Do Serms lower e2?

Delboss731

Awards
  • Established
I know serms can increase estrogen through negative feedback loop but will the body actually feel like it has low estrogen. Don't serms trick the hypothalamus or pituitary into believing there is low estrogen? Basically will joints and connective tissue still be lubricated during pct even though the brain believes there is low estrogen. I ask a lot about serms. This class of drugs interest me.

Mitch_310

Mitch_310

Awards
  • Established
Serms don't lower estrogen. They simply block the receptors preventing estrogen from acting on the body. When in PCT your natural testosterone is going to be crashed. However, your body will still have a lot of excess estrogen floating around in your system creating an estrogen dominant hormone imbalance. This can lead to (gyno, bloating, ED, acne, losing all your gains) basically everything you don't want after a cycle. Not only that, serms also boost LH significantly. Helping you get back to normal levels faster. (ie: a month or 2 instead of 6 months).

as for joint lubrication. You shouldn't have problems. Now with an AI such as aromasin or letro which actually "kill" estrogen. You will experience low estro symptoms if you dose it high enough. Estrogen isn't a bad thing. The key is keeping it under control which can be tricky sometimes.

Delboss731

Awards
  • Established
Serms don't lower estrogen. They simply block the receptors preventing estrogen from acting on the body. When in PCT your natural testosterone is going to be crashed. However, your body will still have a lot of excess estrogen floating around in your system creating an estrogen dominant hormone imbalance. This can lead to (gyno, bloating, ED, acne, losing all your gains) basically everything you don't want after a cycle. Not only that, serms also boost LH significantly. Helping you get back to normal levels faster. (ie: a month or 2 instead of 6 months).

as for joint lubrication. You shouldn't have problems. Now with an AI such as aromasin or letro which actually "kill" estrogen. You will experience low estro symptoms if you dose it high enough. Estrogen isn't a bad thing. The key is keeping it under control which can be tricky sometimes.
Thank you for the response. I know serms just block estrogen not hinder it but I still have a question. Because they trick the hypothalamus into believing there is low estrogen even though there isn't, will the body respond accordingly to the brain and believe it has low estrogen displaying negative sides like dry joints, low sex drive, ect.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the response. I know serms just block estrogen not hinder it but I still have a question. Because they trick the hypothalamus into believing there is low estrogen even though there isn't, will the body respond accordingly to the brain and believe it has low estrogen displaying negative sides like dry joints, low sex drive, ect.
well, that's a good question. most of us have never had low E2 symptoms with SERMs, but honestly, I have no idea how they interact with joint tissue.

obviously part of their individual selectivity varies, as some SERMs are hard on the liver (nolva, tore) whereas things like clomid actually improve liver function. I wouldn't be surprised if some had joint improving benefits, whereas others might cause issues..... I guess we will need to do some digging into that.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288103-info-serms.html

Delboss731

Awards
  • Established
well, that's a good question. most of us have never had low E2 symptoms with SERMs, but honestly, I have no idea how they interact with joint tissue.

obviously part of their individual selectivity varies, as some SERMs are hard on the liver (nolva, tore) whereas things like clomid actually improve liver function. I wouldn't be surprised if some had joint improving benefits, whereas others might cause issues..... I guess we will need to do some digging into that.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288103-info-serms.html

Thank you for the response. Yes some more information on this matter would be helpful. Also have you always had positive results in pct while using a serm or serms? Or some negative too?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the response. Yes some more information on this matter would be helpful. Also have you always had positive results in pct while using a serm or serms? Or some negative too?
I've been fortunate, in that I've used reasonable doses, which I think is the key in mitigating side effects. I guess I've never really noticed any sides for clomid, nolva, tore or ralox.

clomid is notorious for causing emotional side effects in men, but in the vast majority of cases I've seen, guys are using 50mg/day + instead of 25 mg/day. stacking SERMs is also another way to increase their side effects, with little net gain....

Delboss731

Awards
  • Established
I've been fortunate, in that I've used reasonable doses, which I think is the key in mitigating side effects. I guess I've never really noticed any sides for clomid, nolva, tore or ralox.

clomid is notorious for causing emotional side effects in men, but in the vast majority of cases I've seen, guys are using 50mg/day + instead of 25 mg/day. stacking SERMs is also another way to increase their side effects, with little net gain....
Awesome! Thanks brother!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 4
Anabolics 14
Peptide/Research 2
Post Cycle Therapy 5
Anabolics 2