Calebsmittys 1-Andro Run

calebsmitty

Awards
I thought I would try to log my cycle on here. I have gotten some good info from other logs so I thought I would return the favor.

My run:

1-Andro: 2 caps first two weeks, 4 caps thru week 6. (Six Week Run)
550-XD : 2 caps starting week 4 and ending week 7
PCT Black: Starting Week 6. May begin taking one cap at night starting week 2
Pure Test: 4 caps week 5 and week 6, 6 caps starting week 7 through week 10

I just started week 2 on Andro. Nothing of note to report. I have some weight gain most likely from adding Carbs to diet not from PH.

At start of my run I was 220 lbs. at 6 ft. and now week 2 slightly over 225.

Diet will be Carb Back Loading for the most part depending on feel. Will increase carbs if feeling sluggish. I can usually push pretty hard low carb.

Training has been a 531 hybrid. Trying to increase my volume to let my muscles grow. I stick with 531 for main lifts. I have been steadily increasing volume.

My goal is to continue to gain lean mass and increase strength. I would be happy if I could lose some fat and increase definition without sacrificing strength. We all would i'm sure.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in!

I started seeing strength increases in the middle of week 2 (with 1-Alpha though), so it should kick in very soon :)

I like Wendler's 5/3/1 too, your strength will go through the roof with it!

calebsmitty

Awards
I've run 1Andro before with Halovar. Loved results, but gained way to much soft weight. Hoping to keep it lean.

calebsmitty

Awards
try to post torso pic. It is to large to post.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
I thought I would try to log my cycle on here. I have gotten some good info from other logs so I thought I would return the favor.

My run:

1-Andro: 2 caps first two weeks, 4 caps thru week 6. (Six Week Run)
550-XD : 2 caps starting week 4 and ending week 7
PCT Black: Starting Week 6. May begin taking one cap at night starting week 2
Pure Test: 4 caps week 5 and week 6, 6 caps starting week 7 through week 10

I just started week 2 on Andro. Nothing of note to report. I have some weight gain most likely from adding Carbs to diet not from PH.

At start of my run I was 220 lbs. at 6 ft. and now week 2 slightly over 225.

Diet will be Carb Back Loading for the most part depending on feel. Will increase carbs if feeling sluggish. I can usually push pretty hard low carb.

Training has been a 531 hybrid. Trying to increase my volume to let my muscles grow. I stick with 531 for main lifts. I have been steadily increasing volume.

My goal is to continue to gain lean mass and increase strength. I would be happy if I could lose some fat and increase definition without sacrificing strength. We all would i'm sure.
Thanks for logging, just got done with my 1-andro run and am currently in PCT. I love it.

calebsmitty

Awards
Training yesterday

Squats worked up to 315 x 5. Then hit 255 x10 for three sets. One set at 185 x 15. Legs were toast.
Milt. Press 4 x 12. @ 115
DB stiff DL 4 x 12 @ 90 lb DB each hand

I had nothing left. Didn't eat much no energy.

Today
Pull-ups 40 reps total
Floor press 4 x 10. 205
DB curl. 4 x 12 35
Skull crushers 4 x 12. 85
Barbell curl with fat grips. 4 x 10. 70
Rev curl. 25 rep finisher

Finishing up a 4 week arm emphasis routine.

calebsmitty

Awards
Day 10. My strength is good but I'm attributing that to my change in diet. Added carbs have helped. Nothing to report as of yet. I don't feel much yet.

Only side I can mention so far is Lethargy in the mornings. Just feel more tired than usual upon waking. But can't say for sure if that is from 1-Andro.

calebsmitty

Awards
Today was first day I felt something. Not sure if andro is kicking in. Felt a good pump today doing high volume HIIT on my off day. I've slacked on conditioning.

Workout was light high volume intended to ramp up my heart rate.

Flat bench. 10x10 concentrated on moving weight fast 30-45 sec rest interval
Dead/curl/press 4x8
Lat raise 100 reps
Shrugs. 50 reps

calebsmitty

Awards
Woke up tight and sore today. The high rep stuff always gets me. I feel tight and pumped this morning. I'm guessing Andro is kicking in. I bump it up to 4 a day this Sunday. I'm hoping to be on a role by then. Still trying to figure out my training. Havn't made a definitive decision.

My idea is to continue with 531 for big movement. Hit everything else for hypertrophy. My split is out of wack though due to 531 split. Work in progress.

calebsmitty

Awards
Every morning I feel so groggy like I took a sleeping pill the night before.

Did not train yesterday. Had alot of soreness so I took the day off. I felt like my muscles were full and pumped without training. The Andro is kicking in. I'm looking forward to training today.

