The Honest Truth About Toco-8

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alopecia runs on my mom's side of the family. Unfortunately, my mom suffers from alopecia and is very self conscious about it.

A few months ago I noticed that she was taking Vitamin E and told her not to buy anymore b/c I had some that she could have. I eventually told her that it has been clinically proven to help regrow thinning hair, but she was skeptical...at first.

My mom liked the idea of not taking another pill, so I bought her another bottle of Toco-8. Shortly after she called me and said that she was starting to notice new hair growth in an area that had been progressively thinning for years!

Thanks for a great product that works as advertised. I will continue to buy Toco-8 for my mother and myself.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's great to hear about your mom, man. Thanks for letting us know, and for supporting us. I've heard more positive stories about Toco-8 than pretty much any other product we have; it's really helped a lot of people. :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't see too many posts about it on the boards though...or at least I haven't noticed them.

After this experience, I feel that this supp is probably underrated/underutilized. It's actually very CHEAP to use considering one bottle lasts two months.

Thanks again for a great product PP!

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
beeen a staple of mine for a long time. i take it for the benefits that are not quite so visible

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's great!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
beeen a staple of mine for a long time. i take it for the benefits that are not quite so visible
Bingo, the hair regrowth is exceptional it its own right, but Toco-8 has so many benefits its crazy. I especially am excited about the benefits towards lipids, especially for cycles.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alopecia runs on my mom's side of the family. Unfortunately, my mom suffers from alopecia and is very self conscious about it.

A few months ago I noticed that she was taking Vitamin E and told her not to buy anymore b/c I had some that she could have. I eventually told her that it has been clinically proven to help regrow thinning hair, but she was skeptical...at first.

My mom liked the idea of not taking another pill, so I bought her another bottle of Toco-8. Shortly after she called me and said that she was starting to notice new hair growth in an area that had been progressively thinning for years!

Thanks for a great product that works as advertised. I will continue to buy Toco-8 for my mother and myself.
That's really cool man, glad to hear your mom is seeing improvements.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Toco-8 certainly is a diamond in the rough ;). Thank you for sharing your story.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
I have started using toco8 as well.. The thin areas are thickening up.

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
I use Nizoral shampoo or something like that. My wifey gets it for me.. Is toco8 comparable or better?? Im willing to try it if so. My hair is fine, thats why i use shampoo, to keep it that way!!!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I visited my mom today after work and she was telling me that her hair dresser had noticed that her hair was growing back in.

My mom was so intrigued with Toco-8 that she went online and started researching it. She's already really happy with the results on her scalp and she was really impressed with what Toco-8 will do for her lipids.

EDIT: I just re-read my post and if anybody saw it before the edit...I said she was growing back hair...oops...:lol:

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thats awesome about the moms, it helped me grow my first full facial hair, i wrote a short review, remarkable product

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love me some Toco 8. Probably my favorite product in the PP lineup. Thanks for sharing the story Stxnas.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bingo, the hair regrowth is exceptional it its own right, but Toco-8 has so many benefits its crazy. I especially am excited about the benefits towards lipids, especially for cycles.
yeah, i've thought about it for that reason, particularly lately. But I don't want any thicker or more hair :D

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've had similiar experiences. I'm not losing hair too quickly, but after I started taking toco-8 none of the hairs that fell out of my head were thin. They were all thick. What this told me was that the toco-8 was maintaining the Anagen (hair growth phase) for a longer time. Before and a few weeks after the toco-8 my hair started dropping the thin hairs again.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info. Toco is one of the product that i use daily.

BrockR

BrockR

Awards
Yep, toco8 is excellent! Definitely a unique product that I plan on taking continuously.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I love me some toco 8. For me it's all about keeping my artery walls healthy! Great over all product.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
thats awesome about the moms, it helped me grow my first full facial hair, i wrote a short review, remarkable product
Lol I'm 32 and still can't grow a good beard. Ha maybe I'll give this a shot. Hopeing for a Billy maze type beard for christmas.

