warm up for competition

BradZahringer

BradZahringer

Awards
So my first strongman even is tomorrow and getting nervous not knowing how it all goes down. How do they allow you to warm up and any othet advice would be awesome.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't say for sure as I haven't done one. NomZ and jimbuick have, though. I'd say just warm up like you normally would and if you have any questions, ask your fellow competitors and when in doubt, follow the crowd. Good luck!

BradZahringer

BradZahringer

Awards
Thanks and i will not be afraid to ask questions.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At the small meet I did, I warmed up just doing a general, non-specific warmup and then I believe I did some deadlifts for reps and light OHP.

I did not warm up any specific events and neither did anyone I see. My experience is pretty limited though.

BradZahringer

BradZahringer

Awards
At the small meet I did, I warmed up just doing a general, non-specific warmup and then I believe I did some deadlifts for reps and light OHP.

I did not warm up any specific events and neither did anyone I see. My experience is pretty limited though.
Ok. I wasnt sure if they have some weights you can warm up with or not. I know its probably different everywhere. Thanks

ironpsych

Awards
If its a reasonably well run meet they should give you a little time with the implement to warm up, as well as have an area with weights or space to do a general warmup. Its a good idea o invest in some bands of low, medium, and high tension that you can use in the event the warmup area is too busy or there is no warmup area.

BradZahringer

BradZahringer

Awards
If its a reasonably well run meet they should give you a little time with the implement to warm up, as well as have an area with weights or space to do a general warmup. Its a good idea o invest in some bands of low, medium, and high tension that you can use in the event the warmup area is too busy or there is no warmup area.
I did weigh ins last night and had a chance to see my warm up area and lift site. Eased my mind a little being my first one. And i did bring a couoke bandnin case.

BradZahringer

BradZahringer

Awards
I did weigh ins last night and had a chance to see my warm up area and lift site. Eased my mind a little being my first one. And i did bring a couoke bandnin case.
Couple bands in case