Squatting 600x7 video

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
For those that don't drop into my log, last night i decided to do some higher rep stuff without gear...pretty happy with the results. Even though i cut the last one a little high i think i've got a little more in me.

I bruised my patella tendon 1.5 weeks ago so any pressure is very painfull so its a pretty loose knee wrap.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Well holy crap.................... what's your bodyweight man?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice man! I always stop by and just watch the vids. They are actually quite motivational for me... :thumbsup:

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Incredible...

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
What kind/brand of "cage" is that? I liked it...

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
What kind/brand of "cage" is that? I liked it...
Kabuki brand

it has a lot of other features that bolt in and out quickly. It takes about 30seconds to break down that monolift piece you see moving and fold it up into the upper 2" of the cage.

No, I don't sell them or other gym equipment. Thought about it but way to many irons in the fire right now.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Kabuki brand

it has a lot of other features that bolt in and out quickly. It takes about 30seconds to break down that monolift piece you see moving and fold it up into the upper 2" of the cage.

No, I don't sell them or other gym equipment. Thought about it but way to many irons in the fire right now.
Damn! I want one! :)

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
awesome lift bro, i like following your vid logs. good entertainment and motivation

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Thats amazing. I feel sorry for your knees though. How do you keep blood pressure under control?.
hmmm?

blood pressure is consistently 110/55.

never had knee pain before and my squat technique does not have my knees moving forward so there is no shear stess on the joint. My knees do not travel forward and nor in an and out during the lift staying perfectly in position and safe. Not to sound cocky but my squat technique is pretty damn good. But i guess it better be as i'm should be getting on the all time best squat list at my meet this coming saturday.

i did just recently strain where my hammie ties into the back of my knee but that was with a failed squat attempt that had to be taken to the safety pins. to get out from under the bar i had to get out of position. a few days rest and hammy is feeling good.

my apoligies if this is overly defensive, but i really don't understand your comment.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmmm?

blood pressure is consistently 110/55.

never had knee pain before and my squat technique does not have my knees moving forward so there is no shear stess on the joint. My knees do not travel forward and nor in an and out during the lift staying perfectly in position and safe. Not to sound cocky but my squat technique is pretty damn good. But i guess it better be as i'm should be getting on the all time best squat list at my meet this coming saturday.

i did just recently strain where my hammie ties into the back of my knee but that was with a failed squat attempt that had to be taken to the safety pins. to get out from under the bar i had to get out of position. a few days rest and hammy is feeling good.

my apoligies if this is overly defensive, but i really don't understand your comment.

I'm just wondering how someone of your size controls blood pressure, because I was just prescibed medication for high blood pressure. I am doing cardio for 1 hour 6 days a week, but still need to lose some fat a get it lower. I also have arthiritis(sp.) in my knees and was told to avoid squats from now on. Maybe you are a much younger guy than me, I don't know. Just trying to get some different viewpoints, especialy from a guy your size. I thought that even if it is muscle that you gain, when you gain weight your bp is going to go up anyway. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, just wanted someones opinion about high blood pressure and knee problems that is of your size.

donk

Awards
I'm just wondering how someone of your size controls blood pressure, because I was just prescibed medication for high blood pressure. I am doing cardio for 1 hour 6 days a week, but still need to lose some fat a get it lower. I also have arthiritis(sp.) in my knees and was told to avoid squats from now on. Maybe you are a much younger guy than me, I don't know. Just trying to get some different viewpoints, especialy from a guy your size. I thought that even if it is muscle that you gain, when you gain weight your bp is going to go up anyway. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, just wanted someones opinion about high blood pressure and knee problems that is of your size.

If you squat the way most powerlifters do there is much less pressure on the knees. You have to learn to sit back and keep your shins perpendicular to the floor as possible. Watch his video again and you will notice what i am talking about.

Blood pressure has mainly to do with stress levels, eating habits and if your too fat. Reduce salt intake and increase potassium. Alcohol can also mess up your blood pressure.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
weight? Fat is the cause, not muscle weight bro. :D

K-, you're kickin ass bro, I am scared to go past 455 on squats, I don't wrap my knees and rarely wear a belt anymore, so I don't see it as being wise to go higher... Usually I just stick to reps around 405. I think I'm going to start following your log. lol

DerekAdams1

Banned
Awards
Do u ever puke after squatting? That was an awesom set.

D

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
If you squat the way most powerlifters do there is much less pressure on the knees. You have to learn to sit back and keep your shins perpendicular to the floor as possible. Watch his video again and you will notice what i am talking about.

Blood pressure has mainly to do with stress levels, eating habits and if your too fat. Reduce salt intake and increase potassium. Alcohol can also mess up your blood pressure.
Thanks for answering. Exactly.

Also there are various studies that show short busts of intense activity actually provide superior cardiovascular health. I don't do any cardio and consitently maintain perfect BP.

