Homemade Sugar Free Strawberry Jam

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Pretty easy one here, I love strawberry jam but I can't handle all the sugar. In order to make a healthy alternative, I came up with this:

Place 2lbs frozen strawberries in the blender, blend until smooth. Take the blended strawberries and put them in a pot. Heat up ~3 cups water to boiling, then put it in the blender. Turn on the blender, take the top off and slowly add unflavored gelatin until the water is completely white and foamy with no clear layer on the bottom. Take the water-gelatin mixture and mix it with the blended strawberries, and heat it slowly until the bits of strawberry in the mixture dissolve. Add splenda to taste, pour in a container and chill in the refridgerator.

The jam this produces is low in sugar, has a decent amount of fiber and is fairly high in protein. If I were to venture a guess I would say about 3-4 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber per 50 calories

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Cool recipe. I'm going to try this for myself and if it works I'll make some for my diabetic father. Thanks Ex.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PhantomReaper Nutrition / Health 56
Supplements 7
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 2
hercules_22 Supplements 6
Anabolics 48