Bison Recipes

1. Bison Recipes

Any one have a good recipe to cook Bison? I was just going to grill it but wanted to hear some other ideas.

2. It is a little dry. So I like adding feta cheese to it. Add chopped chives and you got yourself a tasty burger.

If you want a lower fat alternative: olive oil, black pepper, with a little salt. Worcesteshire sauce is also good; would be nice with a minced garlic or a finely chopped onion. If it falls apart when cooking, add an eggs.

More ideas:
    http://www.eatingbuffalo.ca/recipes.htm

3. Thanks bro. I threw it in a pan and friend it with Jalopenos and abodo. It was pretty good.
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by gymaddict20 View Post
    Thanks bro. I threw it in a pan and friend it with Jalopenos and abodo. It was pretty good.
    i just swooped up sum of this too, gonna cook it up in a frying pan with evoo, braggs aminos, and a toasted onion and wochishire power, then gonna add in sum brown rice, mushrooms, bermuda onion,and garlic

mine wuz ground bison

5. Quote Originally Posted by gymaddict20 View Post
    Thanks bro. I threw it in a pan and friend it with Jalopenos and abodo. It was pretty good.
    Nice brotha. You forgot that fryable queso fresco and whole wheat tortilla, ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by lyfespan View Post
    i just swooped up sum of this too, gonna cook it up in a frying pan with evoo, braggs aminos, and a toasted onion and wochishire power, then gonna add in sum brown rice, mushrooms, bermuda onion,and garlic
    Damn dude, getting fancy on me, lolz. Sounds like a solid meal.

6. add 1 tbs olive oil and montreal steak seasoning and cook into a burger. add bbq sauce = amazing

7. Quote Originally Posted by raynev View Post
    add 1 tbs olive oil and montreal steak seasoning and cook into a burger. add bbq sauce = amazing
    you need to get to the supermarket and look for this

http://bragg.com/products/la.html

tasty lil seasoning that has aminos too

8. never ate bison is it good?

9. they have the bison all cuts at the Henrys out by me.

10. I love Bison, just wish it was cheaper around here

11. Bison is so much better than beef from a health standpoint, sad that it is entirely too under-produced therefore expensive. It does taste extremely good if you cook it right though you have to be careful with steaks, they can dry out easily as mentioned above.

12. had bison T-bones lastnyte, FML thoses were way too good.

13. The trick with bison is too cook it at a slightly lower temp than you would with regular beef due to how lean it is. Sear it, then drop the temp and cook it to your preferred temp.

14. You should cook your steaks Sous-vide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide

15. Quote Originally Posted by natandrb View Post
    The trick with bison is too cook it at a slightly lower temp than you would with regular beef due to how lean it is. Sear it, then drop the temp and cook it to your preferred temp.
    agreed

worcestire, cinnamon, and some pepper...sounds weird, but i love it

16. Anywhere in northern ca that has them?

17. i just brown my bison in a skillet, add in some wild long grain brown rice and peas... a little hot sauce to jazz it up... simple, quick and easy

18. Quote Originally Posted by mymilkexpired View Post
    You should cook your steaks Sous-vide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide
    If I had $800+ for an immersion circulator I would!

19. bison patties taste great when pan broiled and sprayed with olive oil and steak seasoning until.. cook until the blood rises to surface of the meat.

20. I had some buffalo for the first time today. I really enjoyed it. I just browned it up in an electric skillet with some macademia nut oil. Its a great tasting meat. Being a Cajun, I had to add a lil Toneys Chacherie. I had that with some sweet potatos.

21. Is there a company like Omaha steaks that someone can recommend for bison

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone eat Bison burgers?
    By Jim Mills in forum Bulking
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 12:34 AM
  2. Bison?
    By lbarber in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 01:50 PM
  3. Anyone try Bison? Yummmmmy!
    By Jim Mills in forum Nutrition / Health