what a little embarresment can do

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
ok so i went into the gym tonight already was in a pissed off mood. girl situation is a mess, had to mow the lawn b4 going and its like 90 degrees. didnt really have plans for tonight. last day off... i was going to do rack pulls and go and these ppl are doing BO rows on the power rack :684: .

So i said **** it im just regular deadlifting. warmed up did 135 185 225 285 315 then pulled 370? i think it was without straps anyways used the straps for 435... and i pulled it and yelled idk why :dunno: and then got stuck half way and was like hell no no way im letting it go and i locked it out.. wow seemed like a 3 minute long!

soo pumped for that im getting real close to 455 which i wanted by the end of summer and i still got june july august to go. 7 pounds a month dont seem to hard at all!
just wanted to brag a bit but mostly say thanks to everyone for the help around here cheers.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You must have been in the zone if you don't know if you were using straps or not. Ugg pissed off. Ugg lift heavy things.

370 is f*cking strong weighing 170, keep it up. I'm afraid to ask, but how was form? Did you rock and roll to lock out or did your feet dig a little deeper into the floor?

What's wrong with rows in the rack? :)
Don't drink the haterade on BO Rows, save it for curls in the rack. :thumbsup:

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i was hating on the rows in the rack its just that lik 5 ppl were rotating in and out and it took forever for them to finish lol... and i meant i couldnt remember if i went 370 or 375... i didnt use straps i used straps for the 435 i needed em lol.. but without strap max and chalk im only like 10 pounds lower.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Solid lift man. You should be pulling 455 in no time.

(Btw, rack holds work magic on grip strength. Especially since your strap vs. non-strap lifts are in 10 lbs range)

That's what is great about the gym, imo. No matter what sh*t is going on in your life, when you're there it's only you and the weights. :cheers:

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i love the weights man its like how football players feel every sunday.. i workout its the biggest adranline rush when im lifting esp max effort days.. when its over all i can think bout is the next workout.. i love. no girls will ever keep me out the weight room thats for damn sure.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Lifting is definitely awesome therapy. You have those shitty days the woman is pissing you off. I just go in, put on some metal and an hour later I feel great. **** paying some head shrink