How do bodybuilders not have acne?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people on this site breakout whenever they take something to get a mild boost in natural test, and yet, some of the guys at the Olympia may be takeing a full gram of test a week, and yet I see no pimples. Some BB's have scarring like they had it as teenagers, but I see no adult acne on stage.

I would doubt that any of them would take accutane and dry their joints out.

Bsparrot

Awards
They tan, and go to doctors for skin treatment. They probably use a host of antibiotics aswell, and have probably have the best PCT planned out. and Plus, they've probably been on roids for years and have gotten some kind of immunity from some of the side effects.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't use test but when I get a zit or two from a test booster I tan without any lotion and it clears it up FAST!

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They got money to blowwww ooo oo owww oww !

Tanning, especial lotions

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like a Bodybuildingdotcom response^^^^^^

JThaR3ason

Awards
if you visit sites that sell anabolics, they typically sell acutane and other skin medications. At least a few of the sites i know of. So i could only assume the pros use similar meds.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think the more they stay on, the less likely it is to happen. Most bad acne comes during PCT. If pros are blasting/cruising, less likely to have hormonal fluctuations. Accutane and topical retinoids are almost a must. Laser treatment for scaring due to cystic/nodular acne.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Having been on a super high TRT (300-400mg/wk) dose for a while (not anymore, now a normal doctor supervised dose of 150/wk) I can say the the acne came at the beginning, and then more or less disappeared by itself over time. I've done short term blasts at really ludicrous test levels during the time of high TRT dosing and it didn't cause any additional acne

TonyMaserati

TonyMaserati

Awards
I think the more they stay on, the less likely it is to happen. Most bad acne comes during PCT. If pros are blasting/cruising, less likely to have hormonal fluctuations. Accutane and topical retinoids are almost a must. Laser treatment for scaring due to cystic/nodular acne.
Yup. I always broke out after the fact. Estrogen was sky high, here come the zits.

Also, the cold sores. Those have gots to be related to estrogen levels. Never failed.

What did work believe it or not was a TINY bit of Dawn dishwashign soap on the zit. Left there. Overnight. Only used it on my chest/shoulders/arms. NEVER the face. It would leave your skin dry/red as f*ck.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
Having money has nothing to do with getting acne.

1000mg of paleolithic acid a day with a couple cups of dokudami tea will clear/prevent it in a month or two. Plus taking 2 showers a day.

You don't need high end dermatologists.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never thought it was high levels of hormones that played the KEY role in acne formation. I always thought that fluctuations in hormone levels would lead to the most acne. Hence, PCT is acne central for a lot of guys (I barely get any acne ever but have very high natty T levels, and even on PCT I might get one or 2 bumps).

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
The thing about Accutane is that it can dry joints. I doubt that these guys are taking something to dry their joints.

Having money has nothing to do with getting acne.

1000mg of paleolithic acid a day with a couple cups of dokudami tea will clear/prevent it in a month or two. Plus taking 2 showers a day.

You don't need high end dermatologists.
Do you mean pantothenic acid? Ill try the tea by the way. Ive heard that even though B5 powder is supposed to be so safe, a lot of people do get sides, and their is a reason most people don't stay on it indefinately.

By the way, I do agree with the whole hormonal fluctuation thing. I took DAA and had a crazy breakout AFTER the fact.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm taking activate xtream and I have a few unwanted but very small pimples on my shoulders and back.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tried this before when i get an unwanted blemish on the face... I take shampoo, wash the spot, then I take shampoo and let it sit on the spot for awhile. A while being 2 hours, around that. Usually the spot has dried up by then and it looks fine.

I got this advice from a BBer who had mad acne problems. He would slather shampoo on his back when he broke out and it'd be gone within a day.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha, thanks to this thread I now think professional bodybuilding is even lamer than before!

Pro bodybuilding = science projects

At least pro bodybuilders back in the 50s, 60s and 70s had asthetic physiques. Even some of the more massive ones. Pro bodybuilding competitions are almost like freak shows. It's pretty bad when even the pros from back in the day say the same thing.

