Starting strength

cw2cearley

Awards
Ok so i posted here before but apperently something happened to my profile. I started the strong lifts 5x5 program about 8 weeks ago. and I have seen steady gains on everythig started with this. This routine came strait from the stronglifts Mehdi

WEEK ONE
bench 120 5x5
squat 125 5x5
deadlift 130 1x5
over head press 45 5x5
bent row 45 5x5

WEEK EIGHT

BENCH 190 5X5 ( I AM STALLED)
SQUAT 320 5X5
DEADLIFT 325 5X5
OVER HEAD PRESS 110 5X5( STALLED HERE TOO)
BENT ROW 150 5X5

HERE IS HOW THE ROUTINE IS SPLIT UP EVERY OTHER DAY 3 DAYS A WEEK JUST KEEP ROTATING THE WORK OUTS

Every other day split routine.

Here is my issue first my bench keeps freezing. I move steady for a bit and the I have to Deload and go back up. I am stuck at 190

Dead lift and squats are moving about 15 lbs a week. I am doing over 300 lbs on each 325 on squat and 350 on deadlift

My huge issue is I am a soldier and the body fat test is an issue. I was wondering if there was a way to drop body fat doing the same exercises I am doing or do I need to change things up

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
So your doing SL not SS you mean. But besides that, theres been 2 threads lately on bench help, There could be a lot of factors! Having good form is number 1 to check for. I dont care how good you think your form is, but i bet its wrong or could be better. Once this is corrected we can then move onto other things like weakness in the bi's/upperback/lats ect, the list goes on, Anyway check these 2 threads out!

How to bench/dead/squat - The age old weak bench press discussion

thehulk2203

thehulk2203

Awards
what helped me get over that stand still was adding close grip and doing chest twice a week Monday and Thursday
Monday being reps of fives and Thursday being reps of threes also negative if you have a good spotter i have gained about 70lbs on my bench from august til now so i believe it works