BrockR

BrockR

Awards
Lol I'm 32 and still can't grow a good beard. Ha maybe I'll give this a shot. Hopeing for a Billy maze type beard for christmas.

Consider yourself blessed! I've been growing full beards since 15. Somebody make it stop please! Not even going to mention the back hair!

If I had a nickel for every body hair, I'd be a rich man...RICH man I tell you!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love me some toco 8. For me it's all about keeping my artery walls healthy! Great over all product.
Very true. I actually take my Toco8 with Orange Cycle Support. I would love to see Nutraplanet sell CS and Toco8 together as a very encompassing health and wellness stack.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sean has told me on numerous occasions that Toco-8 is a product everyone should use as a staple, so I'll give it a try sometime (not that I need any additional help with hair growth, LOL) :)

~Rosie~

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump for a great success story...and hopefully a Toco BOGO sale :lol:

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Very true. I actually take my Toco8 with Orange Cycle Support. I would love to see Nutraplanet sell CS and Toco8 together as a very encompassing health and wellness stack.
1 scoop of each per day. Both products are great and at that dose they last a long time! It's much easier to make progress when your healthy!

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing the same thing, Orange Cycle Support+Toco 8 and I mix in a scoop of Controlled labs Orange OxiMega Greens. Kind of my super drink. Cycle Support has worked great in the past for cholesterol support for me and I think the Toco 8 will help even more. I've been taking this mix for the past 6 weeks and I feel good! Will get cholesterol recheck in a month.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just made a purchased for some more Toco 8. Love this stuff.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm doing the same thing, Orange Cycle Support+Toco 8 and I mix in a scoop of Controlled labs Orange OxiMega Greens. Kind of my super drink. Cycle Support has worked great in the past for cholesterol support for me and I think the Toco 8 will help even more. I've been taking this mix for the past 6 weeks and I feel good! Will get cholesterol recheck in a month.
Definitely a health conscious drink right there!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Longevity bump. My mom still has me buying Toco8 for her. She swears by it now. She feels so much better about her appearance since the regrowth of her thinning areas. She has also recently mentioned that she feels it helps her with her hot flashes :D

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Longevity bump. My mom still has me buying Toco8 for her. She swears by it now. She feels so much better about her appearance since the regrowth of her thinning areas. She has also recently mentioned that she feels it helps her with her hot flashes :D
That must be awesome for you.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

awesome. ill keep your mother in prayer for a total healing

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stxnas your thread here was exactly what I was looking for.

Never had a problem with losing hair before, not even on cycle, but it seems to be thinning right now in PCT. Thinking about getting some.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually just suggested Toco8 in your log. I hope you get something figured out.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stxnas your thread here was exactly what I was looking for.

Never had a problem with losing hair before, not even on cycle, but it seems to be thinning right now in PCT. Thinking about getting some.
Adding some Toco 8, couldn't hurt.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I took Toco-8 during this cycle and still taking it during PCT. Never had a problem with hair thickness, but noticed some hair falling out during certain cycles. Havent noticed that this cycle except a rare few days. Right now I am in need of a hair cut in fact. Facial hair seems to be growing faster now that I think about it. I usually dont HAVE to shave for a few weeks haha.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I took Toco-8 during this cycle and still taking it during PCT. Never had a problem with hair thickness, but noticed some hair falling out during certain cycles. Havent noticed that this cycle except a rare few days. Right now I am in need of a hair cut in fact. Facial hair seems to be growing faster now that I think about it. I usually dont HAVE to shave for a few weeks haha.

Thanks for sharing :)

SeekingSusan

Awards
By any chance did your mom suffer from hormonal hair loss due to age?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've heard several women mention improved hair growth and loss prevention when using Toco 8. The most common cause of hair loss with age is menopause and the subsequent hormone imbalances that it causes. For most prevention and treatment measure, women facilitate a hormone replacement therapy that seeks to balance this imbalance through the utilization of oral or topical forms of estrogen and progesterone. According to the American Hair Loss Association this considered, " the most common systemic form of treatment for androgenic alopocia for women in menopause"

Finasteride is another option for women, though it's use is still somewhat controversial and really hit or miss.

