pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Cumin and Franks Hot Sauce

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
garlic powder (go heavy), cumin (light), pepper, salt to taste.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Try not to eat ground meat. It's way bad for you. Prime cuts of meat are better all the way around.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Try not to eat ground meat. It's way bad for you. Prime cuts of meat are better all the way around.
Bad for you says who? The government? :toofunny:

Guys, what is cumin?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Minced garlic. It add a TON of flavor, oh, and Tony Chacheries (sp) cajun seasoning.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established

Guys, what is cumin?
Cumin is a spice, it will give you a Taco/chili type taste to your wholesome and healthy ground beef! My advice would be to look for it in like the ethnic section of the grocery store though because it is usually a lot cheaper when you buy a bag of it in the ethnic isle compared to buying a little shaker of it from McCormick....

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been doing the AD diet now Rugger?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Too long. LOL.

I started and followed pretty closely when I logged shred matrix. Since then I've been low carbing, but refeeds are loosely followed. I would be having much better results if I actually tried :icon_lol:

I'm also moving towards a bulk. This week I started 2800 calories up from 2200 and I'll keep going up until I hit about 3600 and then I'll adjust.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, salt. This is what I use for ground turkey.

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
Here are my suggestions. mix and match with these:
- Lots of cumin.
- Chipotle flavored Tabasco hot sauce (awesome with or without the cumin)
- a little bit of onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- salt (mixed into the meat before cooking)

crazym

Awards
Taco/burrito seasoning mix, mexican style tomato puree and low fat sour cream. Thats my combo.
You could just use the seasoning if you dont want the few carbs from the puree and sour cream, or eat it raw.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
Sautee some Garlic, Onions, and then some crushed chilies if you like spice. Also add some cumin, coriander and oregano.

wat he said not many carbs in pepers and whole garlic and onions

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established

Maybe you've never been to a slaughterhouse or worked in a meat processing plant, perhaps you have'nt heard of "Mad Cow Disease" then again maybe you are raising your own cattle, hogs and chicken and have absolutely no concern about what they are fed and how they are treated.
Yes the government did make public the fact that SOME infected cattle from canada and mexico entered our commercial food supply, but that there werent enough INFECTED head to "really be concerned about"! Hey, somebody give that guy a cheeseburger!

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
yep - the more you have to chew it - the better it is for the muscle!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I use a small amount of tobasco, then black pepper, small amounts of red pepper flake and cayenne pepper, garlic salt and crushed garlic.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Mrs. Dash.

Lots of flavors to choose from!

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Mix italian sausage taken out of the case and mixed with hamburger, one or two egg, some ketchup, worstischshire sauce, pepper, minnced garlic, minnced bell pepper, minced raw bacon, some blended whole wheat bread, garlic salt mix and shape as meatloaf. Put some ketchup rubb it over the loaf layer bacon and then bake. Go for a good consistency not two watery. You could also subtract the bread maybe with a little cheese.

I have been thinking about a recipe for some kind of curry meatloaf.

Mixing italian sausage in to hamburger adds a different flavor even with just straight burgers.

I like to eat steak and eggs sometimes I eat a burger, two fried eggs, a bit of mayo and a bit of a1 steak sauce. Poor mans steak and eggs.

Off subject but I like hot dogs with a slit down the middle, stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon then baked. Its like low carb junk food.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established

Maybe you've never been to a slaughterhouse or worked in a meat processing plant, perhaps you have'nt heard of "Mad Cow Disease" then again maybe you are raising your own cattle, hogs and chicken and have absolutely no concern about what they are fed and how they are treated.
Yes the government did make public the fact that SOME infected cattle from canada and mexico entered our commercial food supply, but that there werent enough INFECTED head to "really be concerned about"! Hey, somebody give that guy a cheeseburger!

okay, first off mad cow disease is not an issue in the states....even the english havent had probs in years. and for another thing, if a cow was infected the meat would be tainted whether it was ground or in a "prime cut". and on top of that, i dont know how it is where u live but heres a suprise.....99.5% of the people on earth have never worked in a slaughterhouse.

and i prefer garlic powder, pepper and tony cacheres cajun seasoning for my beef.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established

I must be sick as hell then because I've been eating beef for 22 years!

