HELP!

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been lifting consistently six days a week got the past 3 years. In the past year and a half I've gained no muscle. And put on fat. My diet is on point. I eat 2000 calories on a cut, with 500 or so cals of cardio, and on a bulk I eat around 4k. I eat 1.5-2 gs of protein and sufficient fat as well. I push myself in the gym and am starting to lose motivation because I'm getting nowhere, it just seems pointless. What could be the problem? I'm 5'9 and 175 currently, and according to measurements I'm 19% bf. Which is ridiculous considering how much i workout and how healthy i eat. I was 6% before i hit my plateau thinking about doing some comps. But now that goal is shot. Someone help tell me what could be wrong, thank you!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cut out your carbs !

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I eat about 250 gs of carbs a day. I've been thinking about going back on keto and seeing how that worked for me. I could see how eating a surplus of carbs could cause fat gain, however I dont see why itd stump my muscle growth

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're obviously eating too much. 4k per day as in 24 hours or as in waking up/going to bed?

You need probably about 1800kcal/24 hours (resting) and doing 2500kcal/12 hours would most likely give you weight, might even be too much.

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
carbs are good in the morning, how old are you I went thru a metabolism shift at age 26 where I starting putting on weight

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're obviously eating too much. 4k per day as in 24 hours or as in waking up/going to bed?

You need probably about 1800kcal/24 hours (resting) and doing 2500kcal/12 hours would most likely give you weight, might even be too much.
My tdee should be about 2500 with my weight and with my cardio and qeightlifting during my bulk that's about 3500

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
I'm only 21
at your age you should be burning fat watching tv, you may need to watch carbs, how long have you been off cycle and are you taking anything? at 21 I was partying everyday so if your on beer thats a lot of sugar

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
at your age you should be burning fat watching tv, you may need to watch carbs, how long have you been off cycle and are you taking anything? at 21 I was partying everyday so if your on beer thats a lot of sugar
Been off cycle for about 5 months. Still was super lethargic and had do sex drive so My dumbass tried starting trt myself 3 weeks ago but I'm going to discontinue that and see an endo when I get health insurance. Idk if I should pct from this or not though, been doing 16p mgs of test a week, also I dont drink, once every week or two tops. I try to consume almost no sugar at all

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
seeing an endo is good, you did a tren cycle that will sometimes affect you long after pct. your test may be low so you definately need labs

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
seeing an endo is good, you did a tren cycle that will sometimes affect you long after pct. your test may be low so you definately need labs
Would I need to pct again from just three weeks of trt or would my body start producing naturally again when Its out of my system?

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
its possible your pct was bunk, but its been a long time, its best to get labs and see where your at. my guess is your your test is low and your E2 is probably back in range now. dont tell your doc you were on steroids, if they ask just say you only buy the preworkout stuff from gnc

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
your so young a doctor would probably hesitate to put you on TRT, you need to see what your T level is

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its possible your pct was bunk, but its been a long time, its best to get labs and see where your at. my guess is your your test is low and your E2 is probably back in range now. dont tell your doc you were on steroids, if they ask just say you only buy the preworkout stuff from gnc
Ironic that's where I work lol, but like I said I've been doing trt myself for three weeks. Last shot Sunday. I read a bit and thought it was a good idea. After reading more I realized how stupid of a decision it was. My question is should I pct from this low test dose or will I be fine without. Ill get bloods done as soon as this is out of my system so about in 2 weeks

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you put yourself on TRT? how much are you using a week?
Yes.. I was getting sick of having no energy through work and my workouts. My gf was getting quite irritated with me too lol. It's only been 3 weeks, and I've been on 160-170 mgs a week.

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
Yes.. I was getting sick of having no energy through work and my workouts. My gf was getting quite irritated with me too lol. It's only been 3 weeks, and I've been on 160-170 mgs a week.
are you feeling better? you may be diferrent but around 150 a week puts me in a sweet spot where I dont need an AI my estrogen stays low. once I venture into the 200mg range then I start to gets acne and itchy nipples.

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not yet I feel pretty well the same tbh. It may have no been long enough. I'm also not 100% on my source either so that coupons be why as well. My right nipple has been hurting a few days too

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
sounds like its bunk, is it the same source you used for your cycle? sorry about your luck man, you need to get labs done asap, sounds like you have low test, for a guy your age you should be around 600-900 total

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That wasn’t TRT. You just injected test for 3 weeks. There’s so much guessing and speculation going on here. Go to a Doctor, get labs. Stop creating diagnosis and treatment plans for yourself based on fatigue and some bad workouts.. That could literally be a million other things...

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sounds like its bunk, is it the same source you used for your cycle? sorry about your luck man, you need to get labs done asap, sounds like you have low test, for a guy your age you should be around 600-900 total
No it isnt itd a different source, last cycle I got off the web, this test i got from someone ik at my gym. And I know, thats why I did all this because when I did get blood done twice I was under 500.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That wasn’t TRT. You just injected test for 3 weeks. There’s so much guessing and speculation going on here. Go to a Doctor, get labs. Stop creating diagnosis and treatment plans for yourself based on fatigue and some bad workouts.. That could literally be a million other things...
Listen to this advice. You need a doctor to run a full spectrum of lab tests, including full thyroid panel, to investigate what the problem may be.