Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    we all know where i sit on the issue of dairy

no grown man should be drinking milk from a cow
    Ageeed not a child, my son did not drink milk and I've never seen such strong bones and joints. He was a beast when he was ballin...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Wow, so much to comment on that I forgot what I wanted to say. Diet wise yeah the lawyers that came up with the food pyramid should be bitch slapped. I like Myfitnesspal as a diet tracker but if you let them set up your diet it is like 65-70% carbs. I can't even entertain that idea... I have type 2 diabetes running rampant in my family...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Well Kleen if you keep resistance training on your life you should be fine. I'm waiting to see how long it takes doctors to realize the importance on resistance training for diabetics.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Ageeed not a child, my son did not drink milk and I've never seen such strong bones and joints. He was a beast when he was ballin...
    yes
    i've said it before, but ponder..

humans are the ONLY species that drink milk into adulthood
    we are also the only species that drinks the milk of another animal

uggh, i'll take almond or coconut milk thank you very much
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah I tend to toggle my insulin to create anabolism. One major shot a day is not going to cause me a problem if I keep levels low - normal the rest of the day.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Lats and traps today

Decided to go hard and fast today all sets with less than a minute rest.

Smith machine dead stop row 8x8-10 changing grip every few
    Chin up 2x5
    One arm cable row 4x8-10
    Hammer strength high row FST7

Hammer strength shrug started with 4 plates a side worked down doing strip sets. (4 plates dropped a plate for superset until I got to one plate)
    DB shrugs 3 sec hold 3x10
    Smith machine shrugs giant set of 40 reps

Another great workout. My go to work Pre work out. Left over coffee mixed with my chocolate protein did the trick.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Beasting Baby!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

The last few sessions have been awesome. It's to bad baseball season starts Friday.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Diet

Prot. 280g, carbs 150g, fat 130g
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Diet

Prot. 280g, carbs 150g, fat 130g
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    The last few sessions have been awesome. It's to bad baseball season starts Friday.
    Really, that sounds so strange with us in a deep freeze.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

-20 below here last night, indeed

spring training babay! is why god created arizona and florida for those venues lol

13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

South Texas. Woke up to 60 and up to 77 today. We get to start baseball early. I know up North Baseball doesn't start for a month or two. Some places don't start until after spring.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Shoulders and bis

Standing press worked up to 185x5 today. 1 rep PR
    Standing over/under press with 95 lbs. these set my shoulders on fire
    Defranco shoulder saver routine 3 sets
    Rear laterals 3x10-12

Hammer pinwheel curl 3x8(60s), 1x6(65)
    Standing alternating DB curl w/40s lost track how many sets
    Just started dropping weight and tryin to pump up the bicep the rest I the time

I hate training biceps. Such a weak muscle.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

185 is no joke on standing press, I have not been able to hit that for years. Fuggin shoulders
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Yesterday was a rest day. Kept carbs at 100 grams, protein 250g, and fat 96g
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

185x5..movin on up the ladder..yeahh buddy

~2300cals on off day eh - you going for some fat-loss now?

trying to get a feel for your goals..
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Well I wanted to eat more. Had a late meeting with umpires. Went to a restaurant and power went out right before I was going to order.

I am attempting to lean out slowly. I'm already bulked up. Trying to keep calories just south of 3000 and Carbs below 300. I figured on my off day I would keep carbs down to ~100g. On Saturday I might do a good refeed. My strength has improved since tracking my macros and getting more carbs in.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

okay gotchya, as i was thinking
    3k might be a tad low, you're a big guy..
    for comparison, i have moved my minimum cal threshhold to 3k (and may yet have to go to 3250), as i have noticed recently too drastic comp/weight reaction to my 2850 days
    for comparison, my high/active days are sitting at 4250 (and i may yet bump those up!)..
    and - i am sitting @202lbs upon rising, pretty lean

2300cals tho, mmm dunno man, seems way to low for you, imo
    no problem with the 100g carb low-activity day, just bump protein and (maybe) fats, more cals overall..
    my .02
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks...i have been trying. I've been so used to the way I eat. And probably not getting enough cals has been a common theme. That is why I am tracking them. Have gotten better at getting extra cals during the day that I wasn't getting before. I keep forgetting to take my coconut oil to work to drink with my coffee. It is a huge help. Also like to spike my protein with coffee and olive oil. Again....thanks for the critique. It really helps. I have taken your previous advice as well. I appreciate the help.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

