Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I took Toco-8 during this cycle and still taking it during PCT. Never had a problem with hair thickness, but noticed some hair falling out during certain cycles. Havent noticed that this cycle except a rare few days. Right now I am in need of a hair cut in fact. Facial hair seems to be growing faster now that I think about it. I usually dont HAVE to shave for a few weeks haha.

2. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I took Toco-8 during this cycle and still taking it during PCT. Never had a problem with hair thickness, but noticed some hair falling out during certain cycles. Havent noticed that this cycle except a rare few days. Right now I am in need of a hair cut in fact. Facial hair seems to be growing faster now that I think about it. I usually dont HAVE to shave for a few weeks haha.

Thanks for sharing
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.17%

By any chance did your mom suffer from hormonal hair loss due to age?
    •   

4. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.9%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingSusan View Post
    I've heard several women mention improved hair growth and loss prevention when using Toco 8. The most common cause of hair loss with age is menopause and the subsequent hormone imbalances that it causes. For most prevention and treatment measure, women facilitate a hormone replacement therapy that seeks to balance this imbalance through the utilization of oral or topical forms of estrogen and progesterone. According to the American Hair Loss Association this considered, " the most common systemic form of treatment for androgenic alopocia for women in menopause"

Finasteride is another option for women, though it's use is still somewhat controversial and really hit or miss.

Finasteride for female pattern hair loss
    The earliest and largest report of finasteride for female pattern hair loss was a double-blind, randomized controlled trial involving post-menopausal women aged 41 to 60 years with normal serum testosterone. Patients were randomized to finasteride 1 mg daily (n=67) or placebo (n=70) for 12 months. Outcome measures included periodic computer-assisted hair counts, patient self-assessments including satisfaction with overall hair appearance, investigator assessment of hair growth compared to baseline, and global photographic assessment. Serial biopsies of the scalp in areas of hair thinning were also used to determine the effect of finasteride on hair growth. After 12 months of treatment, finasteride was no better than placebo in any of the outcome measures despite significant reductions in serum dihydrotestosterone levels, and fewer than 20% of treated patients reported satisfaction with the appearance of their hair. Treatment was generally well-tolerated with no significant differences in clinical or laboratory adverse events between finasteride and placebo, although one patient in the finasteride group developed folliculitis, which resolved with continued treatment.9,10

The authors postulated that the lack of effect could have been due to age-related hair thinning in some patients, which would not be expected to respond to finasteride treatment. However, successful treatment was subsequently reported in other post-menopausal women, albeit sometimes with higher doses over longer treatment periods.

A 67 year-old woman with an 18-month history of progressive hair thinning and no laboratory evidence of hyperandrogenism was unable to tolerate antiandrogen therapy with spironolactone 100 mg/d, and a switch to cyproterone 50 mg was ineffective. Finasteride 5 mg once weekly was started and after 12 months the patient reported increased hair density and standardized global photography of her scalp showed significant hair regrowth.11

Similar results were reported in a 51 year-old patient with an 8-month history of progressive hair thinning and no laboratory or clinical evidence of hyperandrogenism. Treatment with topical minoxidil 2% had no effect. Finasteride 1 mg daily was started, hair loss stabilized after 8 months and hair density improved compared to baseline after 12-13 months.12 Trueb reported slowing of hair loss and noticeable hair regrowth in as little as 6 months in 5 normoandrogenic, post-menopausal women using finasteride in doses of 2.5 mg or 5 mg daily. Four out of 5 of these patients had previously tried antiandrogen therapy with cyproterone without success.13 Ahn et al reported satisfaction by patient self assessment and improvement by photo assessment in 9 out of 10 post-menopausal women treated with finasteride 1 mg daily for 52 to 82 weeks.14 Finally, 5 out of 6 women with alopecia and normal serum testosterone levels (average age 46.5 years, range 30 to 76 years) reported benefit and psychological improvement with finasteride 5 mg daily in retrospective questionnaires.15

Pre-menopausal women have also been studied. Iorizzo et al reported improvement in 23 of 37 pre-menopausal women, based on global photographic assessment in a 12-month open-label trial of finasteride 2.5 mg daily (along with an oral contraceptive containing drosperinone). Twenty-nine of the patients reported improvement by self-assessment.16

It has been suggested that women with hyperandrogenism might be more likely to benefit from finasteride treatment.17However, finasteride has yielded inconsistent results in both pre- and post-menopausal women with female pattern hair loss associated with overt hyperandrogenism.

Combined treatment with finasteride 2.5 mg/d and ethinyl estradiol 30 ug/d for 2 years was reported to improve hair loss in 75 of 89 patients with persistent adrenarche syndrome (manifested by seborrhea, acne, hirsutism and alopecia).6 The same investigators also reported success with finasteride 2.5 to 5 mg/d plus topical minoxidil in post-menopausal women with elevated androgen levels and either Ludwig or Hamilton pattern hair loss.18

Finasteride 1.25 mg daily was effective in promoting scalp hair growth in 4 women (aged 36, 40, 60, and 66 years old) with elevated serum testosterone levels (range 3.4 to 5.8 nmol/L) and clinical hyperandrogenism. Stabilization of hair loss was seen within 6 to 12 months, but noticeable hair growth took from 6 months to as long as 2.5 years. Other features of hyperandrogenism such as hirsutism also improved. Patients were still on treatment after 24 to 30 months.19

