Car pushing

willyp

willyp

Awards
I've recently worked Car pushing into a cross fit type workout for my Squad. i have read that car pushing in MH that car pushing increase the bodies work load and can push people past plateaus. I was wondering if any of you guys have tried this and seen results.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Car pushing can increase your GPP (General Physical Preparedness) thus increasing your work capacity. Most powerlifters will do some sort of GPP training. The article below will explain more.

Check it out:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/gpp.htm
I was going to post the exact article.
We have been using it lately and i can see results. I have a Chevy Silverado and we push a mild uphill grade, therefore it gets taxing.

It is a great idea for anybody, not just strength athletes.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
it's a serious leg pump when doing on an upward slope :thumbsup:

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
Actually I do this as part of my hit cardio, I live on a culdersac or however you spell it. I push my Trail Blazer as fast and as far I can in 20 seconds. Legs and shoulders get worked along with cardio benefits. Can't beat that.

Bile

Bile

Awards
Another thing you can do instead of pushing a car is pulling a car. My old squad leader stole a harness or acquired a should say a harness from Airborne School. Basically you hook the harness onto the front of a car or truck and also hook a rope onto the back of a car or a truck. You then hook yourself into the harness and try and sprint about 50 meters with it. You may need a guy behind the car or truck to spot you and obviously someone steering the car.

Well anyway you sprint 50 meters or if your sucking walk pull it 50 meters and then unhook your self and go to the rear of the vehicle. You then grab the rope and pull it back 50 meters for a cool down. I know this is gonna sound crazy but it is easier to pull it back than it is to pull it forward.

Anyway my Squad does this as part of a circuit training. You can have your other dudes doing other excercises while the guy is pulling the car. Like we have a kettel bell excercise, dips, crunches, sand bag carries up a short flight of stairs, and jump roping. All these guys keep working till the guy pulling the car is done. Then you switch it around till everyone pulls the car 4 times. Usually takes about 1 hour, but it is awesome and smokes the shiit out of your joes.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another thing you can do instead of pushing a car is pulling a car. My old squad leader stole a harness or acquired a should say a harness from Airborne School. Basically you hook the harness onto the front of a car or truck and also hook a rope onto the back of a car or a truck. You then hook yourself into the harness and try and sprint about 50 meters with it. You may need a guy behind the car or truck to spot you and obviously someone steering the car.

Well anyway you sprint 50 meters or if your sucking walk pull it 50 meters and then unhook your self and go to the rear of the vehicle. You then grab the rope and pull it back 50 meters for a cool down. I know this is gonna sound crazy but it is easier to pull it back than it is to pull it forward.

Anyway my Squad does this as part of a circuit training. You can have your other dudes doing other excercises while the guy is pulling the car. Like we have a kettel bell excercise, dips, crunches, sand bag carries up a short flight of stairs, and jump roping. All these guys keep working till the guy pulling the car is done. Then you switch it around till everyone pulls the car 4 times. Usually takes about 1 hour, but it is awesome and smokes the shiit out of your joes.

That sounds crazy... you should post some type of log or something... id read it..

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established
Oh those where the good old days at C co. No one here at B co likes to do a good cross fit or circuit workout.