I've decided to follow a 5 Day Powerbuilding split for the duration. I usually stick to 3 or 4 day splits but want to get the most out of the rapid recovery. Ive decided to follow my 531 numbers for the power portion of this split. This should allow me to continue building and maintaining my strength while still adding size. I will adjust as needed.

Chest/Triceps
Back/Traps
Quads/Calves
Shoulders/Biceps
Deadlift/Hamstrings

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
huh, still lethargy in the mornings..strange.
let's see if it adjusts.

calebsmitty

Awards
Yeah it shakes off after about 10 minutes by the time i'm on the road I'm fine. Even with 8 hours of sleep. It might be my body recovering from football season. When you spend several months on fumes and then your body have the ability to relax it has a hard time bouncing back. I always get sick right at the end of football season. Like my body was waiting.

Snags...i'm still on the fence on training. I'm stuck in the middle of strength vs. growth. I have been doing 531 so long it is easy to program but I'm considering taking a different approach. I have played with a MountainDog Program in the past. I'm thinking I might ditch 531 for a few months and try a differnt approach. Have any opinions?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Snags...i'm still on the fence on training. I'm stuck in the middle of strength vs. growth. I have been doing 531 so long it is easy to program but I'm considering taking a different approach. I have played with a MountainDog Program in the past. I'm thinking I might ditch 531 for a few months and try a differnt approach. Have any opinions?
no, not really. :shrug: sorry man.
i mean it all depends on your own goals. i know there are quite a few 'popular' programs out there, but i only know a few by name, and really only rely on very basic principles for growth myself. i don't ascribe to any one 'program' out there, neither for myself nor my trainees.
if you wanted to go with 531 i'm sure you would do well, it's a solid approach.

calebsmitty

Awards
Very true. Basically trying to figure that out. I like to have a plan and adjust from there.

calebsmitty

Awards
Definitely feeling a pump today. Worked chest and triceps. Felt tight and strong.

Bench 531, worked up to 255 on my last set of 5 and hit it for 10 reps. Better than I have done in a while.
Incline 4 x 10-12 with 135.
Slight decline DB bench 4 x 6-8
Cable cross over 40 total reps one giant set
Close grip with slight incline 3 x 5-6 205, 1 drop 135
Machine tri extension 3 x 10, 1 drop on final set
Tri press down 100 total reps

calebsmitty

Awards
Diet update. Have been increasing carbs with lunch and dinner. Not following strict Carb Backloading. Carbs before training and after and. Some simple carbs if I feel flat. Protein at 200+ grams. Fat about 100 grams. Carbs at about 250 grams. Less on non training days. I'm going to increase my calories steadily.

Supplements other than PH
Creatine 10-15 g
Leucine. 4-5 g
EFA. 5-8 g
Vit C. 4 mg
Vit D. 5000-10000 IU
Multi. Twice per day
Dextrose for post workout 40 g

calebsmitty

Awards
Not lethargic this morning. Woke up ready to train. Feeling tight and pumped. Weight up about 3 lbs. to 228.

Hit last and traps today

Bent Row 4 x 6 worked up to 185.
DB row. 4 x 10 first 2 sets meadow row with 75, last two reg DB row with 85
Lat pull down 3 x 10 extra wide grip
Machine row giant set 40 total reps
BB shrugs 2x 10 185
DB shrugs 2 x 10 90 with fatgripz

Feeling really good. Could have done double workouts. Strength is definitely increased.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Not lethargic this morning. Woke up ready to train. Feeling tight and pumped. Weight up about 3 lbs. to 228.

Feeling really good. Could have done double workouts. Strength is definitely increased.
:party:

that's what i'm talking bout.

calebsmitty

Awards
Weight 230 this morning. Start of week 3. 5 lb. increase. I bump up to 4 caps per day.

calebsmitty

Awards
Just picked up my meat. I killed a pig and a deer and had them ground together. So I have 100 lbs. of ground wild meat in my freezer.

calebsmitty

Awards
Weight 231 this morning. Bumped up 1-Andro to 4 caps per day. Started taking PCT Black 1 cap at night.

Hunger is crazy. I am keeping my intake under control but I could eat all day and still not be satisfied. I can see my I am much fuller visibly. Strength and intensity is much improved.

Used yesterday as a deload. Just did some interval sprints and 4 sets of Ab Rollouts.

calebsmitty

Awards
Quads and calves today.

Knee has felt like gravel since last squat session. Took longer to warm up.

