Calebsmittys 1-Andro Run

Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    You know I always thought my legs were skinny. They can always be bigger but for 6ft I feel out 36 jeans. I just have a critical opinion of myself. I always think I can be bigger.

I have 18 in arms but my torso makes them look small.
    Idk my arms are a little over 16 at the moment and quads are 25. I weigh 170 not sure what my profile says I'm using phone app can't access profile.

2. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    I love being the biggest or one of the biggest guys in the gym.
    i know this

i never had that problem haha
    even tho everyone tells me dude you are huge!
    i know the reality is -- i am 5-9 and 200lbs (give ot take a few lbs at any given moment)
    that is a far cry from big. i've trained with monsters, stood next to guys who are say 6-5 and 250lbs lean -- those guys are animals
    Jay Cutler (who i am slightly taller than actually) was guest poser at one of my shows, got a pic of me & him together somewhere in posing trunks -- i am an ant

there will always be someone bigger
    but - not a lot have my kind of body composition, and size combined
    it is a nice niche

hey btw - coconut oil in your coffee huh? interesting!
    •   

3. Yeah. Use in protein shakes to sometimes. Great flavor and good healthy fat source.

5'9" at 200 and lean is pretty damn big if you wanted to you easily be 225-230.

My gym is pretty weak on serious lifters. Most work arms and traps religiously but little else. You can count on someone doing shrugs daily. Very few squat or DL and of those even less do them properly or with any significant weight.

I'm by know means a monster or even hyooge but where I train I'm one of the bigger lifters. Now just need to get leaner to show the muscles off.

4. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    My gym is pretty weak on serious lifters. Most work arms and traps religiously but little else. You can count on someone doing shrugs daily. Very few squat or DL and of those even less do them properly or with any significant weight.
    heyyyy..i know that gym!

5. Quads and calves

Squats - worked up to a PR 425x5. I felt great and if I had a spot might have attempted 7. Weight flew up even at 425. Almost mad at myself for not going for extra.
    One leg squat (on hammer strength squat machine) 4x10
    Hack squat on smith machine 4x10 (30 s rest)
    Leg ext FST7 (finished all sets)

Superset seated and standing calve raises (no rest) 60 straight reps

Felt great today strongest since cycle. I attribute this to my squat and DL strategy. One week hard and heavy the next week lighter and high volume. I only free squat once every two weeks. Keeps me fresh.
    •   

6. Two books I've been reading some of you guys might be interested in. Good read and very informative.

Author Gary Taubes

"Good calories, bad calories"
    "Why people get fat"

Both are eye opening.

7. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Two books I've been reading some of you guys might be interested in. Good read and very informative.

Author Gary Taubes

"Good calories, bad calories"
    "Why people get fat"

Both are eye opening.
    Taubes is the Kevin Trudeau of nutrition.

He's a storyteller who picks & chooses his own selection from the body of evidence to fit his gripping tale. GCBC is what happens when you mix cherry-picked science with fantasy & fiction.

Don't get bamboozled by his quackary.

8. lol
    rhizome, is there anything in this realm of bodybuilding, that you find to have no agendized basis?

i do not diagree with you here, at all
    (is why i don't read 'nutrition' books anymore, stopped long ago)

but it seems you enjoy pointing out these flawed things a lil too much

9. Well he admittedly says he is a reporter. So he researches an reports. I see no problem with researching one side and telling the story never told. Much like dietary standards which we all probably agree are wrong. Yet they are still shoved down our throats. That is also very biased based on a handful of individuals and faulty anecdotal science.

Taubes never claims to be a nutrition expert he merely attempts to shed light on the bull**** being fed to us. Like the idea you can eat carbs freely and at will but fat is bad. Aren't we still being told to limit fat and cholesterol and not carbs? I call bull****.

10. Total calories today 3100. Prot. 289 g, carbs 229, fat 123g.

Probably going to add another snack I'm still hungry. Haven't had be bedtime protein shake yet.

11. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Like the idea you can eat carbs freely and at will but fat is bad.
    i don't hear that, myself
    Aren't we still being told to limit fat and cholesterol and not carbs?
    no not really
    maybe in the 70s bro

12. I spent years in college studying to be a dietitian. The national nutrition standards are so out of whack its amazing. Actually the bodybuilding community has been on the cutting edge of nutrition since way before Arnold. It's to bad the government didn't listen.

Sorry for rant. I used to try to get diabetics to eat right lift weights,etc. it was frustrating which is why I'm a coach now. People actually listen now.

