Delicious Night Time Snack...

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
I have gotten kinda bored with plain old FF Cottage Cheese before bed. So, last night I decided to try something different to mix it up a bit. I wasn't really expected much out of it. Actually, I thought it'd be kind of disgusting. But as it turns out, I made the g/f try a bite and she said it was "delicious." She said it reminded her of chocolate cake batter almost. Now, I wouldn't go that far, but it was a nice change... Here it is:

Healthy Chocolate Cake Batter
3/4 cup Cottage Cheese of your preference (I used FF)
1/3 cup Plain FF Kefir
1/2 scoop ON Casein Chocolate flavor

1.) Mix Cottage Cheese and Kefir together in small bowl.
2.) Add Casein protein and mix well.
3.) Enjoy

Macros:
Fat: 0.5g
Carbs: 14.5g
Fiber: 1.5g
Protein: 38g

Not sure about the calories. If I divide them up from the calories on the labels, it comes out to be 185 calories. But if I add them up from the macros, I get about 209 calories. Either way, it's not bad at all IMO...

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Sorry bro, but that's the most disgusting night time snack ever.

To each his own. :lol:

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea what 'kefir' is but just thinking about Cottage Cheese makes me gag :sick: A healthy food but I just can't imagine eating it.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea what 'kefir' is but just thinking about Cottage Cheese makes me gag :sick: A healthy food but I just can't imagine eating it.

Kefir is like yogurt milk. It's like drinking a very sour congealed yogurt.

So they idea of mixing it with cottage cheese is like.... :wtf:

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
The sour-ness of the Kefir completely vanishes. It adds a bit of a yogurt flavor. I'm sure you could just use skim milk or whatever kind of milk it is you like in place of the Kefir though...

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The sour-ness of the Kefir completely vanishes. It adds a bit of a yogurt flavor. I'm sure you could just use skim milk or whatever kind of milk it is you like in place of the Kefir though...
I CAN SEE YOUR ASS CRACK IN YOUR AVATAR!

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Kefir..the milk of russia..its so good for you too, awesome, i love it so much, drink it all day.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
hahaha im serious when i say this, try some Peanut butter on bread with some banana slices and bacon.......sounds f*ckin nasty but its pretty good!!
try it! im serious guys!!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hahaha im serious when i say this, try some Peanut butter on bread with some banana slices and bacon.......sounds f*ckin nasty but its pretty good!!
try it! im serious guys!!
LOL NO!

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i am dead f*cking serious, just try it!! im not playing around here guys!!

i swear its tasty!!!:bb3:
and its healthy....besides the bacon .....

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
it really depends on the person, company of the bacon, and how healthy the person is.....lots of variables......i shouldnt have said bacon's not healthy.....

if you have a fat person who is trying to lose weight, and eats bacon that has been cooked in grease and has lots of fat on it...then its not going to help you very much........

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
can you find it in the U.S.??
isnt it f*cking sour??:bryce:

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
kefir isnt that sour. it's delicious and is basically yogurt in a bottle, just a little thicker. and like russian said it is very good for you if you get the right brand

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
can i find it in new york??
ya im sure you can at a local grocery store or something that's where i get mine. if it's not there you could check out like a whole foods or something like that.

here is what i drink and it's by the brand lifeway

LowFat Strawberry Kefir

new_KefirStrawberry.gif

Ingredients: Cultured Pasteurized Lowfat Milk, Nonfat Milk, Organic Cane Juice, Strawberry Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavors, Inulin (A Natural Dietary Fiber), Red Beet Juice For Color, Vit. A Palmitate, Vit. D3

NUTRITIONAL FACTS
SERVING SIZE 1 CUP (240mL), SERVINGS 4
Calories 174 Fat Cal 20 Total Fat: 2g
Sat Fat: 1.5g
Cholesterol: 10mg
Sodium: 125mg
Total Carb: 25g
Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 21g
Protein: 14g

Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Vitamin D 25%, Calcium 30%, Iron 0%

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
whats so special about it....looks alot like whole milk..........--

edit: never mind, looked at the serving sizes...im gunna see if hannaford has it...if not im gunna have to find it...looks good!

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i cant find it ANY WHERE!! i really wanna try it!

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
hahaha i hear you on that, and i think you would like my sandwich lol!
i hated peanut butter growing up but now i cant get enough of it! ggreaat stuff!!

willwes

willwes

Awards
Kefir is like yogurt milk. It's like drinking a very sour congealed yogurt.

So they idea of mixing it with cottage cheese is like.... :wtf:

A peanut butter, bananna, and bacon sandwich to chase down with sour milk, cottage cheese, and casein powder??? you guys must get some really good hydro!

I think I just threw up in my mouth.....

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
I used to culture my own Kefit everyday for a few months at Home since i couldn't be bothered to buy any ready made ones in the UK (not sure if we can get any here)

Its a bit sour, but its a taste that grows on you. Supposed to have good benefits for the digestive system and help Lactose intolerance because of all the friendly bacteria in the Kefir.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
they dont have it at hannaford, so im gunna try target or something....

dizdabiz

Awards
A peanut butter, bananna, and bacon sandwich to chase down with sour milk, cottage cheese, and casein powder??? you guys must get some really good hydro!

hahaha! i seriosly nearly peed myself laughing when i read that!:wink1:

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
wow, you guys are making me feel bad...kinda like a freak :(.......im very depressed....im gunna go eat a sandwich :( and get fat :(

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established

can yall hook it up?? lol i wouldnt eat a pb and bacon sandwich ever. sounds like some soul food or something.