huge bench!!!

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
How do you get your bench up i am 17 and i lifted 275 for one on a cutting diet how do i get my bench up to 325!!!????

lookingtogro

Awards
On a serious note...I remember the highschool years and the importance of your stats on just a couple of lifts. Remember to balance your workouts...I didn't know better as a young guy and got sucked into working the mirror muscles almost exclusively. End result...shoulders pulled forward and neck problems. Balance your chest with back, bis with tris, etc...take care of all the areas and not just the bragging lifts...

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
o i do i do every muscel group i was just wondering if thier were any tips/excersises anyone had to help get my bench bigger

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yo dog for a huge bench u put mad weight on the bar bro, and wear wife beaters and say bro all the time bro. Then you go to nite clubs with your hair gelled and drink all nite bro take some hgh bro. Hopefully u dont beat anyone up and go to jail before ur workout in the morning bro

i got this advice from ronnie margo jersey shore bro

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
You have to be alot more specific if you want quality advice. What type of routine are you doing now? What results have you got from that routine? Are you still cutting? Trying to increase your BP while cutting is very difficult unless you are a complete beginner or add some "anabolic assistance" while you are cutting. For most people the BP is the lift that is affected the most with weight loss.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
You have to be alot more specific if you want quality advice. What type of routine are you doing now? What results have you got from that routine? Are you still cutting? Trying to increase your BP while cutting is very difficult unless you are a complete beginner or add some "anabolic assistance" while you are cutting. For most people the BP is the lift that is affected the most with weight loss.
Exactly. It's hard enough to increase your bench by 50 lbs when not dieting, but while your on a cutting diet, it is impossible unless your sauced.

I'd say find a good powerlifting routine w/o too much volume and try to maintain your bench. Better yet, watch a sh*t-ton of youtube videos about powerlifting bench form and make yours immaculate. Your best bet is to just say f*ck it, and eat a lot and lift heavy. Girls don't care about your abs, they care about your confidence.

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
Lee Hayward's "Blast Your Bench" will help him along with a solid diet.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I'll bite.

If you're on a cut, you may not have all the explosive energy you could have at the gym. Working on form at whatever weight you're at is key to progress. Changing things up between incline, decline, standard, and alternating between dumbells and barbells will help to develop your chest more.

One thing that I did for MY chest, is work it hard once a week with triceps after a good chest workout, and then pick a day later in the week to emphasize on my triceps. If you blow up your triceps you will see an improvement on all of your chest exercises. Also, your shoulders get taxed, especially on flat and incline bench. Make sure you stretch and train those too, but not overdo it.

*edit*

NEGATIVES! try some NEGATIVES!

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
When i was in my early 20s I took my bench (real bench....ie butt down and a pause at the bottom) from 250/260 range to 300 in 9 weeks. I dont remember the exact workout but my buddy who was a strength trainer at a university turned me on to it.

Basically, after my warmup sets I did a set of 3 then 2 then 1. I planned out my weights for each week bascially moving up 5 lbs per week. On the last week I did 300lbs.....I remember thinking when I started it "how the f*ck is that going to work" but it did and I was 100% NATURAL.....no nothing.

Thought I would throw that out there...............Bottom Line is if you want a big bench YOU HAVE TO PUSH BIG WEIGHT EVERY WEEK........You can rep out 225 all you want but if you are not used doing low reps then when you put 275 on there and do a single it will feel like 400lbs......LOW REPS=BIG BENCH

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
When i was in my early 20s I took my bench (real bench....ie butt down and a pause at the bottom) from 250/260 range to 300 in 9 weeks. I dont remember the exact workout but my buddy who was a strength trainer at a university turned me on to it.

Basically, after my warmup sets I did a set of 3 then 2 then 1. I planned out my weights for each week bascially moving up 5 lbs per week. On the last week I did 300lbs.....I remember thinking when I started it "how the f*ck is that going to work" but it did and I was 100% NATURAL.....no nothing.

Thought I would throw that out there...............Bottom Line is if you want a big bench YOU HAVE TO PUSH BIG WEIGHT EVERY WEEK........You can rep out 225 all you want but if you are not used doing low reps then when you put 275 on there and do a single it will feel like 400lbs......LOW REPS=BIG BENCH
hell yea... I did westside for about 12-14 weeks and got my raw bench to 270 close grip. hell i missed the top 1/5 of 275 after doing 270. Now i switched to my ME movement as wendlers 5/3/1 without using 90% and i deload every 4th week is off so well see how it goes. but get ur mind to moving the heavy weight pick one big assistance movement and then work on muscle hytrophy and keeping ur shoulders healthy.

stullsy

Awards
  • Established
All these guys gave good advise... I would also advise on changing your grips, I use 6 different grips, close, medium, pinky on ring, ring finger on ring, index on ring and reverse grip

BMCLouzee

I only seriously started benching a few months ago. Dave Tate's videos pretty much motivate me when I feel like I should give up and settle. I started off with the bar. Then added teeny tiny 2.5 lbs on each side. I did this till I was comfortable with my form, which plays alot into the success of benching more. Personally prefer a medium grip since I started off with the pinkies on the ring. And I tried a false grip and I just couldn't do that. I also alternate my presses between dumbbells and barbells. My numbers seem to go up better that way. I've also done the back arch and toes down like a powerlifter form. Things of that nature. My max as of late is a 115 lbs. You're young, it will come to you. I'm a chick at 22 yrs old. Didn't think I would be benching but I did. Funny thing is, you know how you can pulse y'alls chest. Right now I can only do my left boob. I'm sure the right one will come in time. Good luck.

MongoSS

MongoSS

Awards
Improve your technique, eat like a champ.. and prepare like one as well. Plan your training by using the westside methods and improve the muscles that will give you a big bench. Triceps, lats, shoulders.