px black (semi sponsored) from finaflex by chefbo

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
starting today i will be logging independently a review of px black given to me by Snagency a Finaflex rep. I will do an honest no holds bar review of this product which i know will be great because of the company.
age -51
height 5'8"
weight -178 of this morning
diet -consists fo 2000 cal macros 45 % protein, 20% carbs 35% fat
training regime is 2 day spilt off on wednesdays with cardio on sundays and 15 minutes every day
mixed up training not the same every week to keep it fresh but to let myself heal usually after a hard session which is usually only 45 minutes . full on no rest periods during that time one to two body parts brken down into compound movements and a few isolation ones to finish the day.
i will be taking recommended dosage of three a day along with the following
consuming 1.5 gallons of water a day with:
pni paragon test booster
finaflex bcaa saa
dhea
whey protein by body fortress

I am hopping to shred up and lose an additional 7 lbs if possible by this time is June. If this happens i will then go into training with an online coach to start making myself ready for a masters competition next spring or summer depending on what he thinks is best . Any case i will be using mostly Redefine Nutrition products from here on out . there products have been really good to me in the past eventhough i have strayed from them time to time i always come back becasue of results. subscribe if you like on theis next ride i take with them. have a good day!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The story continues...of with the 7lbs!!!!........subbed.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:) continuation of the journey :) here again friend.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
well I took two yesterday morning and it may have been a little too much along with my coffee. so I went back to one for this morning and was much better. I will see how it goes as I progress through this. that is what I did with the pro x and it came out fine. Was going for legs today but had a meeting and the chiro appt. at 2:45 so I will have to switch to shoulders at the home . should be fine except my traps are killing me and after the witch doctor gets done with my neck I'll be luck to turn my head. I will log it after dinner tonight. around 1600 for todays cals i'll need to add a couple more shakes to my menu to pick up the extra protein . this stuff just won't let me eat like I am used to which is probably why it works so well.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Appetite supression at its finest :)

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
got to get in a shoulder workout tonight downstairs with what i have here at home. i would rather do something than nothing at all.

shoulder press dumbells 4 sets 10,10, 15,15 reps 35 for 2 45 for 2 sets
superset stiff arm pushdowns 4 sets @10 -50,50,65,65
50 lb band lateral raises 4 sets of 20 each arm
bent over laterals 35 for 3 sets of 10
face pulls 3 sets 15 -50lbs
that was all i could get in before my shoulder gave out.
got some news from the chiro that i need to go back to my pcp and get a referral to an othrapedic doctor for an mri for my shoulder. she says she hasn't see the improvement she thought she would and it has been around 3 years since i had one so it needs to be looked at. typical for my old ass, soon as i get rolling something steps in my way. gonna go through the motions and see what happens hopefully it can be treated without any cutting. it just keeps me up at night so it needs taking care of. keep everyone informed on the progress. good workout though major pumps.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
got back from the doctor and its not the shoulder according to her it is my bicep tendon. cortisone shot and restricted lifting with pressing movements in the recommendation. so this may workout in my favor after all. I can go lighter and add some more reps to cut up more add some cardio and I should be good to go. Anyone with any suggestions how to get around pressing movements please chime in I need some help. haven't done this in a while . benching , shoulder presses she even suggested no curls . what am I to do. I figured go light up the reps to the point I start to feel a twinge and stop. not full on. that way I am doing some thing . also I will probably add another leg day to the mix maybe monday and Friday to hone in on them. snag , kleen and dream I could use your expertise on these anybody else please advise I am wide open.

now started the one tab three time a day it is much better , no jitters. different though but i'll wait a bit longer to see if it changes like the pro x did. besides the shoulder feeling good. leg day so I guess i'll have the gym to myself !lol!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
must be pretty serioius to warrant cortisone n'est pas...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got back from the doctor and its not the shoulder according to her it is my bicep tendon. cortisone shot and restricted lifting with pressing movements in the recommendation. so this may workout in my favor after all. I can go lighter and add some more reps to cut up more add some cardio and I should be good to go. Anyone with any suggestions how to get around pressing movements please chime in I need some help. haven't done this in a while . benching , shoulder presses she even suggested no curls . what am I to do. I figured go light up the reps to the point I start to feel a twinge and stop. not full on. that way I am doing some thing . also I will probably add another leg day to the mix maybe monday and Friday to hone in on them. snag , kleen and dream I could use your expertise on these anybody else please advise I am wide open.

