Swift Powerlifting Workout log Feedback Plz!!

Swift

Awards
Monday Me Bench 0ct 10
Using Short monster mini bands from elite ft.29inoff chest 75lbs band tension on chest...44in at lockout 102lb band tension at lockout.
2 board bench 210x3
225x3
240x3
250x3
265x1
225x5 counting 1001 at lockout

4board bench 265x 2x5
spoon presses using 80 db dumbells 3x10
close grip bench 185x5 off 1 board.. x5 off 2 board..x5 off 3 board..failed after 5 on two board did that for 3 sets.made sure elbows were in not flaring.
lol cable crossovers 3x15

Tuesday Oct 11 Me Squats
Box Squats 325x3
345x3
365x3
385x1
405x1
leg press 748lbs for 3x8
leg extensions 3x12
db hammer curls 3x10
db curls 3x10

Wed Oct 12
Db Military Press 70lb db 3x10
Smith Machine behind head Military press 145lb 3x10
Pull ups assisted with 50lbs 3x10 i know im a p***Y!
face pulls 3x10
lat pulldown 3x10 175lb
100 lb db rows 3x10

Swift

Awards
Thrusday Oct 13
Speed bench with Mini bands 8x3 150lb (205 off chest 225 at lockout)
Dead Bench 185X3 205X3 225X3 235x3 255X3 275X3 295X1
Spoon press 2x15 60 db 1x10 with 80lb db
Machine Bench 3x10

Swift

Awards
Friday Oct 14
DE Box Squats 8x3 205lb
ME Deadlifts 335x3
355x3
385x3
400x1
420x
Dimel Deadlifts 3x10 225lb
Leg Press 3x12 568 lb

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You ME on both squats and deads in the same week?

Swift

Awards
This is why I wanted to do this. I figured since my pulls were at such a low lvl at this pointit wouldn't hurt.Only pulling once a month doesn seem like its enough?explain that plz

Swift

Awards
And another thing does anybody have any suggestions on assistance work for my squat and deadlift day because right now I dont have excess to reverse hyper or flute ham, but I dont want that to hinder my strength gains hopefully when I finish college I can buy one

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And another thing does anybody have any suggestions on assistance work for my squat and deadlift day because right now I dont have excess to reverse hyper or flute ham, but I dont want that to hinder my strength gains hopefully when I finish college I can buy one
Good mornings, low box squats, hypers, deficit deads, etc.

Here's a way to rig a GHR with a BOSU:

Also, there it is excessive to go for a full 1RM on both of them in the same week. You'll burn out your CNS very quickly that way.

Swift

Awards
So your saying if I me on squats dont me on deadlifts or if i me on goodmornings dont me on squat or deadlifts?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're following a conjugate periodization aka Westside template, then you should only have 1 movement that you ME on upper and lower per week. Also, this ME movement should change every 1-3 weeks depending on your level of mastery on the lift.

Swift

Awards
Learn something new everyday.I always thought you did Me and De on all 3 lifts weekly just different variation of them.Another question you when they use goodmornings 70 % of your lower body workouts is that meaning for Me or for Me and assistance.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Learn something new everyday.I always thought you did Me and De on all 3 lifts weekly just different variation of them.Another question you when they use goodmornings 70 % of your lower body workouts is that meaning for Me or for Me and assistance.
ME. I see you read the Dave Tate piece over at T-Nation.

Just for informative purposes, my ME rotation is:
Upper-Floor Press, 2-Board Press, Bench Press
Lower-Low Box Squats, Squats, GM, Deads

Swift

Awards
Well
with this info you told it will definitely make my workouts easier lol it was hard me. on deadlift every week.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the ability to identify and target your weak link in the movement is the best thing you can do to improve your squat, deadlift or any other movement for that matter. The saying, "your only as strong as your weakest link" is said for a reason.

That said, there are tons you can do WRT assistance work. For example for the deadlift: standing on something to raise you up while deadlifting will extend your range of motion and can lead to strength gains. As well as: back-extensions, rack pulls, GHR, good mornings, developing your grip strength (often overlooked IMO and farmer walks are an easy fun way to work them), front squats, KB swings (again you can extend your ROM by standing on something when you do swings), single leg deadlifts with DBs, eccentric deadlift, Romanian deadlift, suitcase style deadlifts, squats ,etc.. there are lots of choices here, Hell even lat work can help your deadlift. Assistance work to help improve your squat could be: Full squat, box squat, hip thrust, glute bridge, unilateral leg work, bottom 3-sec pause squat, rack squats, good mornings, speed squats with chains or bands, GHR, reverse hypers, using a stance that you don’t normally use (if you squat narrow, then squat wide or if wide then squat narrow), goblet squats, ab-wheel rollout and other abdominal movements that teaches you to brace your core, etc.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do as much pulling as you do pushing for your upper body. Upper back strength is very important for a strong bench. Make hamstring work a priority for squat/deadlift. You should only have 4 workouts a week on WSC. ME Bench, ME Squat/Dead, DE Bench, DE Squat/Dead. The muscles that train the squat also train the deadlift. So if your squat goes up, and the assistence that goes with it, your deadlift will too. I suggest you do some more reading.

Swift

Awards
Do as much pulling as you do pushing for your upper body. Upper back strength is very important for a strong bench. Make hamstring work a priority for squat/deadlift. You should only have 4 workouts a week on WSC. ME Bench, ME Squat/Dead, DE Bench, DE Squat/Dead. The muscles that train the squat also train the deadlift. So if your squat goes up, and the assistence that goes with it, your deadlift will too. I suggest you do some more reading.
I read 5-6 hours a week its just so much to take in .

Swift

Awards
Im pretty satisfied with my bench routines 65lb increase in 2 months pretty good,but when it it comes to lower body I needwork.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im pretty satisfied with my bench routines 65lb increase in 2 months pretty good,but when it it comes to lower body I needwork.
That's because you're tearing down your CNS with too much work.

Swift

Awards
That's because you're tearing down your CNS with too much work.
Ya im going to take your advice and do only one Me lower body workout a week.Im still at a loss on how doing Good mornings for 70% of your me workouts will increase my squat and deadlift.That saying out if 10 workouts I will do 7 goodmornings workouts 2 squats workouts and 1deadlift deadlift workout want my squat go down doing that?And how does that work when the guy above said I need to pull asmuch as I push .

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I read 5-6 hours a week its just so much to take in .
You must be reading the wrong stuff then. Because you are nowhere near a WSC template besides ME/DE work.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ya im going to take your advice and do only one Me lower body workout a week.Im still at a loss on how doing Good mornings for 70% of your me workouts will increase my squat and deadlift.That saying out if 10 workouts I will do 7 goodmornings workouts 2 squats workouts and 1deadlift deadlift workout want my squat go down doing that?And how does that work when the guy above said I need to pull asmuch as I push .
Most of the westside rotations are for geared lifters. If you train raw some things need to change. Also that advice is for an elite level lifter in gear. A geared squat requires more hamstrings/post chain then quads. Same with deadlifts. Since your not a master of the lifts I would just rotate Box Squats, Squats, Goodmornings, Deadlifts. That way you get more time to master the key lifts. Id spend more then 1-3 weeks on squats and deads too.

Swift

Awards
Most of the westside rotations are for geared lifters. If you train raw some things need to change. Also that advice is for an elite level lifter in gear. A geared squat requires more hamstrings/post chain then quads. Same with deadlifts. Since your not a master of the lifts I would just rotate Box Squats, Squats, Goodmornings, Deadlifts. That way you get more time to master the key lifts. Id spend more then 1-3 weeks on squats and deads too.
What's your maxes lou?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to learn more about the GM then, specifically the Suspended GM.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's your maxes lou?
405/310/455
Also i said you should pull as much as you push in terms of upper body work. Like upper back work and pressing work. Not for squat/deads.

Swift

Awards
Monday Oct 17 Me Bench
Bench 270x3
290X3
300X1
315X1
325X1
335 Missed
Db Floor Press 3x10
Dead Bench 5x5
BB Bentover rows 3x10
When I got 325 it was slow until about 2in and then flew up and when I missed 335Db I stalled right off chest.I think my me for next week will dead bench.,any suggestions for strengthen the bottom of bench.I think the bottom of bench bench and shoulder strength need to be my focus right now

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You take way too small of jumps in weight. You don't need to take 10 lb jumps on every set and are probably limiting yourself by doing so.

Swift

Awards
The reason there so small is because I based my work out off a 340 bench but when I did my first set with 270 I knew I started to heavy .I base my lifts off my old max for whatever lift im doing for me and start at 80%,85%,90%,95% and 100%,but I got weaker from last max I think 3 weeks of bands and really bad tennis Elbow is the reason I got weaker

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The reason there so small is because I based my work out off a 340 bench but when I did my first set with 270 I knew I started to heavy .I base my lifts off my old max for whatever lift im doing for me and start at 80%,85%,90%,95% and 100%,but I got weaker from last max I think 3 weeks of bands and really bad tennis Elbow is the reason I got weaker
Why are you doing 100%?

Look into the 5/3/1 progression setup for your ME days

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your 1RM is going to vary every week. It's not about what your PR is; it's about your 1-3RM you can do on that day.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Monday Oct 17 Me Bench
Bench 270x3
290X3
300X1
315X1
325X1
335 Missed
Db Floor Press 3x10
Dead Bench 5x5
BB Bentover rows 3x10
When I got 325 it was slow until about 2in and then flew up and when I missed 335Db I stalled right off chest.I think my me for next week will dead bench.,any suggestions for strengthen the bottom of bench.I think the bottom of bench bench and shoulder strength need to be my focus right now
dead bp or cg incline i think were suggested by louie

Your 1RM is going to vary every week. It's not about what your PR is; it's about your 1-3RM you can do on that day.
i agree. when youre warming up, you'll know if youll be hitting a 1rm or a 3rm. cant 1rm every time

No its about the strain
yeah but if you strain for a split second and fail, the weight is to heavy and the strain is pointless. im pretty sure the strain is talk about grinding out the last portion of the rep

Swift

Awards
I think strain is that rep where its a battle to make that rep

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think strain is that rep where its a battle to make that rep
If you're breaking technique, then it's doing more harm than good. Always give it your all, but if you're just muscling it up, then you're going to get injured.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Listen to rodja and geekpoop man. They know what they are talking about. Regardless of maxes, they have knowledge you just dont have it seems.

Swift

Awards
If you're breaking technique, then it's doing more harm than good. Always give it your all, but if you're just muscling it up, then you're going to get injured.
lol how would you know im breaks technique I get in my arch grip the bar squeeze shoulder blades together spread the barchance fill my stomach with air and stay tight the whole time.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol how would you know im breaks technique I get in my arch grip the bar squeeze shoulder blades together spread the barchance fill my stomach with air and stay tight the whole time.
I love it when people ask for help and then argue with the advice they're given...

I didn't say you were breaking technique (that's why I said if), but I can confidently say that you do not have a form grasp on this style of training.

Swift

Awards
Lol not arguing just saying i dont think form the prob I've had experienced powerlifter look at my form.I've already learned from you to do only 1one me a week for lowerbody

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol not arguing just saying i dont think form the prob I've had experienced powerlifter look at my form.I've already learned from you to do only 1one me a week for lowerbody
Technique always breaks down when you get close to a 1RM. If it's a true 1RM, it's never technically perfect, but the goal is to minimize the breaks (e.g. rounding of the lower back on squat).

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im with rodja here, and at a 300 something bench your form is NOT perfect. There is always form work to be done. ALWAYS.

Swift

Awards
Ya I get what your saying ... last month instead of speed I hung my weights on the bar to work stability

Swift

Awards
Tuesday Oct 18 Me Lower Body
Good Mornings 260x3
275x3
290x3
310x3
325x3
Dimel Deadlifts 3x10
Stiff Leg Deadlifts 3x10
Incline Situps 3x25

Swift

Awards
Wed Oct 19
Standinding. Military Press 5x135
5x145
4x155
3x160
2x165
2x175
Seated Military Behind head 3x10
Close grip lat pull downs 3x10
Lateral raises 3x10
Face pulls 3x12

Swift

Awards
Thursday Oct 20
De Bench 140 bar weight with mini bands 8x3 3 diff grips.
Incline Bench 3x10
DB Bench 3x10
Bent over rows 3x10

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have a really odd setup to your split. Can you lay out your ME/DE schedule, please?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You do DE bench the day after doing heavy shoulders and back work on both days. That's what I mean by odd.

As far as your split, what is your current training split?