Finasteride for female pattern hair loss
The earliest and largest report of finasteride for female pattern hair loss was a double-blind, randomized controlled trial involving post-menopausal women aged 41 to 60 years with normal serum testosterone. Patients were randomized to finasteride 1 mg daily (n=67) or placebo (n=70) for 12 months. Outcome measures included periodic computer-assisted hair counts, patient self-assessments including satisfaction with overall hair appearance, investigator assessment of hair growth compared to baseline, and global photographic assessment. Serial biopsies of the scalp in areas of hair thinning were also used to determine the effect of finasteride on hair growth. After 12 months of treatment, finasteride was no better than placebo in any of the outcome measures despite significant reductions in serum dihydrotestosterone levels, and fewer than 20% of treated patients reported satisfaction with the appearance of their hair. Treatment was generally well-tolerated with no significant differences in clinical or laboratory adverse events between finasteride and placebo, although one patient in the finasteride group developed folliculitis, which resolved with continued treatment.[SUP]9,10[/SUP]

The authors postulated that the lack of effect could have been due to age-related hair thinning in some patients, which would not be expected to respond to finasteride treatment. However, successful treatment was subsequently reported in other post-menopausal women, albeit sometimes with higher doses over longer treatment periods.

A 67 year-old woman with an 18-month history of progressive hair thinning and no laboratory evidence of hyperandrogenism was unable to tolerate antiandrogen therapy with spironolactone 100 mg/d, and a switch to cyproterone 50 mg was ineffective. Finasteride 5 mg once weekly was started and after 12 months the patient reported increased hair density and standardized global photography of her scalp showed significant hair regrowth.[SUP]11[/SUP]

Similar results were reported in a 51 year-old patient with an 8-month history of progressive hair thinning and no laboratory or clinical evidence of hyperandrogenism. Treatment with topical minoxidil 2% had no effect. Finasteride 1 mg daily was started, hair loss stabilized after 8 months and hair density improved compared to baseline after 12-13 months.[SUP]12[/SUP] Trueb reported slowing of hair loss and noticeable hair regrowth in as little as 6 months in 5 normoandrogenic, post-menopausal women using finasteride in doses of 2.5 mg or 5 mg daily. Four out of 5 of these patients had previously tried antiandrogen therapy with cyproterone without success.[SUP]13[/SUP] Ahn et al reported satisfaction by patient self assessment and improvement by photo assessment in 9 out of 10 post-menopausal women treated with finasteride 1 mg daily for 52 to 82 weeks.[SUP]14[/SUP] Finally, 5 out of 6 women with alopecia and normal serum testosterone levels (average age 46.5 years, range 30 to 76 years) reported benefit and psychological improvement with finasteride 5 mg daily in retrospective questionnaires.[SUP]15[/SUP]

Pre-menopausal women have also been studied. Iorizzo et al reported improvement in 23 of 37 pre-menopausal women, based on global photographic assessment in a 12-month open-label trial of finasteride 2.5 mg daily (along with an oral contraceptive containing drosperinone). Twenty-nine of the patients reported improvement by self-assessment.[SUP]16[/SUP]

It has been suggested that women with hyperandrogenism might be more likely to benefit from finasteride treatment.[SUP]17[/SUP]However, finasteride has yielded inconsistent results in both pre- and post-menopausal women with female pattern hair loss associated with overt hyperandrogenism.

