What to add to Eggs??? - AnabolicMinds.com

What to add to Eggs???

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    What to add to Eggs???


    So I eat 1cup of Rolled Oats and 8 Eggwhite/2 Yolks every morning. I prepare both in the Microwave, because I have a pretty hectic and early morning.

    I usually put some Salt Free Ketchup onto the eggs, but I don't really want to do this anymore. Any ideas of what can be added easily to add some flavor?

    The only think i have some up with so far is salsa...

  2. WillB123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    129

    Reputation

    Tabasco, this one mexican hot sauce called Tamazula ain't bad either. I ran out of Tostito's salsa so now I'm usin La Victoria's taco sauce, not bad at all.

    EDIT: If you're not too worried about it, sour cream and eggs is sexy.
  3. thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    Cook some peppers, mushrooms, and/or onions into it

    If you're looking for some extra protein, some diced ham makes for a stellar omlette.

    Tabasco sauce makes ANYTHING taste good.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
    •   
       

  4. PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    more along the lines of tobasco and salsa...


    you know, something that can be added quickly and doesn't have to be cooked...
  5. dsw222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    249
    Rep Power
    217

    Reputation

    i think skim cheese makes eggs taste a bit better... melt it in with the eggs while they cook

    also, i occasionally use sugar free maple syrup on my eggs and its almost like im eating french toast (without the bread lol)

    or maybe try subbing out the oats for some whole wheat toast and slap the eggs between the toast for a sandwich... any little difference is a welcome change of taste
  6. thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    You can always man up and shotgun it all in a glass, Rocky Balboa style.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  7. PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    I won't eat any kind of processed bread, whole wheat or otherwise...

    Thanks for the tips though guys...gives me some ideas...i'll let yall know what i pick up at the market.
  8. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    PI, pick up some Kraft fat-free shredded cheese. It's not processed, low sodium, no fat, and an extra 9 grams of protein per 1/4 cup serving. Throw some salsa, with a touch of Frank's (also low-sodium) in with the cheese and it's really good.
  9. PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    mullet...that **** it too complicated...i'm all about the easy meals...

    haha

    I'll check out that kraft cheese though...
  10. somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    2335

    Reputation

    I love dill on my eggs, i eat popcorn seasoning like catnip for humans.
  11. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    mullet...that **** it too complicated...i'm all about the easy meals...

    haha

    I'll check out that kraft cheese though...
    Dude, you're from NJ so the toxic waste probably denatured your brain, so I'll break it down.

    a) break eggs into cup
    b) place hand in eazy-zip bag, take pinch of pre-shredded cheese into cup
    c) place hot sauce into cup
    d) microwave

  12. PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    I see, I didn't know what you meant by franks...

    this sounds like a great plan...i'll try it in the am.
  13. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    You'll like it. It's honestly the only reason I can handle eggs still. I've ate the same breakfast for three years straight, and have had to get pretty creative with variations.
  14. Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854638

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    You can always try what the Coneheads suggested on the parody of Family Feud.......
  15. RisingAgainst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Ahh.. you gotta love eggs and their simplicity.. though they do taste odd after you eat them for so long.. I use 9 whites/1 yolk due to high cholesterol issues, but nonetheless, I have some creative ideas for you to try, although they sound odd at first lol:

    Already mentioned but, green taco sauce from La Victoria is superb!

    Strawberry jelly... believe it or not is awesome with eggs. (sugar free of course)

    Cheese was also mentioned, but try using mozerella. (mmm)

    And my favorite for eggs, PEPPER! lol, I just like black pepper, a lot. Seems to make things taste much better. and No I do not smoke.. lol
  16. PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    Mullet...Franks Red Hot...

    PERFECT replacement for Ketchup...