Finasteride 2.5 mg daily was also effective in stabilizing hair loss and promoting hair regrowth in a case of a 47-year-old woman who developed male pattern hair loss due to long-term treatment with an estrogen-testosterone combination following hysterectomy and ovary removal. Despite continued treatment with testosterone, hair loss stabilized after 6 months, and there was noticeable improvement of scalp coverage by 10 months. Other features of hyperandrogenism (hirsutism and deepened voice) also improved.20

In contrast, finasteride 5 mg daily (n=12) for 1 year was no different from no treatment (n=12), and less effective than flutamide 250 mg/d (n=12), based on patient self-assessment and investigator assessment, in young women (252 years old) with Ludwig pattern hair loss, elevated serum testosterone and clinical hyperandrogenism.21

What about topical finasteride?
    Only 2 studies evaluating topical finasteride for pattern hair loss were found, and only 1 study involved women.22,23Finasteride 0.005% (in a base of ethanol, propylene glycol, and water) was studied in 52 patients with androgenetic alopecia, including 24 women (mean age 33 years, range 23-38years) in a 16-month single-blind, placebo-controlled trial.22 Treatment consisted of 1 mL of solution applied twice daily to balding areas. There was no response to treatment in the first 3 months, however, by 6 months there were statistically significant differences in hair density and hair loss compared to placebo. Although the results were not stratified by sex, by the end of the study all treated patients had slight to marked reduction of balding areas and all reported perceived benefit, rating their treatment moderately (27%) or highly effective (73%). Treatment was well-tolerated with no report of local or systemic side effects, and no effect on plasma testosterone or dihydrotestosterone were observed.

Conclusion
    There have been recent advances in the understanding of hair follicle physiology and the role of androgens in human hair growth, but much remains unclear.24 The role of finasteride in female pattern hair loss is still controversial, with reports of success and occasionally failure continuing to appear. Some women with female pattern hair loss might benefit from finasteride, although better understanding of the condition and more research into optimal finasteride dosing and who might be good candidates for treatment is needed.17,25 Doses used have ranged from 5 mg per week to 5 mg per day, over periods of 6 months to more than 2 years. Finasteride was well tolerated in the various doses used with few treatment-related adverse effects reported. The main caution is that finasteride can cause feminization of male fetuses, so pregnancy must be excluded before beginning finasteride and women of reproductive age must use effective birth control while taking finasteride.

Key points

• It is not clear who is likely to respond to therapy.
    • Optimal dosing in women is unknown; higher doses than in men may be necessary.
    • Noticeable results may take 6 months or longer, and like men, effects are not sustained without continued treatment.
    • Women of child-bearing age should not use finasteride, or must use effective contraception during treatment.

http://dpic.org/article/professional...air-loss-women

Hope this helps.

~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

5. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

For what it's worth, my wife raves about how Toco-8 has improved her hair.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.75%

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingSusan View Post
    I don't think so, although, it did seem to get worse as she approached 50.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Definitely true ^^ I use it year round and definitely notice a difference.
    Back.... for real this time
  8. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.3%

Always happy to see you guys loving this product
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.4%

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Always happy to see you guys loving this product
    Where are you guys getting your toco 8 from? Most sites that I have looked at are out of stock, especially in the UK. Do any high street retailers sell the stuff?
  10. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Finco View Post
    Where are you guys getting your toco 8 from? Most sites that I have looked at are out of stock, especially in the UK. Do any high street retailers sell the stuff?
    Not sure about oversea retailers, but I think PP wil ship to the UK, just not sure what the cost is,.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35%

Anyone compared the results of toco8 and Silica?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.2%

Quote Originally Posted by tr8cid
    Anyone compared the results of toco8 and Silica?
    Compare? To toco8? Non-sense....
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.83%

bump
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.95%

gonna throw it out there as much as I can and hope someone pushes Eric towards it.

SELL TOCO-8 IN BULK!!!!!
  15. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.3%

Quote Originally Posted by tilldeath View Post
    gonna throw it out there as much as I can and hope someone pushes Eric towards it.

SELL TOCO-8 IN BULK!!!!!
    Ha, I don't know if this will happen.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.49%

Re: The Honest Truth About Toco-8

My wife is a permanent customer of PP, thanks to Toco8's hair growth benefits.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    I believe most people are essentially good. I know that I am. It's you I'm not entirely sure of.
    ― Stephen King.
  17. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.3%

Quote Originally Posted by n87 View Post
    My wife is a permanent customer of PP, thanks to Toco8's hair growth benefits.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Glad to hear it man. Thank you to you and your wife for choosing us.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    That's great to hear about your mom, man. Thanks for letting us know, and for supporting us. I've heard more positive stories about Toco-8 than pretty much any other product we have; it's really helped a lot of people.
    What types of hair loss does this typically work with? MPB?
  19. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.3%

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    What types of hair loss does this typically work with? MPB?
    All. The Vitamin E is supportive of hair regrowth.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ok, honest opinion.
    By RwhJR3 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 10:01 AM
  2. How honest are you about using anabolics?
    By colindep in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 12:14 PM
  3. Now, Thats An Honest Cop!!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 08:56 AM