HELP! KEMFA powerlift

Cmill37

Awards
I need some knowledge. there is a upcoming powerlifting competition on april 26th, The KEMFA (Kansas eight-man football association) powerlifting event. I need help finding a good training program I'm 17 5'10 175 with a 230 bench 365 squat and 235 clean (but with a hitch). I like to reach a strong 240 bench close to a 400 squat and a true 225-235 clean.

Also do you have any knowledge for this is a first time for me especially about nutrition and cutting before a lift for id like to set up in a 173 class or preferably 165 class

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brandon Lilly's Cube Method (365Strong), or Jim Wendler's 5/3/1.

Nutrition: Food=Strength 1-1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight, 0.5-1g of fat per lb of BW, the rest fill up with carbs. Calculate your TDEE online and eat more than what it says. Seat whole foods and lots of it.

Don't cut weight for your first meet. It's a difficult task. All you should focus on are PRs. Nothing else.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you hitch a clean, bud? I can't picture that. Everything Sean said is the truth.

Cmill37

Awards
I don't know if hitch is the right term but I pretty much cradled it in my hips before I lifted it