NOxidant Write-Up

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    NOxidant Write-Up





    NoXidant (90 Capsules)


    -Eliminate free radicals.
    -Promote anabolism.
    -Optimize nitric oxide.


    NOxidant is a potent blend of antioxidants specifically designed to counteract reactive nitrogen species - harmful free radicals produced from nitric oxide. NOxidant is best used in conjunction with nitric oxide enhancing supplements such as arginine and citrulline malate. Taken post-workout, NOxidant can protect the body from reactive nitrogen species to ensure an optimal anabolic environment and maximize your results.



    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 3 Capsules
    Servings per Container: 30

    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Gamma-Tocopherol 500 mg **
    Selenium (yeilding 200 mcg Selenium) 100 mg **
    Alpha Lipoic Acid 100 mg **
    Grape Seed Extract 200 mg **
    Green Tea Extract (50%) 300 mg **
    Quercetin 200 mg **
    Apple Polyphenols 300 mg **
    Zinc Aspartate (20%) (standardized to 10 mg zinc) 50 mg **
    Copper Gluconate (20%) (yielding 100 mcg copper) 500 mcg **
    Manganese Chelate-(20%) (yielding .2 mg Manganese) 1 mg **
    Vitamin C 250 mg **

    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
    ** Percent Daily Values not established.


    OTHER INGREDIENTS: Dicalcium phosphate, gelatin and silicon dioxide.


    Directions:
    As a dietary supplement, take 3 capsules daily. On training days, take one serving post-workout and on non-training days take one serving before breakfast.


    Pick up your NOxidant today at the one and only Nutraplanet!

    RPN's NOxidant at Nutraplanet






    RPN's NOxidant Q&A Summary:


    Q: What are free radicals and how do they form?

    A: By definition a free radical is any atom (I.E. oxygen, nitrogen) with at least one unpaired electron in the outermost shell. Before we go any further, here's a very brief summary of what an atom is.

    An atom contains a nucleus made up of protons(positively charged particles) and neutrons(electrically neutral particles). Circling around the outside of this nucleus are pairs of electrons(negatively charged particles.)

    A free radical is easily formed when a covalent bond(sharing of electrons between atoms) is broken and one electron remains with each newly formed atom. Free radicals are highly reactive due to the presence of unpaired electron(s). So essentially, these newly formed free radical(s) will do anything in their power to steal any nearby electron(s) to stabilize themselves. This includes stealing electrons from nearby stable healthy cells damaging them greatly over time. This can lead to a chain reaction of free radical development.

    There are certain types of activities/foods/situations that can increase the opportunity of free radical formation. (I.E. smoking, pollution, high fat and sugar diets.) As you all may have guessed by now, bodybuilding/training/exercise can also greatly increase free radical formation. This is mainly due to increased stress and oxygen intake leading to increased free radical formation.


    Q: What are Antioxidants and how do they work?

    A: Antioxidants by definition are any substance(s)that slow or prevent the oxidation process. Antioxidants work by donating an electron to these unstable free radical(s) stabilizing them. This can then in turn prevent the possibility of a chain reaction of free radical development. This can result from the excessive free radical formation in the absence of sufficient antioxidants which help prevent them.

    After donating an electron an antioxidant also becomes a free radical in itself by definition. Antioxidants in this state are not harmful because they have the ability to accommodate the change in electrons without becoming reactive or harmful however.

    There are many different types of antioxidants overall. Our body can synthesize some of them, however many of the necessary antioxidants must be taken in through a proper diet and supplementation program. The key here is to restore the balance within the body and keep free radicals in check, not completely eliminate them. Free radicals also attack germs within the body, they don't solely attack healthy normal cells.


    Q: How can proper Antioxidant intake assist me in my training and muscle gains?

    A: When we workout there is an increase in free radical formation within our bodies. If this free radical formation begins to rise faster than it's being neutralized, you can fall victim to what is known as oxidative stress. This can cause you to feel very tired, have poor training endurance, make you more prone to training injuries, and cause a lowered immune response leading to frequent illness. This oxidative stress is not very conducive to a successful diet, supplementation, and training program.

    By ingesting the proper Antioxidants post-workout, you can help limit the amount of oxidative stress and maintain a more anabolic environment......something many of us all strive to attain each day.

    RPN has designed a product that will provide very effective Antioxidant protection and assist in your overall training goals.



    Enter RPN's NOxidant(See product ingredient profile and description above)



    Q: What is Nitric Oxide?

    A: Nitric Oxide (nitrogen monoxide, NO)

    Nitric oxide, a colorless, toxic, non-flammable gas, is the most stable nitrogen oxide. This is chemically interesting since the molecule is paramagnetic (has an unpaired electron). This unshared electron makes the NO molecule highly reactive.

    In animals, nitric oxide is a neurotransmitter implicated in mediating a number of physiological processes including relaxation of smooth muscles, inhibition of platelet aggregation, increasing kidney filtration and urine production, penile erection (Viagra works by generation of NO), and inhibition of inflammation. Since it is a gas, it rapidly diffuses through the cell to its site of biological activity. But, since it is highly reactive, it is rapidly inactivated.

