how these stats look?

chubbsthedog6

Awards
So im 17 weigh roughly 165lbs, about 5'11" and bodyfat pretty low i wanna say around ten but i dont know how to calculate it exactly but anyway heres some of my lifts
Bench Press 225
Squat 275 for 4 reps
Deadlifts i got 300 but i feel like i could get 315 now that i think about it... And i just started doing these two weeks ago!
Clean and Press 175

So let me know what you think or anything I need to work on! i realize Im nothing special but always wanting to be!!

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
compared to? a past self? against a powerlifter or olympic lfiter or bodybuilder? or....

Brody Laybolt

Brody Laybolt

Awards
eat more and remember form is more important than anything. alot of new lifters cheat themselves out of real gains because they want to be strong to fast but youll be alot stronger in the long run if you start right. be consistent and youll get there.. your defenately not a weakling for 17 but you got a long way to go.

chubbsthedog6

Awards
yeah sorry not really comparing to anyone just in general haha but ok yeah I'm gonna do mad cow 5x5 and hopefully by the end of the three months ill be deadlifting
400 bench 275 and squat 375... i mean I'm really close to being the strongest in my class but i just don't weigh much at all i mean the only really stronger guys are weighing like 190s 200 so i need to get up there

mdpwrlifter

Awards
Your stats aren't bad what are you planning to do?

chubbsthedog6

Awards
Im not really sure what I wanna do i mean if i do decide to try and compete or anything like that I won't be deciding until i get quite a bit stronger but yeah just curious if u have any tips for me or routines or any of that?? that would be very much appreciated

mdpwrlifter

Awards
Well. For routines I like 5/3/1 and westside barbell. They work well For me.

dragevo

Banned
Awards
Your young, keep at it and eat big...that ll be your best bet on increasing size and strength

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Focus on your technique under the tutelage of seasoned vets for the next 2-3 years and then re-assess.

chubbsthedog6

Awards
yeah i just increased my deadlift to 325 today and maybe could have got 330... lo

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Do 5x5 till you stall than switch to westside would be my advice

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
How do these stats look 20 year old on gear. Liften 225 3 to 5 reps. I'm almost 5 7. and I deadlifted 315 once the other day ... Also I'm 175 current weight ** u no on or off cycle it varies my original weight was 165 164.. squats are terrible. I'm tryna know what weights u guys think I should b liften achievements reps- maxes etc.
Are you being serious?

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
OP your doing just fine. Don't compare yourself to anyone but yourself. Keep making small gradual improvements and be consistent. At 17 you have all the time in the world. Keep lifting hard and smart. By the time your 20-25 you will have some very impressive numbers.

It's cliche but it's not a sprint it's marathon.