How do bodybuilders not have acne? - AnabolicMinds.com

How do bodybuilders not have acne?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

How do bodybuilders not have acne?

A lot of people on this site breakout whenever they take something to get a mild boost in natural test, and yet, some of the guys at the Olympia may be takeing a full gram of test a week, and yet I see no pimples. Some BB's have scarring like they had it as teenagers, but I see no adult acne on stage.

I would doubt that any of them would take accutane and dry their joints out.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

They tan, and go to doctors for skin treatment. They probably use a host of antibiotics aswell, and have probably have the best PCT planned out. and Plus, they've probably been on roids for years and have gotten some kind of immunity from some of the side effects.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't use test but when I get a zit or two from a test booster I tan without any lotion and it clears it up FAST!

•   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'3"  217 lbs.

They got money to blowwww ooo oo owww oww !

Tanning, especial lotions
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Sounds like a Bodybuildingdotcom response^^^^^^

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Sounds like a Bodybuildingdotcom response^^^^^^
    For real huh...
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

def a bodybuildingdotcom response, and he's from cali figures, the guys a douche clearly
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

if you visit sites that sell anabolics, they typically sell acutane and other skin medications. At least a few of the sites i know of. So i could only assume the pros use similar meds.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I think the more they stay on, the less likely it is to happen. Most bad acne comes during PCT. If pros are blasting/cruising, less likely to have hormonal fluctuations. Accutane and topical retinoids are almost a must. Laser treatment for scaring due to cystic/nodular acne.
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Having been on a super high TRT (300-400mg/wk) dose for a while (not anymore, now a normal doctor supervised dose of 150/wk) I can say the the acne came at the beginning, and then more or less disappeared by itself over time. I've done short term blasts at really ludicrous test levels during the time of high TRT dosing and it didn't cause any additional acne
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Yeah I'd assume they use meds like accutane.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I think the more they stay on, the less likely it is to happen. Most bad acne comes during PCT. If pros are blasting/cruising, less likely to have hormonal fluctuations. Accutane and topical retinoids are almost a must. Laser treatment for scaring due to cystic/nodular acne.
    Yup. I always broke out after the fact. Estrogen was sky high, here come the zits.

Also, the cold sores. Those have gots to be related to estrogen levels. Never failed.

What did work believe it or not was a TINY bit of Dawn dishwashign soap on the zit. Left there. Overnight. Only used it on my chest/shoulders/arms. NEVER the face. It would leave your skin dry/red as f*ck.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Having money has nothing to do with getting acne.

1000mg of paleolithic acid a day with a couple cups of dokudami tea will clear/prevent it in a month or two. Plus taking 2 showers a day.

You don't need high end dermatologists.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CCV3 View Post
    Some people do. It comes down to genetics.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I never thought it was high levels of hormones that played the KEY role in acne formation. I always thought that fluctuations in hormone levels would lead to the most acne. Hence, PCT is acne central for a lot of guys (I barely get any acne ever but have very high natty T levels, and even on PCT I might get one or 2 bumps).
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  139 lbs.

Tried tan (got discolored spots) and toothpaste. It is a problem. Facial cleansing nicotinamide pads works for me.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

The thing about Accutane is that it can dry joints. I doubt that these guys are taking something to dry their joints.

Quote Originally Posted by CCV3 View Post
    Having money has nothing to do with getting acne.

1000mg of paleolithic acid a day with a couple cups of dokudami tea will clear/prevent it in a month or two. Plus taking 2 showers a day.

Do you mean pantothenic acid? Ill try the tea by the way. Ive heard that even though B5 powder is supposed to be so safe, a lot of people do get sides, and their is a reason most people don't stay on it indefinately.

By the way, I do agree with the whole hormonal fluctuation thing. I took DAA and had a crazy breakout AFTER the fact.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I'm taking activate xtream and I have a few unwanted but very small pimples on my shoulders and back.

19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I've tried this before when i get an unwanted blemish on the face... I take shampoo, wash the spot, then I take shampoo and let it sit on the spot for awhile. A while being 2 hours, around that. Usually the spot has dried up by then and it looks fine.

I got this advice from a BBer who had mad acne problems. He would slather shampoo on his back when he broke out and it'd be gone within a day.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Haha, thanks to this thread I now think professional bodybuilding is even lamer than before!

Pro bodybuilding = science projects

At least pro bodybuilders back in the 50s, 60s and 70s had asthetic physiques. Even some of the more massive ones. Pro bodybuilding competitions are almost like freak shows. It's pretty bad when even the pros from back in the day say the same thing.

21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    I've tried this before when i get an unwanted blemish on the face... I take shampoo, wash the spot, then I take shampoo and let it sit on the spot for awhile. A while being 2 hours, around that. Usually the spot has dried up by then and it looks fine.

