Your favorite last meal

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
whats your favorite last meal of the day? I usually have my last big meal around 4-5PM but when i get home I get hungry and like to eat something around 7-8PM but have nothing planed for it.
I'd like to hear your suggestions!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Last meal of the day for the majority of the year is fat free cottage cheese, natty pb (or flax seed oil,) and broccoli. Eat this 1.5 hours prior to bed. Tasty and great for gains.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
~ 2 - 2.5 cups of 2% cottage cheese or a 75/25 casein blend with 2% milk! ~450 calories of delicious.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My evening ritual at about 8:30 is an omelette. I know most people have them in the morning, but I never have time with class, so it's a nice treat in the evening. To save time I cut up mushrooms, onions, veggies and whatever else I throw in and put it in a tupperware, so I can make an omelette in about 15 minutes. Load up the lowfat cheddar, and you got a nice last meal of the day to keep you going thru the night.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
My last meal is usually 40 g whey with 16 oz of milk, 2 tbs peanut butter, and some pineapple.

rcaz01

Awards
Protein powder with heavy cream, mmmmmm!

I also mix it with plain yogurt, cottage cheese, or another type of fat such as olive, coconut, or flax oil but a couple tbsp of cream along with some water is almost as good as ice cream.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
when bulking my last meal is almonds and 3 glasses of milk with 1 cup of cottage cheese. The carbs in milk digest slower than oatmeal so no one say "but milk has sugar in it"

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
before bed, if i wanna gain weight:
it's either 2 servings full fat cott cheese and 2 servings almonds or

6 oz steak, 2 eggs, 1 slice cheese in the eggs, chased with milled flax drink

if i cut weight, it's just a serving of cottage cheese and maybe some kind of nut (almonds or walnuts or peanuts)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 cup oats, 1 chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I take it your not a carb cut-off person
No chance. I eat that meal sometimes 1/2 hour pre bed, and still wake up tight and vascular. I usually pop an AP before I goto bed though, to prevent lipolysis during the night.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
No chance. I eat that meal sometimes 1/2 hour pre bed, and still wake up tight and vascular. I usually pop an AP before I goto bed though, to prevent lipolysis during the night.

Props to you man. I've wanted to try the carb prior to bed strategy for a while but I know my body and it will seriously f me up as far as fat gain goes though. I find it funny when people with super efficient metabolisms (either straight up ectos or ecto-mesos) are petrified of carbs before bed.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Props to you man. I've wanted to try the carb prior to bed strategy for a while but I know my body and it will seriously f me up as far as fat gain goes though. I find it funny when people with super efficient metabolisms (either straight up ectos or ecto-mesos) are petrified of carbs before bed.
I'm the definition of Ecto buddy. I have under 6" wrists. But, then on the other hand, it makes my 14" forearms look big!

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Great to hear it's working for you. I would love to try it myself, but I'm in the same boat as OCC. My body doesn't respond well to carbs later in the evening. Since I've started cutting them out after about 6:30 I have noticed a big difference. I've never tried it with AP though. Maybe when I get daring one day I'll give it a try.

I hate those people. One of the guys that lives beside me has the perfect genetics for bodybuilding. He hardly works out and is huge. Eats whatever he wants and drinks all the time, but stays lean and continues to put on straight muscle, all while keeping his abs.

I'm in the same boat man. My body would just pile on the fat if I tried to do a carb meal prior to bed.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I can develop a little bit of a belly, but I have to try - hard. For example, I ate a Little Caesar's Hot N' Ready pizza everyday for a week straight, and two weeks later, without cutting cals, I'm back to 9%.

It's a ***** for me to put on mass though.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I'm the definition of Ecto buddy. I have under 6" wrists. But, then on the other hand, it makes my 14" forearms look big!
Its odd. People always complain about being an ecto and its so damn hard to put on mass, but then they have benefits such as smaller joints to make the surrounding muscles look bigger (then endos complaining about fat gain and such.) Pros/Cons with everything. I'm definitely an endo/meso leaning towards endo, and I actually just measured mine and there 7.5 inches.

Great to hear it's working for you. I would love to try it myself, but I'm in the same boat as OCC. My body doesn't respond well to carbs later in the evening. Since I've started cutting them out after about 6:30 I have noticed a big difference. I've never tried it with AP though. Maybe when I get daring one day I'll give it a try.

I hate those people. One of the guys that lives beside me has the perfect genetics for bodybuilding. He hardly works out and is huge. Eats whatever he wants and drinks all the time, but stays lean and continues to put on straight muscle, all while keeping his abs.

I'm in the same boat man. My body would just pile on the fat if I tried to do a carb meal prior to bed.
The only way I would ever try it would be with AP prior, but even then I would have to monitor the first few weeks insanely close to see what was happening. Also I think you mean you envy those people, not hate them :D.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I can develop a little bit of a belly, but I have to try - hard. For example, I ate a Little Caesar's Hot N' Ready pizza everyday for a week straight, and two weeks later, without cutting cals, I'm back to 9%.

