tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any critiques? I'm using Dr zourdos "modified" DUP design (hypertrophy, power and strength) instead of HSP.

Sets x reps

Monday
Squat 4x8 @70%
Bench 7x2 @80%
Deadlift 5x5 @70%

Wednesday
Bench 4x8 @70%
Deadlift 7x2 @80%
Squat 5x5 @70%

Friday
Deadlift 4x8 @70%
Squat 7x2 @80%
bench 5x5 @70%

Saturday's will be GPP work
Sets of 4-6
Reps 6-12
RPE no higher than 8.5

Progression will be weight added every session (5lbs or so)

"Deload" every four weeks if needed.

Suggestions and help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
my professor did a lot of studies based off of zourdos regarding DUP. I would change your progression from linear to self-regulation IMO. in programs like this you can have a bad day and not do that well, and you failed on paper but not really (if that makes sense).

I would use a plus set/AMRAP at the end and adjust weight accordingly (1-3extra reps = 5lbs, 4-6 = 10lbs, 6+ = 15lbs). It might help prevent a burnout too early / later in the game

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was going to incorporate auto-regulation (since I came off RTS and found it EXTREMELY beneficial) but, on the same token, I could have days were 70% was too much and 70% was too little.

Example of the plus sets/AMRAP? Are you saying add the AMRAP at the end of the four weeks?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sean1332 herderdude liftandswim

Insight?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I was going to incorporate auto-regulation (since I came off RTS and found it EXTREMELY beneficial) but, on the same token, I could have days were 70% was too much and 70% was too little.

Example of the plus sets/AMRAP? Are you saying add the AMRAP at the end of the four weeks?
I would add the AMRAP to the last set of the big 3 and adjust accordingly (so daily?). There are benefits to this, which are obvious, but also negatives:
too much volume could fry you later on and not recover on time
Strength days won't increase as much (as doing 2RM you shouldn't be expecting more than 3 or 4max)
Endurance might be a limiting factor

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Old thread but RTS is by far the best system for maximal strength gains IMO. Did you create your own RPE chart when you were on RTS, or did you use his general chart to estimate where you should be for the next workout? Just restarting lifting again after surgery so any info I can get will be helpful