Votes: 32 43.2%
  • Ronnie Coleman

Votes: 19 25.7%

• Total voters
MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
The biggest Mr. O Competition is coming up with three Mr. O's competing for the title. Place your bets on who will win:

Shredded Dex
My Man Jay Cutler
Big Ronnie Coleman

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
none. Victor, Heath or Kai. But if i must choose one of the above Dex.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
victor or heath. dex looked awesome last year but jay came in holding alot of water and didnt look that great. ronnie, i hate to say it is way past his prime he's lost it. jay i always thought was overrated.

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
Oh sh*t its gonna be Coleman.Haha then Cutler in 2nd dex in 3rd. Sounds bout right.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
wow...i believe 1 f them might not win

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
none. Victor, Heath or Kai. But if i must choose one of the above Dex.
i gotta agree here. the poll has vet favs but dex lacks size to jay, coleman is too old (still awesome but don't think he's got it) and jay is too big in the waist for all the new competition (he won't give up enough size to correct it imo)

heath 3rd. vic and kai are hard. kai has better glutes and legs but i think vic is more aesthetically pleasing imo. all three will have great conditioning! if vic come 100% i say...

1 vic
2 kai
3 heath

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
I also agree Kai, Victor and heath. I mean Jay,Coleman,Dex were in the scene for a long time and I think its time to see more competition than just the same faces.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Vic!!!

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
i gotta agree here. the poll has vet favs but dex lacks size to jay, coleman is too old (still awesome but don't think he's got it) and jay is too big in the waist for all the new competition (he won't give up enough size to correct it imo)

heath 3rd. vic and kai are hard. kai has better glutes and legs but i think vic is more aesthetically pleasing imo. all three will have great conditioning! if vic come 100% i say...

1 vic
2 kai
3 heath

C'mon bro. You know how this sport works. The odds are strongly in favor of the former Mr. O's....always has been, plus the Mr. O's have had a year to prepare unlike vic, kai, and heath who have just competed recently.

You may like vic, kai, and heath for top three, but there is NO WAY the judges place Jay, Dex, and Ronnie at 4th, 5th, and 6th under those guys.

I like Vic myself, and could see him busting in the top three for sure. Although Kai looked insane at the Arnold, he hasn't shown the consistency as the other top guys and is too much of a coin flip whether or not he'll be on point.

My 2 cents anyway.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
C'mon bro. You know how this sport works. The odds are strongly in favor of the former Mr. O's....always has been, plus the Mr. O's have had a year to prepare unlike vic, kai, and heath who have just competed recently.

You may like vic, kai, and heath for top three, but there is NO WAY the judges place Jay, Dex, and Ronnie at 4th, 5th, and 6th under those guys.

I like Vic myself, and could see him busting in the top three for sure. Although Kai looked insane at the Arnold, he hasn't shown the consistency as the other top guys and is too much of a coin flip whether or not he'll be on point.

My 2 cents anyway.
remember i said vic must be at 100%...and he is the current fav back from his operation!

i do my friend and you have a valid point! but look here see: past o's also favored size. jay outweighed dex almost 30lbs last year. kai win's arnold...where past arnold winners typically place top 3 at the O!

heath breaks out top 3 where most start at the bottom and work up! he also grew 16lbs that year...how much this year who knows. conditioning rivaled only by dex. he combines the best traits of all his competition! this guy is only going up the latter.

i am a dex fan for the record...have been since i started training 8 years ago...long before he was predicted to win an O. i swore god made him is a test tube and his competition swears he gets ripped off potato chips! genetic freak where i only see heath taking his place! jay is my second as he is always humble! true inspiration and amazing spokesperson for the sport! i follow the sport somewhat and give my honest opinion...i am also not going to jock my favorite pro. i just call it like i see it!

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
remember i said vic must be at 100%...and he is the current fav back from his operation!

i do my friend and you have a valid point! but look here see: past o's also favored size. jay outweighed dex almost 30lbs last year. kai win's arnold...where past arnold winners typically place top 3 at the O!

heath breaks out top 3 where most start at the bottom and work up! he also grew 16lbs that year...how much this year who knows. conditioning rivaled only by dex. he combines the best traits of all his competition! this guy is only going up the latter.

i am a dex fan for the record...have been since i started training 8 years ago...long before he was predicted to win an O. i swore god made him is a test tube and his competition swears he gets ripped off potato chips! genetic freak where i only see heath taking his place! jay is my second as he is always humble! true inspiration and amazing spokesperson for the sport! i follow the sport somewhat and give my honest opinion...i am also not going to jock my favorite pro. i just call it like i see it!
Right on about the shift in favoring sheer mass. Glad the judges finally shifted back towards aesthetics.

Good point about Heath too....I'm just leary about the newbies who bust out of nowhere. They have no record of consistency, and so many bodybuilders have ups and downs and can't stay consistent. I guess I'm bias towards the vets until they prove that.

