Poll: Who will win the 2009 Mr. Olympia?

2009 Mr. Olympia Winner - Poll

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by MF210 View Post
    You said it all right there. Nobody has a better work ethic than Jay. He's hungry and wants to go out number 1.
    Personally of all bodybuilders running the main stages jay and phil have the best overall outlook on competing and training. They want it more than anyone but dont get all torn up if they are beat. Coming in second to ronnie all those years i'd have taken it to heart, but jay just transformed it to growth. And his close friend phil harbors the same thought process, less experienced but an incredibly intelligent individual. Had a couple conversations with him at my local supp shop and gym and he's unbelievably humble.

  2. Registered User
    MF210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by elementrip View Post
    Gustavo has the tri's i'd kill for! lol
    I hope he gets serious and shock everybody this year....lord knows he can do it......time is running out though.
  3. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by MF210 View Post
    I hope he gets serious and shock everybody this year....lord knows he can do it......time is running out though.
    He did a guest posing at a contest this last saturday in CO. Wish i'd gone to be honest but priorities kill all the fun sometimes
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    MF210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by elementrip View Post
    Personally of all bodybuilders running the main stages jay and phil have the best overall outlook on competing and training. They want it more than anyone but dont get all torn up if they are beat. Coming in second to ronnie all those years i'd have taken it to heart, but jay just transformed it to growth. And his close friend phil harbors the same thought process, less experienced but an incredibly intelligent individual. Had a couple conversations with him at my local supp shop and gym and he's unbelievably humble.
    Good post. I definitely have Heath in my lineup, but I may not have given him enough credit due to my lack of knowledge on him. He is a newbie to the pro game, but a damn good one (as is Kai).
  5. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by MF210 View Post
    Good post. I definitely have Heath in my lineup, but I may not have given him enough credit due to my lack of knowledge on him. He is a newbie to the pro game, but a damn good one (as is Kai).
    I've seen kai's training vids with vic and the man has immense potential as well! I wish i could go to the O this year!
  6. Registered User
    MF210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    377

    Just read in Flex Mag today that Jay is planning on bulking up to 310-315 in the off season before dieting down this year. I'm still pulling for him regardless, but wasn't really happy to hear he's trying to gain more weight. Especially with the judges shift towards aesthetics.

    Just want him to stay healthy foremost, but secondly...... If he slimmed down towards Dex's size and came in just as ripped as Dex......show's over!

    Bulk weight off season doesn't really matter, but I hope he doesn't play the Ronnie (size game)
  7. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tarpon Springs, Florida
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5549

    Kai, and Heath are gonna own the scene in the next few years. I hope Dennis Wolf gets his "A game" back too.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  8. Registered User
    MF210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Kai, and Heath are gonna own the scene in the next few years. I hope Dennis Wolf gets his "A game" back too.
    Kai and Heath are badass, but I never liked Dennis. Probably b/c I think he is a Jay wanna be that will never happen. Not ripping on him though....just my opinion.

    A lot of people really like Wolf.
  9. Registered User
    tirtle88's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    168




    Im hoping for the taller bodybuilders like Wolf and Freeman.
  10. Registered User
    MF210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by tirtle88 View Post



    Im hoping for the taller bodybuilders like Wolf and Freeman.
    Dirty dog LOL. Dennis looks better in your post, but that looks like a posedown pic. (Dennis could be at full flex, and Cutler could be easing or coming off a pose).

    As a rule of thumb, best comparison is of the individual prejudging poses. You be the judge.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  11. Registered User
    MF210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by MF210 View Post
    Dirty dog LOL. Dennis looks better in your post, but that looks like a posedown pic. (Dennis could be at full flex, and Cutler could be easing or coming off a pose).

    As a rule of thumb, best comparison is of the individual prejudging poses. You be the judge.
    I should be an IFBB judge LOL. Had to take it a step further

    Yellow: Why does the older Veteran have a wrinkle free healthy face?
    Green: Jay dominates that shoulder/trap separation
    Blue: Yes, Dennis is more vascular, but what else?
    Red: Money shot here. You can't be number one without shredded abs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  12. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by MF210 View Post
    I should be an IFBB judge LOL. Had to take it a step further

    Yellow: Why does the older Veteran have a wrinkle free healthy face?
    Green: Jay dominates that shoulder/trap separation
    Blue: Yes, Dennis is more vascular, but what else?
    Red: Money shot here. You can't be number one without shredded abs.
    I'm still trying to nail my seperation man, **** i got my traps getting out of control im shrugging 635 for 6 reps killing it. Getting em down to mid back nice and deep with variations too. gotta get my delts on point for sure though...
  13. Registered User
    MF210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by elementrip View Post
    I'm still trying to nail my seperation man, **** i got my traps getting out of control im shrugging 635 for 6 reps killing it. Getting em down to mid back nice and deep with variations too. gotta get my delts on point for sure though...
    That's beastly! I don't think I'll ever shrug that much in my lifetime....nor do I intend to.

