Tuna... not your typical TUNA thread

Smokey3957

Awards
Whatsup guys,

Ever since I've started cutting, and woofing down that tuna, I have a little issue. Well, not really an issue lol, but it's kinda weird.

Everytime I eat my tuna salad concoction (tuna, fat-free mayo, relish... sometimes crab, sometimes diced up dill pickles instead of relish) shortly there after, when its time to take a leak, I run to the bathroom, unzip, and let loose. MAN does my piss stink! It's almost bad enough to make my eyes water, and definitely bad enough to make my nose run...

Lol. So maybe its not bad enough to make my nose run, but it stinks pretty bad. It smells like one of those pisses you take when you wake up after finishing a case of beer the night before, except worse.

My question for you guys is, do ya'll think it's the dill relish that's making it stink like that? It only happens after I ear tuna salad. I don't think it happens when I just ear regular tuna, but then again, I haven't eatin tuna plan in a few months. Oh well, no biggie if it is, it's still damn good and easy to make and packed full of protein. :head:

Looking forward to the responses

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
hmn maybe you dont get enough water. Or maybe it could be the pickles. :jaw:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
lol some of you guys over think things, stinky pee is one of them!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's the salts and amines in the tuna

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I get it everyday...no big deal...sinner, i think it's more than the sodium/aminos...

Try and eat some asparagus and see what your piss smells like.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get it everyday...no big deal...sinner, i think it's more than the sodium/aminos...

Try and eat some asparagus and see what your piss smells like.
There's a sulfonide in asparagus that gets released in your piss.

Fish easily degrades giving off amonia nast. Ever put lemon on your fish to make it taste better?

HARDtotheCORE

Awards
i get that every time i eat tuna... so like everyday

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Either way, you're in the bathroom...does it really matter?

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
I know when I hit Ketosis on low carb I get the same foulness
Is that also ammonia build up.

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
I know when I hit Ketosis on low carb I get the same foulness
Is that also ammonia build up.
Ammonia, yes...but I also think that the Ketone bodies present in the urine themselves lend to the wonderful odor.:blink:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ammonia, yes...but I also think that the Ketone bodies present in the urine themselves lend to the wonderful odor.:blink:
Gotta love the smell of urine. Instead of using expensive colognes, I just disguise myself as a girlscout and call up R. Kelly.

Smokey3957

Awards
Haha thanks guys. I'm not too worried about the smell, just found it kind of akward.

BTW, mixing in some natural pre-cooked crab meat is a GREAT way to mix things up. It tastes amazing.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude, off the subject, but not - Morning-Wood pee is the worst - ouch!

Birdsizzle

Awards
Are you guys really eating tuna everyday?

If so, is it chunk light or albacore? I used to eat tuna and tilapia quite frequently as well but I have since been educated on the dangers of such high fish consumption.

Anyone eating it daily should review the literature on mercury toxicity. There are numerous websites that list the the mercury content of not only tuna, but all popular fish.

The smart thing to do is limit yourself to about 8 oz/week of fish, regardless of the type your are consuming.

The current literature was a real eye opener for me. Don't take my word for it though, the facts are out there.

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards

If so, is it chunk light or albacore? I used to eat tuna and tilapia quite frequently as well but I have since been educated on the dangers of such high fish consumption.

Anyone eating it daily should review the literature on mercury toxicity. There are numerous websites that list the the mercury content of not only tuna, but all popular fish.

The smart thing to do is limit yourself to about 8 oz/week of fish, regardless of the type your are consuming.

The current literature was a real eye opener for me. Don't take my word for it though, the facts are out there.
I eat Trader Joe's chunk light tongol, and I've done my research on the mercury content. This particular brand has the lowest content of any of the major brands of canned tuna, including chunk light.

The best way to eat it is to add sour cream and hot sauce.
Fat free mayo? What is the point of that? If it has no fat it's going to have carbs.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You don't belong on this board. Leave now.

Cheap protein is safe protein!

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Ive never had any problems with my pee smelling bad after eating Tuna! I mix my tuna with rice/cheese, sprinkle some salt/pepper, its great or just right out the can!