Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I plan to put together a Toco-8
information thread compiled with various pieces of information and studies. It will be a work in progress, and it hopefully will give you all a consolidated information base on this great product. I encourage you all to ask questions as well, so feel free to post up any inquiries along the way.

Here's a few postings eric has made in regard to Toco-8
previously:

I’d like to present our Tocotreinol product – .Toco-8 Tocotrienols have been proven to prevent hair loss, and promote hair regrowth, while supporting hormone production

Please see a quote directly from the human study for the hair growth benefits –

"At the end of the supplementation period, all volunteers in the tocotrienol formulation group had positive results, recording an increase in the number of hairs in the evaluation area. Seven volunteers (64%) showed regrowth of between 10-35% while 3 volunteers (27%) had 50% or greater regrowth. One volunteer had regrowth of more than 100%. The mean percentage of increase in the number of hairs is 42.4.+-.40.9% (mean.+-)."

To read the full patent, please visit here -
Hair growth formulation - Google Patents

Toco-8 can also help increase testosterone production by increasing testicular sensitivity to LH, thus increasing the testosterone response. This is a critical benefit for PCT, when testicular sensitivity is important for returning natural testosterone levels.

Get more info - Toco-8

Id like to link you guys up with the a couple radio interviews on the Tocotrienols product Toco-8. This is Carl Lanore’s show over at Super Human Radio - The World's First Broadcast Radio Show Dedicated to Human Performance

In the first interview, Carl Lanore interviews Eric Potratz about the history of tocotrienols & tocopherols, and presents the patented hair loss study and benefits of the tocotrienols [Toco-8] -

Quicktime - :: Super Human Radio ::
MP3 download - http://www.superhumanradio.com/media/pr/press/TOCO8.mp3

In the second interview Eric Potratz & Carl Lanore discuss the more specific properties of tocotrienols [Toco-8] and their benefits for hair growth, hormone production, heart health, ect -

Quicktime - :: Super Human Radio ::
MP3 download - http://www.superhumanradio.com/rss/2008/SHR_Show_184.mp3

Enjoy.

-Pp

Here is the patent in more detail and full text:

Hair growth formulation - US Patent 7211274 Full Text

Fueling Testosterone and Preventing Hair Loss with Tocotrienols
Date :15 February 2008

Primordial Performance introduces Toco-8 -- a natural tocotrienol supplement designed to encourage testosterone production, while preventing hair loss. This represents the first natural product to support a man's hormone production and healthy hair growth.

Eugene, OR (PRWEB) February 15, 2008 -- Hair loss (alopecia) and low testosterone (hypogonadism) have become common problems for middle aged men. The two most popular treatments for hair loss are finasteride (Proscar/Propecia) or the topical drug minoxidil (Rogain). Patient compliance with minoxidil therapy is generally a problem, while finesteride is often associated with undesirable side-effects. By overly suppressing DHT, finasteride can lead to erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia and general impotence.

Men with low testosterone often deal with the suboptimal lifestyle, or seek the traditional hypogonadal treatment of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT). However, TRT is often associated with increased hair loss, thus requiring the need for aforementioned prescription hair loss drugs. This creates a negative cycle, and further reliance on prescription medication.

Recently, the natural ingredient manufacturer Carotech obtained a US patent (7,211,247) for the hair loss prevention, and hair regrowth benefits of a mixed tocotrienol complex. For this patent, a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled study was performed. The participants supplementing with 100mg of the tocotrienol complex had an average 42 percent increase in hair count after 5 months, with no side-effects reported. The mechanism of action appears to be unrelated to DHT levels. It's been reported that the tocotrienols may protect and replenish the hair follicle by their potent antioxidant ability.

In light of these findings, a partnership was established between the supplement company Primordial Performance LLC, and the ingredient manufacturer Carotech Inc. In early 2008, Primordial Performance announced the release and distribution of the first pure tocotrienol powdered supplement -- Toco-8.

Toco-8 is a pure tocotrienol powdered supplement, marketed to men for hormone optimizing effects, with the proven benefit of hair loss protection. Research with animals and humans show that tocotrienols can support testosterone production by increasing production of luteinizing hormone (LH) from the brain. LH is the hormone that signals testosterone production from the male testes. Tocotrienols have also been found to increase testicular sensitivity the effects of LH, thus increasing the testosterone response from LH.