:(

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I've tried this before when i get an unwanted blemish on the face... I take shampoo, wash the spot, then I take shampoo and let it sit on the spot for awhile. A while being 2 hours, around that. Usually the spot has dried up by then and it looks fine.

I got this advice from a BBer who had mad acne problems. He would slather shampoo on his back when he broke out and it'd be gone within a day.
I wonder if the type of shampoo matters. Perhaps one with perihione(spelliong?) zinc?

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doctors will normally prescribe doxycycline for acne. No need to see a dermatologist.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Doctors will normally prescribe doxycycline for acne. No need to see a dermatologist.
Stuff doesn't work too well from my experience, and it's counteractive to weight gain. It's basically catabolic as it systemically inhibits protein synthesis.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The thing about Accutane is that it can dry joints. I doubt that these guys are taking something to dry their joints.
Honestly, it's all about low dose accutane. 20mg or 10mg ed. Those huge doses will dry joints. But the low doses work, especially if you start it right before you expect acne to start, and it has little sides at all at that dose.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, it's all about low dose accutane. 20mg or 10mg ed. Those huge doses will dry joints. But the low doses work, especially if you start it right before you expect acne to start, and it has little sides at all at that dose.
just don't get a tattoo while you are on it, it will scar up fairly badly.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doxycycline inhibits a specific initiation step of protein synthesis in bacteria, via a subunit of the bacterial ribosome. I've never heard of it inhibiting muscle protein synthesis in humans.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
Do you mean pantothenic acid? Ill try the tea by the way. Ive heard that even though B5 powder is supposed to be so safe, a lot of people do get sides, and their is a reason most people don't stay on it indefinately.
Yup, sorry. Pantothenic. Late night posting has me a little dumb.
I do 1000mg of it a day. The dokudami tea will flush you out. You just have to run to the bathroom every hour.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Doxycycline inhibits a specific initiation step of protein synthesis in bacteria, via a subunit of the bacterial ribosome. I've never heard of it inhibiting muscle protein synthesis in humans.
All tetracyclines including doxycycline (but to a lesser extent) are catabolic, and are marked by an increase in BUN.

This increase in BUN (blood urea nitrogen) would point to a breakdown of proteins/tissue in the body...likely from residual binding to other cells other than the bacteria. I don't know any other explanation for such an increase in BUN. I could be wrong though. It didn't stop me from taking it, but from experience, it's not very effective (at least for me).

TonyMaserati

TonyMaserati

Awards
When I was in the Corps the docs would give me erythromicin and that **** would work for a few days and then bam...more zits. Stopped taking it all together, went out in town and paid for my own dermatologist, put me on accutane and cleared up.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I get acne something fierce on most t boosters. Strangely enough I get no acne on the couple of cycles I've ran. I loosely base my test recovery on my complexion going to sh!t during PCT. My Dermatologist gave me Duac Topical Gel which is benzoyl p 5% and clindamycin 1% which is an antibiotic I think, but if things get too bad I start with triamcinolone. Works great but bleaches my sheets and pillow cases. Isn't Accutane the stuff causing crohns for some people?

wolfe14

Awards
  • Established
im starting my first test E cycle jan 1st at 500 mg a wk for prob 12 wks....Is acne prominant normally on the face??? I know back and shoulders is pretty common but I'm not concerned too much about that being winter and all, but the face would def be a problem

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
im starting my first test E cycle jan 1st at 500 mg a wk for prob 12 wks....Is acne prominant normally on the face??? I know back and shoulders is pretty common but I'm not concerned too much about that being winter and all, but the face would def be a problem
I think a lot of it's genetics. Your doing half a gram for your first cycle? You are aware that people generally produce under 100mg correct?

wolfe14

Awards
  • Established
I think a lot of it's genetics. Your doing half a gram for your first cycle? You are aware that people generally produce under 100mg correct?
yes i plan on 500 mg...based on all my research and from what everyone has told me that is a standard begginers cycle...Are you saying this is too much??

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
yes i plan on 500 mg...based on all my research and from what everyone has told me that is a standard begginers cycle...Are you saying this is too much??
I knoiw some people start at 200mg's, but I guess if you feel comfortrable with the research youve done then...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I've seen Ronnie up close as well as Flex Wheeler, back in the day, and they both had some acne, not much but some break outs. With that being said, they can easily afford treatments, such as most others, to get rid of it.