Oh, and whoever said Jay was bloated last year at the Mr. O, take a look at this ab shot LOL. The only reason he didn't take first are the skin folds in his lower back. I am biased though b/c I'm a Jay fan. Like RaginFtrd, I admire his spokesmanship and humble nature. Best role model for the sport IMO.

Attachments

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
Right on about the shift in favoring sheer mass. Glad the judges finally shifted back towards aesthetics.

Good point about Heath too....I'm just leary about the newbies who bust out of nowhere. They have no record of consistency, and so many bodybuilders have ups and downs and can't stay consistent. I guess I'm bias towards the vets until they prove that.
good points as well...09 should be exciting with actual competition!

some days idk who's my fav. dex or jay...i usually say dex cause he was the first bodybuilder that impressed me physique wise. then i started following the jay-ronnie battle and liked jays attitude and dedication after so many runner ups.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
good points as well...09 should be exciting with actual competition!

some days idk who's my fav. dex or jay...i usually say dex cause he was the first bodybuilder that impressed me physique wise. then i started following the jay-ronnie battle and liked jays attitude and dedication after so many runner ups.
Oh yes, this is the most anticipated Mr. O for me anyway. Serious competition for once.

Ditto with the Jay/Ronnie battles. Jay remained confident, humble, and politically correct as a runner up....while insecure Ronnie resulted to smack talk. The sport gets enough heat already, we need the Jay mentality.

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
Not to get off the topic of the 6 bb your all naming but I would like to share one though. Many years when I started trainning and reading Flex mag my first one had this guy on it and he looked pretty damn solid.

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
Im also a fan of Shawn Ray but Alexander Federov was pretty solid

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i remember when he was on the cover of flex...chris cook too!

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. Alexander was someone I thought was really cool. That pose is just badass. Here is the actual Felx I have I think. My ex prolly threw all my Flex stuff away but here it is.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. Alexander was someone I thought was really cool. That pose is just badass. Here is the actual Felx I have I think. My ex prolly threw all my Flex stuff away but here it is.

i had the subscription that year...when i grew up and realized it was just a photography mag with ads between the pics i got MD!

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Not to get off the topic of the 6 bb your all naming but I would like to share one though. Many years when I started trainning and reading Flex mag my first one had this guy on it and he looked pretty damn solid.

Great physique so don't get me wrong, but totally lacking striations for a top contender.

2nd note.... I had high hopes for Chris Cook too ragingftrd, but like I said earlier....many have a quick run and then you wonder where they are? (Kai and Heath could be...or not)

WTF happened to Chris Cook though, he looked promising at a very young age too.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i don't think he could handle the financial side of competing at the pro level without a sponsor. i had high hopes for him too.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Damn, although I disagree with anybody that opposes Jay, I can at least understand the Dex supporter. Ronnie doesn't stand a chance unless he drops 20+ lbs. though! That gives Jay an auto plus on that. Freakish Ronnie Roid bellies are no longer rewarded.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Looks like the Dex fans have an early lead. Back it up with some support.........unless you're just jumping on the bandwagon LOL.

spiro

Awards
The biggest Mr. O Competition is coming up with three Mr. O's competing for the title. Place your bets on who will win:

Shredded Dex
My Man Jay Cutler
Big Ronnie Coleman
Did Ronnie say he'll compete at the O? :scared:

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Ronnie is in it for one last run to whoop some butt ^_^ Im telling you hes not looking bad as some may think. I saw some of his training and hes actually looking like Mr. O to me.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Ronnie is in it for one last run to whoop some butt ^_^ Im telling you hes not looking bad as some may think. I saw some of his training and hes actually looking like Mr. O to me.
Where did you see these recent photos/clips? Has he dropped weight? I saw him at the Arnold and agree he looked good, but hard to tell what his gut looked like in street clothes. I've never been a fan b/c of his bloated ab/thigh shot, but If he can drop some lbs. and control that he'll have a run. He won't win though :burnout:

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Heath, seen the man in person and is immensely impressive off season. Dont be too surprised if the newcomer who took third his first time in the O snatches another top spot or even the title....