    NO is generated in the body by the reaction of an enzyme Nitric Oxide Synthetase (NOS) in the reaction

    Arginine + O2 ===> Citrullene + NO


    There are two importance items to notice about this reaction:

    1. Oxygen, not nitrogen is the gaseous component of the reaction

    2. An increase in pO2 will drive the reaction to the right (Le Chateliers Principle) and produce more NO.


    This suggests that the sharp threshold of oxygen toxicity at depth may be related to NO (a very reactive oxidizing agent). In other words, increasing pO2 will produce an increasing excess of an excitatory neurotransmitter. The body has a variety of defense mechanisms to remove or inactivate highly reactive oxidizers (like NO), but eventually, too much NO would overwhelm protective mechanisms. So, a simplistic way of conceptualizing an oxygen toxicity hit, is to view CNS oxygen toxicity as overwhelming the bodies defenses with too much oxidative, excitatory neurotransmitters.


    Finally, some other NO factoids:


    Nitroglycerin used in reducing angina attack works by generating NO which leads to pain-relieving heart muscle vasodilatation.


    Nitric oxide is implicated in the initiation of firefly light emission.


    Nitric oxide has been used in the treatment of surgical pulmonary embolisms. Its vasodilatation ability reduces blood pressure in the lungs.


    Nitric oxide is a common component of automobile pollution. It is a primary component in photochemical smog.


    Because of its chemical properties, the molecule often dimerizes to form N2O2.



    Q: When is the proper time of day to take NOxidant?

    A: This largely depends upon if it's a training day or not. On training days we recommend that you take (3)capsules preferably before bed at night to combat the excessive formation of training induced free radical formation. Taking this before bed at night allows ample time for training induced free-radical formation to act upon cellular/muscle damage, and allowing for cell signaling to occur.(which is very beneficial leading to better gains). However, if this free radical chain reaction process is allowed to continue, the damage will eventually outweigh the benefits. Much research supports taking the dosing before bed to help limit the free radical cascade or chain reaction from getting to the negative point of compromising gains, instead of enhancing them.

    This product provides your body with very effective Antioxidant protection to further enhance your overall training induced stimulation and recovery processes leading to better overall results.

    On non-training days, we recommend you take NOxidant first thing in the morning. Dosing would be (3)capsules upon rising in the a.m.


    Q: What kind of overall results can i expect with using NOxidant?

    A: NOxidant provides a very potent blend of necessary Antioxidants most of which are very specific in treating free radical formation resulting from the reactive nitrogen species which is very destructive to our bodies.

    During intense weight training, NO(nitric oxide) is synthesized by the body and free radical formation results as by-products of aerobic metabolism. NOxidant is specifically designed to protect you from this destructive free radical process post workout. NOxidant can provide you with the following overall training/health benefits:

    -A quicker recovery time
    -Enhanced overall muscle gains/results
    -Increased training endurance
    -A strengthened immunologic state
    -Help prevent precipitant cellular aging/death
    -Improved NO(NITRIC OXIDE) utilization



    Q: What are some supplements that would be effective to stack with NOxidant?

    A: RPN has put together a very specific stack with Nimbus Nutrition called "The Rejuvenation stack." This stack contains the supplements, NOxidant, Gut Health, and Poseidon. Together this combination of very effective and synergistic supplements enhance all of the benefits we've already described above. It's the ultimate way to rejuvenate your body back into a healthy and anabolic state. Get this stack at the one and only nutraplanet!!

    NOxidant also works very well with NO(nitric oxide) enhancing supplements and citruilline malate. It will potentiate their effects for even better results overall.

    NOxidant can greatly enhance all of your training and health goals at a very affordable price. Don't delay your potential progress any longer, add NOxidant into your supplementation regime to assist in the formation of the NEW AND IMPROVED you!!

    :chick: :bb::bb2:
    Last edited by Trauma1; 06-18-2008 at 12:17 PM.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  2. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,944
    Answers
    1

    This is in my shopping cart as we speak!


    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post



    NoXidant (90 Capsules)


    -Eliminate free radicals.
    -Promote anabolism.
    -Optimize nitric oxide.


    NOxidant is a potent blend of antioxidants specifically designed to counteract reactive nitrogen species - harmful free radicals produced from nitric oxide. NOxidant is best used in conjunction with nitric oxide enhancing supplements such as arginine and citrulline malate. Taken post-workout, NOxidant can protect the body from reactive nitrogen species to ensure an optimal anabolic environment and maximize your results.



    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 3 Capsules
    Servings per Container: 30

    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Gamma-Tocopherol 500 mg **
    Selenium (yeilding 200 mcg Selenium) 100 mg **
    Alpha Lipoic Acid 100 mg **
    Grape Seed Extract 200 mg **
    Green Tea Extract (50%) 300 mg **
    Quercetin 200 mg **
    Apple Polyphenols 300 mg **
    Zinc Aspartate (20%) (standardized to 10 mg zinc) 50 mg **
    Copper Gluconate (20%) (yielding 100 mcg copper) 500 mcg **
    Manganese Chelate-(20%) (yielding .2 mg Manganese) 1 mg **
    Vitamin C 250 mg **

    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
    ** Percent Daily Values not established.


