Cutting after pct

TheMstenMonk

Awards
How long would you wait to cut after pct? I plan on running my first cycle in late Novermber/early December (Test/Anadrol), and it should be done around late February, So I'm assuming I'd have to wait until April at the very least. I plan on doing a meet during the summer at 180ish bodyweight, so I will definitely have to cut. I was told to just stay on a trt dose then run another cycle before the meet to cut up and peak. Would recovery be that much harder if I was shutdown for 3 months vs 9 months? I've just always been told that cutting after your cycle without any AAS in you will result in you losing alot of the gains.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Having cut after my last cycle fairly recently I’ll say that you definitely need to wait a few months if no more.

I ran trest and epistane for 9 weeks, waiting just over a week and then cut for 7 weeks with clen 2 weeks on 2 weeks off (eca in the off weeks).

Did bloods after the cut and my test was way below normal range (prior to the cycle id been mid range). I held strength ok through the cut but towards the end and just after it dropped badly. Had a thread about it and a few of the experienced guys highlighted the negative impact of low cal and lots of cardio on test levels - basically I never came back up following cycle and then tanked it with the cut. Long time to be suppressed......

Honestly I’ll not make that mistake again, I’d be waiting at least a couple of months if not more but I’ll probably just run a cutting cycle instead.

TheMstenMonk

Awards
Having cut after my last cycle fairly recently I’ll say that you definitely need to wait a few months if no more.

I ran trest and epistane for 9 weeks, waiting just over a week and then cut for 7 weeks with clen 2 weeks on 2 weeks off (eca in the off weeks).

Did bloods after the cut and my test was way below normal range (prior to the cycle id been mid range). I held strength ok through the cut but towards the end and just after it dropped badly. Had a thread about it and a few of the experienced guys highlighted the negative impact of low cal and lots of cardio on test levels - basically I never came back up following cycle and then tanked it with the cut. Long time to be suppressed......

Honestly I’ll not make that mistake again, I’d be waiting at least a couple of months if not more but I’ll probably just run a cutting cycle instead.
This is why I was thinking about just bridging more or less not blasting and cruising as I’m not going to stay on, but maybe 100-150mg a week for 10 weeks post cycle then start a cutting/peaking cycle and pct after the meet. I have access to HCG, and have a decent amount of Nolva and Torem on hand already, so I think I have a pretty decent chance of recovering. I would also be doing bloodwork after each cycle. I could also come off without bridging, which I mentioned to the guys I train with that use, but they said that’s not enough time to recover so I should just bridge. Honestly thinking about just doing an out of state meet in a few months instead so I can use my winter cycle as a peaking cycle. But it’s very tempting to bridge assuming no complications with the first go around.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would wait at least one month after pct. as long as you’re going SLOW and I mean like 0.5-1lb a week you’ll retain your new muscle mass. Try to go 3-5 lbs a week and you’ll regret it.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you on TRT? Or you’d just be running that type of dosage between cycles? If you’re trying to maximize recovery of natural test levels, I’d have to imagine that isn’t helping. Even though the dose is low, it’s still exogenous test and will work toward lowering your body’s production.

As for recovery after 3 months vs. 9 months, when your on cycle and shutting down natural testosterone production, the testes do start to atrophy. The longer you shut yourself down, generally the worse the atrophy and the harder the recovery. So I’d say yes, there is a difference.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would wait at least one month after pct. as long as you’re going SLOW and I mean like 0.5-1lb a week you’ll retain your new muscle mass. Try to go 3-5 lbs a week and you’ll regret it.
This. Don't try and go too fast. It's better to take it slow and easy and try and hold onto your gains while leaning out...

TheMstenMonk

Awards
Are you on TRT? Or you’d just be running that type of dosage between cycles? If you’re trying to maximize recovery of natural test levels, I’d have to imagine that isn’t helping. Even though the dose is low, it’s still exogenous test and will work toward lowering your body’s production.

As for recovery after 3 months vs. 9 months, when your on cycle and shutting down natural testosterone production, the testes do start to atrophy. The longer you shut yourself down, generally the worse the atrophy and the harder the recovery. So I’d say yes, there is a difference.
I’m not on trt, was just considering bridging two cycles with a trt dose

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm a big advacote of waiting a long time to get used to carrying that new muscle. I feel when ppl cut to soon they loose more muscle then they should.

TheMstenMonk

Awards
I'm a big advacote of waiting a long time to get used to carrying that new muscle. I feel when ppl cut to soon they loose more muscle then they should.
How long would you reccomend to wait to cut naturally after pct?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How long would you reccomend to wait to cut naturally after pct?
In all honesty id probably spend 3-4 months trying to maintain and get all my health markers in good shape. Then run another cycle and try to recomp. That's how I used to do it.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I learnt from my mistakes, now on I will Bulk on cycle then recomp/slow bulk with something like kingslayer/vector for 8-12 weeks then think about cut