Best Knee and Elbow Sleeves?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.44%

How do the TK's work for elbows? I am thinking about ordering the set. You gotta respect a man like Kono.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    How do the TK's work for elbows? I am thinking about ordering the set. You gotta respect a man like Kono.
    I am hoping Flex can tell us. I have heard great thig about them and the elbows are the same as the knees you just get them smaller, so I assume as long as they fit right they will be excellent. I read about guys using Konos for years.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.44%

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I am hoping Flex can tell us. I have heard great thig about them and the elbows are the same as the knees you just get them smaller, so I assume as long as they fit right they will be excellent. I read about guys using Konos for years.
    I hope so...I know they are good for knees but the elbow supports I have used before were garbage...You need support but also a range of motion..if it does that well f yeah!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

True, range of motion is definitely a factor. Although he said he would be able to wear the leg ones through an entire workout so they must be a little looser than what I have and mine will go through a full range of motion as tight and restrictive as they are.
    Current Log:
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

EHYO FELLAZ!!

I got the medium sized Konos. I only got the Knee Sleeves. I did try putting the knee sleeves on my elbows and they were just too big. No go there.

Range of motion by just doing the bodyweight squats was just fine. I tried em on after my leg workout. I had my usual tendonitis ache and putting these on, you can definitely tell they were warming the area and my pain was dulled for sure. I'll have a great idea come Tueday when I hit the squats again. Getting them on and off was a snap too because you can fold half of it and inch it up that way rather than trying to pry your hairs off your legs. Getting them off was even easier, I pushed them down as to go inside-out and they came right off.

My hunch is that they will help me for sure, but I think wrapping will be more supportive. If I can get 75% the support of wrapping and able to wear these for the duration of my leg workout, I've accompllished my goal.

I'll give a full detailed report after my leg workout on Tues!
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.09%

sounds good i own these as well and they help me a great deal on leg and dead day. deff warm the knees

Quote Originally Posted by FlexW99 View Post
    EHYO FELLAZ!!

I got the medium sized Konos. I only got the Knee Sleeves. I did try putting the knee sleeves on my elbows and they were just too big. No go there.

Range of motion by just doing the bodyweight squats was just fine. I tried em on after my leg workout. I had my usual tendonitis ache and putting these on, you can definitely tell they were warming the area and my pain was dulled for sure. I'll have a great idea come Tueday when I hit the squats again. Getting them on and off was a snap too because you can fold half of it and inch it up that way rather than trying to pry your hairs off your legs. Getting them off was even easier, I pushed them down as to go inside-out and they came right off.

My hunch is that they will help me for sure, but I think wrapping will be more supportive. If I can get 75% the support of wrapping and able to wear these for the duration of my leg workout, I've accompllished my goal.

I'll give a full detailed report after my leg workout on Tues!
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

APT seemed pretty cheap to me. Way too think, and bulky. Almost unfunctional.

I have these... Order a size or two bigger than you think you would need. I have XXXL's.
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=3013

I love them. Now that I have them broke in a tad (about 20 uses), I can leave them on the entire session. I also pull them down on to my shin when pulling from the floor to limit my DNA deposition...
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.09%

what do you mean DNA deposition? I use em for deads and love em.

Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    APT seemed pretty cheap to me. Way too think, and bulky. Almost unfunctional.

I have these... Order a size or two bigger than you think you would need. I have XXXL's.
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=3013

I love them. Now that I have them broke in a tad (about 20 uses), I can leave them on the entire session. I also pull them down on to my shin when pulling from the floor to limit my DNA deposition...
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.58%

Okay, so my report.

Putting them on, no issues. FIRM. Felt very secure and immediate warmth.

During squats, I wanna say it felt like I was wrapped. I probably was 90% pain free.

During my Centuries thereafter, my knees were SWEATING. I mean dripping sweat from the knee area. It didn't affect the support, I was still very secure.

No issues with blood flow. Just good solid support and wore during my whole duration of workout.

