Bodybuilding Contest Prep Log using only Andro Series - 16 Weeks

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Hey gang… so I created this account so that I can log my experience with the Andro series as I prep for the Oregon State Bodybuilding Competition on July 7th.I will be posting weekly with updates and progress pics every two weeks.
Current Weight: 245
Body Fat: 10.5
Height: 6’2”

Current Diet
300 grams Protein
150 grams Carbs
No added fats except from what comes from the protein and carbs.

Workout Routine
5 days on two off starting now. (was doing 4 days on 3 off prior to cycle)
Cardio
1 hour a day – 6 days a week ( off on leg day)

This year will be my second year competing. Last year I stepped on Stage at the Oregon Ironman at 217lb. I was happy with my placing considering it was my first competition and I dropped 100lbs to do it. This year, I have made it my goal to win my class and bring the best package I can bring to the stage. This is where Primordial Performance came in and offered to sponsor me. After beta testing the new formula of Andro Bulk during the off-season and gaining a solid 15 lbs in four weeks, I knew the potential of the Andro line and wanted to see how it would help me as I compete in a Bodybuilding competition.
I am currently 16 weeks from the Oregon State and today marks the beginning of my 16 week cycle using Primordial Performance supplements.
My complete hormone stack is listed below and will be the ONLY hormones I will be using with NO other outside help. This should be fun!
• 16 weeks – 8 weeks: Andro Bulk and Andro Mass (6 softgels per day)
• 8 weeks – 1 week out: Andro Mass (6 softgels per day)
• 8 weeks – Contest:Andro Lean and Andro Hard (6 soft gels per day)
• The only other thing I plan to add would be Mechabol at 6 weeks out. – I did talk to Primordial Performance about this and they did approve it.

photo2.jpg

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
So Here are my starting progress pics from 3/6. That is when I started my diet listed above and 45 minutes of cardio a day for 6 days a week. As if last week, I was put at an hour. I plan to update progress pics here in two weeks.
DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0035.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG

attacklife04

Awards
Subbed! Good luck man! Lookin' forward to reading about your progress.

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Thanks.. cardio was bumped to 1:15 today. Ill do another progress post next sunday.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, your running 6 caps of each correct, so 12 per day?

When you doing cardio, am, post workout, separate workout...?

Otherwise stack looks awesome, can't wait to see what the new formula of lean can do for you

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Mad respect for taking those shots in your undies while the ladies use the treadmill behind you, lol

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Correct. 12 Total caps per day. and just today i am 1:15 for this week split (am and post wo) next week it will bump to 1:30. My coach is wanting to loose the BF early.
Subbed, your running 6 caps of each correct, so 12 per day?

When you doing cardio, am, post workout, separate workout...?

Otherwise stack looks awesome, can't wait to see what the new formula of lean can do for you

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
What was worse was that they passed me and the coach to get to that treadmill... I just had to say WTH and do it.
Mad respect for taking those shots in your undies while the ladies use the treadmill behind you, lol

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Is your coach cool with you posting detailed diet info? Just curious what you are actually eating and when

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
I dont see why he would... as it is... every persons body is different.

Currently: 6 meals...

Meal one: Protein shake and oatmeal
Meal two: Chicken and brown rice and spinach (any green vegitable)
Meal Three: Beef, brown rice, and green spinach or brocolli (hoping he does not take out the beef any time soon.) lol
Meal four: Chicken and Brown Rice
Meal five: (post workout protein shake)
Meal Six: Eggs (2 yokes)
If I am starving, I can backfill with vegitables and add extra egg whites as needed.
Water:1.5 gallons daily.
Timing: every two to three hours when i have breaks @ work... carbs done b4 6pm.

This will change i am sure but this is what I started with... If there are changes I will update them in my weekly updates (sunday) as that is the day I see my coach anyway.

I also monitor my sweat to make sure i dont smell like amonia (sign of burning muscle..) so far so good in that area.

Is your coach cool with you posting detailed diet info? Just curious what you are actually eating and when

P_MIKE_V

P_MIKE_V

Awards
You already look impressive, no homo. You're going to turn into a machine with this I believe. I'm interested in watching this unfold. Good luck with the competition!! ANd I think the ladies were probably mirin using the mirrors, using you as motivation to run more lol. :laugh2:

:rambo:

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Yep.. Thats why I am glad it is not up to me... Food will get adjusted change based on my look and I think it is a good idea to have someone else assess that.

Diet looks well designed. I am sure it will change rapidly as you approach the final weeks.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
You running any fat burners or clen leading up to comp, do you guys have a goal for bf%

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
You running any fat burners or clen leading up to comp, do you guys have a goal for bf%
Not currently taking any stimulants... When things change I will post it. Sunday will be my next update. No goal for bodyfat... Its more about the look then the BF.

