Squatting 600x7 video

  1. Senior Member
    kabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    31512
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Squatting 600x7 video


    For those that don't drop into my log, last night i decided to do some higher rep stuff without gear...pretty happy with the results. Even though i cut the last one a little high i think i've got a little more in me.

    I bruised my patella tendon 1.5 weeks ago so any pressure is very painfull so its a pretty loose knee wrap.

    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

  2. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85510
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    31.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Well holy crap.................... what's your bodyweight man?
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  3. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    That was amazing!
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51547
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    You are a powerhouse!
  5. Senior Member
    kabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    31512
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane View Post
    Well holy crap.................... what's your bodyweight man?
    5'9" and 250lbs at the moment
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  6. Banned
    Travis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,966
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    53.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nice man! I always stop by and just watch the vids. They are actually quite motivational for me...
  7. Senior Member
    haiz69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,126
    Rep Power
    497536
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    41.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Incredible...
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT - Pursuing DPT Degree
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  8. Registered User
    Rivet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    968
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    43.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    What kind/brand of "cage" is that? I liked it...
  9. Advanced Member
    KingMeso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    606
    Rep Power
    434
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    20.45%

    Nice man.
  10. Senior Member
    kabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    31512
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet View Post
    What kind/brand of "cage" is that? I liked it...
    Kabuki brand

    it has a lot of other features that bolt in and out quickly. It takes about 30seconds to break down that monolift piece you see moving and fold it up into the upper 2" of the cage.

    No, I don't sell them or other gym equipment. Thought about it but way to many irons in the fire right now.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  11. Registered User
    Rivet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    968
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    43.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    Kabuki brand

    it has a lot of other features that bolt in and out quickly. It takes about 30seconds to break down that monolift piece you see moving and fold it up into the upper 2" of the cage.

    No, I don't sell them or other gym equipment. Thought about it but way to many irons in the fire right now.
    Damn! I want one!
  12. New Member
    2skinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    183
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    39.31%

    Insane! Keep up the good work.
  13. New Member
    beebab's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    463
    Rep Power
    322
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%

    awesome lift bro, i like following your vid logs. good entertainment and motivation
  14. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,340
    Rep Power
    5841033
    Level
    98
    Lv. Percent
    74.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Thats amazing. I feel sorry for your knees though. How do you keep blood pressure under control?.
  15. Senior Member
    kabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    31512
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Thats amazing. I feel sorry for your knees though. How do you keep blood pressure under control?.
    hmmm?

    blood pressure is consistently 110/55.

    never had knee pain before and my squat technique does not have my knees moving forward so there is no shear stess on the joint. My knees do not travel forward and nor in an and out during the lift staying perfectly in position and safe. Not to sound cocky but my squat technique is pretty damn good. But i guess it better be as i'm should be getting on the all time best squat list at my meet this coming saturday.

    i did just recently strain where my hammie ties into the back of my knee but that was with a failed squat attempt that had to be taken to the safety pins. to get out from under the bar i had to get out of position. a few days rest and hammy is feeling good.

    my apoligies if this is overly defensive, but i really don't understand your comment.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  16. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,340
    Rep Power
    5841033
    Level
    98
    Lv. Percent
    74.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    hmmm?

    blood pressure is consistently 110/55.

    never had knee pain before and my squat technique does not have my knees moving forward so there is no shear stess on the joint. My knees do not travel forward and nor in an and out during the lift staying perfectly in position and safe. Not to sound cocky but my squat technique is pretty damn good. But i guess it better be as i'm should be getting on the all time best squat list at my meet this coming saturday.

    i did just recently strain where my hammie ties into the back of my knee but that was with a failed squat attempt that had to be taken to the safety pins. to get out from under the bar i had to get out of position. a few days rest and hammy is feeling good.

    my apoligies if this is overly defensive, but i really don't understand your comment.