13. More pointed toward the medical community and government.

14. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    The national nutrition standards are so out of whack its amazing. Actually the bodybuilding community has been on the cutting edge of nutrition since way before Arnold.
    agree to a point
    even within the bodybuilding community, you have no definitive platform where everyone agrees on certain principles
    look at the conversations we have had regarding IF, for example..yet, a large segment of he 'industry' practices this w/o a clue as to what they are doing, or a true understanding of what it really entails
    monkey-see monkey-do does not equal 'cutting edge'

15. Fair enough. Two sides of a coin I guess.

16. One thing I have been able to establish. People are very different and should eat for who they are. For instance I am so much more efficient as a fast and gorge eater because a) it suits my lifestyle b) it conforms to my body type and c) it suits my goals.

I would not however recommend it for a less efficient body type. Some people need frequent eating some don't. An efficient body type (endo) gets a lot more out of what he eats and it tends to sustain him for a lot longer. He does not need to take in large amounts to gain mass and has a tendency towards larger meals. Content still needs to be good though.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

17. True DW. But what I was getting at is more geared toward my frustration with government and medical health and nutrition standards. Most normal people don't do the research or experiment to see what works. They only know what their doctor ( who knows little to nothing of nutrition) or government tells them. This is where I was coming from. That is why I feel I wasted years of my life studying dietetics. Carry on.

Have a great day.

18. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    what I was getting at is more geared toward my frustration with government and medical health and nutrition standards. Most normal people don't do the research or experiment to see what works. They only know what their doctor ( who knows little to nothing of nutrition) or government tells them. This is where I was coming from. That is why I feel I wasted years of my life studying dietetics.
    agreed, and understand you stance caleb

the problem here - well, do i really have to say anything about the govt standards for nutrition?
    they can't even figure out other issues that are more pertinent to gvmt, let alone what foods one should eat

same with the traditional textbook in schooling, and the generic term of institutional 'nutrition' courses

but understand man - these are simply guidelines of minimum standards, meant to keep the average couch potato from developing third-world diseases and disorders like rickets, or scurvy..nothing more

certainly not geared to anyone who wants to increase the size of their muscles..or lead an active lifestyle..or make changes in their body comp..

19. Another thing we have to consider that there is a very large confiict of interest for things like Dairy etc.

20. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Another thing we have to consider that there is a very large confiict of interest for things like Dairy etc.
    we all know where i sit on the issue of dairy

no grown man should be drinking milk from a cow

21. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    we all know where i sit on the issue of dairy

no grown man should be drinking milk from a cow
    Ageeed not a child, my son did not drink milk and I've never seen such strong bones and joints. He was a beast when he was ballin...

22. Wow, so much to comment on that I forgot what I wanted to say. Diet wise yeah the lawyers that came up with the food pyramid should be bitch slapped. I like Myfitnesspal as a diet tracker but if you let them set up your diet it is like 65-70% carbs. I can't even entertain that idea... I have type 2 diabetes running rampant in my family...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

23. Well Kleen if you keep resistance training on your life you should be fine. I'm waiting to see how long it takes doctors to realize the importance on resistance training for diabetics.

24. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Ageeed not a child, my son did not drink milk and I've never seen such strong bones and joints. He was a beast when he was ballin...
    yes
    i've said it before, but ponder..

humans are the ONLY species that drink milk into adulthood
    we are also the only species that drinks the milk of another animal

uggh, i'll take almond or coconut milk thank you very much

25. Yeah I tend to toggle my insulin to create anabolism. One major shot a day is not going to cause me a problem if I keep levels low - normal the rest of the day.
    Current Training Log -

26. Lats and traps today

Decided to go hard and fast today all sets with less than a minute rest.

Smith machine dead stop row 8x8-10 changing grip every few
    Chin up 2x5
    One arm cable row 4x8-10
    Hammer strength high row FST7

Hammer strength shrug started with 4 plates a side worked down doing strip sets. (4 plates dropped a plate for superset until I got to one plate)
    DB shrugs 3 sec hold 3x10
    Smith machine shrugs giant set of 40 reps

Another great workout. My go to work Pre work out. Left over coffee mixed with my chocolate protein did the trick.

27. Beasting Baby!
    Current Training Log -

28. The last few sessions have been awesome. It's to bad baseball season starts Friday.

29. Diet

Prot. 280g, carbs 150g, fat 130g

30. Diet

Prot. 280g, carbs 150g, fat 130g
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
  2. Full Andro-Series Run
    By R4in in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 04:59 PM