Was this exactly what I was looking for? Yes.
    Confidence and reps were up. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Hope this helps.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%

Quote Originally Posted by FlexW99 View Post
    Okay, so my report.

Putting them on, no issues. FIRM. Felt very secure and immediate warmth.

During squats, I wanna say it felt like I was wrapped. I probably was 90% pain free.

During my Centuries thereafter, my knees were SWEATING. I mean dripping sweat from the knee area. It didn't affect the support, I was still very secure.

No issues with blood flow. Just good solid support and wore during my whole duration of workout.

Was this exactly what I was looking for? Yes.
    Confidence and reps were up. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Hope this helps.
    Awesome, I will have to check out what Casey mentioned too but for now I am done spending on this. I saw some of Casey's home gym and have some catching up to do. LOL

About trying them on the arms according to the sizing chart they would supposedly fit... I hope so that was part of the selling point for me was that my sizes overlapped so no need for an extra pair. I hope they are at least tight enough to offer some support there. I don't expect anywhere near what I would get on legs. Was there any support at all on the elbows or was it just really loose?
    Current Log:
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.58%

Awesome, I will have to check out what Casey mentioned too but for now I am done spending on this. I saw some of Casey's home gym and have some catching up to do. LOL

About trying them on the arms according to the sizing chart they would supposedly fit... I hope so that was part of the selling point for me was that my sizes overlapped so no need for an extra pair. I hope they are at least tight enough to offer some support there. I don't expect anywhere near what I would get on legs. Was there any support at all on the elbows or was it just really loose?
    Ill snap a pic after I get home so you can see. I wouldnt trust them on my elbows. Too big.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I like INZER products.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I like INZER products.
    I heard some good things about them because the sleeve has an adjustment on it to make it even tighter.
    Current Log:
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I heard some good things about them because the sleeve has an adjustment on it to make it even tighter.
    3 adjustments (three separate straps).
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty33 View Post
    what do you mean DNA deposition? I use em for deads and love em.
    If you wear them low, they keep you from scraping your shins. It was kind of a joke..
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

I am wearing them in this video...
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1uoJQmIMRg"]YouTube- NORTH COAST BARBELL | 545x1 - Super Mini Reverse Band Squat[/nomedia]
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%

Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    I can not get over your friggin tree trunks man... Just beastly.
    Current Log:
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.58%

I can not get over your friggin tree trunks man... Just beastly.
    Just watched that video myself. Made 545 look like 135. WTF!!!
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.58%

Pics of the 'Knee Konos' on the elbows

You can clearly see they are a litte big around the elbow. I put a stick of deodorant in between relatively easy so you can see the issue here. I couldnt do that around my knee for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.25%

i got elitefts elbow sleeves there xl which is for 200-225 pound guys and i tried lose grip bench in them and my arm was numb within 5 minutes.. and i had Large b4 which is for 170-199lbs and those didnt make it past my forarms.... the ones i have now i can pull tightly over my bicep and it kills the pain but i cant lift with a numb arm any ideas? im thinking just use them for heavy rack pull and squats?
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%

Well now that I see i wont be able to use the Konos I am going to put my APT elbow sleeves on my knees for as long as I can stand it and do it a few times to break in the fabric more then put back on my elbow. I ain't complaining, I would rather have good forearms and a hard time fitting in stuff than the opposite. I keep seeing people say it takes weeks to break em in so they are comfortable enough to wear the whole workout so we may just have to suck it up my freind and break them in. Like I said my elbow ones I can get up on my knees if I work my ass off to do it. If I do some body weight squatting and leave em on for a while it should stretch them out enough I can feel my arm and it isn't turning purple.
    Current Log:

Similar Forum Threads

1. Name Your Support- Wraps and Sleeves
    By SouthernCharm in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 12:25 PM
  2. ATP double ply knee sleeves
    By SemiBulimic in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 09:25 AM
  3. Elbow Pain... Heated Elbow sleeves???
    By brownstown89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 06:47 PM
  4. elbow!!!
    By cheezscott in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 12:44 AM