Although i am starting to pull the sled now for GPP.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Do u ever puke after squatting? That was an awesom set.

D
a little dry heaving now and again, but no puking. i actually end up dry heaving more frequently Before my sets, as i get myself to worked up or nervous prior to completing lift.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
That was an awesome set Kabuki! Ur 600lbs for reps looks as easy my 225lb for reps:rofl:

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Simply awsome dude. Your probably world class as far as your strength levels go.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
weight? Fat is the cause, not muscle weight bro. :D

K-, you're kickin ass bro, I am scared to go past 455 on squats, I don't wrap my knees and rarely wear a belt anymore, so I don't see it as being wise to go higher... Usually I just stick to reps around 405. I think I'm going to start following your log. lol

Fat weight or muscle weight, if you get heavier your blood pressure will go up regardless...

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Fat weight or muscle weight, if you get heavier your blood pressure will go up regardless...
excess fat decreases the body's ability to excrete soduim which is the primary method for dropping blood pressure back to normal.

Lean muscle tissue improves the body's ability to exrete soduim and thus the body's ability to regulate blood pressure.

That doesn't mean a large musclular person has good blood pressure as they may not perfom activities that improve cardiovascular health or have hormonal or hereditary reasons for blood pressure. However it does mean they would have much better blood pressure than if they had the same BW but with more fat than muscle. It is well documented.

I have never seen a study showing that increasing muscle mass increases blood pressure. I have seen many of the opposite however.

Prevent Disease.com - More muscle means better regulation of blood pressure, study finds
More Muscle Means Better Regulation Of Blood Pressure, Study Finds
Weightlifting: Bad for your blood pressure? - MayoClinic.com

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Simply awsome dude. Your probably world class as far as your strength levels go.
thanks. my plans should place me on the all time top powerlifting totals list within the next year. I just have to get a few solid competitions under my belt and i'll have the numbers on the table that i am capable of.

Thanks for all the positive support guys.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
It makes my measly 435 LB squat feel inadequate. Although I am 6'6, if that wins me any excuse points.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
excess fat decreases the body's ability to excrete soduim which is the primary method for dropping blood pressure back to normal.

Lean muscle tissue improves the body's ability to exrete soduim and thus the body's ability to regulate blood pressure.

That doesn't mean a large musclular person has good blood pressure as they may not perfom activities that improve cardiovascular health or have hormonal or hereditary reasons for blood pressure. However it does mean they would have much better blood pressure than if they had the same BW but with more fat than muscle. It is well documented.

I have never seen a study showing that increasing muscle mass increases blood pressure. I have seen many of the opposite however.

Prevent Disease.com - More muscle means better regulation of blood pressure, study finds
More Muscle Means Better Regulation Of Blood Pressure, Study Finds
Weightlifting: Bad for your blood pressure? - MayoClinic.com

I should print those out and bring them to my Doc. My high bp is genetic. I just wonder how I can get mine down to yours. The only time mine has been perfect like that is when I was in my early 20's. I'm just jealous of you, who wouldn't be. If I tried to lift that much they would be carrying me out of the gym on a stretcher!.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
I should print those out and bring them to my Doc. My high bp is genetic. I just wonder how I can get mine down to yours. The only time mine has been perfect like that is when I was in my early 20's.
I have a lot of respect for doctors...but you have to remember they are people as well. They have biases and other reasons for jumping to conclusions just like the rest of us. Just ask a doctor about creatine. many will be knowledgable but others will espouse the ignorant facts popularized by the media. That can be enlightening.

It is best to find a doctor that is an athelete as well. You will find a big difference.

I had a doctor tell me i was obese and needed to lose weight...then told me i shouldn't do powerlifting because i might become to strong for my joints and he watched a lifter rip both his arms off while trying to perform a lift about 15-20 years ago in the olympics. I didn't tell him that what he was remembering was an old SNL skit...i also didn't see him again.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
It makes my measly 435 LB squat feel inadequate. Although I am 6'6, if that wins me any excuse points.
most people only dream of squatting that much. and hell of a good squat at your height!!!

I was only a 450lb squatter untill 3 years ago when i focused on learning the proper technique.:blink:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a lot of respect for doctors...but you have to remember they are people as well. They have biases and other reasons for jumping to conclusions just like the rest of us. Just ask a doctor about creatine. many will be knowledgable but others will espouse the ignorant facts popularized by the media. That can be enlightening.

It is best to find a doctor that is an athelete as well. You will find a big difference.

I had a doctor tell me i was obese and needed to lose weight...then told me i shouldn't do powerlifting because i might become to strong for my joints and he watched a lifter rip both his arms off while trying to perform a lift about 15-20 years ago in the olympics. I didn't tell him that what he was remembering was an old SNL skit...i also didn't see him again.
Agreed, a lot of doctors have a misconception on exercise.