1. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by VS91588

Not necessarily true. I got to 200lbs naturally at a height of 5'8" before starting any PH's followed by injectable cycles
    200 pounds at contest weight with 4% bg or 200 at the end of a bulk with 10+%? Because those two are very different things.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2542 View Post
    200 pounds at contest weight with 4% bg or 200 at the end of a bulk with 10+%? Because those two are very different things.
    Exactly!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.35%

You think you wouldn't even need to say this..lol
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.32%

Exactly what I was going to say.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.76%

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2542

Touchť my friend, touchť lol. Mind fart.. I was at 10%.. I just thought you were refering to getting to 200lbs
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Case in point: Lane Norton. He goes around 230 offseason and still can't bust 200lbs in contest trim.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  7. Stupes

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    Case in point: Lane Norton. He goes around 230 offseason and still can't bust 200lbs in contest trim.
    What is your point exactly?
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%

Tells me the guy really is sticking it out naturally for one thing.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.98%

All naturall... lol
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    There are 2 types of pros:
    1. one who have bad genetics and uses a ton of gear to make up for their deficiencies
    2. ones who have superior genetics who dont need a ton of gear to grow.

Most pros have ****ty genetics and make up for it with a lot of gear..i know ppl who do just that always on something without rime or reason.
    Superior genetics ones are more rare and actually dont use a ton of **** because there is no need for that.
    THe more steroids you take wont get you much bigger after certain point. I've been in the game for a long time it doesnt work like that.
    IDk if i fully agree with that.It doesnt necesarily matter how much gear you do...even with more gear if your ****ty you are ****ty.. all these guys are on **** loads of stuff and basically year round,no cycling....

dave palumbo,nothing could save this poor guy,lol

Shawn Ray

I can guarantee you what they run gear wise isnt to different. gear cant make up for ****ty genetics... IMO jay cutler is one of the ****test Mtr O's of all time,well the ****tiest,imo,lol
    hes like a box and always looks like hes holding weater..heis genetics are not good,again,IMO
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.35%

Depends what you mean by "genetics". Cutler might not have the best genetics for a pretty physique, but he has great genetics in terms of growth.

That is one thing that most pro's share. Most of us avg joes can take boat loads of gear, train our asses off, and never be remotely close to the size of these guys.

Drugs won't make up for ****ty insertions, and other genetic shortcomings in terms of structure, but they will certainly allow someone to grow to freak show size.
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

1-Well yeah thats one of the reasons i believe jay was wining,decent genetics and plenty of mass,whihc is what judges love.they love mass,so I agree 100%

2-again i agree 100%..i know guys at my gym juicing for years and years compete diet and all that good ****.yet,they will never even be close to what these mr o guys are.. I have decent genetics,but if I juiced,it wouldnt work and I know that..My bro,great genetics if he was to juice and would have as a teen when he started training,i will tell ya i guarantee he would proba be a competitor in the ranks of the mr o.he symmetry is amazing and size..hes all natural and is a genetic freak.hes one of the few.

3-drugs will help to show size,but thats with anyone.What gives these bodybulders the feaky look these days is the most anabolic substance out there,INSULIN,which plays a big part. but if you dont have the symmetry and the shape,you dont have it and never will.anyone can get big to an extent that is.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.95%

Oh yes...and many of them run gear well into their off seasons too due to photo shoots, media work or jest because!
  14. Stupes

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Oh yes...and many of them run gear well into their off seasons too due to photo shoots, media work or jest because!
    They all run gear year round. Zero doubt about it. They cruise with more gear than 95% of people on this site cycle with.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    IDk if i fully agree with that.It doesnt necesarily matter how much gear you do...even with more gear if your ****ty you are ****ty.. all these guys are on **** loads of stuff and basically year round,no cycling....

Shawn Ray

I can guarantee you what they run gear wise isnt to different. gear cant make up for ****ty genetics... IMO jay cutler is one of the ****test Mtr O's of all time,well the ****tiest,imo,lol
    hes like a box and always looks like hes holding weater..heis genetics are not good,again,IMO
    yeh, they do cycle may not be the way you think but they do cycle. After a while if you keep using the same compounds and dosages all the time you will get diminished returns plus health wise is not good. I mean these guys may be crazy but they do have half a brain left to know that if they want to compete in the future you dont crash and burn short term.
    THe one thing some of these pros have is the ability for their muscle cells to receive nutrients. Most win based on that not that they have nice symetry and stuff. Most of them cant barely suck their gut in on stage. Is that worth it to be 250 on stage instead of 230?
    For me it isnt. I think they look stupid trying to make a buck but whatever and the reason why BBing is underground and take place in high schools and no TV sponsor approaches them. Someone needs to clean up this damn mess ..lol
    I think if they have height and weight classes there wont be a need to abuse all these drugs. If you tell someone at 6ft tall to come in at 220lbs max there is little incentive for them to be 250 and abuse drugs to get there and you will have ppl naturally trying to get there. At the same time, conditioning will be more prevelent rather than bulking into the abyss.
    If there is will there is a way but so far nobody wants to step up to the plate. Meanwhile we all looking at the freak shows geting worse evey year.
  16. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.35%

THe one thing some of these pros have is the ability for their muscle cells to receive nutrients. Most win based on that not that they have nice symetry and stuff.

It's called Insulin..hah

If there is will there is a way but so far nobody wants to step up to the plate. Meanwhile we all looking at the freak shows geting worse evey year.
    Actually it is getting better, and the O is a perfect example of that. 2 years in a row now they rewarded those with the better lines, smaller waist, etc. Rhoden placed 3rd for that very reason. Kai streamlined for that reason.

