Modified PSMF Refeed

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I am currently on a modified PSMF diet where i am using 6 grams of super strength omega 3 fish oils and a complete greens powder to sub as a vitamin and mineral supplement, plus i am also eating around 2 full heads of broccoli per day around 600-700 grams worth.

Chicken breasts and a 5 blend protein of whey concentrate, milk protein concentrate, soya protein, whey isolate and hydrolysed whey as my main protein sources and then whatever comes from the broccoli.

I also follow IF /16/8 which makes it much easier to fit in the low food volume and run on 1000-1150 calories per day tolerable.

Appetite has been well controlled with PES Alphamine EU 3rd version fat burner, and Assass1nate, energy has been good and Mesomorph helps big time for my leg days, i have run 2 weeks straight at these calories and am currently on day 15 of what is really a Cat 1 PSMF, i know a re feed is recommended after 12 days but will be stretching it out to 20 days before refeeding.

I wanted some advice on the re-feed, i have chosen mainly carbs from white potatoes, beans, whole wheat bread and porridge oats as well 1 banana to add to porridge to make it easier to consume.

For re-feed i have come up with following Macros, 2020Kcal, 67.6g Protein, 372g Carbs, 19.85g Fat, i know to keep fat under 50g so have done so i could have gone lower fat if i used pasta instead of oat meal.

My maintenance caloric level normally is around 2700-3000 calories so is this to low or can i get by at still around a 700-1000 deficit for the carb refeed to still enable fat loss, i am just using this to load up on glycogen and fuel the day afters leg session and restore leptin to help fat loss continue.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
tomorrow will be the 1st re-feed with macros previously listed:

2020Kcal,

67.6g Protein

372g Carbs

19.85g Fat,

i will weigh in AM prior to eating at same time always around 8-9 am on a Sunday shortly after waking, then again the same time on the Monday to see how much weight increases due to eating the carbs after being low for the past 9 weeks. i have done 6 weeks keto and now 3 straight psmf with no re-feeds.

Depending on how it goes i will schedule the next one in another 13-20 days depending on fat loss and if i feel i need to, then i may move up to maintenance or a slight surplus for the next refeed by consuming an extra couple of hundred grams of carbs.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Weighed in yesterday prior to re-feed at 12 stone 13 and 3/4, or 181.75lbs macros where as listed above,

Weight loss has been 2.5 lbs for this week and 3.25 lbs the previous week.

Macros were around 2020-2300 calories, due to adding tomato sauce to potato in am meal and strawberry jam to last oat / porridge based meal.

M1 was 750g baked white potato with encona hot sauce and small amount of ketchup / tomato sauce.

M2 was 2 slices of whole wheat bread with one tin of heinz baked beans in tomato sauce.

M3 was 200g of porridge oats cooked in 450-500ml of water, with one medium sized banana and 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam with a topping of cinnamon.

Macros where similar to above in previous post around 2000-2300 calories, 67-75 grams protein, 372-400 grams of carbs and around 20-25 grams of fat.

also 30-45 mins prior to M1 and M3, i used 2 (two) caps of OL Assass1nate.

and 30-45 mins prior to M1, M2, and M3 i used one cap of Follidrone 2, and two caps of EBF Recompadrol.

also consumed around 8 litres of water.

I weighed in this morning at 13 stone, 5, 3/4, or 187.75 lbs, so a 6 lb gain from the re-feed. also was hungry only 1-2 hours after M1 and M2.

Overall i appeared fuller with no signs of bloating or water retention, so i would class it as a successful refeed.

I am now back to my PSMF of around 1000-1100 calories per day which is around 180-200 grams of protein, 33-35 grams of net carbs from greens powder and 600 grams of broccoli per day and 15.4 grams of fat, 6 grams of which is from mega omega 3 fish oils providing 1980mg EPA and 1320mg DHA.

I will run this for probably another 3 weeks straight or 20 days before next re-feed.

Just wondering if 3 week gap is OK and if i should increase the calories on my next re-feed by consuming more carbs, i want to get the most out of the boost in thyroid and leptin to keep weight / fat loss progressing.

my maintenance usually works out at around 2750-3000 Kcals per day but would have probably been lowered by the past 9 weeks i have been dieting.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okay so everything looks great I also follow intermittent fasting with periodic psmf weeks or days. But other than that I'm ketogenic all year round so that's my next question do you follow keto all year round or no? If so the three weeks PSMF is fine but I would throw in 2 standard keto days if you're going to skip the refeed ...I've been doing that and helping many people do the same thing and they are having great success buy just incorporating standard ketogenic days and as far as their free meal they're just making it high cal standard ketogenic ratio meal and not carbs.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
If you didn't bloat then push the carbs a little higher for the next refeed, get cals and carbs as high as you can without spilling over, like Lyle talks about in his book there are guys that can refeed with close to 1000 grams of carbs with no ill effects

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Okay so everything looks great I also follow intermittent fasting with periodic psmf weeks or days. But other than that I'm ketogenic all year round so that's my next question do you follow keto all year round or no? If so the three weeks PSMF is fine but I would throw in 2 standard keto days if you're going to skip the refeed ...I've been doing that and helping many people do the same thing and they are having great success buy just incorporating standard ketogenic days and as far as their free meal they're just making it high cal standard ketogenic ratio meal and not carbs.
Normally Keto year round.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
If you didn't bloat then push the carbs a little higher for the next refeed, get cals and carbs as high as you can without spilling over, like Lyle talks about in his book there are guys that can refeed with close to 1000 grams of carbs with no ill effects
Thanks for feedback,

I felt good at around 380-400 grams of carbs but may push it up to 500-600 for the next re-feed and see how things go and then maybe add an extra 50-100 g for future re-feed days until i find the highest point without spilling over, at 380-400 i looked better the next day and 2 days after seem to be leaner again.

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd!!! I've ran PSMF a couple of times with small success each time! Well actually my first attempt was 18lbs in 4-5weeks :)

Actually thinking about jumping back on it next week, but making progress with my 5x5 routine at the min, so not sure I could continue to progress whilst dropping cals so low.

Whats your training set up like whilst using IF/PSMF?

Keep up the log :)