BETA - 03 Tipping the Balance

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The adventure has begun. Pulse is 67 as I get out of bed. Workout clothes are on. Pulse is 74. Just swallowed 4 easy caplets. Heading to the house if pain now....... 30 mins later.....

My avatar is a well known symbol of "balance". Thanks Finaflex (Kleen) for the experimental PWO and the chance to provide feedback to help develop "MAX Pump". Let's see if we can tip the balance shall we?

Today is Back day.

Deadlifts, pull-downs and chinups completed. 1 hour workout time.

I train with a heart rate monitor because I'm a nerd engineer. My HR stayed at 107 during rest periods and after the workout. Usually I drop to the low 90's.

Too early to judge anything. Did notice skin flushing in pecs and abs area. Otherwise just a normal workout.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final rating after 15 days of running this.

1) Vascularity/Pump (1-5) 3
I did have a bit of a pump from this but it was hit and miss for me. Several other loggers had massive pumps. When I did get the pump it was a total body experience.

2) Muscle Endurance/Stamina (1-5) 5
I set several PRs with this during my 15 days. This is something I never expected. The effects are definitely additive.

3) Muscle Strength (1-5) 5
See above.

4) Overall Physical Performance (1-5) 4
Like I said this product yields effects that I never expected. The effects increase and are additive the more you take it. Stacking this product can only increase your returns.

The only downfall is that you may experience stomach discomfort for about 5 to 10 mins. I suggest one takes it with food.

5) Overall Opinion of Product (1-5) 4
Would recommend it for you lifters seeking additive strength and endurance increases.

Well done Finaflex! You have a hit on your list of products!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
In!!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok it's been 45 minutes since I ended my workout. The skin flush is now all over the upper body and I'm pumped! Holy Mackerel this stuff is tingling in the neck and back area.

First lesson for me: take this 1 hour before workout.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On the job...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in this...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent start Kenpo! Glad to have you logging brother!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh but if you want to keep the pump longer after your workout... then just b4 would be the thing to do. That's what I am interested in. Here's the problem, you pump up backstage and you lose it by the time you go on. Plus pumping up too much tires you out for posing. Ok what if I could rest a bit afterwards and still be pumped for posing. I could really hammer then get good and pumped assured it would last.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually the pump also has a little red flushed skin associated with it. Not painful but might look weird to your judges. Although, you will be tanned right? The tanning would cover it up.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Actually the pump also has a little red flushed skin associated with it. Not painful but might look weird to your judges. Although, you will be tanned right? The tanning would cover it up.
Most of the posing oils have stuff in them that flush you a bit like menthols and stuff to make viens stand out so that shouldn't be a problem.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Subbed

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Following

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In it

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah crossed my mind but the pics I have seen shows not severe redness...

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing severe just some red skin flushing. It reminds me of the flushing you get when taking niacin ( not the slow release type). Lets see if it repeats again.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was squats and leg extensions day. Took "Max Pump" 30 mins before workout on empty stomach as I did yesterday.

The effects were totally different today. Very mild skin flush and almost non-existent pump. Not surprised at this because almost every PWO I've tried gives me diminished effects as time goes by. This is the reason I have to cycle them.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Was diet or anything different yesterday? Seems that is really quick to have a diminishing return.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weird. No diet changes at all. In fact my morning macro routine is identical from day to day.

Yesterday my heart rate was higher as well. Today it was just like a normal workout.

For reference Finaflex Ignite 2 effect on me only lasted a week.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am just the opposite pre-workouts just keep working for me, I get very little diminished results with them.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Today was squats and leg extensions day. Took "Max Pump" 30 mins before workout on empty stomach as I did yesterday.

The effects were totally different today. Very mild skin flush and almost non-existent pump. Not surprised at this because almost every PWO I've tried gives me diminished effects as time goes by. This is the reason I have to cycle them.
this is not in a category of "preworkouts" kenpo

the issue you refer to here -- such as the following:
For reference Finaflex Ignite 2 effect on me only lasted a week.
is an acclimation to stimulants in general, which actually is not all that uncommon fyi
(happens to me in past times, but not so much anymore now that i don't do cracy amounts and keep stims very small-dosed)

this has no stimulant portion to it, and is not meant to be a "preworkout product" as you are envisioning it

by all means, keep updated with this content of "diminishing returns" if such is the case (this is feedback we need and are looking for!), but don't let the mental aspect or "placebo" effect of what you think this is, throw you either

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, understood that this is not a stimed PWO from the start. I was just using my use of stimed PWOs as an example of how my body seems to become quickly immune to these types of supplements.