    I'm just wondering how someone of your size controls blood pressure, because I was just prescibed medication for high blood pressure. I am doing cardio for 1 hour 6 days a week, but still need to lose some fat a get it lower. I also have arthiritis(sp.) in my knees and was told to avoid squats from now on. Maybe you are a much younger guy than me, I don't know. Just trying to get some different viewpoints, especialy from a guy your size. I thought that even if it is muscle that you gain, when you gain weight your bp is going to go up anyway. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, just wanted someones opinion about high blood pressure and knee problems that is of your size.
  17. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78137
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Solid man, legitimate deep sqauts too.
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. Advanced Member
    Brian5225's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    502
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    83.63%

    Dude. You're a fkin machine.
  19. New Member
    donk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    231
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    0.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'm just wondering how someone of your size controls blood pressure, because I was just prescibed medication for high blood pressure. I am doing cardio for 1 hour 6 days a week, but still need to lose some fat a get it lower. I also have arthiritis(sp.) in my knees and was told to avoid squats from now on. Maybe you are a much younger guy than me, I don't know. Just trying to get some different viewpoints, especialy from a guy your size. I thought that even if it is muscle that you gain, when you gain weight your bp is going to go up anyway. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, just wanted someones opinion about high blood pressure and knee problems that is of your size.

    If you squat the way most powerlifters do there is much less pressure on the knees. You have to learn to sit back and keep your shins perpendicular to the floor as possible. Watch his video again and you will notice what i am talking about.

    Blood pressure has mainly to do with stress levels, eating habits and if your too fat. Reduce salt intake and increase potassium. Alcohol can also mess up your blood pressure.
  20. RisingAgainst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    53.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    weight? Fat is the cause, not muscle weight bro.

    K-, you're kickin ass bro, I am scared to go past 455 on squats, I don't wrap my knees and rarely wear a belt anymore, so I don't see it as being wise to go higher... Usually I just stick to reps around 405. I think I'm going to start following your log. lol
  21. Banned
    DerekAdams1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    60.47%

    Do u ever puke after squatting? That was an awesom set.

    D
  22. Senior Member
    kabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    31512
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by donk View Post
    If you squat the way most powerlifters do there is much less pressure on the knees. You have to learn to sit back and keep your shins perpendicular to the floor as possible. Watch his video again and you will notice what i am talking about.

    Blood pressure has mainly to do with stress levels, eating habits and if your too fat. Reduce salt intake and increase potassium. Alcohol can also mess up your blood pressure.
    Thanks for answering. Exactly.

    Also there are various studies that show short busts of intense activity actually provide superior cardiovascular health. I don't do any cardio and consitently maintain perfect BP.

    Although i am starting to pull the sled now for GPP.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  23. Senior Member
    kabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    31512
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekAdams1 View Post
    Do u ever puke after squatting? That was an awesom set.

    D
    a little dry heaving now and again, but no puking. i actually end up dry heaving more frequently Before my sets, as i get myself to worked up or nervous prior to completing lift.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  24. Registered User
    UNCfan1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1067
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    88.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    That was an awesome set Kabuki! Ur 600lbs for reps looks as easy my 225lb for reps
  25. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1637
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Simply awsome dude. Your probably world class as far as your strength levels go.
  26. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,340
    Rep Power
    5841033
    Level
    98
    Lv. Percent
    74.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    weight? Fat is the cause, not muscle weight bro.

    K-, you're kickin ass bro, I am scared to go past 455 on squats, I don't wrap my knees and rarely wear a belt anymore, so I don't see it as being wise to go higher... Usually I just stick to reps around 405. I think I'm going to start following your log. lol

    Fat weight or muscle weight, if you get heavier your blood pressure will go up regardless...
  27. Senior Member
    kabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    31512
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Fat weight or muscle weight, if you get heavier your blood pressure will go up regardless...
    excess fat decreases the body's ability to excrete soduim which is the primary method for dropping blood pressure back to normal.

    Lean muscle tissue improves the body's ability to exrete soduim and thus the body's ability to regulate blood pressure.

    That doesn't mean a large musclular person has good blood pressure as they may not perfom activities that improve cardiovascular health or have hormonal or hereditary reasons for blood pressure. However it does mean they would have much better blood pressure than if they had the same BW but with more fat than muscle. It is well documented.

    I have never seen a study showing that increasing muscle mass increases blood pressure. I have seen many of the opposite however.

