Two Weeks Until My Next Bp Competition!!

NASAKYCHAIR

NASAKYCHAIR

Awards
My last competition was the Sept 1, 2008 USAPL Bp Nationals. So, I'm excited about getting on the bp platform again. The meet is the Feb 21 NASA Upper Midwest Championship in Newark, OH. My last heavy workout is today and next week is a deload workout. I'll be competing in an Inzer Rage X.

At the meet, I'll be giving out a gym bag, wrist wraps, knee wraps, t-shirts,etc from my sponsor Inzer Advance Designs.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Good luck bro! I've got a meet that day to but its the big 3 lifts. Benching 235lbs really isnt helping me much though. My bench has been stuck for 6 weeks..

Should I do a heavy day and then light/speed work another day in the same week? I need to be able to press 250lbs minimum on March 7th.

NASAKYCHAIR

NASAKYCHAIR

Awards
Good luck bro! I've got a meet that day to but its the big 3 lifts. Benching 235lbs really isnt helping me much though. My bench has been stuck for 6 weeks..

Should I do a heavy day and then light/speed work another day in the same week? I need to be able to press 250lbs minimum on March 7th.

Here is a 4 week program based on your 235 bp max. You can do your heavy day on Monday and your speed/light day on Thursday. Or, your heavy day on Friday and your speed day on Monday. If you feel too sore, skip you light day. Rest 3-5 minutes between your heavy sets.

Speed/light day Workout:
Bench Press: 10 sets of 3 reps with 60% of 1RM; use three different grips; (45 to 60 sec rest between sets)
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extensions: 4 sets of 8 reps
Dumbbell Side Raises: 3 sets of 10 reps
Bent over dumbbell rows: 3 sets x 10 reps

Also, check out USP Labs for your supplements too. I use SuperCissus RX, Jacked and Prime. USP Labs Prime is the supplement that has been the best for increasing strength for me. I just recently set a new personal record of benching 500 lbs unequipped in the 220 class. I am sure that Prime played a huge role in making me strong enough to get that personal record. Also, I set a National bench press record and was drug tested too. I'm looking forward to using Prime to continue to help me great stronger at my upcoming Pro and National Bp meets. Definitely, I recommend USP Labs Products!

Increase your protein intake to 1 gram/pound of body weight. Eat a lot of baked chicken breast, boiled eggs, tuna fish, salmon and steak every three hours!! Eating every three will help increase your anabolic state. Which will help increase your strength and size over time.

4-WEEK BP TRAINING CYCLE

1st week
Bench press
Bar x 15
135 x 10
155 x 7
185 x 5
210 4 x 3

Pause close grip bench press
135 x 12
145 x 10
155 x 8
185 x 6

Decline skullcrusher
4 x 8

Pull ups
4 x 10

2nd week
Pause Floor Press
Bar x 15
135 x 12
155 x 8
175 x 6
195 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3

Dumbbell bench press
4 x 8

Dips
4 x 8

Bent over dumbbell row
4 x 8

3rd week
Pause 3-Board Press
Bar x 15
135 x 12
175 x 6
205 x 4
225 x 3
255 x 3
275 x 3

Push ups
4 x 20

Lying dumbbell tricep extension
4 x 8

Pull ups
4 x 8

4th week(deload)
Bench Press: 10 sets of 3 reps with 60% of 1RM; use three different grips; (45 to 60 sec rest between sets)
Bent over dumbbell rows: 3 sets x 10 reps

5th week
Competition!!

Let me know what you think!

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
1) I need to goggle floor presses. I have never seen them before.

2) Could I do towel benches instead of board presses. The high schools weight room doesnt not have boards..

Thanks you so much for your help I really appreciate it!

BTW, I am on my 4th bottle of Prime and I love it.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Should have searched first

Well after I googled those exericses I am well aware of what they are. I am more than exicted to start this program!

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Could I do towel benches instead of board presses. The high schools weight room doesnt not have boards..
I guess a rolled up towel would be ok, but it would be more of a manpon press than a board press. You can make them yourself if you wish. Get 2X4 boards at Home Depot, cut them into 1.5ft lengths, and duct tape them. Work quite well. There is a small chance of slippage b/c it doesn't have the fancy handle on it, but with a good spotter it won't be a problem.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I guess a rolled up towel would be ok, but it would be more of a manpon press than a board press. You can make them yourself if you wish. Get 2X4 boards at Home Depot, cut them into 1.5ft lengths, and duct tape them. Work quite well. There is a small chance of slippage b/c it doesn't have the fancy handle on it, but with a good spotter it won't be a problem.
Alright, thanks for the tip.

NASAKYCHAIR

NASAKYCHAIR

Awards
Well after I googled those exericses I am well aware of what they are. I am more than exicted to start this program!
Hopefully, you'll see the results you want!

Good luck and train hard!!

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully, you'll see the results you want!

Good luck and train hard!!
Well I did the 1st Week's workout and I love it. The longer rest periods made a huge difference. I think I was shorting myself of gains by only resting 1-2 minutes. a 3 minute rest period feels so much better.

I almost hit all the numbers..Bench was 210 x 4 insetad of x3 [which i was happy about] but the CG Bench was lacking with a few reps along with Pull-Ups. My arms were about to fall off!

NASAKYCHAIR

NASAKYCHAIR

Awards
Well I did the 1st Week's workout and I love it. The longer rest periods made a huge difference. I think I was shorting myself of gains by only resting 1-2 minutes. a 3 minute rest period feels so much better.

I almost hit all the numbers..Bench was 210 x 4 insetad of x3 [which i was happy about] but the CG Bench was lacking with a few reps along with Pull-Ups. My arms were about to fall off!
That's awesome!!

Keep your protein intake high because this will help with your recuperation.

Also, post your next week workout too!!

Thanks a lot!

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
dang dude 235 bench? come on bro hit that sh!t!!!

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys just checking in. I hit 240lbs at the NEO powerlifting comp on saturday. My coach and I both knew I had at least another 5 - 10lbs.

So that means my goals for 250lbs is in reach for March 7th

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
dude what kinda supplements are you allowd to take?? creatine beta alaline and joint stuff no2 testbooster all helped get me way up there. keep up that hard work. one arm dumpbell bench press on a ball shot my bench press up

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
dude what kinda supplements are you allowd to take?? creatine beta alaline and joint stuff no2 testbooster all helped get me way up there. keep up that hard work. one arm dumpbell bench press on a ball shot my bench press up
Whatever I want that won't mess my hormones/kindeys/liver/blood pressure/general health up.

I am very happy with my current progress knowing 250 is very close right now.