Squat/Deadlifting Shoes???

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. my feet have no arch whatsoever. I also have never considered shoe choice as something that would hamper my strength or my form. I guess I'll try lifting in some chucks.


  2. I love training in my Vibram 5 Fingers. Especially deads
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    If there's no evidence, then it's just more crap being spewed out as rhetoric. Nothing has plagued S&C like erroneous information.

    The kung fu training is a completely different argument. That's simply training appropriately for the environment.
    idk what your deal is.. most shoes nowadays cause heel striking which is def bad for youre posterior chain..

    yu dont need scientific evidence to understand that if you have good feet you can train barefoot and have comfort+preformance.. its merely common sense positive comfort > science

    for the flat feet you can reshape by orthestotics (typo) or things such as golf ball rolling or yoga.. the body will right itself given time and consistency

  4. Quote Originally Posted by drewsky90 View Post
    idk what your deal is.. most shoes nowadays cause heel striking which is def bad for youre posterior chain..

    yu dont need scientific evidence to understand that if you have good feet you can train barefoot and have comfort+preformance.. its merely common sense positive comfort > science

    for the flat feet you can reshape by orthestotics (typo) or things such as golf ball rolling or yoga.. the body will right itself given time and consistency
    After a certain age, you cannot reshape the fascia of the foot. There is not a universal shoe that can be used in all situations despite what marketing schemes are out there will tell you. Train appropriately for your environment and you'll be fine.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  5. surprised noone mentioned Do-wins here
    •   
       


  6. well thats a good opinion, but i dont see scientific evidence for why once you hit 40 your arches are doomed

    people under age of 25 suffer from plantar fasciitis but there are stretches and therapy to redevelop the arch and reduce heel pain

  7. Quote Originally Posted by drewsky90 View Post
    well thats a good opinion, but i dont see scientific evidence for why once you hit 40 your arches are doomed

    people under age of 25 suffer from plantar fasciitis but there are stretches and therapy to redevelop the arch and reduce heel pain
    First you say to ignore a lack of scientific evidence and then you ask for it? Seems like you're just set on an opinion without any merit. You honestly expect to be able to reshape tendons, ligaments, and bones past youth? If so, then you're just a fool.

    Plantar fasciitis is a condition that is not well understood. Usually, it is caused by improper support and/or excessive weight, but there are a myriad of factors that play into this.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  8. chuck taylors or socks for me

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    First you say to ignore a lack of scientific evidence and then you ask for it? Seems like you're just set on an opinion without any merit. You honestly expect to be able to reshape tendons, ligaments, and bones past youth? If so, then you're just a fool.

    Plantar fasciitis is a condition that is not well understood. Usually, it is caused by improper support and/or excessive weight, but there are a myriad of factors that play into this.

    i dont think you understand many things, its ok though. the body can and will change under enough duress and consistency.. just have to put your mind into it and it will happen.. change is not for the weak minded

  10. Quote Originally Posted by drewsky90 View Post
    i dont think you understand many things, its ok though. the body can and will change under enough duress and consistency.. just have to put your mind into it and it will happen.. change is not for the weak minded
    Thank you for enlightening me about Wolff's and Davis' Law. I'm already well aware about the bodies ability to adapt in both bone and connective tissue.

    I clearly don't understand how this works. The Master's degree and CSCS clearly indicate that I lack knowledge in the field...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  11. [QUOTE=Rodja;2676632]Thank you for enlightening me about Wolff's and Davis' Law. I'm already well aware about the bodies ability to adapt in both bone and connective tissue.QUOTE]

    problem is i didnt even study those two, i just use my common sense and experience

  12. Quote Originally Posted by drewsky90 View Post

    problem is i didnt even study those two, i just use my common sense and experience
    That's pretty arrogant of you. Arguing with a practitioner when you admittedly have no basis for your position. Clearly, your opinion > science.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  13. Rodja, did you take a look at the Diesel shoes in my thread below? Maybe you haven't seen them in person, but maybe you can tell by the shape if they'd be a good shoe to at least try? I've just been using a Puma with a fairly flat sole. I'm wanting to get a little ankle support as I near the 400 lb DL mark with my chicken legs though.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by machwon04 View Post
    Rodja, did you take a look at the Diesel shoes in my thread below? Maybe you haven't seen them in person, but maybe you can tell by the shape if they'd be a good shoe to at least try? I've just been using a Puma with a fairly flat sole. I'm wanting to get a little ankle support as I near the 400 lb DL mark with my chicken legs though.
    I didn't look at it. Link?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  15. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That's pretty arrogant of you. Arguing with a practitioner when you admittedly have no basis for your position. Clearly, your opinion > science.
    ya apparently jesus is too

    good talk

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    surprised noone mentioned Do-wins here
    Do-Wins are a great cheap oly shoe, very high heel though. I had a custom pair of Adidas that set me back over 300 dollars after all the custom work with an even higher heel. Werksan makes a cheap pair as well, but I have found that the Chinese do make at least one quality product and that is the Do-Win.

    By the way, everyone is different, and it's very hard to determine which shoe is proper without seeing your bio-mechanics. I prefer a high heel with no absorption/cushioning ala oly shoes, it helps with my flexibility in the lower part of the lift. Someone who prefers no heel should opt for what Rodja has recommended, the two commonalities here are a shoe without any absorption/cushioning so you can use all the force from the floor, as well as balance issues.


  17. I got a pair of Nike blazers. They are exactly converse all stars but where on sale. When I squat I must have completely flat soled shoes or my knees and hips end up really hurting. I canny explain the physics of it but I learned flat soled shoes work best for me. I tried barefoot and hated it! Maybe it's the way my feet are shaped but I didn't even get to heavy sets and my feet hurt real bad.

    I have many many years of martial arts under my belt hapkido being my main focus and always trained barefoot, wore wrestling shoes wrestling. Tried to squat in wrestling shoes they where not to shabby just not my personal preference.

    I agree with finding a shoe that suits the environment. I dont run in flat soled shoes, this discussion has come up time and again. And I always find it interesting.

  18. @Rodja, this isnt actually a study but a good read on barefoot training, nothing specific about powerlifting but a good read atleast. I currently train in vibrams and I love them for squats/deads/ military press. I like the feel of them, i know they are not for everyone though. Here is the article though.

    http://articles.elitefts.com/article...foot-training/

  19. BTW, I tried those Diesel shoes. Waay too much cushion. Taking them back and ordered a pair of chuck taylors off ebay.

  20. Anyone need a brand new pair of Chuck Taylors in size 12? I bought a pair of the "double upp" Chuck's on Ebay (they have two layers - better ankle support) but they are too long for me. I wore them for all of about 5 minutes. I threw the box away before I even tried them on, but I still even have the tag that comes on them. Great ankle support, just too big for me.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by machwon04 View Post
    Anyone need a brand new pair of Chuck Taylors in size 12? I bought a pair of the "double upp" Chuck's on Ebay (they have two layers - better ankle support) but they are too long for me. I wore them for all of about 5 minutes. I threw the box away before I even tried them on, but I still even have the tag that comes on them. Great ankle support, just too big for me.
    I know what you mean; I bought my Chuck's 1/2 size smaller so my feet wouldn't shift.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How do you guys feel about deadlifting in the squat rack?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 12:24 PM
  2. good squat shoes? help a brother out
    By AntonG42O in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 07:50 PM
  3. no shoes when deadlifting?
    By LiLShAnK357 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Log in
Log in