It's a ***** for me to put on mass though.
I would swell up like a balloon if I ate pizza every night before bed for a week.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Also I think you mean you envy those people, not hate them :D.
It's a love hate relationship. Why do they deserve those genetics if they aren't going to do anything with them.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Why do they deserve those genetics if they aren't going to do anything with them.
Because it makes everyone else who actually cares around them work that much harder in the gym. I would easily kill for genetics like that but I also love the hard ass work I have to do to compensate for the lack of them (minus calves, I train calves like an animal and still get mediocre results. Although DC is sort of helping.)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would swell up like a balloon if I ate pizza every night before bed for a week.
Oh, not necessarily before bed, just whenever. A few times it was my last meal, even a few times two pizzas a day. I have willpower to switch it off though. Now I've eaten my broccoli, chicken, tuna, fat-free ground, etc., for three weeks straight.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Because it makes everyone else who actually cares around them work that much harder in the gym. I would easily kill for genetics like that but I also love the hard ass work I have to do to compensate for the lack of them (minus calves, I train calves like an animal and still get mediocre results. Although DC is sort of helping.)
It would just be nice to combine that hard ass work with some great genetics, but what can you do. Just make the best out of what you got.

I also have had some decent results in the past using the DC method for calves.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
looks like I'll be trying the cottage cheese and alternate with almonds route... I'm not sure about having 6 oz steak, 2 eggs or having 1 cup oats, 1 chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli before bed i think that would make too hard getting out of bed the next day ;)

thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop of whey in water and 2 tblspns of natty PB

brandoppsx

brandoppsx

Awards
Haha, mine's normally not all that well planned out...it tends to waver from day to day...lately it's been cottage cheese, but the amounts are almost never consistent. For instance, I had ten ounces a couple nights ago, and last night I had 6 and some yogurt. One of my old favorites was just some ON MRP...

And then other nights i've done the 7 oz lean steak and sweet potato...so yeah...it's like they say though, variety is the spice of life :) SO damn spicy ;)

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
shake/choc milk/1 tsp of peanut butter 30 minutes pre-bed, every night.....

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, tablespoon of fish oil

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, tablespoon of fish oil
I like the idea of having boiled eggs that but does not hold me through the nigh well, maybe it b/c i only eat the whites, as for fish oils i have them w/ breakfast and lunch everyday.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya bro, the fats from the 3 whole eggs and the fish oil help to keep it somewhat filling. I sometimes have a glass of water w/ psyllium about a half hour after that to help with the full feeling as well but that definately doesn't count as a meal, or favorite.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
I have about 1 cup of cottage cheese and a tsp of ground flax seed

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i had a roommate who only worked out about twice a week. just did pullups and bench/close grip and bb curls. dude ate like crap all day, and had like two quarter-pounders each night before bed with fries. was cut up and had a phenomonal upper body.

DAMN HIM.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
favorite last meal before bed? puss, err, protein, hehehe.
seriously though, the leanest source of protein i have on hand, like some turkey bacon, a few slices of lunch meat, etc. I really feel best when I eat a whole food that's 90% protein, it helps me wake up hungry for oats in the morning.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
i had a roommate who only worked out about twice a week. just did pullups and bench/close grip and bb curls. dude ate like crap all day, and had like two quarter-pounders each night before bed with fries. was cut up and had a phenomonal upper body.

DAMN HIM.
genetics are the darnedest thing

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
Fitnutz powdered peanut butter in a vanilla chocolate protien shake made almost like a milkshake.. and I add a tad of coolwhip lite. sweeet dreams!! lol

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established

DAMN HIM.

Everyone says damn genetics but has anyone tried it? nuh uh.

Oh and was your room mate black? Cause there is no getting around it that more black people are shredded just naturally.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established

Oh and was your room mate black? Cause there is no getting around it that more black people are shredded just naturally.
Wouldn't that have something to do with genetics?? :lol:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established

i figured that it went without saying, but i'll tell you, yes, he was black.

ptdanny

Awards
Yeah i beat my calves to death and went heavy always & had great veins showing, and strength but not much size gains, and my right came out a 1/2 in bigger than my left :[

Before bed i always have a scoop of whey or casein protein, with an egg & lean meat omlett, natty PB or low fat cottage cheese.

Maybe its just me, but i LOVE my last meal foods, i could eat them forever.

asap1

Awards
One of my favorite last meal is two small turkey burgers with diced onions, red peppers, seasoning and low calorie home made honey barbecue sauce and goat or low fat swiss cheese. High protein, doesn't upset the stomach and is very satisfying. Top it off with some green seedless grapes and some Cyrstal light and you will be ready to sleep.