Toco-8 is a safe and natural supplement for men wishing to support their body's own testosterone production, while also promoting healthy hair growth. It is sold as a 30 day supply at the clinically effective hair regrowth dose. To find out more about Toco-8, and the science behind its benefits, plus user testimonials, visit Primordial Performance

About Primordial Performance:
Primordial Performance has entered the dietary supplement market with a unique product line up. In an attempt to gain an honest reputation, Primordial Performance maintains a strong focus on customer education and communal support.

Information Links On Tocotrienols/Tocopherols:

Tocotrienol.org - Recent News

Vitamin E may reverse male pattern baldness: Study

Tocotrienols: the emerging face of natural vitamin...[Vitam Horm. 2007] - PubMed Result

Tocotrienol: the natural vitamin E to defend the n...[Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004] - PubMed Result

Tocotrienol.org - Your Online Source of Information on Tocotrienol - FAQs

Dr. Murray's Natural Facts

http://www.americanwellnessnetwork.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=593

Tocotrienols in health and disease: the other half...[Mol Aspects Med. 2007 Oct-Dec] - PubMed Result

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Great stuff, T! Wish the HMS had come w/ 2 bottles of everything - I'm looking at an 8-weeker (augmented), then PCT - and wishing I could run the Toco-8 & EndoAmp thru the whole thing, not just at the end.

'Course, the HMS is an incredible deal to begin with, so don't think I'm complaining.

Got a similar data-dump planned for the EA?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great stuff, T! Wish the HMS had come w/ 2 bottles of everything - I'm looking at an 8-weeker (augmented), then PCT - and wishing I could run the Toco-8 & EndoAmp thru the whole thing, not just at the end.

'Course, the HMS is an incredible deal to begin with, so don't think I'm complaining.

Got a similar data-dump planned for the EA?
Sure do! ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sticky it
I agree. I think it's a good idea. That way the information will be there for all the new members browsing the forum as well.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've begun adding links of info at the bottow of my initial post, gentlemen.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
great thread john!:)

D

DavidWebb

Awards
Should Toco be taken with carbs similar to EA?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i just grabbed some for myself @30% off!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bumping this for those that may have missed it. I'm working on adding some more info in the coming weeks.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
ive been taking it everyday for about 5 months. what would i say it has done for me? well i dont know. regardless, i will continue this as one of my staples due to the many health benefits it provides that you may not see in a mirror

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive been taking it everyday for about 5 months. what would i say it has done for me? well i dont know. regardless, i will continue this as one of my staples due to the many health benefits it provides that you may not see in a mirror
Exactly. Many of the benefits Toco-8 offers aren't able to be specifically visualized. The immense benefits this product provides in cardiovascular health and lipid modulation is worth its weight in gold alone.

Thank you for your continued support of primordial performance. :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just remember the Vitamin E in Toco-8 is fat soluble, but you can take it with or without meals like it says on the product page :)
I definitely advise people to take
Toco-8 with some type of dietary fat to enhance/propagate absorbtion; this will help ensure maximum benefits from the product are achieved.

G

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
would it be worth doubling your dose when your sick

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
would it be worth doubling your dose when your sick
I don't think that would be necessary. As long as you're taking it everyday as recommended, the dosing is more than sufficient overall.

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the best time of day to dose Toco 8?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is the best time of day to dose Toco 8?
I like to take my dose first thing in the morning with a meal. In all reality, it doesn't make a huge difference though when you take it during the day. The key with this product is consistent use to produce desired effects.

I would take it with some healthy fats (i.e., omega-3 or Flax Oil) to enhance absorbtion.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with Trauma. However one user just reported lethargy with Toco-8, that he found didn't matter if he had it with his last meal. So if you find Toco-8 making you tired, perhaps take it with your pre-bed meal, that should contain fats.

So after much trial and tribulation i have figured out why i was having issues with Toco 8...

For some reason when i take it in the morning i get extremely fatigued for the rest of the day - i thought it was an allergic reaction because my eyes felt heavy and watery - when i tried to work out it felt like i had just completed 6 x 150 lbs sets of curls - so my muscles felt extremely weak...so obviously i didn't know what to think of Toco 8...