    You definitely need to update your profile photo if you're shrugging that weight though.
  14. Registered User
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    339

    I wouldnt count out Toney Freeman, if he can make his prediction of being 295lbs ripped on stage, will be hard to beat.

    Heath definitely will dominate in years to come.

    I think you are all wrong about Kai, he can not add any more muscle to his frame as he is getting blockier round the waist (his obliques looked huge when he won the Australian Grand Prix) so I think that he may do well this O but in future not so.

    I just dont see them going for Dex again, it reminds me of when Chris Dickerson won it back in 1981, the judges didnt know what direction to go in with no Arnold and Columbo.
    He is just too short to string a few O's together imo.

    Martinez sure has the ability but I just dont see it this year.
  15. Registered User
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    339

    Quote Originally Posted by MF210 View Post
    That's beastly! I don't think I'll ever shrug that much in my lifetime....nor do I intend to.

    You definitely need to update your profile photo if you're shrugging that weight though.
    Agree. Still aint that heavy, back in the day we were doing 800lbs.
  16. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by MF210 View Post
    That's beastly! I don't think I'll ever shrug that much in my lifetime....nor do I intend to.

    You definitely need to update your profile photo if you're shrugging that weight though.
    I know i know man, im about to break down and either buy a new cam or hire one of my buddies to just take some or something. Next week one way or the other there will be pics! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot View Post
    Agree. Still aint that heavy, back in the day we were doing 800lbs.
    I'd believe it.... I've seen guys knock out heavier than me, and get a hell of a lot less red in the face too!
  17. Registered User
    MF210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot View Post
    Agree. Still aint that heavy, back in the day we were doing 800lbs.
    I wish I worked out where you guys do. 6 plates and a quarter on each side is insane! Looking forward to those picks elementrip.....you've made some major gains.

    Anyhow, sorry for getting the thread off track.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1499

    Kai can't seem to be stopped lately, but I am rooting for either Phil or Vic.
  19. Registered User
    Problem's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Age
    28
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    297

    Ronnie is coming back ??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Registered User
    buster0371's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,831
    Rep Power
    985

    yeah im rooting for Victor because he lives in my Grandfathers neighborhood
  21. Registered User
    bbforlifee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    69

    Jay phil kai dexter and victor are done!
  22. Registered User
    MF210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by bbforlifee View Post
    Jay phil kai dexter and victor are done!
    Sorry bbforlifee, but you were the last to comment. Looks like you were 100% wrong on that call.

    As the original poster, I just wanted to follow-up and say I had Jay as number one (and he was). I had Dex, Phil, Kai, Vic in the top six (and they were (-;

    Thanks for playing all and better luck next year.
  23. Registered User
    kochise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    86

    Kay i think for the next year..... it's amazing!
  24. Registered User
    bradleywiens's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    368

    I knew Jay would take it back. Making history=awesome.
  25. Registered User
    bleedingthrou's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Age
    28
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    153

    Making history...takes a little more than 3 titles to make Mr. O history...
  26. Registered User
    Raladoc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Wirral
    Age
    22
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    96

    Doesnt anyone like Branch Warren lol no mention of him when you where deciding.
  27. Registered User
    bradleywiens's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    368

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedingthrou View Post
    Making history...takes a little more than 3 titles to make Mr. O history...
    It is true that he is no Yates, or Coleman, but I do think it says something to come back and win after losing in 08. [I]That[I] has never been done before.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 11:55 PM
  2. 2009 Mr. Olympia Powerlifting: Jackson vs White (vs Efferding)
    By VolcomX311 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 02:33 PM
  3. WTF 2009 MR. OLYMPIA!!!
    By bbkhan87 in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 01:18 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 12:02 PM
  5. OWGP Winner Poll
    By jas123 in forum MMA
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in