When I would get it, I could take RetinA for 4 weeks and have it completely gone. Some people have to use it for 8-12 weeks.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
up close to bodybuilders i see a decent amount of zits. are you talking about their pictures in magazines? cause that ****s photoshopped out.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, thanks to this thread I now think professional bodybuilding is even lamer than before!

Pro bodybuilding = science projects

At least pro bodybuilders back in the 50s, 60s and 70s had asthetic physiques. Even some of the more massive ones. Pro bodybuilding competitions are almost like freak shows. It's pretty bad when even the pros from back in the day say the same thing.

:(
There ya go brother! 100% on the dot!

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Having been on a super high TRT (300-400mg/wk) dose for a while (not anymore, now a normal doctor supervised dose of 150/wk) I can say the the acne came at the beginning, and then more or less disappeared by itself over time. I've done short term blasts at really ludicrous test levels during the time of high TRT dosing and it didn't cause any additional acne
**** sake lol, a doctor prescribing 400mg/wk of test is a ****ing hero

wolfe14

Awards
  • Established
Ok so lets get this straight once in for all...Ive researched for a yr and everything I have read says 500 mg a wk is a normal and safe cycle...Now you are saying 200??? What should i do?? I have everything i need including PCT and I am ready to start jan 1st

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok so lets get this straight once in for all...Ive researched for a yr and everything I have read says 500 mg a wk is a normal and safe cycle...Now you are saying 200??? What should i do?? I have everything i need including PCT and I am ready to start jan 1st
500 is ok. its what lots of guys do for a first cycle, but its probably not necessary. Figure your natural production is around 100mg a week, so even 300mg a week is good for gains for most guys.

wolfe14

Awards
  • Established
500 is ok. its what lots of guys do for a first cycle, but its probably not necessary. Figure your natural production is around 100mg a week, so even 300mg a week is good for gains for most guys.
thanks easy...so if i do 300 i can just shoot all once a week?? or should i still pin twice a wk? im kickstarting with SD so would this still be a great cycle at 300 for 12 wks?? also with test E do you notice any excess fat gain around the core or would i see a reduction??

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you can all at once or twice a week, the net effective difference is pretty small. you should with good dietary control gain a nice solid 12-15lbs on that, while leaning out a little. In the end adding or losing fat is more about diet control. Its part of why so many guys recommend higher doses of anabolics, the more anabolic in you the sloppier your diet can be and still get good results.

wolfe14

Awards
  • Established
you can all at once or twice a week, the net effective difference is pretty small. you should with good dietary control gain a nice solid 12-15lbs on that, while leaning out a little. In the end adding or losing fat is more about diet control. Its part of why so many guys recommend higher doses of anabolics, the more anabolic in you the sloppier your diet can be and still get good results.
supposse i do 300 for 6 wks and then bump to 500 for 6 wks??? would that be smart or should I keep it consitant thru out??

ChrisSurf

Awards
You can tell the guys at my gym that are using... acne all over, mainly their back... and one guy has it all over his arms to (but he shaves which can cause that as well) but man... a lot of them have such bad scarring... not worth it imo to get that big yet have nasty looking skin lol, least get on some antibiotics or something to help/clear it up.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how about acne on face???
The strange thing is, I only used to get acne on the face as an adolescent, no body acne ever in my past.

But anabolics almost always give me body acne, and never facial acne. Maybe one or two random spots on the face, but basically nothing. Also, it seems like it's mostly PH's and DS's that do it to me, not test and such.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
The strange thing is, I only used to get acne on the face as an adolescent, no body acne ever in my past.

But anabolics almost always give me body acne, and never facial acne. Maybe one or two random spots on the face, but basically nothing. Also, it seems like it's mostly PH's and DS's that do it to me, not test and such.
Hmm. It's interesting that Test doesn't break you out anymore, and PH's and DS's are breaking you out in a different spot from where you used to break out as a teen. Mby your haveing a toxicity breakout?