Calebsmittys 1-Andro Run

Page 7 of 10 First ... 256789 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Little update.

After 5 hours Friday and 4 hours Saturday of baseball practice. Hitting fungo and throwing 300+ pitches I am still recovering. I had planned on training today but my back is still cramping and sore and feet are killing me. I have decided to be lazy and recover today. Using time to research my training for the foreseeable future. Stuck between gaining mass and leaning out.

Diet yesterday sucked. Started off ok with 4 free range eggs at 7:30 and didn't eat again till 2:30. ( at practice). Had pasta and stir fry for dinner. No where near my macro goals. Back on track today.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

300 pitches?!?!?!!!
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Yeah. Have what we call a cage diet. 2 sacs, 2 drags, 2slash, 2 hit n run, 3 ground ball or line drive, 3 positive count, 3 2 strike count. And I'm kind of wild. About 20 players.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

In season training in sports can be hard.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

In the past I just scaled back my 531 to three days a week. And on Sunday I would squat and deadlift together. This is one option. But I want to get more metabolic training done.

At the moment my options are
    531 for main movement and metabolic/circuit training for accessories
    Just stick to 531 and 1 or 2 accessory movements high volume, (3 days a week and possibly 4 when a day opens up)
    Find a circuit program ala Kleen, for 3-4 days a week.

My goal is to get in and out of the gym in an hour or less, except on Sunday.

I havn't been following 531, but just working up to near my 3 RM. I would like to continue to incorporate strength in my program. I am toying with the idea of taking the next month off from this form of training. Thinking of taking this month as a change of pace and getting back to my normal routine in March when the season gets a little more predictable. Ive been researching different metabolic training programs but have not found one I love yet.

Any suggestions or criticism?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    In the past I just scaled back my 531 to three days a week. And on Sunday I would squat and deadlift together. This is one option. But I want to get more metabolic training done.

At the moment my options are
    531 for main movement and metabolic/circuit training for accessories
    Just stick to 531 and 1 or 2 accessory movements high volume, (3 days a week and possibly 4 when a day opens up)
    Find a circuit program ala Kleen, for 3-4 days a week.

My goal is to get in and out of the gym in an hour or less, except on Sunday.

I havn't been following 531, but just working up to near my 3 RM. I would like to continue to incorporate strength in my program. I am toying with the idea of taking the next month off from this form of training. Thinking of taking this month as a change of pace and getting back to my normal routine in March when the season gets a little more predictable. Ive been researching different metabolic training programs but have not found one I love yet.

Any suggestions or criticism?
    I do the power training a couple sessions a year but I prefer the bodybuilding style. I like full body routines like HST or Chis's Warrior workouts.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Yeah I'm a leaning toward that for at least the next month. I have been making significant progress in my weights the last few months but I feel the need to back off for a little while. I feel the metabolic training would help improve my work capacity and lean me out as well.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Yeah I'm a leaning toward that for at least the next month. I have been making significant progress in my weights the last few months but I feel the need to back off for a little while. I feel the metabolic training would help improve my work capacity and lean me out as well.
    I agree, either would be fine for you Chris's is more fun, You do a warm up a working set then a working set with a double drop. One exercise per body part 3 times a week. That't it. Oh be progressive, start at around 60% then work you way back to 95% or so depending on how strong you get at the exercises. Some may exceed your former 100% if you feel the urge. Big pump lots of fun.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

^ What he said, and damn 300 pitches no doubt you need some recovery.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I estimate 300. May have been much more.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Another day with no training. Practice ran long and we had to wait for a couple kids to get picked up. By the time I got home I lost all motivation. I get down and lose motivation when I don't get to see my son all day. Sucks waking up before he is up and getting home after he is asleep.

If practice runs short today I will hit the gym and run something similar to Kleen's format. Just to get something in.

Weight has dropped a little because of the long practice and drop in carbs.

Diet Macros yesterday were Prot. 267, Carbs 52, Fat 213...3200 Calories, had a granny smith apple that I didn't factor in.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

At least you got in some grub man. Yeah I hate it when I don't get to see the kiddos. Then again I love it when they spend the night with Nana but that is planned free time, not the same thing...
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    At least you got in some grub man. Yeah I hate it when I don't get to see the kiddos. Then again I love it when they spend the night with Nana but that is planned free time, not the same thing...
    Yeah, of course. Even when I leave for the weekend to go hunting by Saturday I'm missing him and cant wait to get home.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

So i've decided on a plan of action. I found an article on here by Nate Mioky(however you spell it).