    OTHER INGREDIENTS: Dicalcium phosphate, gelatin and silicon dioxide.


    Directions:
    As a dietary supplement, take 3 capsules daily. On training days, take one serving post-workout and on non-training days take one serving before breakfast.


    Pick up your NOxidant today at the one and only Nutraplanet!

    RPN's NOxidant at Nutraplanet
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  3. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    This is in my shopping cart as we speak!
    Awesome my friend, you're going to love it!

    I hope to have a good Q&A up next week for NOxidant also.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

    •   
       

  4. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,944
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Awesome my friend, you're going to love it!

    I hope to have a good Q&A up next week for NOxidant also.
    Id expect nothing less from you and RPN my floridian brotha!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  5. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    NOxidant's Q&A is up. More to add shortly, but i figured i'd throw it up anyway.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,259
    Answers
    0

    Awesome job T!!
  7. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Awesome job T!!
    Thanks C.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  8. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Answers
    0

    Great write up T. Like the additional Q&A.

    Maybe you could even video tape yourself and send it to Sam at NP and it could be a NPtv addition . lol j/p
  9. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Here's a very interesting abstract that makes a good addition:

    Generation of Reactive Oxygen and Nitrogen Species in Contracting Skeletal Muscle
    Potential Impact on Aging


    MICHAEL B. REID11Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA AND WILLIAM J. DURHAM11Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA1Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
    Address for correspondence: Michael B. Reid, Ph.D., Pulmonary Medicine, Suite 520B, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030. Voice: 713-798-7224; fax: 713-798-3619. reid@bcm.tmc.edu.
    Abstract

    Abstract:
    Since the early 1980s biologists have recognized that skeletal muscle generates free radicals. Of particular interest are two closely related redox cascades—reactive oxygen species (ROS) and nitric oxide (NO) derivatives. The ROS cascade is initiated by superoxide anion radicals derived from the mitochondrial electron transport chain, the membrane-associated NAD(P)H oxidase complex, or other sources. NO is produced by two NO synthase isoforms constitutively expressed by muscle fibers. ROS and NO derivatives are produced continually and are detectable in both the cytosolic and extracellular compartments. Production increases during strenuous exercise. Both ROS and NO modulate contractile function. Under basal conditions, low levels of ROS enhance force production. Excessive ROS accumulation inhibits force, for example, during fatiguing exercise. NO inhibits skeletal muscle contraction, an effect that is partially mediated by cyclic GMP as a second messenger. With aging, redox modulation of muscle contraction may be altered by changes in the rates of ROS and NO production, the levels of endogenous antioxidants that buffer ROS and NO, and the sensitivities of regulatory proteins to ROS and NO action. The impact of aging on contractile regulation depends on the relative magnitude of these changes and their net effects on ROS and NO activities at the cellular level.

    This article is cited by:
    J. W. E. Rush, H. J. Green, D. A. MacLean and L. M. Code. (2005) Oxidative stress and nitric oxide synthase in skeletal muscles of rats with post-infarction, compensated chronic heart failure. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica 185:3, 211–218
    Abstract Abstract and References Full Text Article Full Article PDF
    M. Wittwer, R. Billeter, H. Hoppeler and M. Flück. (2004) Regulatory gene expression in skeletal muscle of highly endurance-trained humans. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica 180:2, 217–227
    Abstract Abstract and References Full Text Article Full Article PDF
    A. R. Giniatullin and R. A. Giniatullin. (2003) Dual Action of Hydrogen Peroxide on Synaptic Transmission at the Frog Neuromuscular Junction. The Journal of Physiology 552:1, 283–293
    Abstract Abstract and References Full Text Article Full Article PDF
    Joseph Bruton, Pasi Tavi, Jan Aydin, Håkan Westerblad and Jan Lännergren. (2003) Mitochondrial and myoplasmic [Ca2+] in single fibres from mouse limb muscles during repeated tetanic contractions. The Journal of Physiology 551:1, 179–190
    Abstract Abstract and References Full Text Article Full Article PDF

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  10. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    1

    Interesting study...I might try some experiments taking NOxidant an hour BEFORE workout, with my calcium and Creatine...to see effects on contractile force. Looks like it could simultaneously prolong endurance.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  11. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Now this is what i was looking for in an abstract:

    Aging and the Role of Reactive Nitrogen Species


    BARRY DREW AND CHRISTIAAN LEEUWENBURGH

    Biochemistry of Aging Laboratory, Box 118206, College of Health and Human Performance, College of Medicine, Center for Exercise Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA

    Address for correspondence: Christiaan Leeuwenburgh, Ph.D., University of Florida, Biochemistry of Aging Laboratory, 25 FLG, Stadium Road, P.O. Box 118206, Gainesville, FL 32611. Voice: 352-392-9575, ext. 1356; fax: 352-392-0316.
    cleeuwen@ufl.edu; web page: http://grove.ufl.edu/cleeuwen/
    Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 959: 66-81 (2002).