I got this advice from a BBer who had mad acne problems. He would slather shampoo on his back when he broke out and it'd be gone within a day.
    I wonder if the type of shampoo matters. Perhaps one with perihione(spelliong?) zinc?
  22. New Member

Doctors will normally prescribe doxycycline for acne. No need to see a dermatologist.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Doctors will normally prescribe doxycycline for acne. No need to see a dermatologist.
    Stuff doesn't work too well from my experience, and it's counteractive to weight gain. It's basically catabolic as it systemically inhibits protein synthesis.
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    The thing about Accutane is that it can dry joints. I doubt that these guys are taking something to dry their joints.
    Honestly, it's all about low dose accutane. 20mg or 10mg ed. Those huge doses will dry joints. But the low doses work, especially if you start it right before you expect acne to start, and it has little sides at all at that dose.
  25. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Honestly, it's all about low dose accutane. 20mg or 10mg ed. Those huge doses will dry joints. But the low doses work, especially if you start it right before you expect acne to start, and it has little sides at all at that dose.
    just don't get a tattoo while you are on it, it will scar up fairly badly.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  26. New Member

Doxycycline inhibits a specific initiation step of protein synthesis in bacteria, via a subunit of the bacterial ribosome. I've never heard of it inhibiting muscle protein synthesis in humans.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Do you mean pantothenic acid? Ill try the tea by the way. Ive heard that even though B5 powder is supposed to be so safe, a lot of people do get sides, and their is a reason most people don't stay on it indefinately.
    Yup, sorry. Pantothenic. Late night posting has me a little dumb.
    I do 1000mg of it a day. The dokudami tea will flush you out. You just have to run to the bathroom every hour.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Doxycycline inhibits a specific initiation step of protein synthesis in bacteria, via a subunit of the bacterial ribosome. I've never heard of it inhibiting muscle protein synthesis in humans.
    All tetracyclines including doxycycline (but to a lesser extent) are catabolic, and are marked by an increase in BUN.

This increase in BUN (blood urea nitrogen) would point to a breakdown of proteins/tissue in the body...likely from residual binding to other cells other than the bacteria. I don't know any other explanation for such an increase in BUN. I could be wrong though. It didn't stop me from taking it, but from experience, it's not very effective (at least for me).
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

When I was in the Corps the docs would give me erythromicin and that **** would work for a few days and then bam...more zits. Stopped taking it all together, went out in town and paid for my own dermatologist, put me on accutane and cleared up.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I get acne something fierce on most t boosters. Strangely enough I get no acne on the couple of cycles I've ran. I loosely base my test recovery on my complexion going to sh!t during PCT. My Dermatologist gave me Duac Topical Gel which is benzoyl p 5% and clindamycin 1% which is an antibiotic I think, but if things get too bad I start with triamcinolone. Works great but bleaches my sheets and pillow cases. Isn't Accutane the stuff causing crohns for some people?
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Anyone try evening primrose oil?
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

im starting my first test E cycle jan 1st at 500 mg a wk for prob 12 wks....Is acne prominant normally on the face??? I know back and shoulders is pretty common but I'm not concerned too much about that being winter and all, but the face would def be a problem
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe14 View Post
    im starting my first test E cycle jan 1st at 500 mg a wk for prob 12 wks....Is acne prominant normally on the face??? I know back and shoulders is pretty common but I'm not concerned too much about that being winter and all, but the face would def be a problem
    I think a lot of it's genetics. Your doing half a gram for your first cycle? You are aware that people generally produce under 100mg correct?
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

I think a lot of it's genetics. Your doing half a gram for your first cycle? You are aware that people generally produce under 100mg correct?
    yes i plan on 500 mg...based on all my research and from what everyone has told me that is a standard begginers cycle...Are you saying this is too much??
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe14 View Post
    yes i plan on 500 mg...based on all my research and from what everyone has told me that is a standard begginers cycle...Are you saying this is too much??
    I knoiw some people start at 200mg's, but I guess if you feel comfortrable with the research youve done then...
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I've seen Ronnie up close as well as Flex Wheeler, back in the day, and they both had some acne, not much but some break outs. With that being said, they can easily afford treatments, such as most others, to get rid of it.

When I would get it, I could take RetinA for 4 weeks and have it completely gone. Some people have to use it for 8-12 weeks.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.

up close to bodybuilders i see a decent amount of zits. are you talking about their pictures in magazines? cause that ****s photoshopped out.
  38. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero View Post
    Haha, thanks to this thread I now think professional bodybuilding is even lamer than before!

Pro bodybuilding = science projects

At least pro bodybuilders back in the 50s, 60s and 70s had asthetic physiques. Even some of the more massive ones. Pro bodybuilding competitions are almost like freak shows. It's pretty bad when even the pros from back in the day say the same thing.

There ya go brother! 100% on the dot!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Having been on a super high TRT (300-400mg/wk) dose for a while (not anymore, now a normal doctor supervised dose of 150/wk) I can say the the acne came at the beginning, and then more or less disappeared by itself over time. I've done short term blasts at really ludicrous test levels during the time of high TRT dosing and it didn't cause any additional acne
    **** sake lol, a doctor prescribing 400mg/wk of test is a ****ing hero
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Ok so lets get this straight once in for all...Ive researched for a yr and everything I have read says 500 mg a wk is a normal and safe cycle...Now you are saying 200??? What should i do?? I have everything i need including PCT and I am ready to start jan 1st

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with Acne and Back Acne
    By FatalFunnel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 01:46 PM
  2. Problems with acne...what AAS/PH not give acne?
    By DaveMcNaul in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:27 PM
  3. acne, acne.org and my situation
    By purebred in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 04:27 PM
  4. Powerfull Acne? No Acne?
    By theJmad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 11:34 PM