Calebsmittys 1-Andro Run

Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
  1. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    My weight has dropped 5 lbs. since I ended 1-Andro. I am at a waking weight of 235. I don't look as full and swole as before. I love being big. I'm going to bump up carbs in the evenings for a while to keep muscles fueled. Still following CBL style IF. No food until 12 noon and then no carbs. Carbs start pre workout and post workout. Protein still at an average of 200g.

  2. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    My weight has dropped 5 lbs. since I ended 1-Andro. I am at a waking weight of 235. I don't look as full and swole as before. I love being big. I'm going to bump up carbs in the evenings for a while to keep muscles fueled. Still following CBL style IF. No food until 12 noon and then no carbs. Carbs start pre workout and post workout. Protein still at an average of 200g.
    i don't like this for you!
    (just my .02)
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  3. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,571
    Rep Power
    737261
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    64.62%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Protein seems a tad, I think a average about 250 ed at 40% of my diet if that helps.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Protein seems a tad, I think a average about 250 ed at 40% of my diet if that helps.
    yeah that's one thing
    i'm a hi-protein kinda guy myself, never go below 1g per lb of bw, always usually 1.5g or more daily, and currently ~2g/lb daily
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  5. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    I don't count macros fr the most part. I couldn't tell you exact numbers. I know I get at least 50 g for lunch. Where I slack is mid afternoon. I try to get a shake of 50 g around three before athletics. Sometimes I don't sometimes I do. Dinner is always 30-40 g and a PWO shake of 50g.

    This past week my protein goal has been 250 G protein. 200-300 g carbs. And keep fat from good sources. My fat intake is never very high.

    My schedule does not make it easy. I work long hours and I'm in the classroom most of the day. Eating 5-6 meals just isn't possible. In the summer it is but not in season.
  6. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    i'm not criticizing, my friend. and i hear your dilemma..
    just conversing my thoughts. you know what i think about fasting in general i think..and CBL, not a fan, AT ALL -- esp the way you described it to me elsewhere.
    these types of plans go against everything i hold to be true and conducive to building muscle and maintaining controlled bf% levels, period.
    i'm not insistent on a set number of meal plans daily, that is not my main platform of ideology, and i won't tell you you will be better off eating X # of meals/feedings daily (altho for me, i enjoy eating 6x daily)

    however, all that said............
    when someone says "i just can't get feedings in" i say, nonsense
    there are many things you can do for ease of feeding.

    liquid meals: protein shakes, w/ oats and PB or other goodies..
    quick meals: canned tuna, with veggies or an apple..
    meals packed from home: PB sandwich w/ natty PB, sugar-free jam and good 15-grain bread or Ezekiel, again with fruit or something quick on-the-go..
    chicken breast/rice combo (a fav of many ppl), made up on a sunday for the week and packaged into individual serving containers..

    many, many different and easy ways to eat on the go
    i do it myself, when i travel
    can't do it every single feeding, every single day, sure. but you can sure make it consistent enuff to accomplish your goals and fit your lifestyle.

    (and for everything else, there's always Subway..just remember the foot-long is really 11")
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  7. Elite Member
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,313
    Rep Power
    1977798
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    5.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    i'm not criticizing, my friend. and i hear your dilemma..
    just conversing my thoughts. you know what i think about fasting in general i think..and CBL, not a fan, AT ALL -- esp the way you described it to me elsewhere.
    these types of plans go against everything i hold to be true and conducive to building muscle and maintaining controlled bf% levels, period.
    i'm not insistent on a set number of meal plans daily, that is not my main platform of ideology, and i won't tell you you will be better off eating X # of meals/feedings daily (altho for me, i enjoy eating 6x daily)

    however, all that said............
    when someone says "i just can't get feedings in" i say, nonsense
    there are many things you can do for ease of feeding.

    liquid meals: protein shakes, w/ oats and PB or other goodies..
    quick meals: canned tuna, with veggies or an apple..
    meals packed from home: PB sandwich w/ natty PB, sugar-free jam and good 15-grain bread or Ezekiel, again with fruit or something quick on-the-go..
    chicken breast/rice combo (a fav of many ppl), made up on a sunday for the week and packaged into individual serving containers..

    many, many different and easy ways to eat on the go
    i do it myself, when i travel
    can't do it every single feeding, every single day, sure. but you can sure make it consistent enuff to accomplish your goals and fit your lifestyle.