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Heath, seen the man in person and is immensely impressive off season. Dont be too surprised if the newcomer who took third his first time in the O snatches another top spot or even the title....
Not doubting you.....Heath is impressive and will have a good show. But, I would be uttlerly shocked if he beats this super tough lineup this year! Cutler, Dex, Coleman, Martinez, Kai.......That's ballsy to say Heath will beat all of these solid contenders. Honestly, I'm pulling for Jay (obviously), but Dex is the guy to beat this year....all hype is focused on him. Plus he has the mental edge of actually being the current Mr. O.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Not doubting you.....Heath is impressive and will have a good show. But, I would be uttlerly shocked if he beats this super tough lineup this year! Cutler, Dex, Coleman, Martinez, Kai.......That's ballsy to say Heath will beat all of these solid contenders. Honestly, I'm pulling for Jay (obviously), but Dex is the guy to beat this year....all hype is focused on him. Plus he has the mental edge of actually being the current Mr. O.
No doubt the man has his work cut out for him to no end. Coleman is grasping at a goal he knows he's not going to snatch honestly. Jay is going to be working his ass off to reclaim the title and dex im afraid may get sloppy knowing he already won the previous comp... But its a bit too far out to be making real assumptions, when pics come out there will be countless threads full of guessing im sure

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Jay is going to be working his ass off to reclaim the title and dex im afraid may get sloppy knowing he already won the previous comp
You said it all right there. Nobody has a better work ethic than Jay. He's hungry and wants to go out number 1.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
gustavo FTW
I'm a Gustavo fan too, but he came in way to soft to compete at the 2009 Arnold: Love the Daddy Yankee at the 2:30 mark though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Qc9jyzBNc"]YouTube - Arnold Classic 2009 Gustavo Badell Posing[/ame]

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
poor gustavo. That one year he should have won it!!!!! 2006 i think it was?

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Since I've said I'm a fan of multiple people, l need to clarify:

My personal favs (in order):
Jay
Gustavo (Gustavo/Martinez tie LOL)
Martinez
Dex
Heath
Kai
Warren
Ronnie

My predictions for the 09 Olympia Judging (in order):
Jay
Dex
Martinez
Heath
Kai
Warren
Ronnie
Gustavo (needs to step up from arnold if he wants top 10)

Last edited:
MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
lol gustavo is going down hill no?
Not at all... He still has a few more years to go, but his conditioning is not consistent. If he buckles down and comes in top shape, you're all in for a show stopper!

If he comes in like the 2009 Arnold.....

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Although Dex is winning the poll, there has been no discussion about him. Bunch of bandwagon mofo's pushin' Dex LOL.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
You said it all right there. Nobody has a better work ethic than Jay. He's hungry and wants to go out number 1.
Personally of all bodybuilders running the main stages jay and phil have the best overall outlook on competing and training. They want it more than anyone but dont get all torn up if they are beat. Coming in second to ronnie all those years i'd have taken it to heart, but jay just transformed it to growth. And his close friend phil harbors the same thought process, less experienced but an incredibly intelligent individual. Had a couple conversations with him at my local supp shop and gym and he's unbelievably humble.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
I hope he gets serious and shock everybody this year....lord knows he can do it......time is running out though.
He did a guest posing at a contest this last saturday in CO. Wish i'd gone to be honest but priorities kill all the fun sometimes

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Personally of all bodybuilders running the main stages jay and phil have the best overall outlook on competing and training. They want it more than anyone but dont get all torn up if they are beat. Coming in second to ronnie all those years i'd have taken it to heart, but jay just transformed it to growth. And his close friend phil harbors the same thought process, less experienced but an incredibly intelligent individual. Had a couple conversations with him at my local supp shop and gym and he's unbelievably humble.
Good post. I definitely have Heath in my lineup, but I may not have given him enough credit due to my lack of knowledge on him. He is a newbie to the pro game, but a damn good one (as is Kai).

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Good post. I definitely have Heath in my lineup, but I may not have given him enough credit due to my lack of knowledge on him. He is a newbie to the pro game, but a damn good one (as is Kai).
I've seen kai's training vids with vic and the man has immense potential as well! I wish i could go to the O this year!

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Just read in Flex Mag today that Jay is planning on bulking up to 310-315 in the off season before dieting down this year. I'm still pulling for him regardless, but wasn't really happy to hear he's trying to gain more weight. Especially with the judges shift towards aesthetics.

Just want him to stay healthy foremost, but secondly...... If he slimmed down towards Dex's size and came in just as ripped as Dex......show's over!

Bulk weight off season doesn't really matter, but I hope he doesn't play the Ronnie (size game)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kai, and Heath are gonna own the scene in the next few years. I hope Dennis Wolf gets his "A game" back too.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Kai, and Heath are gonna own the scene in the next few years. I hope Dennis Wolf gets his "A game" back too.
Kai and Heath are badass, but I never liked Dennis. Probably b/c I think he is a Jay wanna be that will never happen. Not ripping on him though....just my opinion.

A lot of people really like Wolf.

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards

Im hoping for the taller bodybuilders like Wolf and Freeman.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established

Im hoping for the taller bodybuilders like Wolf and Freeman.
Dirty dog LOL. Dennis looks better in your post, but that looks like a posedown pic. (Dennis could be at full flex, and Cutler could be easing or coming off a pose).

As a rule of thumb, best comparison is of the individual prejudging poses. You be the judge.

Attachments