    The role of reactive oxygen species and its effects on aging has received considerable attention in the past 47 years since Dr. Denham Harman first proposed the "free radical theory of aging." Though not completely understood due to the incalculable number of pathways involved, the number of manuscripts that facilitate the understanding of the underlying effects of reactive radical species on the oxidative stress on lipids, proteins, and DNA and its contribution to the aging process increases nearly exponentially each year. More recently, the role of reactive nitrogen species, such as nitric oxide and its by-products—nitrate (NO3-), nitrite (NO2-), peroxynitrite (ONOO-), and 3-nitrotyrosine—have been shown to have a direct role in cellular signaling, vasodilation, and immune response. Nitric oxide is produced within cells by the actions of a group of enzymes called nitric oxide synthases. Presently, there are three distinct isoforms of nitric oxide synthase: neuronal (nNOS or NOS-1), inducible (iNOS or NOS-2), and endothelial (eNOS or NOS-3), and several subtypes. While nitric oxide (NO•) is a relative unreactive radical, it is able to form other reactive intermediates, which could have an effect on protein function and on the function of the entire organism. These reactive intermediates can trigger nitrosative damage on biomolecules, which in turn may lead to age-related diseases due to structural alteration of proteins, inhibition of enzymatic activity, and interferences of the regulatory function. This paper will critically review the evidence of nitration and the important role it plays with aging. Furthermore, it will summarize the physiological role of nitration as well as the mechanisms leading to proteolytic degradation of nitrated proteins within biological tissues.
    Last edited by Trauma1; 05-19-2008 at 12:34 AM.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  12. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Interesting study...I might try some experiments taking NOxidant an hour BEFORE workout, with my calcium and Creatine...to see effects on contractile force. Looks like it could simultaneously prolong endurance.
    Yeah this study caught my attention right away. I think the theory could hold a lot of merit overall.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  13. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Yeah this study caught my attention right away. I think the theory could hold a lot of merit overall.
    Could be a final piece in the formula designed for explosive movement enhancement (for powerlifters, sprinters, etc.).
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  14. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Since i'm a man of medicine(who has asthma) i found this study very interesting:

    Reactive nitrogen species in the respiratory tract

    Fabio L.M. Ricciardoloa, , , Antonino Di Stefanob, Federica Sabatinia and Gert Folkertsc

    aUnit of Pneumology, IRCCS Gaslini Institute, Largo G Gaslini 5, 16147 Genoa, Italy

    bSalvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS Medical Center of Rehabilitation, Division of Pulmonary Disease, Veruno (NO), Italy

    cDepartment of Pharmacology and Pathophysiology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands


    Accepted 13 December 2005. Available online 7 February 2006.


    References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.


    Abstract
    Endogenous Nitric Oxide (NO) plays a key role in the physiological regulation of airway functions. In response to various stimuli activated inflammatory cells (e.g., eosinophils and neutrophils) generate oxidants (“oxidative stress”) which in conjunction with exaggerated enzymatic release of NO and augmented NO metabolites produce the formation of strong oxidizing reactive nitrogen species, such as peroxynitrite, in various airway diseases including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD), cystic fibrosis and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). Reactive nitrogen species provoke amplification of inflammatory processes in the airways and lung parenchyma causing DNA damage, inhibition of mitochondrial respiration, protein dysfunction and cell damage (“nitrosative stress”). These effects alter respiratory homeostasis (such as bronchomotor tone and pulmonary surfactant activity) and the long-term persistence of “nitrosative stress” may contribute to the progressive deterioration of pulmonary functions leading to respiratory failure.
    Recent studies showing that protein nitration can be dynamic and reversible (“denitration mechanisms”) open new horizons in the treatment of chronic respiratory diseases affected by the deleterious actions of “nitrosative stress”.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  15. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    The chemical biology of nitric oxide: Implications in cellular signaling.

    Thomas DD, Ridnour LA, Isenberg JS, Flores-Santana W, Switzer CH, Donzelli S, Hussain P, Vecoli C, Paolocci N, Ambs S, Colton CA, Harris CC, Roberts DD, Wink DA.
    Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA.

    Nitric oxide (NO) has earned the reputation of being a signaling mediator with many diverse and often opposing biological activities. The diversity in response to this simple diatomic molecule comes from the enormous variety of chemical reactions and biological properties associated with it. In the past few years, the importance of steady-state NO concentrations has emerged as a key determinant of its biological function. Precise cellular responses are differentially regulated by specific NO concentration. We propose five basic distinct concentration levels of NO activity: cGMP-mediated processes ([NO]<1-30 nM), Akt phosphorylation ([NO] = 30-100 nM), stabilization of HIF-1alpha ([NO] = 100-300 nM), phosphorylation of p53 ([NO]>400 nM), and nitrosative stress (1 muM). In general, lower NO concentrations promote cell survival and proliferation, whereas higher levels favor cell cycle arrest, apoptosis, and senescence. Free radical interactions will also influence NO signaling. One of the consequences of reactive oxygen species generation is to reduce NO concentrations. This antagonizes the signaling of nitric oxide and in some cases results in converting a cell-cycle arrest profile to a cell survival profile. The resulting reactive nitrogen species that are generated from these reactions can also have biological effects and increase oxidative and nitrosative stress responses. A number of factors determine the formation of NO and its concentration, such as diffusion, consumption, and substrate availability, which are referred to as kinetic determinants for molecular target interactions. These are the chemical and biochemical parameters that shape cellular responses to NO. Herein we discuss signal transduction and the chemical biology of NO in terms of the direct and indirect reactions.
    PMID: 18439435 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  16. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Oxidative stress: the vulnerable beta-cell.

