What do you think about this?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Question What do you think about this?

Hi guys and girls... Im new on this forum and I have an idea but need suggestions from expirianced lifters
    Im 16yrs old and im 7-8months in gym. At the moment im bulking but not so serious cuz my nutrition its not soo great. I will continue with this and soon i will start cutting. I know great program and great nutrition for cutting and I belive i will make great transformation for this summer. I think after cutting to start 2months powerlifting program but idk about nutrition when u are on powerlifting workout.
    I want to try 5x5 program. But there is one problem in all this, im scared from big weights cuz im scared from injuries.

I need from expirianced lifters to tell me, that type of programs is for me or not?
    Any warm-ups for joint when you doing Deadlift,Squat,Benchpress? Im really scared from injuries
    Nutrition?
    And all i need to know about that, u can give me link with basic things to know about PowerLifting. I dont to be a PowerLifter but i want to try that and i want to gain strenght cuz im not so strong haha Thanks guys

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

5x5 is good for beginners IMO because it's hard to hurt yourself with a weight you can lift 25 times.

watch "so you think you can squat" and "so you think you can bench press", and as many vids on deadlifting as you can find, and go for it.

P.S. don't worry about bulking or cutting, just focus on getting stronger. Also, see if you can find someone to lift with.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by compudog View Post
    5x5 is good for beginners IMO because it's hard to hurt yourself with a weight you can lift 25 times.
    Definitely agree with this, just make sure you start with light weight and warm up to your working sets. Always use normal precautions like having a spotter to bench heavy and setting safeties to squat, do that and make sure form stays good throughout your set and the likelihood for injuries will be very low.

IMO stretching is only really necessary for lower body. When working legs I find it best to warm up for 5 minutes at a decent pace on an elliptical, then do some simple stretches to hit quads, hamstrings, and hip flexors. If I'm working anything other than legs usually I just do two or three lighter warm up sets building up to my working weight.
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Nutrition for PLing is simple: eat a lot at every meal.

However, the core of PLing is technique and this is something that takes years to perfect. There are a myriad of templates, but, if your technique sucks, then it doesn't matter which one you choose as your progress will be limited.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Agreeing with others. You need to build a foundation with some medium intensity multi set/rep work over more time IMO. 5x5's can be okay but even 3 sets of 8-10 in the compound exercises, might make a greatest difference for awhile. Learning the lifts on the way with higher reps and sets. You will also build muscle while you are still growing and your joints, ligaments, tendons etc. will adapt over time.
    PL routines are not something you jump into after a few months or so of lifting.
    I know there are teenage phenoms doing some of this. But I will bet big money, they have some good coaching and are above average in physical preparedness.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Can anyone explain to me what is that IMO?? And look I want to try this about 5-6 months in future not now. I will see those series again, i have seen the episode of squatting cuz before i had problems with lower back, i do something wrong in squatting and after that video i learned and now no problems. And again that program I want to try 2-3months, cuz i want to try PL training. However I want to build great body (bodybuilding) not to be PLifter, just want to try and gain some strenght cuz i have low strenght. Thanks for all answers
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Iron View Post
    Can anyone explain to me what is that IMO?? And look I want to try this about 5-6 months in future not now. I will see those series again, i have seen the episode of squatting cuz before i had problems with lower back, i do something wrong in squatting and after that video i learned and now no problems. And again that program I want to try 2-3months, cuz i want to try PL training. However I want to build great body (bodybuilding) not to be PLifter, just want to try and gain some strenght cuz i have low strenght. Thanks for all answers
    IMO = In My Opinion
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

dont worry about a power lifter body. a lot of body builders start out power lifting because it builds their strength base
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    dont worry about a power lifter body. a lot of body builders start out power lifting because it builds their strength base
    Yeah, but i want to tell to everybody who dont know. Maybe someone will think that i want to be a powerlifter, I'm natural bodybuilder, and I lift only for myself cuz that was my dream to lift weights and make body of my dreams.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

However I want to build great body (bodybuilding) not to be PLifter, just want to try and gain some strenght cuz i have low strenght. Thanks for all answers
    Hey, you're welcome bro.
    You can gain a lot of strength, mass and build a nice physique and not necessarily do specific PL routines.
    I really have no idea what exactly your goals are, or what you are asking specifically!? You can squat and not be doing a PL routine to do it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. what do you think about this stack
    By csunkramer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 03:17 PM
  2. What do you think about this cycle?
    By Deggial in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 12:55 PM
  3. What do you think about this?
    By andros in forum Cycle Info