Will not let this alter my evaluation of Max Pump. The first day I had massive pump action about 2 hours after taking on empty stomach. Let's see what the effects are today.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was shoulder press, weighted dips and chin-ups day 5/3/1 style. Killed them all in one hour without a problem. The focus and energy level was there today.

No red flush today and felt the tingles in back and neck area. PR in weighted dips. Max Pump?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arm day. CG Bench, EZ curls, DB Preachers and Tri Kickbacks.

Endurance was spot on. No red flush but the tingles were there again.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I was just using my use of stimed PWOs as an example of how my body seems to become quickly immune to these types of supplements.
i understand what you are saying

what i am saying is: you do not know what this product is you are taking; thus, how can you compare your reaction now, to something you have taken previously? :confused:

in any event, as i said if there are diminished returns, then state such
as i can see from your latest update, perhaps diminished is not the state of affairs any longer??

:)

okay i'll be quiet and lurk in the background now, and let you do your thing

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Snags sorry. I now see how my logic is flawed. I'm grouping this into the PWO section and Max Pump might not be! Got you loud and clear.

Ok so Max Pump has something in it that has increased my endurance and focus. There simply is no "pump" for me just tingling in the neck and back. In addition, these caps are really "rough" on the empty stomach. Burning and a little nauseous for about 15 mins after swallowing then it goes away. Sorry just my honest report.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Ok so Max Pump has something in it that has increased my endurance and focus. There simply is no "pump" for me just tingling in the neck and back. In addition, these caps are really "rough" on the empty stomach. Burning and a little nauseous for about 15 mins after swallowing then it goes away. Sorry just my honest report.
don't be sorry

i don't care if you hate the product and find it the most horrifying experience with supps ever --
so long as it's truthful feedback!

this is simply all we ask for

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Boxer's Workout Day. Speed bag, heavy bag, inchworms, hanging leg raises, crunches and medicine ball crunches.

This is the first cardio workout while on Max Pump.

Endurance and stamina was there as with the lifting workouts.

No pump for me. No red flush.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
kenpo - in discussing the stomach issues with the creators, it has come to my attention that MAX PUMP can be taken either with or w/o food, per your preference, and based on individual reactions

while we have some who are just fine taking w/o food, there are others such as yourself, experiencing these issues

feel free to correct this going forward, and make note of such please, thanks

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
don't be sorry

i don't care if you hate the product and find it the most horrifying experience with supps ever --
so long as it's truthful feedback!

this is simply all we ask for
We learn nothing if you aren't honest.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kenpo - in discussing the stomach issues with the creators, it has come to my attention that MAX PUMP can be taken either with or w/o food, per your preference, and based on individual reactions

while we have some who are just fine taking w/o food, there are others such as yourself, experiencing these issues

feel free to correct this going forward, and make note of such please, thanks
Cool. I did find that if I drank about a quart of water with the dose that I didn't have the stomach cramps or acid indigestion.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool. I did find that if I drank about a quart of water with the dose that I didn't have the stomach cramps or acid indigestion.
Now that's good info ...

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back Day 5/3/1 style: DL and good mornings.

Playing with Max Pump and amount of water taken with it in order not to feel the stomach acid feeling. Yesterday it was 32 oz guzzled down. Today tried 16 oz: not enough. Tomorrow will try 20 oz.

Back was tingling. No pump. Flush action in abs area. Endurance was high.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back Day 5/3/1 style: DL and good mornings.

Playing with Max Pump and amount of water taken with it in order not to feel the stomach acid feeling. Yesterday it was 32 oz guzzled down. Today tried 16 oz: not enough. Tomorrow will try 20 oz.

Back was tingling. No pump. Flush action in abs area. Endurance was high.
I hope my stomach handles this well at I can't take that much water when going in stage.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Squat Day 5/3/1: Squat and leg extensions.

Revelation

I just realized something with this workout, I've had very little DOMS since taking Max Pump.
My lifts have been heavy and major but very little soreness.

20 oz water with the dose makes this stomach acid feeling less noticeable. It really only lasts about 5 mins now.

No pump for me and the abs and neck were tingling today.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SO you are seeing a definite increase in recovery and stamina from the product even though you are not having the pump effect. So far I would say this is going well. Pumps are nice but the stuff getting to the muscle and effecting performance is much nicer!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In the log run pump is just eye candy. I like freaking people out at the gym though :) wait till I get my hands on this and do my cocktail ... there will be eyes popping for sure.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Feeling a little "left out" that I'm not getting the "pump" others are seeing but I'd rather have the endurance to lift some heavy azz shyte anyway! So you other beta testers can just take your pump and .....

...... back to writing PR's in my log! Smile

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Feeling a little "left out" that I'm not getting the "pump" others are seeing but I'd rather have the endurance to lift some heavy azz shyte anyway! So you other beta testers can just take your pump and .....

...... back to writing PR's in my log! Smile
if the pump is (as arnold says) like cumming..
endless endurance & strength is like being able to cum over and over again
(so no pump no worry - give me endurance to repeat anytime)

okay well it sounded good when i thought of it
:p

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
if the pump is (as arnold says) like cumming..
endless endurance & strength is like being able to cum over and over again
(so no pump no worry - give me endurance to repeat anytime)

okay well it sounded good when i thought of it
:p
Lol. Yeah that sounded better in your head. :D

If this product is increasing recovery and endurance then a stack with Ignite would be a ton of fun. Finaflex preworkouts have always given me more endurance and stamina than Energy and pump which I love.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree. Missing my Creatrona.

Chest Day 5/3/1. Coming back from a left shoulder issue. Thought maybe it was rotator cuff related but it seems to be healing with 3 weeks of no chest pressing lifts. Antaeus Achilles really helped with healing. Still taking it.

Flat Bench
85x5
115x5
135x3
155x5
170x5
195x7

Decline Bench
145x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
225x5

Dips
BW x10
BW+50 x10
BW+50 x10
BW+75 x10
BW+75 x8

Holy Mackerel!! I've got the "pump"!!! I see chest veins!! Finally!!!

16 oz of water with dose today = less stomach acid feeling.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
already tackled this issue in rahl's thread (i'm ahead of you)
creatrona g2g, no worries

nice!
arnold must've known what he was talking about, you seem to be excited :D

It's like you're stalking us...oh wait you are! :O

Chest veins are awesome.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So we will see some stacking with crea-trona Now ?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arms Day. Took Max Pump with about 4 oz of my protein shake. A lot less stomach discomfort. Nothing else with it so as not to taint test. I'm missing my Creatrona though!

CG bench
145x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
225x2

One Arm Preacher Curls
40x5
40x6
40x5

Triceps Kickback
65x6
65x6
65x5

Red flushed abs again with tingling but no pump. Anyone else craving carbs like it's going out of style?! I WANT carbs! Side note: my BP is normally 116/67. This morning after workout it was 130/78. I'm going to start tracking this.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Arms Day. Took Max Pump with about 4 oz of my protein shake. A lot less stomach discomfort. Nothing else with it so as not to taint test. I'm missing my Creatrona though!

CG bench
145x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
225x2

One Arm Preacher Curls
40x5
40x6
40x5

Triceps Kickback
65x6
65x6
65x5

Red flushed abs again with tingling but no pump. Anyone else craving carbs like it's going out of style?! I WANT carbs! Side note: my BP is normally 116/67. This morning after workout it was 130/78. I'm going to start tracking this.
Question for you to ponder, are you possibly shortening your in between set rest periods due to feeling more recovered more quickly? This would be a sign of the ATP system being really kicked up a notch. If so it would also explain a rise in BP due to increased intensity via shorter rest periods.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I train with a HR monitor. There is definitely faster recovery between sets compared to my "normal" with using Max Pump. The BP reading was taken 1 hour after workout. I'm going to monitor BP and HR for the next week. Nothing conclusive with just 1 reading.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got ya, I have never trained with a HR monitor. I typically don't check the ones while doing my cardio they always want me to slow down. SHEESH I am doing cardio baby not aerobics!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a nerd (engineer) and the HR monitor lets me know when I've recovered enough to do the next set. Funny sometimes I'm feeling "not ready" and the HR says "next". Lol