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Hey gang… 1 Week down.. 15 to go! So here is the latest update

I started taking androbulk and andromass on Sunday. I did not notice any changes in terms of my workouts until Friday. My strength did not feel different on Friday but I did notice more vascularity then I have seen in a while and my stamina was better. Saturday I felt more aggressive and my arm workout was one of the best I have had. I did not burn out as fast, was able to lift heavier and I had noticeable changes in vascularity. Was it life changing… no.. but I was able to do heavy dips for more reps then for the last 3-4 months. So I’ll take it.
Weight: 240lbs as of this am. So that puts me down 5 lbs in a week. Of course, this is to be expected during the first few weeks and as I get closer it will taper off. I will take pictures next week.
Libido: no significant change
Strength:no noticeable change until Saturday.. However that was only one workout so this week will be a better gauge.
Joint soreness: much better by mid week.
After posing class, my coach did notice my legs are coming in good. However, I do need to work more on shoulder and upper chest development. Body fat is definitely down to where I earned a cheat meal today.
My Diet has been adjusted to where he wants me at around 350 in protein with no changes to carbs yet.
Cardio is now at 1:30 and of course it is split.

Well that is all I can think of for now.. If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
14 Weeks out

Hey gang… 2 Week down.. 14 to go! So here is the latest update.

This week I really started to see changes in terms of the Andro product…
As before… there is nothing that is absolutely mind blowing… It’s just better. I was stronger and the vascularity is still there….. There was also one additional change… water retention…I especially noticed it in my lower back….. but retaining water for now should be fine and will help my joints from hurting as much. As long as I continue to burn the fat from the cardio, the look will continue to improve.

Weight: 239.6lbs as of this am.
As you can tell there was no significant change this week in terms of the scale… At first this was surprising and I increased my cardio by 30 minutes and only added an additional 50 grams of protein.
My coach felt that I leaned out more from last week. Only time will tell if I am gaining any lean muscle.. I hope so…. I know that this is only my second year of bodybuilding…. But it is easy to get impatient when you want to grow.

Libido: no significant change though I am more tired at night but I think is due to less sleep from splitting my cardio and having to get used to that change.

Strength: So on Sunday of last week, my coach let me know that he felt I needed to really push my shoulders and upper chest as they are lagging body parts. As a result, I changed up my workouts to include one Chest and Shoulder workout that focused more on power/Olympic lifts and the other that focused more on reaching complete failure through supersets and giant sets. My workouts went to 5 days a week with the following split…

Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Chest and Shoulders
Wednesday: Back
Thursday Cardio only
Friday: Shoulders and Chest
Saturday: ARMS
Sunday: Cardio only

I will continue to mix it up… and I am trying to listen to how my body responds to see what works and what doesn’t. My lifts were better… I noticed that my overall endurance was better. There were a few times where an hour went by and I still have plenty left in the tank… Don’t worry.. cardio took care of that.
Monday was Leg day and it was really good. I was able to complete 10 full sets of Smith machine squats going just below parallel for 10-12 reps. I started at 225lbs and ended at 455lbs(failure @ 7 reps) … only 45 seconds of rest between sets… Even after that I was able to add several different movements before my quads were completely toast. On Back day, I ended with 405lbs on dead lift and I completed 6 reps before reaching failure. This was at the end of my workout. My last attempt at that weight prior to Andro was 3 reps and that was when I was fresh. For me, that is progress…

Joint soreness: My knees were sore this week but that might have been due to not spacing out back and legs more.

My Diet will stay the same this week with 350 in protein 150 carbs so no changes there.
Cardio is still 1:30 and I am doing 30 in the AM and an hour at night.
Questions? Feel free to ask.

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG

So here are my updated progress pics.. I had my wife take them after we finished posing practice.. As you can see my upper chest and shoulders need development and my posing still needs work... I am just glad I have a crazy good posing coach drilling me each week.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
awesomeness! in for the updates, good luck.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Great log so far.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I'm in for this. Awesome frame my friend you have a Sh!t ton of potential let's see what ya got.

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
13 weeks out

3 weeks in… I have to say I was really happy with my progress this week. My overall look definitely went in the right direction and I am actually looking forward to progress pics next week…. I am nowhere near contest look but I am getting better.

Weight: 236.5 lbs as of this am. That’s a 3 lbs drop from last week. My 36 waist jeans are getting looser I am starting to see some much anticipated changes in my torso.

The biggest change was in my cardio.. I picked up the intensity a bit by adding in Intervals with the step mill.