Split is Chest/Back, Legs/Core, Shoulder/Arms, Legs/Core.

First two days are 4 total movements with 30 sec. rest. For example

Chest/Back
    1. DB Bench, work up to 3x6-8, with 60 sec. rest interval
    2. Row Variation, 4x10-12 with 30 sec. rest interval
    3. Bench Variation, 4x10-12 w/ 30 sec. rest interval
    4. Row Variation, 4x10-12 w/ 30 sec. rest interval

Same intervals for Legs/Core Day 2

Day 3 and 4 start the same with set one. And the last sets are super sets. I will post the training as I complete it. Hopefully starting tonight.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

yeah i'm not big into preset routines..there are a gazillion of 'em out there, all by guys who have the agenda to get their names out there..
    means nothing to me

and - you can use hundreds of these plans (all with seperate tweaks but essentially doing the same thing), very successfully

the basic structure of this one tho, i like it on many levels
    off the top - love the short rest periods..hugely under-utilized protocol i feel..
    supersets are fantastic as well (and giant sets/double-doubles etc etc)

i also like the upper-lower back & forth combo - and by extendsion, hitting those legs 2x in the 4-day layout
    if this is a weakness for you, it will surely encourage some growth

this would seem to combine with your new macro approach, indicating that you wish to lean out some

caveat: you also speak of wanting to get huge #s and increases on your DL - keep in mind, this plan (and diet approach) are not best-suited to such goal

it is however very well suited to body-composition goals, and overall increase in stamina/endurance
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yeah i'm not big into preset routines..there are a gazillion of 'em out there, all by guys who have the agenda to get their names out there..
    means nothing to me

and - you can use hundreds of these plans (all with seperate tweaks but essentially doing the same thing), very successfully

the basic structure of this one tho, i like it on many levels
    off the top - love the short rest periods..hugely under-utilized protocol i feel..
    supersets are fantastic as well (and giant sets/double-doubles etc etc)

i also like the upper-lower back & forth combo - and by extendsion, hitting those legs 2x in the 4-day layout
    if this is a weakness for you, it will surely encourage some growth

this would seem to combine with your new macro approach, indicating that you wish to lean out some

caveat: you also speak of wanting to get huge #s and increases on your DL - keep in mind, this plan (and diet approach) are not best-suited to such goal

it is however very well suited to body-composition goals, and overall increase in stamina/endurance
    I'm taking a different direction for about 6 weeks. This split allows me to still work heavy relatively on the main lift so as not to completely forget about strength. I will probably cycle my carbs as I see fit by energy levels and body comp. I also do not plan on presetting movements but rather change it up while still sticking with the prescribed concentration. If I feel really good I will probably work heavy on first set and follow the remaining program.

I have kept carbs low the last few days because I havn't been training.

I have conflicting goals I know. But I feel the need to lean out and rebuild. I would rather be stronger and lean than fat and strong.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

great caleb, sounds like you are on it

and keep in mind: perspective & context are very large scopes within training

ppl say "you cannot get strong on xyz plan"..or "you will not grow on that abc plan"
    while plans may be tailored to be optimal for one goal or another, it certainly does not mean you cannot gain strength, with such parameters you speak of in place

context my friend - when you are hitting on all cylinders, you gain in all aspects while accentuating the goals that are present

unless you are extremely advanced individual who has maxed out their strength and needs specialized training to continue to make progress, you will get stronger on this type plan - if you are consistent

18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Yeah, plus I havn't done anything quite like this. I have different intensity schemes but never actually pushed myself to keep rest at a set time. I usually reserve that for strictly conditioning. We will see. I would like to see what my abs look like.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Interesting lay out any thoughts on changing the main lift from one workout to the next for say the back and chest program do chest first on first day then 3rd day to back first?
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I might do that to change it up. But only on days I decide not to take it to a heavy set. For example, long heavy practice, already fatigued, might hit back first and decrease pressing weight. But on days i'm feeling it I will still take the bench set for three heavy work sets. I won't hold myself to the 6-8 range. I'll probably follow the plan the first week and get a feel and then adjust. Also have to adjust for the busy gym.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I do want to keep milt pressing in the program. I'm trying to keep the big lifts alive.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

kleen brings up great point

change of exercises within the program/week-to-week, even upper-to-upper (or lower) days = big win
    constant change is a premise i embrace
    muscle adapts to stimulus much more quickly than some give credit for
    it is not enuff to just think of it in terms of "adding weight" week in / week out

again - lots of factors involved here, and you have a lot to exhaust before you "need" to start worrying about some of these things..but the premise man - it is never too early to learn fundamentals
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