now started the one tab three time a day it is much better , no jitters. different though but i'll wait a bit longer to see if it changes like the pro x did. besides the shoulder feeling good. leg day so I guess i'll have the gym to myself !lol!
Just eliminating pressing moves all together would probably be best. But you don't want to feel a twinge at all. If you feel you don't want to do that route, go strictly with machines. Not Smith machine though. Hammer Strength or Cybex or the sort and keep it very light still. Dumbbell or barbell Front Raises for delts should keep them on track. Try hammer grip for dumbbell front raises as well. Takes a lot of strain off the joint.

For chest you could try some pushups but again..keep it light. With it being a bicep issue, flys could possibly aggravate it more so I would stay away from those.

An extra leg day would be good especially if they are lagging and you recover in time. If recovery is an issue take a little volume off the normal day and add in the second day.

Total rest would be the best option though.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to be a wise a$$, but if it's your biceps, then you should also watch out with all the pulling movement. (back)

Personally not very fond of cortison, also effects healthy tissue.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
thanks again guys for the positive advice. will do . legs are definitely lagging . so I will do another one Friday that gives them 3 days solid rest in between.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Personally not very fond of cortison, also effects healthy tissue.
agreed
in small amounts and in certain circumstances, okay..can be a viable course of treatment
but it's the guys who continually do these, who are at risk certainly

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
workout yesterday was great. I posted a pick on facebook of the gym on leg day ...empty1

here ya go..
smith machine lunges 95 4sets 15
hip raises with 135 barbell 4 sets 10
leg extensions 4 sets 15-90,135,160, 160 never done that much before new pr not that I am counting them
leg curl 4 sets 15-90,90,115, 135
leg press /calf raises 4 sets of 20/40-388, 433,458,458
calf raises smith -4 sets 25-95
kettle bell lunge 2 set 20 times both ways 35lbsea.
done!
the second pill of px black kicked in around the leg presses cause I got this rush on the calf raises .
did my arginine around 40 minutes before 3 tabs so they could have hit around the same time. Felt good a little winded but I kept on going. vascularity in the legs are getting me excited. if I can start seeing a little growth or definition I will be much happier. calves are standing out for the first time in my life . Life is good , through hard work comes greatness, nothing could be truer .
off day today just abs at the house with the kids. I have all three doing planks , side plank dips and crunches. Jumping jacks and pushups. I love it!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
agreed
in small amounts and in certain circumstances, okay..can be a viable course of treatment
but it's the guys who continually do these, who are at risk certainly
no, I used it as a last resort instead of having to wait two weeks for a referral to an orthopedic which she says would probably be a waste of time and money. my shoulder if feeling really good and I got the first full night of sleep in over a month.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no, I used it as a last resort instead of having to wait two weeks for a referral to an orthopedic which she says would probably be a waste of time and money. my shoulder if feeling really good and I got the first full night of sleep in over a month.
Nice that you're feeling better and had a good night sleep. Just be careful not to get too excited, watch out on all upper body movements.

Cortison makes it feel good, but also makes all the tissue weaker.

Hit them....legs bro..hit them legs... :)

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
that's the beauty of cortisone, analgesic city :D
Thanks definitly gonna be careful tomorrow with chest and bis. I know it is all pain relief and notreally that good.i will take care of it. No injuries this time.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks definitly gonna be careful tomorrow with chest and bis. I know it is all pain relief and notreally that good.i will take care of it. No injuries this time.
Training biceps and chest on the same day? Don't you think that might be too much volume for the injury there Bobo

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
I am gonna start with chest and see what happens if I have to move them to tomorrow that won't be a problem. slow and steady goes the wise man.
it got achy again on me last night so I have it there to keep my attention . at this point I am gonna do what my body tells me to , if it says stop I stop no questions. like edie says if I feel even a tinge stop and I will. no macho man here for sure. I have nothing to prove by being stupid .

