Off cycle with HCG and no serms

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
So recently I’ve came off a 5 year blast and cruise. I only came off for a short period during that whole time. Fast forward to present day where I’m working to regain my fertility. The trt clinic I am going through has prescribed HCG at 500iu a week. I asked about throwing in clomid or enclomiphene and the doctor wants to just use HCG for now and see where we are in 6-8 weeks. This seemed odd to me, but I’m trying to trust what the doctor says since I’m assuming this is what he deals with. Anybody have opinions on this protocol or experience with this?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So recently I’ve came off a 5 year blast and cruise. I only came off for a short period during that whole time. Fast forward to present day where I’m working to regain my fertility. The trt clinic I am going through has prescribed HCG at 500iu a week. I asked about throwing in clomid or enclomiphene and the doctor wants to just use HCG for now and see where we are in 6-8 weeks. This seemed odd to me, but I’m trying to trust what the doctor says since I’m assuming this is what he deals with. Anybody have opinions on this protocol or experience with this?
It's normal, different docs have different methods, if it's not working hel likely add clomid

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
It's normal, different docs have different methods, if it's not working hel likely add clomid
Alright, thanks for the response. Hopefully the crash isn’t too bad. This will all be a first for me

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
Good chance you won't crash on hcg
I actually saw on another post where you said you don’t lose fertility while b&c. Is your LH and FSH still tanked but you keep your sperm count up? No idea what my sperm count is. Have an appointment in a couple weeks to get checked, but I know my LH and FSH have been crashed for a few years. The doc says he thinks I’ll be fertile again (if I’m currently infertile) in probably 6-8 weeks from his experience but everyone is different. That sounds great but seems way shorter than what I thought it would take?