Bison Recipes

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
Any one have a good recipe to cook Bison? I was just going to grill it but wanted to hear some other ideas.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
It is a little dry. So I like adding feta cheese to it. Add chopped chives and you got yourself a tasty burger.

If you want a lower fat alternative: olive oil, black pepper, with a little salt. Worcesteshire sauce is also good; would be nice with a minced garlic or a finely chopped onion. If it falls apart when cooking, add an eggs.

More ideas:
http://www.eatingbuffalo.ca/recipes.htm

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro. I threw it in a pan and friend it with Jalopenos and abodo. It was pretty good.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro. I threw it in a pan and friend it with Jalopenos and abodo. It was pretty good.
i just swooped up sum of this too, gonna cook it up in a frying pan with evoo, braggs aminos, and a toasted onion and wochishire power, then gonna add in sum brown rice, mushrooms, bermuda onion,and garlic

mine wuz ground bison

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Nice brotha. You forgot that fryable queso fresco and whole wheat tortilla, ha ha.

i just swooped up sum of this too, gonna cook it up in a frying pan with evoo, braggs aminos, and a toasted onion and wochishire power, then gonna add in sum brown rice, mushrooms, bermuda onion,and garlic
Damn dude, getting fancy on me, lolz. Sounds like a solid meal.

raynev

raynev

Awards
add 1 tbs olive oil and montreal steak seasoning and cook into a burger. add bbq sauce = amazing

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
they have the bison all cuts at the Henrys out by me.

smoothballer

Awards
I love Bison, just wish it was cheaper around here

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bison is so much better than beef from a health standpoint, sad that it is entirely too under-produced therefore expensive. It does taste extremely good if you cook it right though you have to be careful with steaks, they can dry out easily as mentioned above.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
had bison T-bones lastnyte, FML thoses were way too good.

natandrb

natandrb

Awards
The trick with bison is too cook it at a slightly lower temp than you would with regular beef due to how lean it is. Sear it, then drop the temp and cook it to your preferred temp.

TeamT10

Awards
The trick with bison is too cook it at a slightly lower temp than you would with regular beef due to how lean it is. Sear it, then drop the temp and cook it to your preferred temp.
agreed

worcestire, cinnamon, and some pepper...sounds weird, but i love it

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
i just brown my bison in a skillet, add in some wild long grain brown rice and peas... a little hot sauce to jazz it up... simple, quick and easy

Joelvandekrol

Awards
bison patties taste great when pan broiled and sprayed with olive oil and steak seasoning until.. cook until the blood rises to surface of the meat.

primetime74

primetime74

Awards
I had some buffalo for the first time today. I really enjoyed it. I just browned it up in an electric skillet with some macademia nut oil. Its a great tasting meat. Being a Cajun, I had to add a lil Toneys Chacherie. I had that with some sweet potatos.

curls

curls

Awards
Is there a company like Omaha steaks that someone can recommend for bison

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thyrod Recipes 11
WPChickDiesel Nutrition / Health 17
hugry4more Nutrition / Health 30
Recipes 0
Weight Loss 5