Hopefully the trend continues.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.76%

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds

It's called Insulin..hah

Actually it is getting better, and the O is a perfect example of that. 2 years in a row now they rewarded those with the better lines, smaller waist, etc. Rhoden placed 3rd for that very reason. Kai streamlined for that reason.

Yes. The guys at the Olympia are still huge as f**k but they are deff leaner and more symmetrical. Joe Weider is deff doing his research on the body trends/evolution of each generation and letting his judges know the standard in which he wants in his IFBB athletes to be in; in order to win the O
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    It's called Insulin..hah

Yes insulin does work but you still have to have the receptors to open up the cell. Im starting to realize the there is a whole biology involved in that approach too. Just taking it doesnt always does the trick.
    It seems that after Ronnie and Cutler they do seem to go a bit smaller. I agree
    I hope some day we can watch it on TV.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.65%

Quote Originally Posted by VS91588 View Post
    Yes. The guys at the Olympia are still huge as f**k but they are deff leaner and more symmetrical. Joe Weider is deff doing his research on the body trends/evolution of each generation and letting his judges know the standard in which he wants in his IFBB athletes to be in; in order to win the O
    At one point Joe tried to test these guys for PED. He def knows that if he can clean it up and the sport can get into TV there are going to be a bigger following from main street.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.76%

Quote Originally Posted by vassille

At one point Joe tried to test these guys for PED. He def knows that if he can clean it up and the sport can get into TV there are going to be a bigger following from main street.
    Yeah I know it was like tested in the early 90s but it didn't do so good. In my opinion the guys can still cycle but don't let the gear overpower their physique. We need "mass with class"
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.65%

I like that "mass with class"!
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.1%

very interesting thread.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

In todays time most pros have ****y genetics buddy that's why they abuse all kind of sutff. In arnold days they didnt
    If you look at some pros all they look is like a big glab of muscle. That;s not bodybuilding... they have little definition or cuts and they look like baloons. That's a joke
    Only the very elite can get that huge and look defined, ex. Phil, Kai, Jay, etc.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.82%

Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    Or are they "on" just about all the time?

Sorry if dumb question, yes I know they use but just curious how often.
    This still makes me laugh when I come across it on here...lol
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.57%

I would say blast cruising is mandatory for pros. I personally know a guy with his pro card that cruises on what most people would consider for a cycle.
  26. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.27%

I know this was posted a while ago...but I have to say...

if you are 200+ @ 5'8" and around 10-12% BF naturally?!?!?! You are doin GREAT! At that weight, you'd be ripped! Those guys on stage aren't exactly 4% BF, they might be 6-8%, but at 250+lbs, you don't have to be near as low in BF to look ripped.
  27. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.27%

1-Well yeah thats one of the reasons i believe jay was wining,decent genetics and plenty of mass,whihc is what judges love.they love mass,so I agree 100%

2-again i agree 100%..i know guys at my gym juicing for years and years compete diet and all that good ****.yet,they will never even be close to what these mr o guys are.. I have decent genetics,but if I juiced,it wouldnt work and I know that..My bro,great genetics if he was to juice and would have as a teen when he started training,i will tell ya i guarantee he would proba be a competitor in the ranks of the mr o.he symmetry is amazing and size..hes all natural and is a genetic freak.hes one of the few.

3-drugs will help to show size,but thats with anyone.What gives these bodybulders the feaky look these days is the most anabolic substance out there,INSULIN,which plays a big part. but if you dont have the symmetry and the shape,you dont have it and never will.anyone can get big to an extent that is.
    I have ideal shape, but not size. Yet, I'm only 5'5", so 160lbs on me really looks like 200lbs on a 6' man. I'm convinced that I could do well enough to have fun and be competitive at 185lbs lean. I'd likely have 19" arms at that weight, which isn't Mr. O size but it's enough to enjoy being on stage with other guys in my class.

So for the shorter guys, I'd say don't lose heart. 200lbs is more than enough to dominate the 212 if you are a short fella.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.7%

Shawn Ray

Lmao Dave Palumbo looks like complete ****. Poor guy
  29. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon0212 View Post
    Lmao Dave Palumbo looks like complete ****. Poor guy
    Are any of us in better shape than he was in his prime?
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

Are any of us in better shape than he was in his prime?
    Depends on what you consider in shape.

I'm sure my 100M and 2 mile times are both faster.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  31. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.27%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

I'm sure my 100M and 2 mile times are both faster.
    Not performance, but "shape", literally.

Thats what bodybuilding is about -shape, which I understand that there is a smaller crowd of non-BB'ing athletes in here in whose case I wasnt directing that towards.

I find it hard to say anything negative about a man that probably achieved more than I ever will in the area of muscle gain/fat loss. The question was to encourage others to stop being so critical.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

Not performance, but "shape", literally.

Thats what bodybuilding is about -shape, which I understand that there is a smaller crowd of non-BB'ing athletes in here in whose case I wasnt directing that towards.

I find it hard to say anything negative about a man that probably achieved more than I ever will in the area of muscle gain/fat loss. The question was to encourage others to stop being so critical.
    I know.

That's why I said this:

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Because it depends.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042

Similar Forum Threads

1. almost 4 weeks into T1 pro/winny cycle
    By hamper19 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 02:19 PM
  2. pro-stanivar cycle what do you think?
    By getrdone in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 10:13 AM
  3. pro-stanivar cycle what do you think?
    By getrdone in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 10:01 AM
  4. How do you think the pro's cycle... they dont
    By BOVEY in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 06:08 PM
  5. So You want to do A PH Cycle?
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 11:57 PM