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
yep - the more you have to chew it - the better it is for the muscle!
the more you chew it the harder it is to digest. ground is easier to get down, better digestion, and more nutrients due to increased surface area. its hard enough eating all the time let alone chewing everything extra just to get it broken up good.

there is such a thing as lean ground beef and my favorite is having the butcher grind up my lean cuts and whole broils even. this all is dependant on price of course since i only by cheap marked down meat!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
minced garlic, a bit of soy sauce, black pepper, some mustard (ground mustard seed, not liquid), paprika, and then dunk that cooked up concoction in low-carb ketchup. bomb. i promise.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
put some mrs.dash on there she never does you wrong!!, along with some cheese, tomatos, pickles, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, you got a mad BOMB burger!!!
also whats really good cook up the ground meat like a burger with cheese on it cut it up into lil pieces and then throw some maggi sauce all over the meat omg soo bomb and less carbs to worry about if your like that...

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I see this has been bumped.

Well I've just been throwing on half a cup of cheese and then medium taco sauce. It's pretty awesome.

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
The only seasoning I ever use with my ground beef is curry. Most people I know don't like it, but it's the way to go.

Mrs. Dash is always nice to have, especially if your sodium intake is high, which mine tends to be on CKD.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I used to go to a steak house and ask for their seasoning. Worked out awesome for me.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ground turkey just chop up some garlic and red onion and mix it in and grill... my fav can just eat plain afterwards no ketchup

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Montreal Steak Seasoning dude.. amazing

Then throw in some crush red peppers.... so good... :p

Last edited:
Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was looking over my spice rack and I noticed that Chile Powder doesn't have any cals, carbs or anything. Also, only 10mg of sodium per tsp. I might try this myself later.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Chilli Powder and ground beef huh? sounds likes an awesome start for a burger.. i will have to try this one as well

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone ever tried wors sauce in their burger or ground beef? i usually stick close to my normal seasoning.... just looking to see if anyone has...

Also to add to my other seasoning.. try Cajun.. mmm cajun..

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Has anyone ever tried wors sauce in their burger or ground beef? i usually stick close to my normal seasoning.... just looking to see if anyone has...

Also to add to my other seasoning.. try Cajun.. mmm cajun..
I love wors sauce. I hardly ever eat roast beef without it, I use some on my steaks too if I accidentally cook them too long.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
So the wors will help the steaks be less dry if you over cook them...

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
The only seasoning I ever use with my ground beef is curry. Most people I know don't like it, but it's the way to go.

Mrs. Dash is always nice to have, especially if your sodium intake is high, which mine tends to be on CKD.
Same. But I'm getting in about 2 gallons of water a day, so I honestly disregard it. Especially since ketones have a dieuretic effect, the extra salt isn't such a bad thing :)

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So the wors will help the steaks be less dry if you over cook them...
It's a flavor thing for me. I really don't prefer well done meat, so if I cook em too long then I just toss some of that on it so I can stand it!

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is where it's at!

http://bragg.com/products/la.html

Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contains the following Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts:

16 Amino Acids
Alanine
Arginine
Aspartic Acid
Glutamic Acid
Glycine
Histidine
Isoleucine
Leucine
Methionine
Phenylalanine
Proline
Serine
Threonine
Tyrosine
Valine
Lysine

Great on Salads & Dressings, Soups, Veggies, Rice & Beans, Tofu, Wok & Stir-frys, Tempeh, Casseroles, Potatoes, Meats, Poultry, Fish, Jerky, Popcorn, Gravies & Sauces, Macrobiotics.

Ingredients: Our Bragg Liquid Aminos are made from health-giving, NON-GMO soybeans and purified water. They are an excellent, healthy, gourmet replacement for Tamari and Soy Sauce. Not fermented or heated and Gluten-Free.

Bragg's has a small amount of naturally occurring sodium. No table salt is added. If less sodium is desired use a 6 oz. Bragg's spray bottle and dilute with 1/3 distilled water or to taste and then either add in or spray on food.

Health Benefits:

A source of delicious, nutritious, life-renewing protein.