    (and for everything else, there's always Subway..just remember the foot-long is really 11")
    Brb going to subway to measure a foot long in front of them there lol

    Deff agree with this man if your having trouble getting your cals lower the leanness of your meat when I bulk I eat 85/15 beef n when I cut it's 93/7 those little tweaks certainly help...now eat and enjoy your awesome FF products bro
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  8. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Snag I appreciate criticism. I would rather someon tell me they don't agree than blow smoke up my ass.

    I admit I typically don't make time to eat enough. I make efforts. This year my school decreased lunch time to 25 min and it has forced me to Pre plan lunch. Saved a lot if money to. I am making more of an effort to get meals in. I still get in 3 to 4 feeding a day just not on the conventional way. I know CBL goes agains conventional thought but I would encourage you to go to the website dangerouslyhardcore.com and read a little. I could email my copy of the book as well. Deeply rooted in science.

    Criticism is motivation that makes me work harder and get my **** straight.
  9. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Chest and tri

    Smith machine decline bench(slight decline)
    Did this without lockout keeping constant tension worked up up weight to 115 on each side then on last set dropped down over four drops each drop to near fail.
    DB incline 60x10,70x8,80x6,60x8,60x5
    Cable cross over FST7
    Decline Hammer with medium band 4xamap

    Machine tri ext. 4x10 with dropsets
    Single arm ext. 2x10 each arm
    Rope ext. 2x run the rack

    25 min HIIT on treadmill

    Great workout today not as much power or pump as before but really good
  10. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    always glad to share. if the industry had more ppl willing to take time to share ideas freely (without their own agendas), we would have so much more understanding i think..

    as for 'science' - well i like science, but i do not rely solely on it nor will i ever
    some science is based (once again) on agendas..

    and, always remember: science may look good in a textbook, but the BODY is not a textbook!
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  11. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Food intake so far

    Coffee with tablespoon coconut oil
    Pre workout super pump maxx, 5g creatine, 5 g beta alanine
    Isopure 40 g Prot. Periworkout
    Post workout protein with 5 g creatine, 8 g Leucine
    Club sandwich on wheat with mayo(30g Prot)
  12. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    always glad to share. if the industry had more ppl willing to take time to share ideas freely (without their own agendas), we would have so much more understanding i think..

    as for 'science' - well i like science, but i do not rely solely on it nor will i ever
    some science is based (once again) on agendas..

    and, always remember: science may look good in a textbook, but the BODY is not a textbook!
    Yeah what I do like about Keifer is his background is science not training. A lot of people I respect believe in his ideas while they don't all follow because it might not be for them he is well respected. Along with John Meadows who has similar principles.

    I was an RD. planned to make it my career but found out how much was BS. I read about nutrition constantly. Which may just confuse me.

    If you would like the carb Backloading book let me know. It really is a good read whether you agree with everything in it is besides the point.
  13. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Update pic in PCT

    And a pic for snags. I'm listening. 4 free range eggs, grass fed butter, two slices whole wheat with all natural strawberry jam

    Well food pic didn't load.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  14. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Update pic. 235 @ 6ft
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  15. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,928
    Rep Power
    4672979
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    So what are the over all goals now and beyond PCT? Maintain, lean up, continue to try to gain lean mass? You have a good amount of size would look huge ripped up.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  16. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    a pic for snags. I'm listening. 4 free range eggs, grass fed butter, two slices whole wheat with all natural strawberry jam
    dude i think you are looking great actually!
    when you say you 'like to be big' i understand, trust me..you feel large & in charge
    clothes can hide the bad stuff lol..
    appearance-wise, you LOOK even bigger, when you have a lil more shape and contour to that large frame - even if you are 5lbs or whatever lighter
    w/o clothes - you look even bigger!

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    You have a good amount of size would look huge ripped up.
    see? Kleen think so too

    first time i noticed this was way back in the day, my buddy always strolled around 225ish, good size but was carrying some fat.
    i dint see him for awhile, he went on a contest prep..next time i saw him, i was in shock.
    dude was just mammoth! i asked him how much he had gained (was a lil naive back in those days lol)..
    he laffed. said man, i weigh 190, just lost 35lbs!
    was chiseled and mean-looking..set me off on a lifetime course of seeking how to make the most of my body shape/image
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  17. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,702
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Week 1 Pics for comparison<img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 352"/>
    I love how working my lower body makes my upper body grow so much but my legs still look small in comparison *rolls eyes*...calves, legs hard as hell for me to build
  18. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    You know I always thought my legs were skinny. They can always be bigger but for 6ft I feel out 36 jeans. I just have a critical opinion of myself. I always think I can be bigger.

    I have 18 in arms but my torso makes them look small.
  19. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    So what are the over all goals now and beyond PCT? Maintain, lean up, continue to try to gain lean mass? You have a good amount of size would look huge ripped up.
    To be honest I have no clue where I want to go. I'd steering to leaning up. Would like to be a lean 220.
  20. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    dude i think you are looking great actually!
    when you say you 'like to be big' i understand, trust me..you feel large & in charge
    clothes can hide the bad stuff lol..
    appearance-wise, you LOOK even bigger, when you have a lil more shape and contour to that large frame - even if you are 5lbs or whatever lighter
    w/o clothes - you look even bigger!

    see? Kleen think so too

    first time i noticed this was way back in the day, my buddy always strolled around 225ish, good size but was carrying some fat.
    i dint see him for awhile, he went on a contest prep..next time i saw him, i was in shock.
    dude was just mammoth! i asked him how much he had gained (was a lil naive back in those days lol)..
    he laffed. said man, i weigh 190, just lost 35lbs!
    was chiseled and mean-looking..set me off on a lifetime course of seeking how to make the most of my body shape/image
    I love being the biggest or one of the biggest guys in the gym.
  21. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,702
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    You know I always thought my legs were skinny. They can always be bigger but for 6ft I feel out 36 jeans. I just have a critical opinion of myself. I always think I can be bigger.

    I have 18 in arms but my torso makes them look small.
    Idk my arms are a little over 16 at the moment and quads are 25. I weigh 170 not sure what my profile says I'm using phone app can't access profile.
  22. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    I love being the biggest or one of the biggest guys in the gym.
    i know this

    i never had that problem haha
    even tho everyone tells me dude you are huge!
    i know the reality is -- i am 5-9 and 200lbs (give ot take a few lbs at any given moment)
    that is a far cry from big. i've trained with monsters, stood next to guys who are say 6-5 and 250lbs lean -- those guys are animals
    Jay Cutler (who i am slightly taller than actually) was guest poser at one of my shows, got a pic of me & him together somewhere in posing trunks -- i am an ant

    there will always be someone bigger
    but - not a lot have my kind of body composition, and size combined
    it is a nice niche

    hey btw - coconut oil in your coffee huh? interesting!
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  23. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Yeah. Use in protein shakes to sometimes. Great flavor and good healthy fat source.

    5'9" at 200 and lean is pretty damn big if you wanted to you easily be 225-230.

    My gym is pretty weak on serious lifters. Most work arms and traps religiously but little else. You can count on someone doing shrugs daily. Very few squat or DL and of those even less do them properly or with any significant weight.

    I'm by know means a monster or even hyooge but where I train I'm one of the bigger lifters. Now just need to get leaner to show the muscles off.
  24. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    My gym is pretty weak on serious lifters. Most work arms and traps religiously but little else. You can count on someone doing shrugs daily. Very few squat or DL and of those even less do them properly or with any significant weight.
    heyyyy..i know that gym!

    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  25. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Quads and calves

    Squats - worked up to a PR 425x5. I felt great and if I had a spot might have attempted 7. Weight flew up even at 425. Almost mad at myself for not going for extra.
    One leg squat (on hammer strength squat machine) 4x10
    Hack squat on smith machine 4x10 (30 s rest)
    Leg ext FST7 (finished all sets)

    Superset seated and standing calve raises (no rest) 60 straight reps

    Felt great today strongest since cycle. I attribute this to my squat and DL strategy. One week hard and heavy the next week lighter and high volume. I only free squat once every two weeks. Keeps me fresh.
  26. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Two books I've been reading some of you guys might be interested in. Good read and very informative.

    Author Gary Taubes

    "Good calories, bad calories"
    "Why people get fat"

    Both are eye opening.
  27. New Member
    rhizome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    19442
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    62.97%

    Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Two books I've been reading some of you guys might be interested in. Good read and very informative.

    Author Gary Taubes

    "Good calories, bad calories"
    "Why people get fat"

    Both are eye opening.
    Taubes is the Kevin Trudeau of nutrition.

    He's a storyteller who picks & chooses his own selection from the body of evidence to fit his gripping tale. GCBC is what happens when you mix cherry-picked science with fantasy & fiction.

    Don't get bamboozled by his quackary.
  28. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    lol
    rhizome, is there anything in this realm of bodybuilding, that you find to have no agendized basis?

    i do not diagree with you here, at all
    (is why i don't read 'nutrition' books anymore, stopped long ago)

    but it seems you enjoy pointing out these flawed things a lil too much
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  29. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Well he admittedly says he is a reporter. So he researches an reports. I see no problem with researching one side and telling the story never told. Much like dietary standards which we all probably agree are wrong. Yet they are still shoved down our throats. That is also very biased based on a handful of individuals and faulty anecdotal science.

    Taubes never claims to be a nutrition expert he merely attempts to shed light on the bull**** being fed to us. Like the idea you can eat carbs freely and at will but fat is bad. Aren't we still being told to limit fat and cholesterol and not carbs? I call bull****.
  30. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Total calories today 3100. Prot. 289 g, carbs 229, fat 123g.

    Probably going to add another snack I'm still hungry. Haven't had be bedtime protein shake yet.
  31. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Like the idea you can eat carbs freely and at will but fat is bad.
    i don't hear that, myself
    Aren't we still being told to limit fat and cholesterol and not carbs?
    no not really
    maybe in the 70s bro
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  32. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    I spent years in college studying to be a dietitian. The national nutrition standards are so out of whack its amazing. Actually the bodybuilding community has been on the cutting edge of nutrition since way before Arnold. It's to bad the government didn't listen.

    Sorry for rant. I used to try to get diabetics to eat right lift weights,etc. it was frustrating which is why I'm a coach now. People actually listen now.
  33. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    More pointed toward the medical community and government.
  34. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    The national nutrition standards are so out of whack its amazing. Actually the bodybuilding community has been on the cutting edge of nutrition since way before Arnold.
    agree to a point
    even within the bodybuilding community, you have no definitive platform where everyone agrees on certain principles
    look at the conversations we have had regarding IF, for example..yet, a large segment of he 'industry' practices this w/o a clue as to what they are doing, or a true understanding of what it really entails
    monkey-see monkey-do does not equal 'cutting edge'
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  35. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    Fair enough. Two sides of a coin I guess.
  36. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,571
    Rep Power
    737261
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    64.62%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    One thing I have been able to establish. People are very different and should eat for who they are. For instance I am so much more efficient as a fast and gorge eater because a) it suits my lifestyle b) it conforms to my body type and c) it suits my goals.

    I would not however recommend it for a less efficient body type. Some people need frequent eating some don't. An efficient body type (endo) gets a lot more out of what he eats and it tends to sustain him for a lot longer. He does not need to take in large amounts to gain mass and has a tendency towards larger meals. Content still needs to be good though.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  37. New Member
    calebsmitty's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    55272
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%

    True DW. But what I was getting at is more geared toward my frustration with government and medical health and nutrition standards. Most normal people don't do the research or experiment to see what works. They only know what their doctor ( who knows little to nothing of nutrition) or government tells them. This is where I was coming from. That is why I feel I wasted years of my life studying dietetics. Carry on.

    Have a great day.
  38. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    what I was getting at is more geared toward my frustration with government and medical health and nutrition standards. Most normal people don't do the research or experiment to see what works. They only know what their doctor ( who knows little to nothing of nutrition) or government tells them. This is where I was coming from. That is why I feel I wasted years of my life studying dietetics.
    agreed, and understand you stance caleb

    the problem here - well, do i really have to say anything about the govt standards for nutrition?
    they can't even figure out other issues that are more pertinent to gvmt, let alone what foods one should eat

    same with the traditional textbook in schooling, and the generic term of institutional 'nutrition' courses

    but understand man - these are simply guidelines of minimum standards, meant to keep the average couch potato from developing third-world diseases and disorders like rickets, or scurvy..nothing more

    certainly not geared to anyone who wants to increase the size of their muscles..or lead an active lifestyle..or make changes in their body comp..
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  39. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,571
    Rep Power
    737261
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    64.62%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Another thing we have to consider that there is a very large confiict of interest for things like Dairy etc.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  40. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,789
    Rep Power
    1147599
    Level
    106
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Another thing we have to consider that there is a very large confiict of interest for things like Dairy etc.
    we all know where i sit on the issue of dairy

    no grown man should be drinking milk from a cow
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 01:43 PM
  2. Full Andro-Series Run
    By R4in in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM
  3. 1-Andro Rx+Epistane=nice light run?
    By Blacktail in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 11:30 AM
  4. Running 1-Andro mildly stacked with Primal Male/Activate/ATD ?
    By mdgrwl in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 12:44 AM
  5. 1, 4 andro
    By scotty2 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-10-2002, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in