I tried EOD and the same thing happened...until i tried it at night...the strangest thing happened...i had the best sleep of my life that night and woke up extremely refreshed and had no eye issues or muscle fatigue...

So i started to do a little research and came across information about vitamin E's roll in muscle repair and couldn't understand the contradiction i was facing with using Toco 8...until i realized that i hadn't been sleeping well for the last couple of months but i still kept a vigorous work, workout and play cycle so i don't think my muscles were able to repair themselves in an adequate manner between workouts - SO when i took Toco in the morning it went straight to work on muscle repair and to do that it made me 'sleepy' fatigued because when you are in a state of repair it is hard to do anything else!

I am very glad i figured this out because i would have hated to see the 3 cans of Toco in my fridge go to waste!

For anyone who may or maynot have experienced anything like this i hope this little tid-bit helped.

BigFish80

BigFish80

Awards
  • Established
Going to be running Toco-8 with my pct that I start tomorrow. I did a 5 weeker of 3-ad and Havoc. Got blood work done at week 4 of the cycle (just happened to go in for a physical and talked them into doing blood work) which was the strongest dosed days on cycle (Havoc@40mg & 3-AD @ 6 caps). Total Test was 57ng/dL! Shutdown hard. However I still feel really good, and libido is just a little bit down. So anyway I am really looking forward to running Toco-8 in my PCT. Oh and I'm getting Blood work done again 1-2 weeks after I finish my PCT. I don't have pre cycle blood work to compare to, but I still should be able to get a feel for how my pct worked. Here what I'm running:

Wk1: Nolva (30mg for the first 4 days then 20mg), aPCT, Toco-8, Cycle Support
Wk2: Nolva 20mg, aPCT, Toco-8, Cycle Support
Wk3: Nolva 10mg, aPCT, Toco-8, Lean FX, Cycle Support
Wk4: Nolva 10mg, aPCT, Toco-8, Lean FX, Cycle Support
**I'll also be taking Jack3d with added Creatine Mono, Incarnate, Animal Flex. I might pick up some VenEVOL as well.**

T1, great info here. MAKE IT A STICKY! Oh and if you have time pop over to my log in the cycle info forum. T1, you actually helped me put this stack together back several months ago (~Nov 08) and would love to have your expert know how around for PCT.

LAC

LAC

Awards
with Toco-8
will estrogen rise? I am concerned about estrogen/prostate health.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
with Toco-8
No it shouldn't. The Toco-8 might raise you T levels slightly, and this would trickly down into not a significant increase in E2. If you're concerned, perhaps pick up some I3C or DIM for further estrogen modulation + the other associated health benefits. Or just take some Sustain which has a mild Anti-E effect.

LAC

LAC

Awards
thanks Steveoph
the DIM/I3C sounds like a good idea.
As an older lifter, I anm concerned about prostate/estrogen.
Thanks again

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
with Toco-8
There should be no significant effects or modulation of estrogen. Here's a few good reads on Vitamin E (Toco-8 is a complete formulation of its annalogues) and the prostate:

http://www.supplementquality.com/efficacy/VitE_prostate.html

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20050301/vitamin-e-which-type-best-for-prostate-cancer

I suggest you also look into our Click Here: EndoAmp Max product. It should be a great addition to your daily supplement regimen as it will help to naturally increased growth hormone levels, and mitigate serum cortisol spikes throughout the day. Definitely a good addition with Toco-8 for overall health benefits as we age. :)

LAC

LAC

Awards
Trauma1
Great articles. As an age 45+ lifter, I just want to be prostate careful.
many thanks

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
There should be no significant effects or modulation of estrogen. Here's a few good reads on Vitamin E (Toco-8 is a complete formulation of its annalogues) and the prostate:

http://www.supplementquality.com/efficacy/VitE_prostate.html

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20050301/vitamin-e-which-type-best-for-prostate-cancer

I suggest you also look into our Click Here: EndoAmp Max product. It should be a great addition to your daily supplement regimen as it will help to naturally increased growth hormone levels, and mitigate serum cortisol spikes throughout the day. Definitely a good addition with Toco-8 for overall health benefits as we age. :)
your the man T1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've updated this a bit. :D