most males. EGCG inhibits the enzyme responsible for the degradation of NE. By preventing NE breakdown, its fat burning effect is stronger and lasts longer.

Stearoylethanolamide (SEA)

Stearoylethanolamide (SEA) has been shown to decrease food intake independent of PPAR and without changing hematochemical parameters such as glucose and triglyceride levels or leptin (a hormone involved with satiety) expression [3]. The appetite decreasing effect of SEA was associated with a reduction in liver stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 (SCD-1) mRNA expression. SCD-1 is the rate-limiting enzyme in the biosynthesis of monounsaturated fats and its reduction is believed to lead to increased fatty acid oxidation and decreased lipogenesis in skeletal muscle and the liver [4].

TetradecylThioacetic Acid (TTA)

TetradecylThioacetic Acid (TTA) is another PPARalpha activator [7]. TTA works in conjunction with OEA in increasing the oxidation of fatty acids and decreasing the storage of fatty acids. TTA has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity by increasing hepatic fat oxidation and ketogenesis while draining fatty acids from the blood and extrahepatic tissues. Increased insulin sensitivity means less insulin needs to be secreted to accomplish a given task. This is beneficial while dieting because insulin is anti-lipolytic.

Summary
• OEA and SEA decrease appetite
o Consuming less calories leads to fat loss
• OEA and TTA activate PPARalpha
o Activation of PPARalpha increase the rate and capacity of fat oxidation
• The combination of a decreased caloric intake and elevated fatty acid oxidation ensures fat loss success

If you’re interested in not only optimizing your health but also decreasing appetite and enhancing fat loss all while preserving precious lean muscle, LipidFX is the perfect supplement for you!

References:

1. Proulx K, Cota D, Castaneda TR, Tschop MH, D'Alessio DA, Tso P, Woods SC, Seeley RJ. Mechanisms of oleoylethanolamide-induced changes in feeding behavior and motor activity. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2005 Sep;289(3):R729-37.
2. Fu J, Oveisi F, Gaetani S, Lin E, Piomelli D. Oleoylethanolamide, an endogenous PPAR-alpha agonist, lowers body weight and hyperlipidemia in obese rats. Neuropharmacology. 2005 Jun;48(8):1147-53.
3. Terrazzino S, Berto F, Dalle Carbonare M, Fabris M, Guiotto A, Bernardini D, Leon A. Stearoylethanolamide exerts anorexic effects in mice via down-regulation of liver stearoyl-coenzyme A desaturase-1 mRNA expression. FASEB J. 2004 Oct;18(13):1580-2. Epub 2004 Aug 2.
4. Dobrzyn A, Ntambi JM The role of stearoyl-CoA desaturase in the control of metabolism.
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2005 Jul;73(1):35-41.
5. Fu, J., et al. Oleylethanolamine regulates feeding and body weight through activation of the nuclear receptor PPAR-α. Nature 425, 90-93 (2003)
6. J Agric Food Chem. 2001 May;49(5):2647-51
7. Madsen L, et al. Tetradecylthioacetic acid prevents high fat diet induced adiposity and insulin resistance. J Lipid Res. 2002 May;43(5):742-50.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
CRAP! i just made my order the other day.

def looks like a nice product.....ill use it sometime down the road ( if bobo approves of it) cause ill be cutting for quite some time.

i love everything else u guys put out.....the watermelon xtend is my all time favorite.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Scivation keeps it rolling :thumbsup:

I think I'm gonna cut up around the New Year. I may have to try this one out.

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
CRAP! i just made my order the other day.

def looks like a nice product.....ill use it sometime down the road ( if bobo approves of it) cause ill be cutting for quite some time.

i love everything else u guys put out.....the watermelon xtend is my all time favorite.
Thanks!

It's hard NOT to drink watermelon Xtend.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Get it on my shelves!! :dance:

I work for Vitamin Shoppe

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a GREAT product for those who need an appetite suppresent.

Now how about something for us who need an appetite STIMULANT>

Come on help a brother out :)

CROWLER

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a GREAT product for those who need an appetite suppresent.

Now how about something for us who need an appetite STIMULANT>

Come on help a brother out :)

CROWLER
Try Fenotest or Fuze. This is all anecdotal from user feedback, I never got this effect.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Can someone from scivation please speak to the inclusion of Stearoylethanolamide alittle more?

I pubmed'd it, and found relatively little...is the inclusion of it to purely attack appetite from the ppar angle and non ppar angle? (OEA for ppar app suppress, SEA for ppar independent app suppress?)

Seems kind of redundant to add? I dunno, the writeup doesnt really speak to the reasons for its inclusion as well as the other compounds (which I'm glad someone came out with).

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
Also, could you chime in on OEA poor oral availabily?

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Can someone from scivation please speak to the inclusion of Stearoylethanolamide alittle more?

I pubmed'd it, and found relatively little...is the inclusion of it to purely attack appetite from the ppar angle and non ppar angle? (OEA for ppar app suppress, SEA for ppar independent app suppress?)

Seems kind of redundant to add? I dunno, the writeup doesnt really speak to the reasons for its inclusion as well as the other compounds (which I'm glad someone came out with).

Stearoylethanolamide (SEA) has been shown to decrease food intake independent of PPAR and without changing hematochemical parameters such as glucose and triglyceride levels or leptin (a hormone involved with satiety) expression [3]. The appetite decreasing effect of SEA was associated with a reduction in liver stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 (SCD-1) mRNA expression. SCD-1 is the rate-limiting enzyme in the biosynthesis of monounsaturated fats and its reduction is believed to lead to increased fatty acid oxidation and decreased lipogenesis in skeletal muscle and the liver [4].

Isn't this enough?

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Also, could you chime in on OEA poor oral availabily?
It is bound to a phosphatidyl group well as the ethanoloamine using PhosphoLean. The protection is from the phosphatidyl group. There is a phospholipase that cleaves of and allows the OEA to be active.

NOPE is OEA bound to phosphatidyl-ethanolamine. OEA is rendered active by phospholipase D.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established

Isn't this enough?
I guess my point was as to why you included two appetite suppressing compounds...do they work in some synergy? I dont understand why two appetite suppressing compounds were included, unless OEA isnt good enough on its own.

I can understand attacking appetite from the ppar and non-ppar angles, which is what I assume it was added for, is this the reason?

Maybe I'm just not wrapping my head around this enough...but it seems like the two compounds work differently to promote the same effect. So why would you not just include OEA? Or SEA?

I understand how it works, just not why it was included along with OEA. I think it was two attack appetite from two angles, but I'm not sure.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
The appetite supressing effects of OEA and SEA is only one of each compounds properties. The main benefit of OEA IMO will be its appetite supressing effect. Along with that it is a PPARalpha agonist like Sesamin and TTA. The main benefit of SEA IMO is its effect of increasing fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle and the liver independent of PPAR.

Basically we are attacking appetite supression and fat oxidation through multiple pathways, which ensures greater results than if only going through one pathway.

I guess my point was as to why you included two appetite suppressing compounds...do they work in some synergy? I dont understand why two appetite suppressing compounds were included, unless OEA isnt good enough on its own.

I can understand attacking appetite from the ppar and non-ppar angles, which is what I assume it was added for, is this the reason?

Maybe I'm just not wrapping my head around this enough...but it seems like the two compounds work differently to promote the same effect. So why would you not just include OEA? Or SEA?

I understand how it works, just not why it was included along with OEA. I think it was two attack appetite from two angles, but I'm not sure.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks derek, exact answer I was looking for.

Looks very promising. I assume the amount of TTA is comparable to MP?

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Thanks derek, exact answer I was looking for.

Looks very promising. I assume the amount of TTA is comparable to MP?
How much TTA is in MP? They wouldn't tell me :nutkick:

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
How much TTA is in MP? They wouldn't tell me :nutkick:
Haha good point. Robboe in one point said that 8caps MP contained "well over" 1.5g TTA...best I could come up with :)

EDIT wow sorry I'm a moron...I figured you guys would keep it a proprietary, but I guess not :)

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
It is bound to a phosphatidyl group well as the ethanoloamine using PhosphoLean. The protection is from the phosphatidyl group. There is a phospholipase that cleaves of and allows the OEA to be active.

NOPE is OEA bound to phosphatidyl-ethanolamine. OEA is rendered active by phospholipase D.
I'm assuming this is very much unlike the "other" product containing OEA, that received quite a hard time for not being bale to explain that addition.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
I'm assuming this is very much unlike the "other" product containing OEA, that received quite a hard time for not being bale to explain that addition.
Correct :)

Our OEA will be protected in the stomach and then can work its magic in the intestines :woohoo:

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
Derek, Professional as always....I may try this out at some point in time, however the TTA cramps really don't sound all that cool to me.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
This looks promising, I may have to try this when I cut.

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Derek, Professional as always....I may try this out at some point in time, however the TTA cramps really don't sound all that cool to me.
I have yet to cramp and I have taken the dose up to 8caps per day which is 2grams of TTA.

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
EDIT wow sorry I'm a moron...I figured you guys would keep it a proprietary, but I guess not :)
TTA is something I felt people would want to know the exact dosage of. Also, it wouldn't be hard to figure out the blend unless we diluted it with flax or something like that and made it more caps per serving. All you'd have to do is research the effective dose of each component and do some division into the number claimed on the proprietary blend and voila--the formula!

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
TTA is something I felt people would want to know the exact dosage of. Also, it wouldn't be hard to figure out the blend unless we diluted it with flax or something like that and made it more caps per serving. All you'd have to do is research the effective dose of each component and do some division into the number claimed on the proprietary blend and voila--the formula!
Your right, people would want the dosage of TTA, its kind of an important thing to know :)

Thanks again for bringing this out, already purchased a bottle...think I might use this alongside MP for more TTA.

4 caps per day, you think that is enough OEA/SEA to suppress the appetite of say someone 250?

Also, I'm loving TTA, however I've noticed that I have alot harder time dieting on TTA than without...for some reason I really really feel the urge to eat all the time, its crazy. Looking foward to adding in OEA/SEA :)

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Your right, people would want the dosage of TTA, its kind of an important thing to know :)

Thanks again for bringing this out, already purchased a bottle...think I might use this alongside MP for more TTA.

4 caps per day, you think that is enough OEA/SEA to suppress the appetite of say someone 250?

Also, I'm loving TTA, however I've noticed that I have alot harder time dieting on TTA than without...for some reason I really really feel the urge to eat all the time, its crazy. Looking foward to adding in OEA/SEA :)
I do not have any personal exerience with OEA/SEA yet, but given the pathways through which they work, I think they should provide some good appetite supressing effects at these dosages even for the big fellas.

My guess is that the increase fatty acid oxidation and energy expenditure caused by TTA is making you want to eat more. Some people's bodies are very keen to its energy balance. Controlling my appetite has ALWAYS been the hardest part of dieting for me. Those late evening hunger pangs/pains are killer, so I am really looking forward to implementing Lipid Fx myself.

Phosphate bond

Awards
This project isn't mine, but it looks like the Appetite suppressing effects of OEA and SEA are complimentary actually (rather than overlapping) which is always good.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Picked up a couple bottles for the gf. She was curious. We'll see how she likes it.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just started some yesterday (Sunday, 1/22/06) we'll see how it does for me. My appettite is a monster... virtually ectotropin-proof. I would sure like to see some decent suppression here considering the reasonable price.

One quick question. It says to take with meals. I need to take my second dose at a time when I'm not eating a full meal. Do I need to make sure I'm getting carbs or fats with the dose? Or is it really OK on an empty stomach (or with just a protein drink)? I just want to maximize the effects.

