Cutting on PCT!

ingo_1978

Awards
Is eating below maintanence ok on PCT?

Just come off an 8 week nordiol/4-AD cycle... gained loads up to the 6 week then decided to cut to get rid of the fat for the last two weeks.

I have carried on eating below maintanence through PCT which consists of clomid, nolva and DS activate beta version, DHEA and fenugreek.

Doing same workout I have throughout the cycle but have dropped from 8 reps to 5 for PCT.

Body fat % has carried on dropping through through PCT and visibly I can see no muscle loss.

In fact today (day 4)I have gotten very spotty, esp on my back... could this mean my natty test is back and high thanks to the activate?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i, along with many other experienced guys, would not recommend cutting cals in PCT.

i'll be damned, 3000 posts. i am truly a post whore. :)

ingo_1978

Awards
actually calculating the calories I eat each day works out around 2500 which is around maintanence for me. Maybe my bf% is going down because I am eating very little fat.

wheels

Awards
  • Established
INGO 1978

Is eating below maintanence ok on PCT?

Just come off an 8 week nordiol/4-AD cycle... gained loads up to the 6 week then decided to cut to get rid of the fat for the last two weeks.

I have carried on eating below maintanence through PCT which consists of clomid, nolva and DS activate beta version, DHEA and fenugreek.

Doing same workout I have throughout the cycle but have dropped from 8 reps to 5 for PCT.

Body fat % has carried on dropping through through PCT and visibly I can see no muscle loss.

In fact today (day 4)I have gotten very spotty, esp on my back... could this mean my natty test is back and high thanks to the activate?
.I Think Beelzebub sum it up perfectly,your body will pay for it?

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
keep cals same as when you were on. Your body starts doing bad things if you cut cals too much while you're screwin with its hormones already. You may have been lucky getting no muscle loss this time around.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Everything I have ever read on the topic says: DO NOT CUT CALS DURING PCT!

You've just stressed your body with a cycle, and now your gonna stress it with caloric restriction, which will likely lead to a loss of mass...potentially negating the whole purpose of the cycle.

Winter's coming. You can hold on to a few extra lbs of fat for a while.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Everything I have ever read on the topic says: DO NOT CUT CALS DURING PCT!

You've just stressed your body with a cycle, and now your gonna stress it with caloric restriction, which will likely lead to a loss of mass...potentially negating the whole purpose of the cycle.

Winter's coming. You can hold on to a few extra lbs of fat for a while.
I must echo these sentiments as well. (S'up, B?)
If you don't feed your new muscle, you are sure to watch it vanish! Nothing worse than watching all that hard work go to waste!!!
Keep cals high and clean, so you don't put on fat, but preserve your muscle.
Clen or albuterol can be nice additions in my experience, as they allow higher caloric intake. Some feel this is potentially a catabolic mistake, but I have not found it to be so.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Mil, funny seeing you here ;)

others say clen is anti-catabolic? I don't plan on ever using it, so I don't know.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
they say it's anticatabolic in lab mice. They, being the people that test that evil compound on mice. it's never been proven in humans.

Cutting calories, or trying to cut fat in general, on PCT defeats the very purpose of PCT.. ie maintaining what LBM and strength that you possibly can.

Wait until your recovery is complete, and then cut as much as you want. BTW, it's been said that for every 3 lbs of fat you lose, you lose 1lb of muscle if doing it natty, on a typical run of the mill, cardio predominant, low dietary fat diet.... Scared? :lol:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
i, along with many other experienced guys, would not recommend cutting cals in PCT.

i'll be damned, 3000 posts. i am truly a post whore. :)
I agree with the post ho :p but I was able to cut on my last PCT with lowered cals and an ActivaTe/MP/yohimbine/DHEA stack. No clen either.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
i think their's some good advice here, but i have to go against those who recommend clen during PCT. See Spook's leptin article on avant for the reasons why. From my personal experience, it definetly led to adrenal burnout and a very bad hpta crash a couple summers ago.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the post ho :p but I was able to cut on my last PCT with lowered cals and an ActivaTe/MP/yohimbine/DHEA stack. No clen either.
Damn, Doc--that IS some magic for sure!!!
I'll be using ActivaTe/DHEA during PCT (among other things, of course) and I believe I may kick in MP based on your experience. I may use albuterol this time around, however, and I doubt I'll stack that with MP (although I did run clen with MP for a couple weeks without a problem previously). Yohimbe doesn't agree, unfortunately...

nice work, though. I still can't cut cals during PCT, 'cause I go catabolic if I miss a meal... (the curse of the ecto--I basically start losing muscle if I don't eat 2 peanut butter and banana sandwiches and a protein shake the minute I wake up...)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Yeh, albuterol is KNOWN to be anticatabolic in humans. IMO if you want to keep the fat off during PCT it's one great way to do it. With GH and IGF-1 too maybe.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Damn, Doc--that IS some magic for sure!!!
I'll be using ActivaTe/DHEA during PCT (among other things, of course) and I believe I may kick in MP based on your experience. I may use albuterol this time around, however, and I doubt I'll stack that with MP (although I did run clen with MP for a couple weeks without a problem previously). Yohimbe doesn't agree, unfortunately...

nice work, though. I still can't cut cals during PCT, 'cause I go catabolic if I miss a meal... (the curse of the ecto--I basically start losing muscle if I don't eat 2 peanut butter and banana sandwiches and a protein shake the minute I wake up...)
It is tricky, especially if you aren't taking steps to inhibit the effects of cortisol (DHEA, LX, Benzo's, etc..). Diet has to be almost perfect and high protein, frequent feedings just like you were still on anabolics. The stack I mentioned worked pretty well with low carbs, but if you already have very low BF, it may not work as well for you. I see no reason why albuterol wouldn't stack with MP.

Blown

inventor of the remix
Awards
The "BF%" you see dropping has probably been losing the bloat from 4-ad...or maybe not.