Car pushing

  1. Registered User
    willyp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brenham, TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    80

    Car pushing


    I've recently worked Car pushing into a cross fit type workout for my Squad. i have read that car pushing in MH that car pushing increase the bodies work load and can push people past plateaus. I was wondering if any of you guys have tried this and seen results.

  2. Registered User
    Rhyno's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beijing
    Age
    28
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    414

    Car pushing can increase your GPP (General Physical Preparedness) thus increasing your work capacity. Most powerlifters will do some sort of GPP training. The article below will explain more.

    Check it out:
    http://www.elitefts.com/documents/gpp.htm
  3. Registered User
    borobulker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,550
    Rep Power
    795736

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Car pushing can increase your GPP (General Physical Preparedness) thus increasing your work capacity. Most powerlifters will do some sort of GPP training. The article below will explain more.

    Check it out:
    http://www.elitefts.com/documents/gpp.htm
    I was going to post the exact article.
    We have been using it lately and i can see results. I have a Chevy Silverado and we push a mild uphill grade, therefore it gets taxing.

    It is a great idea for anybody, not just strength athletes.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Rhyno's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beijing
    Age
    28
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    414

    Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    I have a Chevy Silverado and we push a mild uphill grade, therefore it gets taxing.
    Sounds brutal! I'll have to give it a try.
  5. Registered User
    b unit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,647
    Rep Power
    1421

    it's a serious leg pump when doing on an upward slope
  6. Registered User
    Genetic79's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  235.9 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    199

    Actually I do this as part of my hit cardio, I live on a culdersac or however you spell it. I push my Trail Blazer as fast and as far I can in 20 seconds. Legs and shoulders get worked along with cardio benefits. Can't beat that.
  7. Registered User
    Bile's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Myer
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    78

    Another thing you can do instead of pushing a car is pulling a car. My old squad leader stole a harness or acquired a should say a harness from Airborne School. Basically you hook the harness onto the front of a car or truck and also hook a rope onto the back of a car or a truck. You then hook yourself into the harness and try and sprint about 50 meters with it. You may need a guy behind the car or truck to spot you and obviously someone steering the car.

    Well anyway you sprint 50 meters or if your sucking walk pull it 50 meters and then unhook your self and go to the rear of the vehicle. You then grab the rope and pull it back 50 meters for a cool down. I know this is gonna sound crazy but it is easier to pull it back than it is to pull it forward.

    Anyway my Squad does this as part of a circuit training. You can have your other dudes doing other excercises while the guy is pulling the car. Like we have a kettel bell excercise, dips, crunches, sand bag carries up a short flight of stairs, and jump roping. All these guys keep working till the guy pulling the car is done. Then you switch it around till everyone pulls the car 4 times. Usually takes about 1 hour, but it is awesome and smokes the shiit out of your joes.
  8. Registered User
    borobulker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,550
    Rep Power
    795736

    Quote Originally Posted by Bile View Post
    Another thing you can do instead of pushing a car is pulling a car. My old squad leader stole a harness or acquired a should say a harness from Airborne School. Basically you hook the harness onto the front of a car or truck and also hook a rope onto the back of a car or a truck. You then hook yourself into the harness and try and sprint about 50 meters with it. You may need a guy behind the car or truck to spot you and obviously someone steering the car.

    Well anyway you sprint 50 meters or if your sucking walk pull it 50 meters and then unhook your self and go to the rear of the vehicle. You then grab the rope and pull it back 50 meters for a cool down. I know this is gonna sound crazy but it is easier to pull it back than it is to pull it forward.

    Anyway my Squad does this as part of a circuit training. You can have your other dudes doing other excercises while the guy is pulling the car. Like we have a kettel bell excercise, dips, crunches, sand bag carries up a short flight of stairs, and jump roping. All these guys keep working till the guy pulling the car is done. Then you switch it around till everyone pulls the car 4 times. Usually takes about 1 hour, but it is awesome and smokes the shiit out of your joes.

    That sounds crazy... you should post some type of log or something... id read it..
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  9. Registered User
    Kraker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    284

    Oh those where the good old days at C co. No one here at B co likes to do a good cross fit or circuit workout.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Pushing Dormant Fibers to the Max(Epistane 4wk log)
    By Delta Force in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 11:39 PM
  2. Pushing the envelope.
    By Jim Mills in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
  3. Pushing Blood from your Abs into workout muscles
    By monsterbox in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 10:25 AM
  4. Pushing the limits.
    By MentalTwitch in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 09:15 AM
  5. 7 Weeks, am I pushing it?
    By Dark_Warrior in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in