Combined treatment with finasteride 2.5 mg/d and ethinyl estradiol 30 ug/d for 2 years was reported to improve hair loss in 75 of 89 patients with persistent adrenarche syndrome (manifested by seborrhea, acne, hirsutism and alopecia).[SUP]6[/SUP] The same investigators also reported success with finasteride 2.5 to 5 mg/d plus topical minoxidil in post-menopausal women with elevated androgen levels and either Ludwig or Hamilton pattern hair loss.[SUP]18[/SUP]

Finasteride 1.25 mg daily was effective in promoting scalp hair growth in 4 women (aged 36, 40, 60, and 66 years old) with elevated serum testosterone levels (range 3.4 to 5.8 nmol/L) and clinical hyperandrogenism. Stabilization of hair loss was seen within 6 to 12 months, but noticeable hair growth took from 6 months to as long as 2.5 years. Other features of hyperandrogenism such as hirsutism also improved. Patients were still on treatment after 24 to 30 months.[SUP]19[/SUP]

Finasteride 2.5 mg daily was also effective in stabilizing hair loss and promoting hair regrowth in a case of a 47-year-old woman who developed male pattern hair loss due to long-term treatment with an estrogen-testosterone combination following hysterectomy and ovary removal. Despite continued treatment with testosterone, hair loss stabilized after 6 months, and there was noticeable improvement of scalp coverage by 10 months. Other features of hyperandrogenism (hirsutism and deepened voice) also improved.[SUP]20[/SUP]

In contrast, finasteride 5 mg daily (n=12) for 1 year was no different from no treatment (n=12), and less effective than flutamide 250 mg/d (n=12), based on patient self-assessment and investigator assessment, in young women (25±2 years old) with Ludwig pattern hair loss, elevated serum testosterone and clinical hyperandrogenism.[SUP]21[/SUP]

What about topical finasteride?
Only 2 studies evaluating topical finasteride for pattern hair loss were found, and only 1 study involved women.[SUP]22,23[/SUP]Finasteride 0.005% (in a base of ethanol, propylene glycol, and water) was studied in 52 patients with androgenetic alopecia, including 24 women (mean age 33 years, range 23-38years) in a 16-month single-blind, placebo-controlled trial.[SUP]22[/SUP] Treatment consisted of 1 mL of solution applied twice daily to balding areas. There was no response to treatment in the first 3 months, however, by 6 months there were statistically significant differences in hair density and hair loss compared to placebo. Although the results were not stratified by sex, by the end of the study all treated patients had slight to marked reduction of balding areas and all reported perceived benefit, rating their treatment moderately (27%) or highly effective (73%). Treatment was well-tolerated with no report of local or systemic side effects, and no effect on plasma testosterone or dihydrotestosterone were observed.

Conclusion
There have been recent advances in the understanding of hair follicle physiology and the role of androgens in human hair growth, but much remains unclear.[SUP]24[/SUP] The role of finasteride in female pattern hair loss is still controversial, with reports of success and occasionally failure continuing to appear. Some women with female pattern hair loss might benefit from finasteride, although better understanding of the condition and more research into optimal finasteride dosing and who might be good candidates for treatment is needed.[SUP]17,25[/SUP] Doses used have ranged from 5 mg per week to 5 mg per day, over periods of 6 months to more than 2 years. Finasteride was well tolerated in the various doses used with few treatment-related adverse effects reported. The main caution is that finasteride can cause feminization of male fetuses, so pregnancy must be excluded before beginning finasteride and women of reproductive age must use effective birth control while taking finasteride.

Key points

• It is not clear who is likely to respond to therapy.
  • Optimal dosing in women is unknown; higher doses than in men may be necessary.
  • Noticeable results may take 6 months or longer, and like men, effects are not sustained without continued treatment.
  • Women of child-bearing age should not use finasteride, or must use effective contraception during treatment.

http://dpic.org/article/professional/finasteride-hair-loss-women

Hope this helps.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think so, although, it did seem to get worse as she approached 50.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Definitely true ^^ I use it year round and definitely notice a difference.

Finco

Awards
Always happy to see you guys loving this product :)
Where are you guys getting your toco 8 from? Most sites that I have looked at are out of stock, especially in the UK. Do any high street retailers sell the stuff?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where are you guys getting your toco 8 from? Most sites that I have looked at are out of stock, especially in the UK. Do any high street retailers sell the stuff?
Not sure about oversea retailers, but I think PP wil ship to the UK, just not sure what the cost is,.