    Prevent Disease.com - More muscle means better regulation of blood pressure, study finds
    More Muscle Means Better Regulation Of Blood Pressure, Study Finds
    Weightlifting: Bad for your blood pressure? - MayoClinic.com
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  28. Senior Member
    kabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    31512
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Simply awsome dude. Your probably world class as far as your strength levels go.
    thanks. my plans should place me on the all time top powerlifting totals list within the next year. I just have to get a few solid competitions under my belt and i'll have the numbers on the table that i am capable of.

    Thanks for all the positive support guys.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  29. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1637
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    It makes my measly 435 LB squat feel inadequate. Although I am 6'6, if that wins me any excuse points.
  30. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,340
    Rep Power
    5841033
    Level
    98
    Lv. Percent
    74.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    excess fat decreases the body's ability to excrete soduim which is the primary method for dropping blood pressure back to normal.

    Lean muscle tissue improves the body's ability to exrete soduim and thus the body's ability to regulate blood pressure.

    That doesn't mean a large musclular person has good blood pressure as they may not perfom activities that improve cardiovascular health or have hormonal or hereditary reasons for blood pressure. However it does mean they would have much better blood pressure than if they had the same BW but with more fat than muscle. It is well documented.

    I have never seen a study showing that increasing muscle mass increases blood pressure. I have seen many of the opposite however.

    Prevent Disease.com - More muscle means better regulation of blood pressure, study finds
    More Muscle Means Better Regulation Of Blood Pressure, Study Finds
    Weightlifting: Bad for your blood pressure? - MayoClinic.com


    I should print those out and bring them to my Doc. My high bp is genetic. I just wonder how I can get mine down to yours. The only time mine has been perfect like that is when I was in my early 20's. I'm just jealous of you, who wouldn't be. If I tried to lift that much they would be carrying me out of the gym on a stretcher!.
  31. Senior Member
    kabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    31512
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I should print those out and bring them to my Doc. My high bp is genetic. I just wonder how I can get mine down to yours. The only time mine has been perfect like that is when I was in my early 20's.
    I have a lot of respect for doctors...but you have to remember they are people as well. They have biases and other reasons for jumping to conclusions just like the rest of us. Just ask a doctor about creatine. many will be knowledgable but others will espouse the ignorant facts popularized by the media. That can be enlightening.

    It is best to find a doctor that is an athelete as well. You will find a big difference.

    I had a doctor tell me i was obese and needed to lose weight...then told me i shouldn't do powerlifting because i might become to strong for my joints and he watched a lifter rip both his arms off while trying to perform a lift about 15-20 years ago in the olympics. I didn't tell him that what he was remembering was an old SNL skit...i also didn't see him again.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  32. Senior Member
    kabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    31512
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    It makes my measly 435 LB squat feel inadequate. Although I am 6'6, if that wins me any excuse points.
    most people only dream of squatting that much. and hell of a good squat at your height!!!

    I was only a 450lb squatter untill 3 years ago when i focused on learning the proper technique.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  33. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78137
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    I have a lot of respect for doctors...but you have to remember they are people as well. They have biases and other reasons for jumping to conclusions just like the rest of us. Just ask a doctor about creatine. many will be knowledgable but others will espouse the ignorant facts popularized by the media. That can be enlightening.

    It is best to find a doctor that is an athelete as well. You will find a big difference.

    I had a doctor tell me i was obese and needed to lose weight...then told me i shouldn't do powerlifting because i might become to strong for my joints and he watched a lifter rip both his arms off while trying to perform a lift about 15-20 years ago in the olympics. I didn't tell him that what he was remembering was an old SNL skit...i also didn't see him again.
    Agreed, a lot of doctors have a misconception on exercise.
    NSCA - CSCS
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. squat form critique (videos)
    By rolandajoint in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 10:31 AM
  2. Form check squat (video)
    By p00ndawg in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 04:00 PM
  3. Squats on an exercise ball video
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
  4. My First Video - BB Squats: 405 - 5 Reps
    By Sporto in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 12:09 PM
  5. squat videos
    By kelsey in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in