How screwed am I?

21marine

21marine

Awards
I'm on my last week of a 1ando/epiandro run. Everything has been great and I have achieved excellent results. While doing squats yesterday I was rushing and let my form slip, felt a pop in my lower back. I racked the weights and stopped my workout. I have had this happen before about 8 years ago and know it is related to my l5 degenerating. Nothing to do now but rest, stretch, and rehabilitate.
My plan is to finish the last few days of the Andros and then go into PCT as planned. I hope to get back in the gym in a week and then modify my routine to something with light weight high reps until I am recovered and exlude deads and squats until my back is 100%.
Is this going to sabotage my gains from the cycle?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm on my last week of a 1ando/epiandro run. Everything has been great and I have achieved excellent results. While doing squats yesterday I was rushing and let my form slip, felt a pop in my lower back. I racked the weights and stopped my workout. I have had this happen before about 8 years ago and know it is related to my l5 degenerating. Nothing to do now but rest, stretch, and rehabilitate.
My plan is to finish the last few days of the Andros and then go into PCT as planned. I hope to get back in the gym in a week and then modify my routine to something with light weight high reps until I am recovered and exlude deads and squats until my back is 100%.
Is this going to sabotage my gains from the cycle?
Hey bro, bad timing on the back - sorry to hear that.

Not sure whether you knew when you asked but I had a similar problem a month back just into pct myself.

In pct you need to give your body a reason to hold onto the new muscle - now that’s hard if you can’t go heavy but IMO if your able to lift in a week and you get smart with your programming you shouldn’t find it too bad.

Personally I used the leg press and deadlifted with lighter weight but with pauses mid shin to create more TUT.

If your able to squat heavy that hits the cns and most of the same muscles in a similar way to deads anyway.....

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its like any injury. Fuked!!
We get hurt , we loose a little size a little strength.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

21marine

21marine

Awards
Thanks guys and Cgkone that is a good perspective to have focus on the can not the can't. I am pleased to say I'm not in anywhere as much pain as I was when I had a similar injury 8 years ago. Just got to suck it up, improvise, adapt, and overcome!

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Reading stuff like this scares the **** out of me because I’m 3-4 months back from a year and a half off from a back injury from a car accident, and while I think I’m fine to lift I still feel a twinge every once in a while when I’m in certain positions like if I arch my back real hard. I’m scared to hurt myself even more or to even go back to the pain I was from that soft tissue damage from my car accident (omfg those back spasms had me in tears)

21marine

21marine

Awards
Reading stuff like this scares the **** out of me because I’m 3-4 months back from a year and a half off from a back injury from a car accident, and while I think I’m fine to lift I still feel a twinge every once in a while when I’m in certain positions like if I arch my back real hard. I’m scared to hurt myself even more or to even go back to the pain I was from that soft tissue damage from my car accident (omfg those back spasms had me in tears)
Just don't be an idiot like me. This was 100% preventable. I was rushing and let my form go to **** with moderate weight on the bar. You can bet your ass that I'm not going to make this mistake again.