    I hate the sodium content but it beats the High Frustose Corn Syrup any day of the week....
  17. heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1153

    Reputation

    good choice with the red hot, it works great for making anything taste better...
  18. thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    I buy it in gallon jugs from Sam's Club
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  19. BabyHulk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    856

    Reputation

    Just add a few "HOT" jalepenos for some extra spice! Always works for me. If thats too hot, just add the juice from the jar.
  20. brywal312's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    297

    Reputation

    I cook my eggs in the microwave about 10 minutes before work at work. I use ham, turkey, salt, and pepper. Rost beef is ok. One time i even mixed in some imitation crabmeat! Salsa is definitely always a good quickie!
  21. kcb5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    122

    Reputation

    Curry powder and black pepper. Trust me..
  22. getswole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    473

    Reputation

    Steak....add Steak.....Steak is the answer

    Steak & Eggs
    nothing better


    Steak,Eggs,Biscuits,Gravy,Frie d potatoes,and a plate full of bacon....Thats a breakfast
  23. jlowsho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    126

    Reputation

    salt free lemon pepper, and garlic are good and easy. Anything chipoltle. Ms. Dash makes a really good seasoning round up based on chipoltle. I don't like the reagular Ms. Dash.

    If your going with cheese, try putting some Cayanne and Chili powders on. It it's it a real southwestern spice.

    For Tobasco bottles aren't big enough. I like a lot of it, and I can go through a big bottle easily with in a week and it's too damn expensive to buy two bottles a week.

    just my 2 cents.

    j
  24. Stoni9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    118

    Reputation

    mmm sugar free relish. also marinara sauce!!! i nuke my eggs in the microwave, then throw on some cold marinara sauce so i can eat it right away...!!!
  25. John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33557

    Reputation

    Mushrooms . Black pepper, Tabacco sauce is ok some times.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  26. T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,882
    Rep Power
    4383840

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I try to eat them plain. With the way my stomach bothers me I have to eat a lot of bland stuff. If your cook them right they will taste pretty good. Hard Boiled, just don't over-cook them. The yolk should be bright yellow, no grey on the outside, that means it is over-cooked, and makes them stink to high heaven.
  27. DaBulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    112

    Reputation

    so... this may be dumb, but how long do you nuke the eggs for?? i've never cooked eggs in the microwave... are they still decent tasting?? would be a great time-saver.

    also, there's a brand of hot sauce called chalula (sold @ walmart and i think most grocery stores)... it's amazing
  28. PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBulls View Post
    so... this may be dumb, but how long do you nuke the eggs for?? i've never cooked eggs in the microwave... are they still decent tasting?? would be a great time-saver.

    also, there's a brand of hot sauce called chalula (sold @ walmart and i think most grocery stores)... it's amazing

    I'll try that hot sauce out...thanks.

    I eat 9 whites and 1 yolk and i basically nuke them on high for 2 minutes, then stir, then another 2 minutes, then stir, then another 2 minutes and you're ready to go.

    While they're cooking I'm eating my oats so it ends up being the biggest time saver in the am.
  29. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    eggs in the micro.....always thought of it thanks for the tip.

    cheese n pepper always works for me.
  30. gdbear65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    239

    Reputation

    This recipe takes a little time to make, but it is well worth it and it makes enough to last 6 to 8 days - just be sure to keep it refigerated.

    Spinach & Egg Bake

    Ingredients:

    6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites
    2 bags spinach or 4 bundles (or substituted 2 cups broccoli florettes, or combine broccoli & cauliflower and carrots)
    3 tomatoes, chopped (or use canned, diced tomatoes)
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 lg onion, chopped
    ˝ cup goat feta cheese, crumbled (or shredded cheddar depending on veggies)
    1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil (I use Macadamia nut oil)
    2 cups club soda
    sea salt & coarse black pepper to taste
    1 tsp hot chilies or ˝ tsp nutmeg (optional)
    2 cups shrimp, prawns, white fish, salmon, scallops, chicken or turkey

    Grease 8X14 (lasagne) baking dish. In a skillet, add oil and lightly sauté onion, mushrooms, peppers and garlic. Wash spinach (if by the bunch), add to steamer, bring to boil and turn heat off, not lifting the lid. Let sit approximately 10 minutes. (If using broccoli, etc, don’t steam, add raw). In large bowl, break eggs and adding whites, whip with fork. Add club soda, salt and pepper chillies, or nutmeg. Stir and add to greased baking dish. Add spinach (or broc, cauli, carrots), tomatoes, cheese and protein. Top w/ parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
  31. jlowsho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    126

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by gdbear65 View Post
    This recipe takes a little time to make, but it is well worth it and it makes enough to last 6 to 8 days - just be sure to keep it refigerated.

