Roids and acne

kyle@gym

kyle@gym

Awards
Is there a steroid out there that won't give you acne?

kyle@gym

kyle@gym

Awards
Have you had any experience with flutamide or know of anyone that has?

kyle@gym

kyle@gym

Awards
Have you had any experience with flutamide or know of anyone who has?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would think anything that increases your testosterone has the potential to cause (or increase) acne.

acethetics

acethetics

Awards
Every steroid (used for bodybuilding) has Anabolic and Androgenic properties.

Meaning, they all have a chance that they will give you acne, as well as other side effects.

Simply, if you are predisposed to some side effects, say you had bad acne in your teenage years, you will probably experience it again on gear.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
The above two posters nailed it, anything hormonal will cause acne if you're predisposed to it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It is not elevated hormones that cause acne or breakouts, it's hormonal fluctuation. Keep your levels as steady as possible, and there's usually nothing to fear....until you stop them.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Even if you aren't predisposed. In high school I never had acne, sure I got a pimple on my face maybe once every couple weeks but nothing bad at all. However when I ran test at just 500mg a week at around week 6-7 I started breaking out like crazy on my shoulders, upper arms, and upper back. Not as bad as some pictures I've seen but it is definitely worse than anything I've had before.

It varies from person to person though, some people may not experience it at all.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is not elevated hormones that cause acne or breakouts, it's hormonal fluctuation. Keep your levels as steady as possible, and there's usually nothing to fear....until you stop them.
This is true. A spike or pitfall in ESTROGEN can cause this.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
flutamide
were you ****ing with him here?Flutamide is an oral, non-steroidal antiandrogen drug primarily used to treat prostate cancer. It competes with testosterone and its powerful metabolite, dihydrotestosterone (DHT) for binding to androgen receptors in the prostate gland.