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
got in arms a chest today after all. not bad stopped when i should have.

did a big curcuit intermingled with both
machine preacher curl warm up 30 lbs 15 reps 2 set more 50 lbs 10 reps
tricep pushdowns 42.5 2 sets 15 47.5 2set 15
incline bench 95 for 10 3 sets
incline dumbells 30, 35, 40 10 reps
single arm cable concentration curls 27.5 10 each arm 3 sets
dumbell curls 30 super set hammer curls 30 3 sets 15 reps
chin ups 3 sets to failure
done arms were blsted got a good pump in th chest too shoulder feels good and didn't push it.
hopefully will get another leg day probably lay off shoulders though. got another chiro in the afternoon.
black is kicking in because i barely ate all day very busy but wan't really hungry ever. good to go so far no problems with this one either.
finaflex can really make some good products. me likey!!!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
got in arms a chest today after all. not bad stopped when i should have.

did a big curcuit intermingled with both
machine preacher curl warm up 30 lbs 15 reps 2 set more 50 lbs 10 reps
tricep pushdowns 42.5 2 sets 15 47.5 2set 15
incline bench 95 for 10 3 sets
incline dumbells 30, 35, 40 10 reps
single arm cable concentration curls 27.5 10 each arm 3 sets
dumbell curls 30 super set hammer curls 30 3 sets 15 reps
chin ups 3 sets to failure
done arms were blsted got a good pump in th chest too shoulder feels good and didn't push it.
hopefully will get another leg day probably lay off shoulders though. got another chiro in the afternoon.
black is kicking in because i barely ate all day very busy but wan't really hungry ever. good to go so far no problems with this one either.
finaflex can really make some good products. me likey!!!
Are you noticing any difference between the PX black and the Pro Xanthine 500?

Looks like you had a nice work out, even with the injured bicep :)

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
not yet . the total lack of appetite is different. I am hungry in the morning but once I eat breakfast I am usually good to go for a long time, I really have to push myself to eat lunch and that is around 1:30 breakfast is at 7:00 . I am going to check my weight tomorrow morning to see where I am at. I have been waiting all week to do it .

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not yet . the total lack of appetite is different. I am hungry in the morning but once I eat breakfast I am usually good to go for a long time, I really have to push myself to eat lunch and that is around 1:30 breakfast is at 7:00 . I am going to check my weight tomorrow morning to see where I am at. I have been waiting all week to do it .
Feeling like you can't eat while on a cut is a very nice feeling :) I use the PX Black sparingly and only when I need a pick me up for night shifts at work, but I can really notice the change in mood I get from it. My own little happy pills.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent to see you logging this my man! You are rocking it but don't overdo those biceps the tendon is not going to improve as fast as you want it too while training it. If it is bad enough for a cort shot then you should not be lifting anything more than what you can do for a few sets 15 easy reps, the goal is only to increase circulation in that area. Spend the next week or two replacing some of that training that effects the tendon by adding in some HIIT training to get the metabolism going instead. The biceps will still be there when you are done. A cort shot can easily mask you doing further damage because you don't swell from the damage you are doing so you don't feel the pain of inflammation. Don't let that fool you into a sense of confidence that could hinder your recovery. I have seen it many times before and done it myself where I felt good because of the shot and trained to hard slowing the process or worse making it worse once the shot wore off.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
good advice and thanks for the props on the log. no you are right I'll be taking the next few off for vacation anyway so I'll let her rest a while. I didn't go to far if that what you took from the log . I stayed way inside the limit very light compared to what I usually go . just got the blood in there and hit the road probably 25 minutes max. it has gotten back to being sore anyway , had a semi hard night last night sleeping so it is back where it was. I am anxious to hear what the chiro will say given the doc didn't give me a referral to the ortho doc. but you got to trust them to know what is best. you guys have a great weekend and enjoy time with your families.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck and with a shot the initial 3-5 days is often more comfortable due to some other stuff they put in the shot initially to blunt the pain. Then it gets a little sore again before getting better. Could also just be even the tiny bit of work you did inflamed it a bit. Enjoy that vacation and be careful if you tend to sleep on your arm that you make sure the elbow has a slight bend to it. Sometimes sleeping that way can cause a slight hyper extension that can cause that discomfort.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Good luck and with a shot the initial 3-5 days is often more comfortable due to some other stuff they put in the shot initially to blunt the pain. Then it gets a little sore again before getting better. Could also just be even the tiny bit of work you did inflamed it a bit. Enjoy that vacation and be careful if you tend to sleep on your arm that you make sure the elbow has a slight bend to it. Someties sleeping that way can cause a slight hyper extension that can cause that discomfort.
Been sleeping ok. Two weeks of lught workouts and rest. Down to 174 today the px is a fat killler!!! Starting to see somr abs finally.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been sleeping ok. Two weeks of lught workouts and rest. Down to 174 today the px is a fat killler!!! Starting to see somr abs finally.
Ohhhhhh Warriors....come out and plaaaaayyyyyy! Get them abs front and center! Good job Bo

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
6 pack baby.....BOOM.....not talking about beer;)
173 of thos mornings wiegh in. Dropi.g off like water off a ducks back. Very vascular in my legs the last two days with no workouts! Calves are booming!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely in this. I'm a huge fan of PXB. Interested to see your results.
One piece of advice; don't forget to eat.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ohhhhhh Warriors....come out and plaaaaayyyyyy! Get them abs front and center! Good job Bo
That was a pretty dumb movie but you couldn't help but watch it anyway... now that's going back to the mid seventies...

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Definitely in this. I'm a huge fan of PXB. Interested to see your results.
One piece of advice; don't forget to eat.
i'm still getting my meals in just not as many calories as before. still on my macros though, good protein, carbs and fats even during the holiday i ate good.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
got a chest and arms workout in at home yesterday . i go back to work tomorrow so i will be able to hit the gym again.

dumbell bench press- warm ups 2 sets 40 for 10 reps,2 working sets at 50, 55 for 10 each
flyes 40 lbs 3 sets of 15
dumbell pullovers 55 3 sets of 10
pushups 4 sets 25

tricep straight bar pushdowns 3sets 70
dumbell curls 3 sets 30 superset double arm kickbacks same as curls for 10 each
skullcrushers 55 on ez curl for 15 for 3 sets

arms were fried no pain in shoulder/biceps area and have been sleeping soundly . i am keeping awatch on it. vascularity is abundant but i don't have away to gauge my bf here at home so i will not try to guess, but it is lower. haven't weighed this morning so i will do it tomorrow.
feeling great and getting alot done while on a break. wish i could get to the gym though i need to blast legs badly. tomorrow.

keep slinging the iron boys! i cannot wait to try something else from FinaFlex just got to make up my mind what.any suggestions are welcome.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i'm still getting my meals in just not as many calories as before. still on my macros though, good protein, carbs and fats even during the holiday i ate good.
Good deal. Read through your pro xanthine log and got a look at your pics. Gonna be nice to see what progress you've made at the end of this run.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Making killer progress brother!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lots of choices what have you run..?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Lots of choices what have you run..?
1 andro and epiv for my first ever cycle did ok epi v got me to lose weight.
did 1 alpha but got hurt and never reaped its benefits so that might be something to think about
never did 550 but it was gonna be my bridge on alpha.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
getting caught up after week off. two more workouts in . legs yesterday at a gym I have only been to twice . got a good one in plus finished off arms that I didn't get to hit a that hard Monday here at the house. Did a brutal shoulder today really hit the rear delts hard . the legs and delts are my most weak parts . I am not ripped my any means but I am getting there. lots of striations and vascularity coming through after the weight loss. I didn' t weight myself again today gonna wait til tomorrow morning to see what the px black has added to the px 500's demolition of fat.

