Favorite Pro of All time

ScAR

ScAR

Awards
If you had to choose one pro, who would be your favorite all time pro bodybuilder?

Many things to consider, physique, training style, personality, and accomplishments.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking bout making a thread similar to this recently. Although I love kai, Coleman, Yates there personality n work ethics are what stands out to me.

However my favorite bodybuilder as far as physic goes is Dexter Jackson. He has tiny little waist n muscles that just pop like no other. IMO the only Guy to win the O who doesn't look Idk like a freak, like Ronnie, Yates, n Cutler do. With there huge waist n hgh baby bellies.

ScAR

ScAR

Awards
Well Stated, My favorite happens to be Kevin Levrone. Like Dexter he had similar aesthetics, a small waist with an excellent taper, great separation and detail. Levrone wasn't a mass monster like Ronnie or Kai and that's also why I liked him. I respect all of the mass monster pro bodybuilders nowadays but my physique does'nt have much relation to them. I relate better to the Levrone and Dexter type of physique. I also had the pleasure of meeting him and he is one of the most down to earth bodybuilders and that is saying a lot because i've met a fair number of pros and most of them were really cool.

I like many other bodybuilders as well but if I had to choose one it would be Levrone.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Well Stated, My favorite happens to be Kevin Levrone. Like Dexter he had similar aesthetics, a small waist with an excellent taper, great separation and detail. Levrone wasn't a mass monster like Ronnie or Kai and that's also why I liked him. I respect all of the mass monster pro bodybuilders nowadays but my physique does'nt have much relation to them. I relate better to the Levrone and Dexter type of physique. I also had the pleasure of meeting him and he is one of the most down to earth bodybuilders and that is saying a lot because i've met a fair number of pros and most of them were really cool.

I like many other bodybuilders as well but if I had to choose one it would be Levrone.
Yea I been watching his new videos of him coming back per say with out the juice though. Seems like a cool Guy.

ScAR

ScAR

Awards
I didn't know he's trying to come back. I do know he has just started his own supplement company, I don't know if the products are any good though. Nowadays every pro is starting their own supplement company.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I didn't know he's trying to come back. I do know he has just started his own supplement company, I don't know if the products are any good though. Nowadays every pro is starting their own supplement company.
He's not trying to compete just get in good shape

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Bob Paris. Most proportionate and aesthetically pleasing male physique ever in the BB world. Not a monster or a freak like so many are nowadays.
Gladys Portugues, as far as the ladies go. Her ass was an absolute work of art.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Mike Mentzer for the men.

Dana Linn Bailey for the ladies.

ScAR

ScAR

Awards
Mike Mentzer was the man, he had one of the unique hard and grainy dry physiques that not too many pros have. In his prime it looked like he was carved of stone.

I also liked that he had his own distinct posing routine and distinct training style using his HIT super slow training.

...and also the most important part- that damn mustache

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
carrot top

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
seriously frank zane and lee p

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lee Priest, pre-facial tattoo and Kevin Levrone.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Gotta go with Arnold...because his sym. is pretty much ideal. Great shape in his prime

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Kai Greene is pretty awesome !

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
tough question. its between Mentzer, Haney, Yates, and Zane. Arnold is the man but i cant say him because of the encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding....he just lied to everyone. Mentzer and Dorian told people the truth. i wear the Mentzer heavy Duty shirt all the time haha. my favorite physiques are classic bodybuilders from larry scotts time through frank zanes. but Iv learned the most from Dorian Yates and gonn have to go with him. Haney was a badass though

ScAR

ScAR

Awards
Kai Greene is pretty awesome !
I find Kai Greene extremely impressive. It is incredibly difficult to become a IFBB pro, it is almost impossible becoming a pro-bodybuilder without a stable financial structure. Kai Greene came from the street and now he is a top three Olympia contender. I give this man his props.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find Kai Greene extremely impressive. It is incredibly difficult to become a IFBB pro, it is almost impossible becoming a pro-bodybuilder without a stable financial structure. Kai Greene came from the street and now he is a top three Olympia contender. I give this man his props.
Kai has a great backstory for sure and he's one of the more entertaining posers.