No doubt. I'm not married to the program. Just using it for a place to start. Don't want to over think anything at this point.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Especially on the supersets, the straight sets not as much.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Not sure how many of you are fans of EliteFTS.com. They have some great equipment. I just bought a pair of blast straps (like olympic Rings) for $50 (60 with shipping). This is a great deal. Could be used like TRX or gymnast rings for pushups, dips, etc. Been wanting some for a while finally got them on a good sale.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Re: Calebsmittys 1-Andro Run

Nice I may look into.that.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice I may look into.that.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    This the best deal on blast straps I have seen. T shirts are awesome to.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Training today was chest/back

Used machines for ease of transition to avoid loss of time.

Hammer st incline press two warmup sets with45s, working sets 80 each side x10, 85x10,90x8

Meadow row (after 1:30 sec) 1x12(80), 1x10(80), 2x10(70)

Hammer decline 80 per side 4x10(12 on first set)

Hammer high row 4x10 had to drop weight each set to finish

8 min interval on elliptical (30 s sprint) machine turned off on me

I finished this in less than 30 minutes. I was spent. Recovery is fast. Could have taken a Short break and done more work. But this is what I was looking for. This allowed me to get a good amount of work done in a short time period. I also know my work capacity is weak. In the future I know how I can extend this to get some additional work. So far I'm pleased.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Macros

Prot. 273g
    Fat 157 g
    Carb 187g

3200 calories.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Not sure how many of you are fans of EliteFTS.com. They have some great equipment. I just bought a pair of blast straps (like olympic Rings) for $50 (60 with shipping). This is a great deal. Could be used like TRX or gymnast rings for pushups, dips, etc. Been wanting some for a while finally got them on a good sale.
    They have TRX at our gym, I use them for stretching.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Legs and core

Single leg squat 4x10, drop on last set. Just kept reping 3s till I couldn't (60 sec rest)

Stiff DL with jump squat superset, AMAP(30 sec rest) 3 sets

Plank( at least 40 sec hold) x cable rope crunch (30 sec rest)

Good and fast. I had to switch day 4 with day 2 because the gym was packed with shruggers and curlers.

Recovery feels fast. I might take this a little further next week.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Pic from yesterday. I think I look much leaner. A little flat from low carb. But leaner for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

for sure leaner man, good work
    beard looks a lil leaner too
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Yeah it was a little rough for a while
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Agree leaner for sure.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Damn. I didn't mean for pic to be so huge. Makes me look super wide.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I am so damn sore. I left the gym after the last to sessions feeling like I didn't do much. After 5 min. I felt just fine. I have to fight the urge to keep going. But I know I'm doing something right because I havn't felt sore lats like this in a long time. chest is very sore as well. And legs from last night are very shaky this morning. I think my body is pissed off at me.

I am planning on adding something on the end as I acclimate myself. My thought is to make it a complete upper body/lower body session. Complete the prescribed exercise and then add say arms (superset) at the end. Exercises I basically chose based on what is available. So it changes each time.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Damn. I didn't mean for pic to be so huge. Makes me look super wide.
    the one you posted of your face & beard earlier was ginormous
    lol
    why you think i said fear the beard?
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Macros yesterday

Prot. 277g
    Carb 193g
    Fats 143g 3200 Cal.

I have been trying to keep my calories up. While maintaining Carbs at 200 or less. I am planning on going carb crazy on Saturday.
    Need to find something quick and easy to get some extra calories.

I don't seem to have time to eat these days. Every meal is on the run. Eggs in class (boiled), 25 min. lunch, quick dinner before I go to the gym, protein shakes and peanut butter sandwiches in between. One of my new favorite snacks is Chobani Greek Yogurt with chopped walnuts. Only on days I workout. Anyone have any suggestions for food on the run.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I know nothing of computers and cell phones. I have no idea how to make them smaller.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 12:43 PM
  2. Full Andro-Series Run
    By R4in in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 02:59 PM
  3. 1-Andro Rx+Epistane=nice light run?
    By Blacktail in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
  4. Running 1-Andro mildly stacked with Primal Male/Activate/ATD ?
    By mdgrwl in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 11:44 PM
  5. 1, 4 andro
    By scotty2 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-10-2002, 08:34 PM