My basic level would be around 2300 then I add in my activity on top of that which has me at around an average of 3200 depending on how much activity I add. This is about maintenance for me. When I want to lose some I just adjust my basic numbers slightly. My spreadsheet automatically adjusts al the numbers.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

right DW - 2300 w/o activity for you (slower metabolism than i), and you at <200lbs..we are on the same page here..
    caleb @235, and tho younger than me i will still prolly surmise slower metabolsim than me
    my metabolism is just outrageous, ever since i began manipulating hormones on fairly low level, my set-point has increased in a hyooge way..
    is really quite amazing (had me worried for awhile in fact LOL)
    even in pct, i remain on fire -- and maintenance needs to continually be adjusted for me

these spreadsheets seem to be helpful tool for you guys, tho i have never used one myself..simply self-monitoring and paying very close attention to the changes in my body
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

right DW - 2300 w/o activity for you (slower metabolism than i), and you at <200lbs..we are on the same page here..
    caleb @235, and tho younger than me i will still prolly surmise slower metabolsim than me
    my metabolism is just outrageous, ever since i began manipulating hormones on faily low level, my set-point has increased in a hyooge way..
    is really quite amazing (had me worried for awhile in fact LOL)
    even in pct, i remain on fire -- and maintenance needs to continually be adjusted for me

these spreadsheets seem to be helpful tool for you guys, tho i have never used one myself..simply self-monitoring and paying very close attention to the changes in my body
    Yah it's amazing what I have been able to do, I have created my own spreadsheet that tracks my weekly intake then tells me how much I have left for my refeed day. I just put in my basic rate and update my intake and activity on a daily basis and it calculates how much I have on top of what I can eat for that day. If I still have left over cals or overdo it on my refeed I just carry that deficit or surplus over into the next week and it automatically makes the adjustments. I have only done it in a basic spreadsheet but I can use analytics software to creat all kinds of wild stuff. I have calculations that alter the reslults and then adjust the factors till have a correct number based on results. That's like chaos theory, it doesn't matter of the numbers are all right but it is the fact that you have the right amounts in the end. That's how analytics works. It's amazing how accurate you can get a plan to work.

The spreadsheet is mickey mouse, some day I will develop a database of analytical properties that will be simple for anyone to use and tell them exactly what they need to do to get to their goals. You will be able to track macros based on results, you will have optimum levels and that becomes your plan but you will be able to tweak it on a daily basis so even you will be able to benefit. Analytics are all about agility and flexibility that's why the more variables the greater chances of accuracy. I love this stuff, it doesn't matter if you are right about your assuptions but it will eventually give you the correct assumptions. This is the wave of modern thinking that will take us into the future.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

wow..another thread today in which i state - i feel so old-fashioned

ahh, bottom line is whatever works for you eh?
    truly does sound crazy how you describe it, but i cannot fathom working my own variables/shuffling into any preset algorithmic equations
    just mind-boggling, to imagine
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

This might be a bit confusing so I will use a very simple scenario that I am using right now. 1 have a calories allowed on workout days and cals allowed on burn days. I have one factor a valid activity factor and that factor is the percentage of my activity that actually is added to my diet based on the calories I have burned. Right now the factor is .8 or 80%. Now I have been able to matain my weight exactly almost using these 3 criteria.

Whose to say though that the factor is right or the percieved calories are. I could certainly come up with the same answer by increasing the factor and decreasing my base amonts right. Which is right ? Let me tell you the answer ...

It doesn't fuggin Matter!! I have a spreadsheet that tells me exactly what the fug to do to maintain my fuggin weight. Now think if I started taking body comp measurement and monitoring my macros and added more factors. I could do the same for precise body compositon criteria I could add factors for what I am cycling what supps I was fuggin using. This if fuggin money baby!!!!
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

wow..another thread today in which i state - i feel so old-fashioned

ahh, bottom line is whatever works for you eh?
    truly does sound crazy how you describe it, but i cannot fathom working my own variables/shuffling into any preset algorithmic equations
    just mind-boggling, to imagine
    Yah that's where the progaming comes in. I have to make it so the instructions for using it make it easy for people to do it. I create the factors you just play wtih them till you get things right. The key is to be able to display enough factors to ensure accuracy. It's all on me not to worry...
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