Taste you'll love - Nutrition you need.

Great on salads, veggies, dressings, soups, rice, beans, Wok foods, tofu, gravies, jerky, poultry, fish, popcorn, meats, casseroles, potatoes and most foods.
Contains important healthy amino acids
Bragg Liquid Aminos contains:

no chemicals
no artificial coloring
no alcohol

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is where it's at!

http://bragg.com/products/la.html

Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contains the following Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts:

16 Amino Acids
Alanine
Arginine
Aspartic Acid
Glutamic Acid
Glycine
Histidine
Isoleucine
Leucine
Methionine
Phenylalanine
Proline
Serine
Threonine
Tyrosine
Valine
Lysine

Great on Salads & Dressings, Soups, Veggies, Rice & Beans, Tofu, Wok & Stir-frys, Tempeh, Casseroles, Potatoes, Meats, Poultry, Fish, Jerky, Popcorn, Gravies & Sauces, Macrobiotics.

Ingredients: Our Bragg Liquid Aminos are made from health-giving, NON-GMO soybeans and purified water. They are an excellent, healthy, gourmet replacement for Tamari and Soy Sauce. Not fermented or heated and Gluten-Free.

Bragg's has a small amount of naturally occurring sodium. No table salt is added. If less sodium is desired use a 6 oz. Bragg's spray bottle and dilute with 1/3 distilled water or to taste and then either add in or spray on food.

Health Benefits:

A source of delicious, nutritious, life-renewing protein.

Taste you'll love - Nutrition you need.

Great on salads, veggies, dressings, soups, rice, beans, Wok foods, tofu, gravies, jerky, poultry, fish, popcorn, meats, casseroles, potatoes and most foods.
Contains important healthy amino acids
Bragg Liquid Aminos contains:

no chemicals
no artificial coloring
no alcohol
What does this stuff taste like? Have you tried it?

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What does this stuff taste like? Have you tried it?
Yes I have a bottle in the fridge. Some stores carry it so you don't have to buy online, just depends on where you live. It taste like a lighter soy sauce, but not as salty. I used to buy reduced sodium soy sauce, but I haven't bought any since I found this about 1 yr ago. I think it has a good taste, I like it alot it. I've used it on ground beef, lean steak strips for stir fry, chicken stir fry, ground turkey, brown rice, chicken, shrimp and veggies.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes I have a bottle in the fridge. Some stores carry it so you don't have to buy online, just depends on where you live. It taste like a lighter soy sauce, but not as salty. I used to buy reduced sodium soy sauce, but I haven't bought any since I found this about 1 yr ago. I think it has a good taste, I like it alot it. I've used it on ground beef, lean steak strips for stir fry, chicken stir fry, ground turkey, brown rice, chicken, shrimp and veggies.
I might just have to give that a try as I love soy sauce. I don't get to eat it anymore cause it's so horrible for you, even the light stuff.

Sorry: I lost my train of thought, because I peeked at your avatar again!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I couldnt find it at my grocery store.. is there a site to order it from?

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
i use pepper, garlic salt, dehydrated onion powder and blend those things in equal proportions into one bottle to use all the time on almost anything.

montreal steak seasoning is exxcellent.

you can mix worcestershire sauce in your burger, sometimes i chop onions and add them in. If i am feelin real crazy i either mix in blue cheese crumbles or grated cheddar, then chopped bacon and i crack an egg or 2 in there, and throw in some bread crumbs to make the patties hold together better. then pour in a shot of whiskey.(you can still do it without the bread crumbs, it just helps as a binder with the egg and holds some of the added moisture of the whiskey and egg.

ground beef is not bad, it is the meat exposed to the surface which *may* possibly have been contaminated with bacteria at some point. otherwise the meat is sterile. this is why we are able to eat a steak meduim rare without worry, we have cooked off any bacteria that may be on the surface of the meat. the interior does not matter. with ground meat however, it is a wise idea to cook it through because the surface meat and interior have been all mixed together. There is no "mad cow" in the states. and you arent going to get it here, or probably anywhere else. :)

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
last night I made a pound of ground beef with ~5 ounces of chorizo mixed in... the stuff was bomb.

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Last edited: