Swift Powerlifting Workout log Feedback Plz!!

Swift

Awards
You do DE bench the day after doing heavy shoulders and back work on both days. That's what I mean by odd.

As far as your split, what is your current training split?

I always use wed to work on my weak points right now being shoulders.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Doing it before your speed bench session is counterproductive. Incorporate extra delt work into your upper body days instead of giving them a specific session.

Swift

Awards
Friday Oct 21
De box squats 8x2
pull throughs 3x12
romanian dl 3x10
incline situps 3x25

Swift

Awards
Doing it before your speed bench session is counterproductive. Incorporate extra delt work into your upper body days instead of giving them a specific session.
ok ill try that

Swift

Awards
You ME on both squats and deads in the same week?
On Wendlers 5/3/1 your doing this????ave A. Warmup, 75% x 5, 80% x 5, 85% x 5+ heavy singles
Wave B. Warmup, 80% x 3, 85% x 3, 90% x 3
Wave C. Warmup, 75% x 5, 85% x 3, 95% x 1+ heavy singles
Wave D. Deload wave – 60% x 5, 65% x 5, 70% x 5

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
On Wendlers 5/3/1 your doing this????ave A. Warmup, 75% x 5, 80% x 5, 85% x 5+ heavy singles
Wave B. Warmup, 80% x 3, 85% x 3, 90% x 3
Wave C. Warmup, 75% x 5, 85% x 3, 95% x 1+ heavy singles
Wave D. Deload wave – 60% x 5, 65% x 5, 70% x 5
It's not a true ME as in close to a 1RM load. Wendler says to base all of your lifts off of 90% of your 1RM and then to take the percentage of each week off of this number. For example, if your 1RM is 500 lbs, you base all of your numbers off of 450 lbs.

Also, I believe you bought the 5/3/1 for PL'ing and not the first 5/3/1 e-book.

Swift

Awards
It's not a true ME as in close to a 1RM load. Wendler says to base all of your lifts off of 90% of your 1RM and then to take the percentage of each week off of this number. For example, if your 1RM is 500 lbs, you base all of your numbers off of 450 lbs.

Also, I believe you bought the 5/3/1 for PL'ing and not the first 5/3o/1 e-book.
i bought the ebook on elitefts

Swift

Awards
Im starting wendlers 5/3/1 Monday...if you know anything about it every 4 th week you deload do you think it would be ok to to a bodybuilding style routine every 44 th week instead of doing it like 5/3/1 says?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know what you meant and the answer is still no. 5/3/1 is also something that you do for at least 6 months.

Swift

Awards
I know what you meant and the answer is still no. 5/3/1 is also something that you do for at least 6 months.
i

Well i start tomorrow im going to do it atleast 4 months but im a little skeptic but its worth a try.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i

Well i start tomorrow im going to do it atleast 4 months but im a little skeptic but its worth a try.
5/3/1 is one of the more established training systems and has an almost cult-like status.

Swift

Awards
what were your maxes when you started and stopped 5/3/1

Swift

Awards
let me make sure im doing this right your supposed to take 90% of your 1rm and base your percentages off that.So if 5/3/ call for a set with 80% that would be 80%ok of 90% your 1rm ?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
let me make sure im doing this right your supposed to take 90% of your 1rm and base your percentages off that.So if 5/3/ call for a set with 80% that would be 80%ok of 90% your 1rm ?
For the first week, you take 85% of 90% of your current 1RM and do it for max reps. The key word is current 1RM; it's not what you did 2 months ago.

Swift

Awards
Bench 75%x5 (220)
80%x5 (235)
85%x5 (245)
265x1
275x1
Dumbell bench 5x10 (pause at bottom and explode)
tricep pushdowns 5x20
face pulls 5x20

These percentages were based off 90% of 320 that beingg 290!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
2 things:
1. Was 5 the maximum amount of reps you could do with 245?
2. You never answered which 5/3/1 ebook you bought.

Swift

Awards
and on weeks 1 and 3 it calls for heavy singles after the 5/3/1 does that mean go to 90%the or what

Swift

Awards
2 things:
1. Was 5 the maximum amount of reps you could do with 245?
2. You never answered which 5/3/1 ebook you bought.
1.i could probably done 8-9 reps
2.powerlifting version

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
1.i could probably done 8-9 reps
2.powerlifting version
Then do that many reps for that set. I haven't read the PL specific version, so I'm not sure what weeks he recommends the heavy singles.