2010 Arnold Review

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont know how many were either there at the show last night, or have seen the pics from last night, but Kai won again.

The top 5 were as follows:
1. Kai
2. Phil
3. Branch
4. Dex
5. Tony

However, in looking over the pics I dont see how Kai was higher than 3rd. I think Phil won it in dominating fashion, with Branch in 2nd.

Anyone else with thoughts?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont know how many were either there at the show last night, or have seen the pics from last night, but Kai won again.

The top 5 were as follows:
1. Kai
2. Phil
3. Branch
4. Dex
5. Tony

However, in looking over the pics I dont see how Kai was higher than 3rd. I think Phil won it in dominating fashion, with Branch in 2nd.

Anyone else with thoughts?
Heath has some great genetics, and still young. I think over the next few years as he matures, it's his in the bag (provided injuries don't haunt him) He will win an Olympia in the next 5 years def.

I think Branch is too stocky, and lacks outstanding aesthetics like Heath, or Dex. Many don't agree with me there though lol.

Kia just seems to be in full swaggar, and I think his "hey everyone look at me" mentality is helping him win people into his corner. Kinda like a breath of fresh air in a sometimes stale sport. He's riding his wave the right way, and knows it's now or never because he's in the spotlight. Olympia??? probably not gonna happen for him though.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't personally there but watched the show online as it progressed. Kai didn't deserve to win for sure! Phil Health was in top shape and looked great! He's the winner IMHO.

I agree with TripDog, Branch Warren is too stocky, too broad, but he sure looks like a hardcore - no BS type of a guy.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats one of the reasons I am a huge Branch fan. Everything just seems so hardcore with him. I would love to see him win 1 big contest at some point, just as a payoff for him.

I also agree, guys like Heath and Centopani are the future of the sport, however I really thought Heath won hands down last night. His genetics are downright freakish.

I would also agree Trip, that Kai has a hell of a swagger, and you are right I dont see an Olympia for him.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
I saw the results the day after and then decided to watch the webcast. I really couldnt understand how they gave the win to Kai I thought for sure Phil looked 10x better.

When I saw them both walk out for the pre judging, I was like how the hell did they place Kai ahead of Heath?

JayDGreen1

Awards
I agree that Phil SHOULD have won but I disagree 100% about Branch and Dex beating Kai. Branch has NO shape at all. He is just HUGE. Dexter came in not looking like I have seen him in past Os and Arnolds. I think the announcers were wrong about Dex looking as good as he has in the past. Side by side Kai beat Phil in a few shots to include EVERY pose from the back. That may be where he beat him out. Marven's routine in the night show was better than Kai's though. Best poser went to the wrong person IMO.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
heath is definitely awesome despite everyone complaining of his clavicles

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree that Phil SHOULD have won but I disagree 100% about Branch and Dex beating Kai. Branch has NO shape at all. He is just HUGE. Dexter came in not looking like I have seen him in past Os and Arnolds. I think the announcers were wrong about Dex looking as good as he has in the past. Side by side Kai beat Phil in a few shots to include EVERY pose from the back. That may be where he beat him out. Marven's routine in the night show was better than Kai's though. Best poser went to the wrong person IMO.
Branch is stocky, and blocky as all hell. I have no clue how he's even a top contender to be quite honest (only in terms of tapered aesthetics, and genetics). I do however like his mentality, and attitude much more than the others by far!!! Heath, Kia, and Dex are way to into themselves, where Branch brings something different to the stage.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
couldnt agree more. Branch brings the blue collar ideal to the stage it seems more than the others. Although he is not as visually pleasing to most

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
couldnt agree more. Branch brings the blue collar ideal to the stage it seems more than the others. Although he is not as visually pleasing to most
I wish I could root for the guy, but being honest to the reality issue.....he doesn't match up.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could root for the guy, but being honest to the reality issue.....he doesn't match up.
In truth, no Branch doesn't match up, but I respect the man because he is the hardest working pro in the business and he basically flips the middle finger at his genetics and keeps striving to get better. However, in my personal opinion, I don't know how Dex the blade ever loses a competition. Seriously, does the guy ever look off? He literally could win every competition he competed in. The only reason he ever gets overshadowed is simply because he doesn't have the size.

Cheers!:cheers:

anabayalic

Awards
I agree branch is definetly out of ever winning a top spot like the arnold trophy or the olympia. Kai is a great athlete in many ways & brings uniqueness to the stage. He is ripped like no other & like everyone said he is playin his cards exactly right but did he deserve his back to back win? I attended victors comeback at the 2009 arnold & I thnk he shld of took back his crown but he took second. I dnt want to comment on any of the competition up there besides kai,toney,heath & dex & I believe it was dex but I also believe u got to bring sumthn amazing to take a mans trophy & to be honest wth my boy victor if he decided to show & do ths arnold hands dwn ths his show. Also, I dnt care of any opinions cause we all knw victor is a champ in all areas. I knw he decided to opt out cause of all the bad tht happened & to stll place 6th at the o was great for bein a man 2 attend. Passin up the arnold to take a full year & bring noise to the olympia & take his 2007 trophy frm cutler is wat I see as long as my gu stays 100% cause nobody has seen him 100% yet & thts scary lol. He was smart to decide to pass the arnold ths time cause he had to much stuff to recover from. I see him back in the arnold in 2011 takin the title back & srry kai no 3 peat for you.