    Lenzen S.
    Institute of Clinical Biochemistry, Hannover Medical School, 30625 Hannover, Germany.

    Antioxidative defence mechanisms of pancreatic beta-cells are particularly weak and can be overwhelmed by redox imbalance arising from overproduction of reactive oxygen and reactive nitrogen species. The consequences of this redox imbalance are lipid peroxidation, oxidation of proteins, DNA damage and interference of reactive species with signal transduction pathways, which contribute significantly to beta-cell dysfunction and death in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Reactive oxygen species, superoxide radicals (O(2)(*-)), hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)) and, in a final iron-catalysed reaction step, the most reactive and toxic hydroxyl radicals (OH(*)) are produced during both pro-inflammatory cytokine-mediated beta-cell attack in Type 1 diabetes and glucolipotoxicity-mediated beta-cell dysfunction in Type 2 diabetes. In combination with NO(*), which is toxic in itself, as well as through its reaction with the O(2)(*-) and subsequent formation of peroxynitrite, reactive species play a central role in beta-cell death during the deterioration of glucose tolerance in the development of diabetes.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  17. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Answers
    0

    Good write up kid, mom would be so proud.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  18. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Now this is what i was looking for in an abstract:

    Aging and the Role of Reactive Nitrogen Species


    BARRY DREW AND CHRISTIAAN LEEUWENBURGH

    Biochemistry of Aging Laboratory, Box 118206, College of Health and Human Performance, College of Medicine, Center for Exercise Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA

    Address for correspondence: Christiaan Leeuwenburgh, Ph.D., University of Florida, Biochemistry of Aging Laboratory, 25 FLG, Stadium Road, P.O. Box 118206, Gainesville, FL 32611. Voice: 352-392-9575, ext. 1356; fax: 352-392-0316.
    cleeuwen@ufl.edu; web page: http://grove.ufl.edu/cleeuwen/
    Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 959: 66-81 (2002).


    The role of reactive oxygen species and its effects on aging has received considerable attention in the past 47 years since Dr. Denham Harman first proposed the "free radical theory of aging." Though not completely understood due to the incalculable number of pathways involved, the number of manuscripts that facilitate the understanding of the underlying effects of reactive radical species on the oxidative stress on lipids, proteins, and DNA and its contribution to the aging process increases nearly exponentially each year. More recently, the role of reactive nitrogen species, such as nitric oxide and its by-products—nitrate (NO3-), nitrite (NO2-), peroxynitrite (ONOO-), and 3-nitrotyrosine—have been shown to have a direct role in cellular signaling, vasodilation, and immune response. Nitric oxide is produced within cells by the actions of a group of enzymes called nitric oxide synthases. Presently, there are three distinct isoforms of nitric oxide synthase: neuronal (nNOS or NOS-1), inducible (iNOS or NOS-2), and endothelial (eNOS or NOS-3), and several subtypes. While nitric oxide (NO•) is a relative unreactive radical, it is able to form other reactive intermediates, which could have an effect on protein function and on the function of the entire organism. These reactive intermediates can trigger nitrosative damage on biomolecules, which in turn may lead to age-related diseases due to structural alteration of proteins, inhibition of enzymatic activity, and interferences of the regulatory function. This paper will critically review the evidence of nitration and the important role it plays with aging. Furthermore, it will summarize the physiological role of nitration as well as the mechanisms leading to proteolytic degradation of nitrated proteins within biological tissues.
    I found this particular study/abstract really insightful. The first part of the underline (effects on entire organism and specifically protein in general) really opened my eyes towards the effects past just muscular proteins (it seems obvious but for some reason at least for me was in the back seat as far as true benefits from protection from free radicals).

    Good stuff T.
  19. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    I found this particular study/abstract really insightful. The first part of the underline (effects on entire organism and specifically protein in general) really opened my eyes towards the effects past just muscular proteins (it seems obvious but for some reason at least for me was in the back seat as far as true benefits from protection from free radicals).

    Good stuff T.
    Free radicals are non-selective destroyers...you definitely have to look at the big picture WRT treatment and prevention of damage, especially since so many of the body's systems are interdependent.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  20. Registered User
    Good Shepherd's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    148
    Answers
    0

    [QUOTE=Trauma1;1358461]The chemical biology of nitric oxide: Implications in cellular signaling.

    I think this is the the point that really should be considered. To some degree the body will produce its own share of nitric oxide - of course that would be applified by ingesting some thing that has the purpose of promoting further release, however what is ingested when the cellular signaling happens is the more important factor - having easily assimilated antioxidants ready to be carried into the bloodstream and local tissue acts much in the way fiber does in the colon. It really gets rid of metabolic rust, it lets "systems" function as they should. Lastly, with all of the man made xenoestrogens beginning to influence cell expression- this type of product is almost a must. Might even be wise to take it at the mid point of an excercise session w/ some bcaa's.
  21. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    1

    [QUOTE=Good Shepherd;1360824]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    The chemical biology of nitric oxide: Implications in cellular signaling.

    I think this is the the point that really should be considered. To some degree the body will produce its own share of nitric oxide - of course that would be applified by ingesting some thing that has the purpose of promoting further release, however what is ingested when the cellular signaling happens is the more important factor - having easily assimilated antioxidants ready to be carried into the bloodstream and local tissue acts much in the way fiber does in the colon. It really gets rid of metabolic rust, it lets "systems" function as they should. Lastly, with all of the man made xenoestrogens beginning to influence cell expression- this type of product is almost a must. Might even be wise to take it at the mid point of an excercise session w/ some bcaa's.
    VERY good post.

    WE are actually trying to perfect an Anti-OX fruit based flavoring system to use in our Intra-workout supplement, THRIVE.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  22. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    [QUOTE=Good Shepherd;1360824]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    The chemical biology of nitric oxide: Implications in cellular signaling.

    I think this is the the point that really should be considered. To some degree the body will produce its own share of nitric oxide - of course that would be applified by ingesting some thing that has the purpose of promoting further release, however what is ingested when the cellular signaling happens is the more important factor - having easily assimilated antioxidants ready to be carried into the bloodstream and local tissue acts much in the way fiber does in the colon. It really gets rid of metabolic rust, it lets "systems" function as they should. Lastly, with all of the man made xenoestrogens beginning to influence cell expression- this type of product is almost a must. Might even be wise to take it at the mid point of an excercise session w/ some bcaa's.


    Very good input. That abstract i found very interesting and am looking into finding more complete text studies with similar info.

    I agree that taking Antioxidants pre-workout/intra-workout may further contribute to amplifying cell signaling and overall NO(nitric oxide) produced effects. Not to mention how the first abstract i posted demonstrates how lowered levels of ROS/NOS contribute to more forcefull skeletal muscular contractions overall.....think of the benefits in that alone.

    This exerpt from the abstract you responded to is what i find very refreshing:

    Free radical interactions will also influence NO signaling. One of the consequences of reactive oxygen species generation is to reduce NO concentrations. This antagonizes the signaling of nitric oxide and in some cases results in converting a cell-cycle arrest profile to a cell survival profile. The resulting reactive nitrogen species that are generated from these reactions can also have biological effects and increase oxidative and nitrosative stress responses. A number of factors determine the formation of NO and its concentration, such as diffusion, consumption, and substrate availability, which are referred to as kinetic determinants for molecular target interactions.

    Plus one of the benefits of taking in Antioxidant therapy is your body stores many of them for later use. By upkeeping those stores it absolutely further contributes to a healther and more anabolic state overall.
    Last edited by Trauma1; 05-20-2008 at 02:19 PM.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  23. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    The main antioxidant protection against the reactive oxygen species(ROS) "Superoxide Anion" is Superoxide Dismutase(SOD). Our bodies can effectivly manufacture its own supply of (SOD) as long as our endogenous levels of Vitamin C, Zinc, Copper, and Manganese are all sufficient. NOxidant provides very effective dosing of all of these substances to help keep the bodies production of Superoxide Dismutase within a therapeutic range to combat Superoxide Anion.

    By keeping the ROS(reactive oxygen species)/RNS(reactive nitrogen species) in check(not obliterate them), the overall benefits from NO cell signaling should be immensly increased further contributing to better overall gains for us all.

    Reactive Oxygen Species


    Great read here:

    Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) catalyzes the reduction of superoxide anions to hydrogen peroxide.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  24. E J
    E J is offline
    Registered User
    E J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    392
    Answers
    0

    OK sorry to go off topic but a female friend of mine is looking for a good antioxidant, can she take NOxidant just for general health or is this specifically designed for people taking NO products?

    Thanks guys
  25. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by E J View Post
    OK sorry to go off topic but a female friend of mine is looking for a good antioxidant, can she take NOxidant just for general health or is this specifically designed for people taking NO products?

    Thanks guys
    NOxidant is an excellent all-around antioxidant. Without NO supps she can reduce dosage down to 2 caps a day.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  26. E J
    E J is offline
    Registered User
    E J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    392
    Answers
    0

    Cool thanks man!
  27. Registered User
    Good Shepherd's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    148
    Answers
    0

    [QUOTE=Trauma1;1361316]
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Shepherd View Post



    Very good input. That abstract i found very interesting and am looking into finding more complete text studies with similar info.

    I agree that taking Antioxidants pre-workout/intra-workout may further contribute to amplifying cell signaling and overall NO(nitric oxide) produced effects. Not to mention how the first abstract i posted demonstrates how lowered levels of ROS/NOS contribute to more forcefull skeletal muscular contractions overall.....think of the benefits in that alone.

    This exerpt from the abstract you responded to is what i find very refreshing:

    Free radical interactions will also influence NO signaling. One of the consequences of reactive oxygen species generation is to reduce NO concentrations. This antagonizes the signaling of nitric oxide and in some cases results in converting a cell-cycle arrest profile to a cell survival profile. The resulting reactive nitrogen species that are generated from these reactions can also have biological effects and increase oxidative and nitrosative stress responses. A number of factors determine the formation of NO and its concentration, such as diffusion, consumption, and substrate availability, which are referred to as kinetic determinants for molecular target interactions.

    Plus one of the benefits of taking in Antioxidant therapy is your body stores many of them for later use. By upkeeping those stores it absolutely further contributes to a healther and more anabolic state overall.

    Curious about the inclusion of the apple polyphenols, why were these selected?
  28. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    1

    [QUOTE=Good Shepherd;1361770]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post


    Curious about the inclusion of the apple polyphenols, why were these selected?
    Apple Polyphenols are one of THE highest ORAC compounds in existence, especially effective in their interaction with the NO system - causing an equilibrium and increase in NO effectiveness, as well as quenching of Reactive Nitrogen Species:

    Apples increase nitric oxide production by human saliva at the acidic pH of the stomach: A new biological function for polyphenols with a catechol group?

    Laura Peria, Donatella Pietrafortea, Giuseppe Scorzaa, Aurora Napolitanob, Vincenzo Foglianob and Maurizio Minettia, Corresponding Author Contact Information, E-mail The Corresponding Author

    aDepartment of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Roma, Italy

    bDipartimento di Scienza degli Alimenti, Parco Gussone, 80055 Portici, Napoli, Italy

    Received 21 February 2005;
    revised 22 April 2005;
    accepted 22 April 2005.
    Available online 12 May 2005.

    Purchase the full-text article



    References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

    Abstract

    Dietary inorganic nitrate is secreted in saliva and reduced to nitrite by bacterial flora. At the acidic pH of the stomach nitrite is present as nitrous acid in equilibrium with nitric oxide (radical dotNO), and other nitrogen oxides with nitrating and nitrosating activity. radical dotNO in the stomach exerts several beneficial effects, but nitrosating/nitrating species have been implicated as a possible cause of epithelial neoplasia at the gastroesophageal junction. We investigated the effects of apple extracts on radical dotNO release by human saliva at pH 2. A water extract obtained from apple homogenate increased radical dotNO release caused by acidification of saliva. Data show that polyphenols were responsible for this activity, with chlorogenic acid and (+)-catechin the most active and concentrated species. However, ferulic acid, a hydroxycinnamic acid with only one aromatic hydroxyl group, did not increase radical dotNO release. Fructose, the most representative sugar in apples, was also inactive. Interestingly, ascorbic acid in saliva induced a SCN–-enhanced burst of radical dotNO but, unlike apple, the release was transient. The simultaneous addition of ascorbic acid and apple extract caused a burst of radical dotNO followed by the increased steady-state level characteristic of saliva containing apple extract. Chlorogenic acid and (+)-catechin, but not ferulic acid, formed o-semiquinone radicals and nitrated polyphenols, suggesting the scavenging of radical dotNO2 by o-semiquinones. Our results propose that some apple polyphenols not only inhibit nitrosation/nitration but also promote radical dotNO bioavailabilty at the gastric level, a previously unappreciated function.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  29. Registered User
    Good Shepherd's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    148
    Answers
    0

    [QUOTE=dsade;1361815]
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Shepherd View Post
    Apple Polyphenols are one of THE highest ORAC compounds in existence, especially effective in their interaction with the NO system - causing an equilibrium and increase in NO effectiveness, as well as quenching of Reactive Nitrogen Species:

    Apples increase nitric oxide production by human saliva at the acidic pH of the stomach: A new biological function for polyphenols with a catechol group?

    Laura Peria, Donatella Pietrafortea, Giuseppe Scorzaa, Aurora Napolitanob, Vincenzo Foglianob and Maurizio Minettia, Corresponding Author Contact Information, E-mail The Corresponding Author

    aDepartment of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Roma, Italy

    bDipartimento di Scienza degli Alimenti, Parco Gussone, 80055 Portici, Napoli, Italy

    Received 21 February 2005;
    revised 22 April 2005;
    accepted 22 April 2005.
    Available online 12 May 2005.

    Purchase the full-text article



    References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

    Abstract

    Dietary inorganic nitrate is secreted in saliva and reduced to nitrite by bacterial flora. At the acidic pH of the stomach nitrite is present as nitrous acid in equilibrium with nitric oxide (radical dotNO), and other nitrogen oxides with nitrating and nitrosating activity. radical dotNO in the stomach exerts several beneficial effects, but nitrosating/nitrating species have been implicated as a possible cause of epithelial neoplasia at the gastroesophageal junction. We investigated the effects of apple extracts on radical dotNO release by human saliva at pH 2. A water extract obtained from apple homogenate increased radical dotNO release caused by acidification of saliva. Data show that polyphenols were responsible for this activity, with chlorogenic acid and (+)-catechin the most active and concentrated species. However, ferulic acid, a hydroxycinnamic acid with only one aromatic hydroxyl group, did not increase radical dotNO release. Fructose, the most representative sugar in apples, was also inactive. Interestingly, ascorbic acid in saliva induced a SCN–-enhanced burst of radical dotNO but, unlike apple, the release was transient. The simultaneous addition of ascorbic acid and apple extract caused a burst of radical dotNO followed by the increased steady-state level characteristic of saliva containing apple extract. Chlorogenic acid and (+)-catechin, but not ferulic acid, formed o-semiquinone radicals and nitrated polyphenols, suggesting the scavenging of radical dotNO2 by o-semiquinones. Our results propose that some apple polyphenols not only inhibit nitrosation/nitration but also promote radical dotNO bioavailabilty at the gastric level, a previously unappreciated function.
    Nice, I would assume most of the active compound be found in the skin?
  30. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    1

    [QUOTE=Good Shepherd;1361820]
    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Nice, I would assume most of the active compound be found in the skin?
    Correct, as with most anti-oxidants. Polyphenols in general are active in coloring (which makes perfect sense, honestly, given their function.)
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  31. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Wanderlei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    255
    Answers
    0

    So now it's okay to take NOxidant preworkout? My reasoning, however flawed it may be, was that it would prevent NO from forming more potent pro-oxidants which would reduce ROS induced damage. Perhaps wrongly, I assumed that the increased pump was an indication that there was less conversion of NO to peroxynitrite or other oxidants. But then I've been told that ROS induced damage is necessary to muscle growth so I'm actually inhibiting my gains by taking it pre. This is all so confusing.
  32. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlei View Post
    So now it's okay to take NOxidant preworkout? My reasoning, however flawed it may be, was that it would prevent NO from forming more potent pro-oxidants which would reduce ROS induced damage. Perhaps wrongly, I assumed that the increased pump was an indication that there was less conversion of NO to peroxynitrite or other oxidants. But then I've been told that ROS induced damage is necessary to muscle growth so I'm actually inhibiting my gains by taking it pre. This is all so confusing.
    We're honing in on the absolute best recommendation and I am currently experimenting with a LOWER DOSE preworkout.

    There is evidence of a sweet spot equilibrium that will prevent excessive formation, while still allowing maximum messenger signaling to trigger growth.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  33. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlei View Post
    So now it's okay to take NOxidant preworkout? My reasoning, however flawed it may be, was that it would prevent NO from forming more potent pro-oxidants which would reduce ROS induced damage. Perhaps wrongly, I assumed that the increased pump was an indication that there was less conversion of NO to peroxynitrite or other oxidants. But then I've been told that ROS induced damage is necessary to muscle growth so I'm actually inhibiting my gains by taking it pre. This is all so confusing.
    We've been doing a ton of research on this as of late. It would seem that the best time to take this product is actually before bed at night. You do want a degree of ROS/RNS induced damage after a workout to trigger new muscle growth.

    It would seem in the research that i've done that allowing for this to happen and then halting free radicals in their tracks before their damage effects outweigh the benefits. The majority of information and evidence i've seen supports this approach.

    As far as taking it pre-workout, more research needs to be done. I would think that a milder dose early on in the day could help keep ROS/NRS in check and actually produce better workout results/muscle damage as a result. (See one of the abstracts above about lowered ROS/RNS and increased muscle contraction) This would allow for a greater amount of muscle damage and subsequent free radical formation to enhance the fact. Following that up with a dose a night would seem to be the last piece of the enhanced anabolic puzzle.

    More research to be done, but the theory holds a lot of promise in my mind.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  34. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  35. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    That's a good chart...interesting to note is NO's reaction with iron to exert effects.

    I wonder how many people with ED have their iron levels checked?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  36. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  37. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    That's a good chart...interesting to note is NO's reaction with iron to exert effects.

    I wonder how many people with ED have their iron levels checked?
    I thought the same thing. It would seem to be a big factor in enhanced effect.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  38. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    For all those people that don't understand how Nitric Oxide is a cell signaling molecule, here you go:

    http://www.ias.ac.in/currsci/nov251998/articles10.htm

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  39. Registered User
    Good Shepherd's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    148
    Answers
    0

    As far as taking it pre-workout, more research needs to be done. I would think that a milder dose early on in the day could help keep ROS/NRS in check and actually produce better workout results/muscle damage as a result. (See one of the abstracts above about lowered ROS/RNS and increased muscle contraction) This would allow for a greater amount of muscle damage and subsequent free radical formation to enhance the fact. Following that up with a dose a night would seem to be the last piece of the enhanced anabolic puzzle.

    This pre bed dose is a very good idea. In fact the smaller dose early in the day will support the pre bed dose. I think you can look at dosing this type of product like maintaing a postive nitrogen balance. Steady doses of protein throughout the day will work much better then haphazard meals and/or a few big protein doses.
    This type of product can be viewed in the same way. smaller steady dosing will keep the antioxidants available when they are needed. Remember, these can be stored to some extent, so what isnt stored may be excreted. Now of course there will be ideal times to take this. Prebed, post work out etc. It all depends on circumstance.
    It seems that people get caught up to much in semantics, especially w/ supplements. People asking about the science of cell expression and nitric oxide production and get confused about it are often the ones that to just need to follow the directions on the label and then see what works best for them.
    In reality, would you get confused about the best time to have an apple, some blueberries and an orange would be - probably not.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. RPN NoXidant
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 08:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in