Libido: I am not sure if my libido is down… I know that I am more tired.. and with both myself and my wife prepping, it was not so much of a priority this week.

Strength: My strength is doing good… Last set was 275 on bench press. For me that is really good. I still remember the time…less then three years ago that I could not even press my bodyweight for one rep. As they say progress is progress. The cool thing is that I am not trying so much for max weight as much as getting the contraction in my muscles for a good 8-10 reps to failure. The Biggest thing I am liking is the stamina in the gym.. I can workout longer with less fatigue.

Monday: Legs + Abs
Wednesday Cardio + Abs
Thursday Back
Saturday: ARMS and Abs

Joint soreness: This week my knees were not as sore but I did notice that my joints around my left shoulder are more sore than usual.. It made it hard to sleep on my side but other than that it really never affected my workouts

My Diet will stay the same this week with 350 in protein 150 carbs so no changes there. As long as my body keeps changing, My coach wants to keep the status quo for now.

Cardio is still 1:30 and I am doing 30 in the AM/Lunch and an hour at night.

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
I'm in for this. Awesome frame my friend you have a Sh!t ton of potential let's see what ya got.
i really appreciate the support.. The best part of this I think is just seeing the transformation as it happens.... I really am looking forward to seeing what I am going to look like at the end of this... To see the 16 week pic vs my contest pic... now that i think will be cool.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good -- keep trucking , keep training like a mad man. You'll get there.

-matt

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey gang… 1 Week down.. 15 to go! So here is the latest update

I started taking androbulk and andromass on Sunday. I did not notice any changes in terms of my workouts until Friday. My strength did not feel different on Friday but I did notice more vascularity then I have seen in a while and my stamina was better. Saturday I felt more aggressive and my arm workout was one of the best I have had. I did not burn out as fast, was able to lift heavier and I had noticeable changes in vascularity.
Considering you are down 5 lbs, this might be a sign of the good to come :)

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Damn. Keep it up!

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Yeah.. my coach thinks we are ahead of schedule.. in terms of leaning out... ill take some more pics on sunday and post them.. I am starting to get to the point where I am seeing some good striations in my quads and calves.. just gonna keep pushing and staying strict to my diet and cardio.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah.. my coach thinks we are ahead of schedule.. in terms of leaning out... ill take some more pics on sunday and post them.. I am starting to get to the point where I am seeing some good striations in my quads and calves.. just gonna keep pushing and staying strict to my diet and cardio.
Ahead is always behind. Just make the effort to adjust timing and you will do well :)

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Ahead is always behind. Just make the effort to adjust timing and you will do well :)
That's why I love having my coach in charge of my meals and diet proticol... I just focus on eating right and pushing myself to the limit in the gym!

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chris glad to hear Andre is pleased and things are on point. I am excited to see the end result.

-Matt

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Chris glad to hear Andre is pleased and things are on point. I am excited to see the end result.

-Matt
You and me both... I am starting to see glimpses of what I am coming in with... Makes me want to push even harder!

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
is this all your using otc only?
YUP. Primoridial products to the show then mechabol 6 weeks out added in for hardness. The rest is the normal stuff... protien, Kreatine, aminos, etc... i am using Animal Cuts as a fat burner right now too.

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
12 weeks out

4 weeks in… Flat and Depleted are the words of the day. My posing coach took one look at me and said... you need to eat... So after class he had me get a cheat meal in.. The only thing that sucks about it was my camera was dead.. Pics were taken after cheat meal so i am holding more water.

Weight: 235lbs as of this am. That’s a 1.5 lbs drop from last week. I started looking flat toward Friday and today was the same… I added in a fat burner this week and I am sure that was the cause.. Animal Cuts…. I think it just depletes you faster. Its too bad that our bodies dont loose the same amount every week.. But then its more about the look and not the weight... I keep telling myself..

Libido: Libido is fine..though when my wife is 5 weeks out… it is hard to expect that her libido to be in check… oh well.

Strength: My strength is still doing good… I had a killer chest and shoulder workout with my coach Turk Fickling on Friday and the only change I am seeing is some reduced strength this week during my leg workout.

Monday: Legs + Abs
Wednesday Cardio + Abs
Thursday Back
Saturday: ARMS and Abs

Joint soreness: Still battling sore knees this week as well as my left shoulder… Its about the same as it wa last week… so no changes there

My Diet will change this week with 350 in protein 200 carbs.. The extra 50 grams of carbs will be front loaded. We will see how my body reacts to the change… and then we will augment everything from there….

Cardio is still 1:30 and I am doing 30 in the AM/Lunch and an hour at night. This is expected to change next week.

Questions? Feel free to ask.