Calebsmittys 1-Andro Run

Page 10 of 15 First ... 89101112 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    wow..another thread today in which i state - i feel so old-fashioned

ahh, bottom line is whatever works for you eh?
    truly does sound crazy how you describe it, but i cannot fathom working my own variables/shuffling into any preset algorithmic equations
    just mind-boggling, to imagine
    Yah that's where the progaming comes in. I have to make it so the instructions for using it make it easy for people to do it. I create the factors you just play wtih them till you get things right. The key is to be able to display enough factors to ensure accuracy. It's all on me not to worry...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

2. ahaaa, okay..diffrent strokes/diffrent folks, and certainly makes it sound easy my friend
    me - i don't want a computer to tell me what i need to do. that way, would just seem to take the fun out of it, and (to me) seems like you would lose the intuitive factor of knowing & understanding your body..(of course, the flip side is that, if you don't already know your body, what you describe perhaps would be useful tool in figuring out your BMR and things of that nature, and adjustments from there)

we just come at it from diffrent angles and schools of thought, is all

i started way back in the day, taking basic X amount of cals/lb of bw, and monitored bw..
    then, i distinguised from just X amount of cals, to those same # of cals - but different macro constructions..
    lastly of course (i'm making this very generic indeed and only discussing BMR arena right now, not considering factors such as varying activity etc..whole lot to this actually) - i distinguished the difference with same #s in previous parameters -- only i monitored micronutrient construction of those macros, and of course that left me with a whole new understanding from what i had learned previously..
    and all that was just to figure out bmr! then i next had to figure how account for activity..

i dunno man, it was very long process (in fact i still learn), but half of the enjoyment of figuring out how to model my composition & growth, was the journey itself, learning and self-discovery. the human component, if you will
    i can honestly say, had i not learned very basic stuff about myself first, i would not have the understanding i feel i have today of nutrutional factors in general

i can certainly see application for what you describe..just hard to teach an old dog new tricks sometimes
    •   

3. oh doug (sry caleb blowing up your thread, wait til you get back and see this huh? lol) - the other thing is, i don't really have too much variation in my diet, on a general scale. i mean for the most part, i eat from a certain set of choices within food groups and don't stray too often
    so, i been doing this long enuff that i can look at a plate of my foods and, knowing portions i've used, i already know how many cals (and breakdown of those cals) i am ingesting. if i'm keeping track (like i am currently) i simply write the # on a dry erase board i have on my fridge, and boom there's my total for the day
    so again, context is everything here - i'm not the average guy when it comes to eating, pretty simple

it's funny tho - on rare occasions when i am eating out, in my head (it's subconscious!) i am tabulating and guesstimating the cals i am eating, and just roughly pegging what i think macros are (of course this is very hard to do - esp with fats at some places)..i am always thinking about the number of calories i am consuming, even on cheat meals/days..it's just how my mind works!

what i will say about these "menu calorie charts" at some of these fast-food places tho..WOW
    if you are relying on those things to be accurate -- especially in the macro breakdown department -- you have already lost the battle.
    those things are FAR from accurate

4. Blowing up my thread man. It's ok I thought you guys froze your balls off the last two days. Was pretty quiet in here.

5. my one good eyeball was frozen - from my house
    no joke
    •   

6. Fast and furious today

Today is usually my deadlift day. I've decided to cycle deadlift to every other week. This week I did good morning in their place.

Worked up to 255x5. Form started to breakdown so I dropped down to 185x8 then again 135x10. Got a good back and hip pump and hams feeling a good stretch.
    Leg curls 66x20,88x15,100x10,120x5. Then dropped down doing partials. 40 total partial reps. Hams were burning
    DB stiff DL 60x10x3, strict form no knee bend, great stretch

25 min HIIT on treadmill

7. One perk about living in Deep South Texas.

Screaming hot salsa
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. i like hot, nice!

(food pic coming shortly in my thread..eating it right now)

9. Time to trim the beast. Getting hard to eat and drink without a straw.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. Protein 300 g, carb 200 g, fat 156g

3300 cals

11. FEAR THE BEARD!

12. I look much younger today with a trimmed beard. Every time I shave and let it grow back the grey creeps in heavier. I found a few grey chest hairs to. Good thing I keep it trimmed.

13. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Every time I shave and let it grow back the grey creeps in heavier. I found a few grey chest hairs to.
    oh i'm not even hearing that shyte man
    i popped my first gray when i was a friggin teenager
    was just a stress gray, but man they came on strong in my 30s..beard is all flecked with gray if i let grow, chin almost solid now
    but i think i'll be one of those guys that gets the perfect amount of gray/dark mix on my head and then it'll stop, and looks wise and sexy

14. Most Interesting Man...

15. Yah girl friend was picking grey hairs out of my head when I was 17...

16. Little update.

After 5 hours Friday and 4 hours Saturday of baseball practice. Hitting fungo and throwing 300+ pitches I am still recovering. I had planned on training today but my back is still cramping and sore and feet are killing me. I have decided to be lazy and recover today. Using time to research my training for the foreseeable future. Stuck between gaining mass and leaning out.

Diet yesterday sucked. Started off ok with 4 free range eggs at 7:30 and didn't eat again till 2:30. ( at practice). Had pasta and stir fry for dinner. No where near my macro goals. Back on track today.

17. 300 pitches?!?!?!!!

18. Yeah. Have what we call a cage diet. 2 sacs, 2 drags, 2slash, 2 hit n run, 3 ground ball or line drive, 3 positive count, 3 2 strike count. And I'm kind of wild. About 20 players.

19. In season training in sports can be hard.

20. In the past I just scaled back my 531 to three days a week. And on Sunday I would squat and deadlift together. This is one option. But I want to get more metabolic training done.

At the moment my options are
    531 for main movement and metabolic/circuit training for accessories
    Just stick to 531 and 1 or 2 accessory movements high volume, (3 days a week and possibly 4 when a day opens up)
    Find a circuit program ala Kleen, for 3-4 days a week.

My goal is to get in and out of the gym in an hour or less, except on Sunday.

I havn't been following 531, but just working up to near my 3 RM. I would like to continue to incorporate strength in my program. I am toying with the idea of taking the next month off from this form of training. Thinking of taking this month as a change of pace and getting back to my normal routine in March when the season gets a little more predictable. Ive been researching different metabolic training programs but have not found one I love yet.

Any suggestions or criticism?

21. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    In the past I just scaled back my 531 to three days a week. And on Sunday I would squat and deadlift together. This is one option. But I want to get more metabolic training done.

At the moment my options are
    531 for main movement and metabolic/circuit training for accessories
    Just stick to 531 and 1 or 2 accessory movements high volume, (3 days a week and possibly 4 when a day opens up)
    Find a circuit program ala Kleen, for 3-4 days a week.

My goal is to get in and out of the gym in an hour or less, except on Sunday.

I havn't been following 531, but just working up to near my 3 RM. I would like to continue to incorporate strength in my program. I am toying with the idea of taking the next month off from this form of training. Thinking of taking this month as a change of pace and getting back to my normal routine in March when the season gets a little more predictable. Ive been researching different metabolic training programs but have not found one I love yet.

Any suggestions or criticism?
    I do the power training a couple sessions a year but I prefer the bodybuilding style. I like full body routines like HST or Chis's Warrior workouts.

22. Yeah I'm a leaning toward that for at least the next month. I have been making significant progress in my weights the last few months but I feel the need to back off for a little while. I feel the metabolic training would help improve my work capacity and lean me out as well.

23. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Yeah I'm a leaning toward that for at least the next month. I have been making significant progress in my weights the last few months but I feel the need to back off for a little while. I feel the metabolic training would help improve my work capacity and lean me out as well.
    I agree, either would be fine for you Chris's is more fun, You do a warm up a working set then a working set with a double drop. One exercise per body part 3 times a week. That't it. Oh be progressive, start at around 60% then work you way back to 95% or so depending on how strong you get at the exercises. Some may exceed your former 100% if you feel the urge. Big pump lots of fun.

24. ^ What he said, and damn 300 pitches no doubt you need some recovery.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

25. I estimate 300. May have been much more.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Full Andro-Series Run
    By R4in in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 04:59 PM
  2. 1-Andro Rx+Epistane=nice light run?
    By Blacktail in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 12:30 PM
  3. 1, 4 andro
    By scotty2 in forum Anabolics