legs
warm up 5 minutes treadmill 3.5 mph
leg press 4 sets of 15 each
superset with calf raises same weight 40 reps each set
seated calf raises
4@15 135
leg extentions super set with leg curls
4 sets 15 each 120, 140, 160, 160
4 sets 15 each 110, 120, 120, 90 to failure
quad inner thigh machine 4 sets 15
70, 90, 90, 100
great finisher

shoulders 5-30-13

standing laterals 6 sets10 reps
15,(warm up) 20, 25, 35 20,15,10
bench rear delt raises
4 sets 10 reps
20, 25, 30, 35
rear cable lateral crossovers 4 sets 10
20, 20, 25,25
super set with standing smith barbell raises 4 sets failure dropset
55-10, 65-10, 65-10,55,10,45 -6
cable raises standing 30lbs 4 sets 10 reps
arnolds -3 sets10 with 25, 30, 35
front raises 4 sets 10
30, 35, 40 thena dropset down to 10's
finished off with 50 lb kettle bell shrugs for 4 sets of 10
great workout no pain in the shoulder bicep area

I will be sore tomorrow but the good kind.
two good days of workouts but I wished I could find somewhere that had a hack squat machine I really do miss getting that full burn of a squat but those days are gone for me. I guess I will have to make do with what I have available to get massed up in the bean poles.

appetite is still low px black is rocking it out and I am a loving how I am showing in areas I haven't seen in over thirty years. I feari may be losing some muscle now in my arms and legs so I may need some advise on this form the reps. chime in boys and let me know what I need to do. maybe up my caloric some more . I know monte told me to eat but this shyt makes it hard to do. that is just hw good it is for me. steerling reviews coming for finaflex for this dude for sure.

should be able to do back tomorrow or Saturday depends on time. good night all brothers in iron!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you feel like you are losing muscle mass then up the calories across the board or throw in a refeed once or twice a week. I would also up the protein intake despite whatever choice u make on calories. The metabolism is in high gear so make sure u are hitting protein numbers around 1.5g per lb of body weight.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
****ty thing about losing weight is, it's never only fat.

You can only try and maintain as much muscle mass as possible.

I would suggest to at least up the protein. If eating is a problem, ten drink it(shakes)

Maybe ad some BCAA+SAA 2 times a day.

Also a refeed ones or twice a week like monte said should be good.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
****ty thing about losing weight is, it's never only fat.

You can only try and maintain as much muscle mass as possible.

I would suggest to at least up the protein. If eating is a problem, ten drink it(shakes)

Maybe ad some BCAA+SAA 2 times a day.

Also a refeed ones or twice a week like monte said should be good.
clue me in on refeeds. will up protein though , had a large plate of eggs this morning and should be able to pick up some powder later today.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe you are not carb cycling or low carbing if I remember correctly. A refeed normally accompanies these diets more then straight low cal diets. Basicly say you kept carbs around 125g a day and u noticed the changes that your are experiencing of possible muscle loss. Two days a week, normally on the heavier liifting days, you would up carbs by say 100 or 125 grams. Puts u at a bit of a surplus on days when you expend the most energy. With ur current diet I would just up my protein and see how things go. If u feel likke u are still losing muscle mass then slowly increase carbs until you level off.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
another thing to consider..

sure refeeds are good for bodycomp - BUT only if you are utilizing type of diet that necessitates this, as monte said
doesn't have to be rocket science - just get more carbs in couple days a week

i'm leery of advising this for you however chef
one thing to consider: to the untrained novice eye, when you lose bodyfat, you will lose bodyweight (obviously)
when you lose bodyweight, you look smaller with clothes on..sometimes during dieting, you even FEEL smaller, and it has nothing to do with losing muscle tissue

I can say tho, your cals have been pretty darn low, and as has been pointed out couple times your protein intake has been pretty puny

typing all of this just to agree with monte above, but give it a different view:
" With ur current diet I would just up my protein and see how things go. If u feel likke u are still losing muscle mass then slowly increase carbs until you level off"

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
I believe you are not carb cycling or low carbing if I remember correctly. A refeed normally accompanies these diets more then straight low cal diets. Basicly say you kept carbs around 125g a day and u noticed the changes that your are experiencing of possible muscle loss. Two days a week, normally on the heavier liifting days, you would up carbs by say 100 or 125 grams. Puts u at a bit of a surplus on days when you expend the most energy. With ur current diet I would just up my protein and see how things go. If u feel likke u are still losing muscle mass then slowly increase carbs until you level off.
thanks my man