ahaaa, okay..diffrent strokes/diffrent folks, and certainly makes it sound easy my friend
    me - i don't want a computer to tell me what i need to do. that way, would just seem to take the fun out of it, and (to me) seems like you would lose the intuitive factor of knowing & understanding your body..(of course, the flip side is that, if you don't already know your body, what you describe perhaps would be useful tool in figuring out your BMR and things of that nature, and adjustments from there)

we just come at it from diffrent angles and schools of thought, is all

i started way back in the day, taking basic X amount of cals/lb of bw, and monitored bw..
    then, i distinguised from just X amount of cals, to those same # of cals - but different macro constructions..
    lastly of course (i'm making this very generic indeed and only discussing BMR arena right now, not considering factors such as varying activity etc..whole lot to this actually) - i distinguished the difference with same #s in previous parameters -- only i monitored micronutrient construction of those macros, and of course that left me with a whole new understanding from what i had learned previously..
    and all that was just to figure out bmr! then i next had to figure how account for activity..

i dunno man, it was very long process (in fact i still learn), but half of the enjoyment of figuring out how to model my composition & growth, was the journey itself, learning and self-discovery. the human component, if you will
    i can honestly say, had i not learned very basic stuff about myself first, i would not have the understanding i feel i have today of nutrutional factors in general

i can certainly see application for what you describe..just hard to teach an old dog new tricks sometimes
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

oh doug (sry caleb blowing up your thread, wait til you get back and see this huh? lol) - the other thing is, i don't really have too much variation in my diet, on a general scale. i mean for the most part, i eat from a certain set of choices within food groups and don't stray too often
    so, i been doing this long enuff that i can look at a plate of my foods and, knowing portions i've used, i already know how many cals (and breakdown of those cals) i am ingesting. if i'm keeping track (like i am currently) i simply write the # on a dry erase board i have on my fridge, and boom there's my total for the day
    so again, context is everything here - i'm not the average guy when it comes to eating, pretty simple

it's funny tho - on rare occasions when i am eating out, in my head (it's subconscious!) i am tabulating and guesstimating the cals i am eating, and just roughly pegging what i think macros are (of course this is very hard to do - esp with fats at some places)..i am always thinking about the number of calories i am consuming, even on cheat meals/days..it's just how my mind works!

what i will say about these "menu calorie charts" at some of these fast-food places tho..WOW
    if you are relying on those things to be accurate -- especially in the macro breakdown department -- you have already lost the battle.
    those things are FAR from accurate
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Blowing up my thread man. It's ok I thought you guys froze your balls off the last two days. Was pretty quiet in here.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

my one good eyeball was frozen - from my house
    no joke
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Fast and furious today

Today is usually my deadlift day. I've decided to cycle deadlift to every other week. This week I did good morning in their place.

Worked up to 255x5. Form started to breakdown so I dropped down to 185x8 then again 135x10. Got a good back and hip pump and hams feeling a good stretch.
    Leg curls 66x20,88x15,100x10,120x5. Then dropped down doing partials. 40 total partial reps. Hams were burning
    DB stiff DL 60x10x3, strict form no knee bend, great stretch

25 min HIIT on treadmill
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

One perk about living in Deep South Texas.

Screaming hot salsa
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

i like hot, nice!

(food pic coming shortly in my thread..eating it right now)
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Time to trim the beast. Getting hard to eat and drink without a straw.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Protein 300 g, carb 200 g, fat 156g

3300 cals
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

FEAR THE BEARD!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I look much younger today with a trimmed beard. Every time I shave and let it grow back the grey creeps in heavier. I found a few grey chest hairs to. Good thing I keep it trimmed.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Every time I shave and let it grow back the grey creeps in heavier. I found a few grey chest hairs to.
    oh i'm not even hearing that shyte man
    i popped my first gray when i was a friggin teenager
    was just a stress gray, but man they came on strong in my 30s..beard is all flecked with gray if i let grow, chin almost solid now
    but i think i'll be one of those guys that gets the perfect amount of gray/dark mix on my head and then it'll stop, and looks wise and sexy

39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Most Interesting Man...
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Yah girl friend was picking grey hairs out of my head when I was 17...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 12:43 PM
  2. Full Andro-Series Run
    By R4in in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 02:59 PM
  3. 1-Andro Rx+Epistane=nice light run?
    By Blacktail in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
  4. Running 1-Andro mildly stacked with Primal Male/Activate/ATD ?
    By mdgrwl in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 11:44 PM
  5. 1, 4 andro
    By scotty2 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-10-2002, 08:34 PM