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
man i just dont have any interest in professional bodybuilding in this era. i dont like the way people look now. legs and waists are way to big. i would rather look like sergio oliva than kai or cutler anyday. id never want to look like them

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
man i just dont have any interest in professional bodybuilding in this era. i dont like the way people look now. legs and waists are way to big. i would rather look like sergio oliva than kai or cutler anyday. id never want to look like them
Phil Heath is the champ now, and he's more of a throw back to the aesthetic physiques of yesteryear.

allday54

Awards
Phil Heath is the champ now, and he's more of a throw back to the aesthetic physiques of yesteryear.
Small waist was the physique of the golden era no huge tumor like abs! And the vacuum pose was part of the routine. Guys now days can't even attempt the vacuum.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Small waist was the physique of the golden era no huge tumor like abs! And the vacuum pose was part of the routine. Guys now days can't even attempt the vacuum.
The vacuum pose has always been weird to me, I never fully understood what sucking in your stomach proved. I don't have a six pack, but I can suck my stomach in pretty deep where my rib cage protrude like crazy, but I can't say I worked for that, maybe I just don't get it.

TANKBEAST

TANKBEAST

Awards
LARRY PACIFICO IS THE BEST POWER LIFTER EVER!!!!! 8 TIME WORLD CHAMPION!!! NIIIICE

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Wheeler/arnold/zane/cormier

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
Been reading and watching alot on Lee Haney...he had it goin on, a great mixture of classic golden age symmetry and also new school mass. I think he represented a perfect compromise. i guess his 8 time mr olympia speaks to that haha

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
I thought there would be a lot more mention of good old Flex but your the first one. Which is surprising because I think he is one of the best.
Yeah, I feel that he had an amazing physique.

Been reading and watching alot on Lee Haney...he had it goin on, a great mixture of classic golden age symmetry and also new school mass. I think he represented a perfect compromise. i guess his 8 time mr olympia speaks to that haha
Lee Haney is the man, and still looks like a boss on his religion channel show.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
haanbrand

haanbrand

Awards
1st Johnny Bravo - cause he rocks and the chicks dig him
2nd Arnie - pre-political era
3rd Dorian - for his old style hardcore balls-to-the-wall

rabz

rabz

Awards
Mike Mentzer for the men.

Dana Linn Bailey for the ladies.[/QUOT

Hottest female athelete ever!!!!!! Ill be happy when I shoulder press for max what she presses for reps!!!!!!

TankShift

TankShift

Awards
For aesthetics? Not mass,
Serge Nubret
Frank Zane
Flex Wheeler

Rickers

Rickers

Awards
ScAR being a Dorian Yates fan have you seen my thread in here titled 'Shadow Warrior: The Dorian Yates Story'? It's about his new DVD, looks good!

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Kevin levrone ,, 1999 british grand prix condition dude hits the sickest most muscular ever.

And for the ladies dana lynn bailey or jamie eason

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Frank Zane, as far as the physique I would aspire towards. One of the most asthetic builds ever.

Arnold, as far as overall ideal "competition bodybuilding" physique... Because, in my opinion, he had the most muscle while maintaining that asthetic look. Other bodybuilders have achieved more muscularity, but to the point where it doesn't really look good. Arnold had size, shape and made it look good.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Frank Zane, as far as the physique I would aspire towards. One of the most asthetic builds ever.

Arnold, as far as overall ideal "competition bodybuilding" physique... Because, in my opinion, he had the most muscle while maintaining that asthetic look. Other bodybuilders have achieved more muscularity, but to the point where it doesn't really look good. Arnold had size, shape and made it look good.
This.

ScAR

ScAR

Awards
ScAR being a Dorian Yates fan have you seen my thread in here titled 'Shadow Warrior: The Dorian Yates Story'? It's about his new DVD, looks good!
Nah bro, I haven't seen your thread but I am gonna make sure I find it. If you could post a link I'd appreciate it.

As for the DVD, I've been meaning to buy another bodybuilding DVD, I will have to look into the Shadow Warrior.

Rickers

Rickers

Awards
Sorry ScAR it won't let me post the link but if you go onto YouTube and search 'shadow warrior: the Dorian Yates story' you'll see a younger version of him and watch that one. Hope this helps.

ScAR

ScAR

Awards
Sorry ScAR it won't let me post the link but if you go onto YouTube and search 'shadow warrior: the Dorian Yates story' you'll see a younger version of him and watch that one. Hope this helps.
It's all good, I just checked out the trailer on YouTube. It looks like my kind of bodybuilding movie, I def. will be checking it out soon.

Thanks bro