    Spinach & Egg Bake

    Ingredients:

    6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites
    2 bags spinach or 4 bundles (or substituted 2 cups broccoli florettes, or combine broccoli & cauliflower and carrots)
    3 tomatoes, chopped (or use canned, diced tomatoes)
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 lg onion, chopped
    ˝ cup goat feta cheese, crumbled (or shredded cheddar depending on veggies)
    1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil (I use Macadamia nut oil)
    2 cups club soda
    sea salt & coarse black pepper to taste
    1 tsp hot chilies or ˝ tsp nutmeg (optional)
    2 cups shrimp, prawns, white fish, salmon, scallops, chicken or turkey

    Grease 8X14 (lasagne) baking dish. In a skillet, add oil and lightly sauté onion, mushrooms, peppers and garlic. Wash spinach (if by the bunch), add to steamer, bring to boil and turn heat off, not lifting the lid. Let sit approximately 10 minutes. (If using broccoli, etc, don’t steam, add raw). In large bowl, break eggs and adding whites, whip with fork. Add club soda, salt and pepper chillies, or nutmeg. Stir and add to greased baking dish. Add spinach (or broc, cauli, carrots), tomatoes, cheese and protein. Top w/ parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
    When ever you post I can never get past your avatar.... I.. am... in love.
  32. CustomNW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    215

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    PI, pick up some Kraft fat-free shredded cheese. It's not processed, low sodium, no fat, and an extra 9 grams of protein per 1/4 cup serving. Throw some salsa, with a touch of Frank's (also low-sodium) in with the cheese and it's really good.
    I do this, cheddar cheese with some franks red hot, cant go wrong.
  33. gdbear65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    239

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jlowsho View Post
    When ever you post I can never get past your avatar.... I.. am... in love.

    I don't know who she is, but she's got some great assets
  34. CustomNW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    215

    Reputation

    Hey how do the eggs taste from the micro? Do you just nuke it in a regular bowl? Im sick of cleaning the pan, you know what I mean.
  35. PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    I use a microwave safe tupperware...

    They taste fine, not quite as good, but good enough. It's more of a time saver then anything.
  36. thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    I use a microwave safe tupperware...

    They taste fine, not quite as good, but good enough. It's more of a time saver then anything.
    What setting do you have the microwave at? I've been making the in the mic to save the time it takes to fry the damn things up. Only problem is that I think they sometimes get overcooked along the edges, and it gives me some pretty rank egg-farts.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  37. PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    What setting do you have the microwave at? I've been making the in the mic to save the time it takes to fry the damn things up. Only problem is that I think they sometimes get overcooked along the edges, and it gives me some pretty rank egg-farts.
    on high, but the wattage on my micro is pathetic...
  38. SacDIESEL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    109

    Reputation

    Whats do u guys think about egg beaters? I Use southwestern style cuz i dont need to use ketchup with them..Whats the negatives to using these opposed to REAL eggs?
  39. Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136023

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    6egg whites in a glass, 2 packets of splenda, splash of vanilla extract....bottoms up...
  40. PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2461

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SacDIESEL View Post
    Whats do u guys think about egg beaters? I Use southwestern style cuz i dont need to use ketchup with them..Whats the negatives to using these opposed to REAL eggs?
    There are a few advantages really. 1. they are pastureized so you can drink them straight from the carton. 2. the are more convenient.

    But the big con for me is price. I can get 18 eggs for 1.79 which is 2 days worth. Egg beaters always seem too expensive.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. what to add to the supp arsinol
    By king1033 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 12:30 PM
  2. Combating shutdown - What to add to my current pct?
    By beefjerky in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 03:03 AM
  3. What would you like to add to future PCT?
    By pistonpump in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 08:24 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 10:34 AM
  5. What to add to my ph stash?
    By fast89lx in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in