Lemon-gravy chicken

bleedingthrou

bleedingthrou

Awards
Alright i just made up this recipe about an hour ago, its pretty damn tasty, not too fattening either. Anyway, the gravy ends up w/ a slight tangy hint of lemon. I added a little bit of the gravy to some rice to add a little flavor. It should be really easy to make, i did it while playing Modern Warfare 2 this morning so you should have no problems at all. Also it should take some time, since youre cooking on a relatively low heat and uncovered, but the end result is worth it!

Ingredients:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic (if you like garlic, use 2)
8 oz h2o
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2-3 slices of lemon
3 tsp flour
1 Tbsp Smart Balance margarine
1 Tbsp Fresh ground pepper
½ tsp fresh ground Sea salt
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
8-10 oz Chicken broth

Directions:
In a large pan, on medium heat combine your olive oil and garlic. Once the garlic starts to lightly brown add your vinegar, ½ cup of water (be careful, it may splatter a little at first) and chicken breasts. After about 30 seconds flip your chicken and begin to season, add your onion and garlic powder, add a little extra to the water/vinegar. Sprinkle pepper and salt on the breasts. Now squeeze your lemon slices on both the chicken and water/vinegar, place whatever is left of the slices into your pan. Turn your heat down to a medium-low heat. Let cook for about 15 min then flip add your margarine at this point (you can add a little seasoning to this side since it has little seasoning), If the fluid starts getting too low add some more water, just be careful not to add too much water. Continue flipping every 15 mins until chicken is done DO NOT GET RID OF THE JUICE IN THE PAN!!! Once your chicken is done its time to make a good lean gravy! In mixing bowl, combine your chicken broth and flour as well as some fresh ground pepper to taste, whisk until a nice consistency free of lumps. Add this mix to your pan, let simmer until the gravy has reached a desired thickness and the flavors have combined. Serve your chicken and drizzle the gravy!

IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE MAKING THIS just send me a PM!

bleedingthrou

bleedingthrou

Awards
Oh yeah, try adding some broccoli after the second time you flip the chicken and let me know how it tastes.