Squats worked up to 365 x 5.
Felt I could have gone for 405 but decided to save it

Leg press 3 x 15. 3 second negative no lockout
Front squat 3 x 12 kept it light
Leg press giant set 40 reps

Standing calve raise 2 x 12 reduced weight and did two giant sets of 40

Legs were noodles

Energy was lacking. Not a great session. But I still got a lot out of it.

calebsmitty

Awards
Forgot to include

After las set of heavy squats I dropped down to 255 and hit 20 reps. Seeing stars after that. Didn't have to use much weight after that.

calebsmitty

Awards
Shoulders and Biceps

I was inspired by Kleen
Standing press 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 185x5, 135x10(I wanted to go for 195 but needed to leave some in the tank)
Difranco shoulder complex (front plate raise, DB clean n press, bent over row) done with 45 plate and 25 lb. DB
Lat Raise burnout 75 reps with15

Hammer pinwheel curl 55x6x4
Hammer curl 50x10
Barbell curl 65x10, 75x10, 75x10, 75x10, 45x20
DB curl 25x15, 25x12, 25x10

calebsmitty

Awards
Worst session yet since starting. Been fighting fatigue last two days. Thinking of picking up a PWO to help. Will be out of town this weekend so trying to get a bunch in before I leave. Probably just need a rest day.

Dead lift (no belt) 135x8, 225x8, 225x8, 275x8, 275x8, 315x5, 315x5
Stiff DL 225x10x3, 135 x 10x4 low and slow to get a good stretch
Glute bridge 135x10x4

I got it done. Wasn't happy about it but I grinded through it.

brisk

Awards
I only ran andro and I gained ~10lbs in 4 weeks. Strength sky rocketed. Endurance went up. Good results.

calebsmitty

Awards
Well I have not done much high volume in a few years. And it has been at least 8-10 years the last time I trained with a 5 day split. I haven't been this sore all over in a long time.

Just picked up a PWO. Superpump whatever called. Should help.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late but in...

calebsmitty

Awards
Nah the wife and I just went out to eat. The restaurant had a pound of brisket for 9 bucks. Can't beat that. I had jaw pumps from chewing.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good deal though...

calebsmitty

Awards
As ****ty as my training felt yesterday my hams and glutes are sore today.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As ****ty as my training felt yesterday my hams and glutes are sore today.
Might be overdoing it a bit. I know when a PH adds strength and endurance a lot of people burn out for a bit. You get it back when you rest up but it's hard on you. I have to be carefull when I go on in January. Take a page of of Snags book and train with purpose and try not to get carried away. I am talkiing to myself just as much as anybody else who may read this.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff, a nice mix of power building is something like DC or Dog Crapp training. looks like you are already using Widow Makers for your legs. HST 7 is a program that mixes heavy lifting with high volume that is supposed to be great for adding mass.

calebsmitty

Awards
I have been pushing this week hard and not resting because I will be out of town this weekend and will have a three day break. When I feel like I did yesterday I usually do what I did and that is reduce weight and reps. I didn't push myself to hard, kept reps at no more than 8 and kept total movements to a minimum. But I still felt I got something out of it. To change it up I'm going to put DL before squats in my split next week and continue switching them on a weekly basis.

calebsmitty

Awards
Kleen, I've been on 531 for a few years now so I have kept my major movements along the parameters of 531, 5s week. Mostly because I want to increase volume. I might shoot for 3s next week and up volume on accessories.

I have Josh Bryants book on Powerbuilding and got a few ideas there. I also use some of Meadows ideas for accessories and will try to change it up weekly. This week was mostly to see how I deal with the increased volume and extra training day. Sessions are shorter and more intense than my strictly 531 training so I'm loving that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Makes sense I just saw you asking Snags about it. THis is my first time doing the 531 and it is weird trying to get used to it compared the multiple bady part high intensity workouts I normally do. All of the resting and everything but I think it is working. We shall see in a month or two.

calebsmitty

Awards
531 definitely works. But it is a turtle race for sure. My first time through I went 9 cycles without stalling. But I was constantly gaining weight and pushing PRs. I got up to 260 with terrible work capacity but my major lifts were great. Only problem is I got short of breath doing Normal everyday stuff.

I dropped from 260 to 215 over one summer and football season and lost almost all my strength. I kept up with 531 taking breaks here and there.

Where I made a mistake is I did everything backwards. I should have stayed simple with 531 while cutting and done very little accessory work. I thought I could accelerate fat loss by increasing volume but I just got weak. I am now increasing volume while I also increase carbs and calories.

calebsmitty

Awards
Chest and Tris

Flat bench 531-5s. Worked up to 275x5. Had maybe two reps left but no spot so I didn't push it.
Hammer strength decline 4x12 (got a good squeeze).
Slight incline DB bench 4x10 (did these light with good stretch and squeeze)
Cable crossover - FST-7 (great pump after these, thanks for suggestion Kleen)

Triceps(rush job had to pick up son)
Dips BW - 10,8,7- 30 sec rest.
Tri ext machine 3 sets with 3 sec negative didn't count reps just went to failure. Very little rest between sets.

calebsmitty

Awards
Felt much better than yesterday. Long break this weekend.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That rest will have you banging next week :)