Thanks,
dd

Last edited:
Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
It is not that picky, just spread out your two doses with or without meals and you will be fine. While fat will increase lymphatic absorption of TTA, it is not 100% necessary to
take it with fat.

I just started some yesterday (Sunday, 1/22/06) we'll see how it does for me. My appettite is a monster... virtually ectotropin-proof. I would sure like to see some decent suppression here considering the reasonable price.

One quick question. It says to take with meals. I need to take my second dose at a time when I'm not eating a full meal. Do I need to make sure I'm getting carbs or fats with the dose? Or is it really OK on an empty stomach (or with just a protein drink)? I just want to maximize the effects.

Thanks,
dd

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff to know. Thanks for the response.

dd

ChuckieRD

Awards
Just finished one bottle. Nothing.
No appetite suppressing effects at all? How much do you weigh WhutEvr? Just curious. This was 2 capsules 2 times per day? Thank you for your comments.

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
No appetite suppressing effects at all? How much do you weigh WhutEvr? Just curious. This was 2 capsules 2 times per day? Thank you for your comments.
202lbs.
2 caps twice a day, approx 12 hours apart.

ChuckieRD

Awards
202lbs.
2 caps twice a day, approx 12 hours apart.
Well damn, that is interesting that it did not effect your appetite. I have had well over 30 of my clients on this and not one has reported "no effect". I will say, however the majority are not 200+ pounds. What if I sent you another bottle. Would you try 3 caps bid and let me know if it works on your appetite?

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
Well damn, that is interesting that it did not effect your appetite. I have had well over 30 of my clients on this and not one has reported "no effect". I will say, however the majority are not 200+ pounds. What if I sent you another bottle. Would you try 3 caps bid and let me know if it works on your appetite?
I'm willing to give it another shot.
I just started Sesamin yesterday though, would this alter the effects of Lipid?

rusty319

Awards
I'm over 250 lbs and it's been working great for me. I have a log in the Feedback and Reviews section. I can't eat enough to reach my maintenance calories.

ChuckieRD

Awards
I'm over 250 lbs and it's been working great for me. I have a log in the Feedback and Reviews section. I can't eat enough to reach my maintenance calories.
Thank you for the update....you know some people just respond different then others.

bigBOZ

Awards
Gentlemen-

Would this be a good product to bring in 7 weeks out?

Have that last bit to go on lower back and little on the love handles as well...

ChuckieRD

Awards
Gentlemen-

Would this be a good product to bring in 7 weeks out?

Have that last bit to go on lower back and little on the love handles as well...
It is for reducing your appetite and getting those last few % body fat. One thing we are noticing is that TTA tens to cause some water retention. I have been playing around with added potassium to the diet and it appears to be working for Derek. I am recommending to him as well as Scivation 99mg with food 3-4 times per day. As far as showtime, I woul get off of it 10 days prior to show and do your normal carb, sodium, potassium "whatever you do".

bigBOZ

Awards
Thanks Chuck!

Just wanted some reassurance. I planed on stopping the supps 10 days out so glad you concur with that logic.

Will do on the potassium as well...thanks again!

ChuckieRD

Awards
Thanks Chuck!

Just wanted some reassurance. I planed on stopping the supps 10 days out so glad you concur with that logic.

Will do on the potassium as well...thanks again!
My pleasure, let me know if you still feel you are holding water even with the added potassium. This is something we are working on and trying to figure out.

bigBOZ

Awards
You got it! Will give you and Scivation an update after using for a while....

Actually, we sell your products out here in Az and Marc has been great to me and our staff!! Keep up the good work.

ChuckieRD

Awards
You got it! Will give you and Scivation an update after using for a while....

Actually, we sell your products out here in Az and Marc has been great to me and our staff!! Keep up the good work.
Great. Good to hear. Thanks for the compliments.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 2
Supplements 2
Supplements 0
BigVrunga Supplement Logs 38
Syr Supplements 18